Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 27, 2014 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
My favorite part :

NT9 said:
She stabbed him with the lance. She smashed open his skull with the butt of the lance. In what looked like a joke, she hit a home run using the handle of the lance.

But that insolent human boy would not stop speaking.

He felt the fear, but he continued to challenge this god.

“A long time ago, before you gained Gungnir, before you took your spot at the top of Gremlin, before you ran across the non-standard monster named Ollerus, and before you took the name Othinus…”

She smashed him!!

And crushed him!!

And destroyed him!!

“Did you make this mistake? Did you gain a wonderful power and charge forward without thinking to look back? And as a result, did you not know where to return to?”

i dunno how to describe him anymore.
Jan 28, 2014 2:01 AM

Aug 2009
"Cú Chulainn from Celtic mythology’s spear did not possess that ability and he was ultimately killed when his own spear was thrown back at him."
Is that a mistake from Kamachi or a mistranslation?

Cú Chulainn did die from a spear but it wasnt his own....
Jan 28, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2010
I wonder about that too?

Anyway...seems like Jsbro has slowed his pace. Torture? Or is he busy? Well I'm liking it this way better since I'll be able to keep on reading and feeling this suspense a little longer ^^

But really, Touma!!! Why u so modest XD He underestimates himself too much. There's no way a normal magician can beat him. He's gonna be totally BA when he returns to his original world. That I assure

Destroying Gungnir at the price of 2 fingers is a feat no one could do. Too BA
Jan 28, 2014 7:50 AM

Feb 2009
I did some checking on that and there's some difference in different sources.
On one version, Lugaid has the 3 spears with the 3rd killing Cu. On another version, it was Cu who has the 3 spears and the 3rd one was caught by Lugaid and thrown back at Cu, killing him.

The consistent thing in both accounts is that the spears were prophesized to kill 3 kings. The 1st killed the king of chariot drivers, Cu's charioteer. The 2nd killed the king of horses, Cu's horse. The 3rd killed him, the king of warriors.
So Kamachi must have used the second version as the reference.
Jan 28, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
I did some checking on that and there's some difference in different sources.
On one version, Lugaid has the 3 spears with the 3rd killing Cu. On another version, it was Cu who has the 3 spears and the 3rd one was caught by Lugaid and thrown back at Cu, killing him.

The consistent thing in both accounts is that the spears were prophesized to kill 3 kings. The 1st killed the king of chariot drivers, Cu's charioteer. The 2nd killed the king of horses, Cu's horse. The 3rd killed him, the king of warriors.
So Kamachi must have used the second version as the reference.

I shouldnt limit my research on the wiki then(but I didnt want to search more) since it only has the version with Lugaid having the spears.
Still...he caught Cu's attack?I understand that he was weakened due to his dog geass but come on...(mythology fails me yet again)
Jan 28, 2014 11:12 AM
Oct 2012
this being one of the best fights in the series, agree?
Jan 28, 2014 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
No

Is that still taken by Touma vs Accel 1?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 28, 2014 2:17 PM

Aug 2009
GodlyKyon said:
ssjokg said:
No

Is that still taken by Touma vs Accel 1?

That,Accel vs Kakine,Accel vs Kakine 2, Accel and Mugino vs Kakine,Aqua vs Knight Leader,Thor vs Silvia and Brunhild vs Misaka.
And probably Touma and Gunha vs Misaka.
Jan 28, 2014 2:42 PM

Feb 2009
Touma and Kakine vs Rensa was a pretty good fight as well.
Jan 28, 2014 2:59 PM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
Touma and Kakine and Fremea vs Rensa was a pretty good fight as well.
:)
Jan 28, 2014 3:28 PM

Aug 2013
Acernos said:
this being one of the best fights in the series, agree?

One-sided battle is hardly a good battle.
Jan 28, 2014 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
So I am just start on volume 8. IDK how I felt about Volume 7, but the writing seriously scrambled.

It may be satisfying to read on a volume-to-volume basis on periods of 4 month, but reading it in a fluid motion... Could be better, but not that it isn't already excellent.

Well yeah... Seeing how this volume isn't even finished at being translated yet, I guess I will take it easy now, reading 4 volumes in the last 1 week or so was a bit hectic.
Jan 29, 2014 1:13 AM

Aug 2013
Finally it's end.

i found this quote really funny :
NT9 said:
For the first time, Kamijou swung his right hand. But not in a straight impact meant to destroy. He scooped his hand up from below, traced his hand along the surface of the arrow, and diverted its trajectory upwards.

so TouMAN really has kungfu skill now ? lol.

