Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2013 4:56 AM
Sep 2013
Please list your favorite Manga/Anime of an apocalyptic nature. If you can, please describe it in your own words.
xmatterDec 9, 2013 6:56 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 8, 2013 4:58 AM
Sep 2013
My top one is Berserk by Kentaro Miura. Not quite a "true" apocalyptic themed anime. I must admit that I only watched the series and have yet neglected to read the manga.

Set in an European medieval time, the TV series with the exception of the first episode is a recap on the main character Gattsu(Guts). The series shows Gattsu's progression from a boy to a man who can wield a humongous sword. The series finally gets dark and shows how Gattsu's (personal) world changes as all his friends are sacrificed.

Apparently, the manga covers quite a bit more. There is a lot more blood and violence too.
xmatterDec 9, 2013 6:55 PM
Dec 8, 2013 2:38 PM

Aug 2012
- Blame!/Biomega -and anything related to Nihei-
- Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Battle Angel Alita, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind...

Yeah, pretty much all of my top 5 atm.
Dec 8, 2013 4:35 PM

Dec 2012
Wolf's Rain, Nausicaa, and Akira are among my favorites.
Dec 8, 2013 5:24 PM

Oct 2012
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Texhnolyze
Casshern Sins
Cowboy Bebop
Blue Gender
Akira

Roughly in order.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Dec 8, 2013 6:05 PM
Sep 2011
Akira - Both the manga and the anime are awesome.
Appleseed - Haven't seen the anime yet, but the manga is pretty good.
BLAME! - Really interesting, and it has a great setting.
Devilman - One of my favorite manga, it's really amazing. Only the last few volumes are post-apocalyptic though.
Fist of the North Star - The anime and manga are both good, but the manga is much better. Also, you are already dead.
Future Boy Conan - A great early Miyazaki show, gorgeous animation, and it's got a lot of stuff in it that ends up in later Ghibli movies.
Hotel - The title story is a fantastic story about a robot that becomes sentient after the fall of mankind.
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind - Another great Miyazaki movie/manga.
Riki-oh - It's like Fist of the North Star, but with more crazy-awesomeness.
Trigun - DEEP SPACE PLANET FUTURE GUN ACTION!!
Violence Jack - Sequel to Devilman, and like Fist of the North Star, but with a lot more gore.
Dec 9, 2013 7:08 PM
Sep 2013
Kiba no Tabishounin - The Arms Peddler : A post apocalypse world with a somewhat homestead feel. A boy (Sona Yuki) and his family are attacked and he is left to survive after being branded. Just as he is about to give up on life and die, an arms merchant sells him a knife in exchange for his servitude. Now, Sona must travel from town to town and seeing how dark human nature can be.
Dec 9, 2013 8:27 PM

Aug 2012
KnT is indeed a good read.

*I need moar Garami!*
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Countdown to the End.

xmatter - Feb 10, 2014

5 by kcuf »»
May 4, 2014 1:46 AM

» Anime relation - Updates

Veldarth - Feb 21, 2014

7 by Veldarth »»
Apr 26, 2014 11:40 AM

» Inventory

lectito - Feb 20, 2014

0 by lectito »»
Feb 20, 2014 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.