This is the greatest NT volume, if not the entire TAMNI volume, i ever read. Kamachi managed to make me (at least) not hating Othinus (instead i love her now XD) after what all she had done in those worlds. I salute you, Kamachi.
Jan 29, 2014 4:38 AM

Aug 2010
Loved the conclusion. Touma deciding to protect Othinus even with the world as an enemy and her reaction was so great. Dem feeelz >•<

The way Othinus chose Toumas world instead of hers was <3
I love her so much now.

Loved so many parts with how Touma was thinking about Othinus esp this one

NT9 said:
"Dammit,” muttered Kamijou while almost in tears. His voice quickly grew to a shout. “When I said I couldn’t stand that place any longer and decided to flee that nightmare world, was I forcing that same nightmare onto you!? Are you experiencing the same world that made me give up!?”

Hope Touma can whoop ass nxt volume. I wonder how his friends will react. can't wait :3

110/10 I may be exaggerating from adrenaline rush but best volume I've read my entire life XD
Jan 29, 2014 6:23 AM

Aug 2009
Wait.

A female char that wasnt punched and understood him?
This isnt Index.
Jan 29, 2014 6:30 AM

Aug 2010
ssjokg said:
Wait.

A female char that wasnt punched and understood him?
This isnt Index.

OTP then. She or Will-chan <3 :P

It's decided and I don't think anyone can complain XD
Jan 29, 2014 7:00 AM

May 2012
Finally got to read the whole volume. Gotta say this volume is satisfaction x] Touma is always awesome but this volume he broke the records :D , and Othinus is <3

BTW I couldn't find the link for volume 9 PDF, did baka tsuki stop the pdf's ??
Jan 29, 2014 7:01 AM

Aug 2009
camel-d said:
Finally got to read the whole volume. Gotta say this volume is satisfaction x] Touma is always awesome but this volume he broke the records :D , and Othinus is <3

Give them some time.It could take a day or even a month.
Jan 29, 2014 7:10 AM

May 2012
ssjokg said:
camel-d said:

Give them some time.It could take a day or even a month.

Ok

I'm confused about the chapter count, not sure which is the correct. My count was 54, but I see a lot of 91's.
Jan 29, 2014 7:31 AM

Apr 2013
"Okay, everyone. It’s time to see a truly lovestruck blonde-haired, green-eyed goddess.
-Kamachi Kazuma"

Looks like Othinus has been formally introduced into the harem.
an egomaniac and a fool

Jan 29, 2014 10:40 AM
Oct 2012
incredible volume, is the best of the NT.

is serious that you did not like Touma vs Othinus? a human trying to break a god? I loved this fight was different from the patterns.

ps: my struggles'd rather just in the NT. (not necessarily in that order)

Touma vs Thor round 1 and 2.
Touma vs Birdway.
Thor vs Brunhild.
Kagun vs Byori.
Kanzaki vs Mjolnir.
Hamazura vs Silver Cross.

I found disappointing Accelerator and mugino against Bad Kakine. very annoying.

and

“Be selfish if you wish. Forget about good and evil. It doesn’t matter what your reasons are. Maybe something irritates you or maybe something is an eyesore. Just act the way you want. You’ve already shown me that doing that will lead to everyone smiling. So do as you wish. …What is it you wanted to do in the very beginning? Unless you make that come true, you will become what I was: a pathetic lost child crushed by the happy world.”

best quote
AcernosJan 30, 2014 1:58 PM
Jan 29, 2014 11:25 AM

Sep 2012
Woaa.
That was the best. Touma became truly a great character in this one.
Jan 29, 2014 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
Why don't you guys just use the thing that converts the books to EPUBs? I read them on my Note 3, it's amazing
Jan 30, 2014 6:23 PM

Mar 2013
Greatest NT Volume
Touma Kamijou, greatest shounen MC ever
Touma and Othinus vs The entire world....I wonder who will side with Touma....
Jan 31, 2014 2:29 AM
Jan 31, 2014 8:49 AM

Aug 2009
Feb 1, 2014 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
what a splendid tale of splendid splendidness

this wait for volume 10 is gonna surely be a long one
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Feb 2, 2014 7:52 PM

Jun 2011
I finally sat down and read this novel all tonight and god damn this is the best NT novel so far such a good one with so many great and memorable moments and quotes, so many i wont even try to list individual ones.

Well i officially fell in love with Othinus this novel as well (Will is great as well but Othinus really stood at the top for me.) Yet another good blonde female character that Kamachi created. She goes right along with Misaki and Leivinia as some of my favourite index characters. Kamachi why do you make your blonde girls so good?
DragoonDeusFeb 3, 2014 1:09 PM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Feb 3, 2014 1:28 PM

Sep 2011
Reading this... ON page 67 wow... I have made it this far... I cannot believe it

First of all YES, there are so many blonde female characters,but hey, at least lessar has dark hair despite being a caucasian character.

Turning all this around... touma does have a shallow relationship with everyone wow... Good job pointing that out

Page 84:

Wow.. .This is some Evangelion-level mental babble here... If JC Staff can do this right, this volume could be done in 2 episodes or so, and it would be AMAZING. Use creative interpretation like SHAFT... the possibilities is just stunning...

I am getting an odd fascination with Othinus, not quite the like I had for Misaki... But her obsession with Touma and torturing him is really maturing him and is kind of special... NO longer is it just a one dimensional save the girl series...

I can't describe it, but wow...
GodlyKyonFeb 3, 2014 6:59 PM
Feb 3, 2014 8:58 PM

Feb 2014
Easily the best part of New Testament. I like the way Kamachi went about the "fight" between Touma and Othinus. It wasn't the usual, but it was awesome.

The bad thing is I liked this too much. I want the sequel already! My soul needs it!
Feb 4, 2014 4:25 PM

Sep 2011
Brilliant novel... I din't catch all the pointys, but this novel... FUCK!

I really wish the Index Anime would've cute the unnecessary stuff to make the speed faster, a lot of time was wasted, we might've even saw this in animation in a year or 2!
Feb 4, 2014 4:47 PM

Feb 2014
Don't know about that. The anime already cut a lot of stuff as it was. Each season is about like 6-7 novels. That's a lot of content when you think about it. Trying to rush things may end up doing harm.

Sadly, this content would only get animated in a hypothetical season 5 :(
Feb 4, 2014 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
RedHazard said:
Don't know about that. The anime already cut a lot of stuff as it was. Each season is about like 6-7 novels. That's a lot of content when you think about it. Trying to rush things may end up doing harm.

Sadly, this content would only get animated in a hypothetical season 5 :(

What I remembered, was that there were a BUNCH of scenes where the time frame was either wasted by prolonged scenes that should've been faster, or too much fanserve in the form of near-nudity.

Sigh... I guess, But I was thinking of even cutting Arcs that were irrelevant, such as the guy with the arrow arc and whatever...

But yeah... Having God to be his harem member... Props Touma, seriously, he went through a lot, I hope he is more mature by this time.
Feb 5, 2014 7:34 AM
Mar 2013
Chapter 7 was the best chapter in To aru Verse hands down. Best stuff I've seen. That chapter was probably one of the best chapters of anything I've ever read.

Touma finally went from my #2 fave character to my #1, cause he did what he had to to become a true boss, and he even became a little selfish.

That afterword was great. Next volume boss rush, Dere Othinus, Touma vs. World. I'm also hoping that we see things like Greek Gods soon enough... we've gotten so many references to that mythology already and apparently Kamachi really likes Greek Mythology... he even mentioned Ambrosia in the movie and other things in this volume, so I'm hopeful.

I can't wait for NT 10. This was definitely the best volume yet for me, and I liked it more than WWIII grand finale which was my second favorite. So much insane stuff happened this volume that I'm still digesting it a long time after reading it.

I bought this one, and am planning to buy more because this one was just so good... Once again Kamachi smashes all expectations and writes something brilliant.
Feb 5, 2014 11:00 AM

Jun 2011
A taste of dere Othinus http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r163/slicer18/cXGVfxH.jpg

DragoonDeusFeb 7, 2014 2:48 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Feb 5, 2014 8:58 PM

Aug 2009
dniv said:
Chapter 7 was the best chapter in To aru Verse hands down. Best stuff I've seen. That chapter was probably one of the best chapters of anything I've ever read.

Touma finally went from my #2 fave character to my #1, cause he did what he had to to become a true boss, and he even became a little selfish.

That afterword was great. Next volume boss rush, Dere Othinus, Touma vs. World. I'm also hoping that we see things like Greek Gods soon enough... we've gotten so many references to that mythology already and apparently Kamachi really likes Greek Mythology... he even mentioned Ambrosia in the movie and other things in this volume, so I'm hopeful.

I can't wait for NT 10. This was definitely the best volume yet for me, and I liked it more than WWIII grand finale which was my second favorite. So much insane stuff happened this volume that I'm still digesting it a long time after reading it.

I bought this one, and am planning to buy more because this one was just so good... Once again Kamachi smashes all expectations and writes something brilliant.

I really dont remember many Greek mythology...

I do remember Norse though... -_-
Feb 6, 2014 7:26 AM
Feb 2014
ssjokg said:

I really dont remember many Greek mythology...

I do remember Norse though... -_-

Well hard to forget about Norse if a guy named Thor runs around ;-)

But yeah Toaru hasn't used much greek mythology till now, mostly greek was only used for names like Telesma for example, which means payment or toll (which is quite fitting considering what angels are in the Toaruverse :D)

On the other hand the movie just was a collection of greek mythology:

First the name: Endymion is the name of a human the moon titan Selene fell in love with. As he was a mortal the time they would have to part would inevitably come, so she wished from Zeus that the both of them could stay together forever. Zeus then let Endymion fall into a never ending sleep and Selene watched over him every day.

Next is the aforementioned Ambrosia, which is the food of Gods and said to grant immortality.

Lastly what I remember and which stroke me first while watching it, was the name of Shutaura Sequenzia's father, Deadalus. Deadalus was the father of Icarus and the one who came up with the flying with feathers plan.
I hardly think that wasn't Kamachi's intention, seeing as he was pilot and he was the one who gave Shutaura the "wings" to grant miracles ;-)

As this is more or less totally off topic at least my opinion about volume 9:

...well I'm not sure what I should say as this volume struck me as sth completly unusual from how the other volumes of Toaru are; it is at least for me without a doubt the best toaru volume till now and I'm really on the edge how the story will progress in the next LN :D
Feb 6, 2014 3:38 PM

Aug 2009
He barely used any in the many series though.So the whole "he likes Greek mythology" is kinda off.

And unlike simply references of the movie,the main series' Norse mythology is an important part of the story.
Feb 6, 2014 5:50 PM

Sep 2011
The question begs...

WHERE IS ISLAM!????

Also, apparently English Index Fans are clamoring to the Othinus Touma ship!??

on topic:

Still a shame looking back how much better the show could've been handled.
Feb 6, 2014 8:25 PM
Mar 2013
GodlyKyon said:
The question begs...

WHERE IS ISLAM!????

on topic:

the pairing growing much more popular in japan as we speak now.
Feb 6, 2014 10:18 PM

Aug 2013
GodlyKyon said:
The question begs...

WHERE IS ISLAM!????

on topic:

No i really doubt Islam would be featured in TAMNI since it would trigger uneccessary conflict irl (Moslems don't take lightly on anything that considered offensive related to their religion, and you should have known how religion is treated on TAMNI lol)

Well, they understand each other so maybe that's why (says one of the OTP shipper :3)
Feb 7, 2014 1:34 AM

Aug 2009
It's funny though.
We had WW3 with the 3 big Christian Churches at each others' throats and Islam didnt do anything.

So either Islam's magic is shit or their magic leaders,which is what matters in TAMNI are smarter/more logical than the Christian Churches'.

ON OTP topic:
Still a MisakixTouma shipper here.
Feb 7, 2014 1:58 AM

Feb 2009
belatkuro said:
ToumaxSuffering OTP
I'm fine with either ToumaxMisaki(Kamisaki?) or ToumaxOthinus(Kamijothinus?)

Othinus doujins fucking where?
Feb 7, 2014 2:48 AM

Jun 2011
belatkuro said:
I'm fine with either ToumaxMisaki(Kamisaki?) or ToumaxOthinus(Kamijothinus?)

Othinus doujins fucking where?

Sadly we wont get loads of fan art of the new testament girls till it gets animated god knows when. I am always on the look out for fan art of NT but there is just not enough, when it gets animated there should be loads like after Misaki started appearing in the manga and got her appearance in the anime she has a lot of art work and doujins now.

OthinusxTouma really has become a solid first place for me but of course MisakixTouma is still second for me and third would be LeiviniaxTouma but that i know is not going to happen. Since she appeared in NT she became a fast favorite character and i really did like the relationship that grew between her and Touma and how that conflict played out in NT 5 and 6. Again my 3 top pairings are all blondes but that is Kamachi's fault for making all his blonde characters awesome (Thor as well so that is even the guys) not because i have a thing for blonde hair or something like that.

I can see why he has not really touched on Islam magic though because well yes it very well may turn into something like poking a bear with a stick unfortunately. There are still many major relgions left for him to explore like Hinduism for example, but yes he has always used Norse mythology a lot and it is one of the most major ones in Index.
DragoonDeusFeb 7, 2014 2:51 AM
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

Feb 7, 2014 4:20 AM

Aug 2009
From what I know,which isnt that much anyway, Islam doesnt really have a huge mythology behind it so maybe thats why he doesnt touch it that much.

Again, my knowledge of Islam is very close to 0, but I have never read or seen any works based on it unlike many myths and legends from any other religion/countries.
Feb 7, 2014 5:53 AM

Aug 2013
Slicer22 said:

Sadly we wont get loads of fan art of the new testament girls till it gets animated god knows when. I am always on the look out for fan art of NT but there is just not enough, when it gets animated there should be loads like after Misaki started appearing in the manga and got her appearance in the anime she has a lot of art work and doujins now.

OthinusxTouma really has become a solid first place for me but of course MisakixTouma is still second for me and third would be LeiviniaxTouma but that i know is not going to happen. Since she appeared in NT she became a fast favorite character and i really did like the relationship that grew between her and Touma and how that conflict played out in NT 5 and 6. Again my 3 top pairings are all blondes but that is Kamachi's fault for making all his blonde characters awesome (Thor as well so that is even the guys) not because i have a thing for blonde hair or something like that.

I can see why he has not really touched on Islam magic though because well yes it very well may turn into something like poking a bear with a stick unfortunately. There are still many major relgions left for him to explore like Hinduism for example, but yes he has always used Norse mythology a lot and it is one of the most major ones in Index.

Actually Hinduism was already featured on Road to Endymion if i recall correctly.

I hope Kamachi would explore Egypt Mythology instead, since it would be related to the Aeons, i think.
Feb 7, 2014 5:54 AM

May 2012
Well magic in islamic mythology is mostly based on jinn. And there is just general information about jinn and nearly nothing about their names,types etc, unlike norse or greek mythology which has a big variety of gods and other mythological creatures.
camel-dFeb 7, 2014 6:04 AM
Feb 7, 2014 7:45 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
It's funny though.
We had WW3 with the 3 big Christian Churches at each others' throats and Islam didnt do anything.

So either Islam's magic is shit or their magic leaders,which is what matters in TAMNI are smarter/more logical than the Christian Churches'.

ON OTP topic:
Still a MisakixTouma shipper here.

S
Hakuryuukou said:
GodlyKyon said:
The question begs...

WHERE IS ISLAM!????

on topic:

No i really doubt Islam would be featured in TAMNI since it would trigger uneccessary conflict irl (Moslems don't take lightly on anything that considered offensive related to their religion, and you should have known how religion is treated on TAMNI lol)

Well, they understand each other so maybe that's why (says one of the OTP shipper :3)

Still too... I just cannot fathom how people still support IndexShip, it's almost like the author wants to make her into a joke.

Have Mohammed to be a Lolicon or the Ayatollah to be one LOL.

As far as we know though, a MYTHOLOGY exists in this universe and so far, no mention of Islam.
Feb 7, 2014 6:31 PM

Aug 2013
GodlyKyon said:

Still too... I just cannot fathom how people still support IndexShip, it's almost like the author wants to make her into a joke.

Have Mohammed to be a Lolicon or the Ayatollah to be one LOL.

As far as we know though, a MYTHOLOGY exists in this universe and so far, no mention of Islam.

Well, since Christian and Catholic were already featured in TAMNI, Islam wouldn't make much variety since they were sharing the same history at a certain point (and you should have known if Mohammed wouldl be featured as a such outrageous character, Kamachi would suffer the same fate as Touma in Alpha World :p)

Islam do have some mythology you know, but only a few and they weren't that well known.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Volume 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2013

36 by FragmantLemon »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM

Poll: » Favorite Hero?

Soge_king999 - Feb 4, 2013

14 by TAMNI-GT »»
Mar 24, 2022 11:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.