Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 8, 2013 12:56 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode!

Happy for the kids, they finally joined Log Horizon. Shiroe and company will take good care of them :)

The NPCs are making their move eh? I sense delicious developments!
Dec 8, 2013 12:57 PM

Mar 2013
thepath said:
I just can't believe how overrated this anime is. How the hell this particular episode got 84% 5/5 votes ? What is so special about it ? Please don't tell me that cosplay or curry thing is what makes this episode good.

Even the best episodes in animes like dead note and SNK barely get such high score.

I think this episode deserve 2 or 2.5/5 at most, but i'll vote 1/5 because I'm really pissed off this insanely overrated anime

Because I had a smile on the whole way though the episode, a show doesn't have to have loads of action or be serious to be entertaining.

And two can play this game why the hell have you rated trash like freezing 9/10?

Dec 8, 2013 3:28 PM

Jun 2012
"Nice Timing!"
Finally, the best character is introduced.

RaIshtar said:
Dumb question here but I've been searching for a good time now and can't seem to find the answer. Will the second half air this Winter or later ? Thanks in advance ^^

If the second half weren't airing in winter it'd probably be split into a Log Horizon Season 2 page, I believe it was announced to be a 2-cour Anime so it can be assumed there will be no wait.
Dec 8, 2013 4:34 PM

Jul 2012
Aaah we finally see Raynesia, the lazy bones princess. I love her character. I hope they do her justice in the anime. And her interactions w/ a certain bespectacled gentleman (no, not the one you guys are thinking of) is so shoujo manga-ish it's actually refreshing.

And the curry bit was added in the adaptation but it was still enjoyable.

Oh, and Rudie (Rundelhaus) you lovable, gullible chap you. I'm glad he already made an appearance. Usually a character like him tends to be annoying but Touno sensei does it again and makes him quite likable.
swordstriker21Dec 8, 2013 4:38 PM
Dec 8, 2013 5:50 PM

Jun 2013
Not my favorite episode but still a decent episode

Need more Akatsuki! :)
Dec 8, 2013 5:57 PM
Aug 2012
modestfiend said:
glasses fidget count: 4

total so far:80

OP/ED's were excluded, and action had to have hand touching the glasses, so random glints were excluded.

XD plz keep tracking this
Dec 8, 2013 6:54 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, nice episode, they're taking a break after that battle for akihabara..

Now the next one, Lady lenessia huh, she looks like the girl who shiroe admires...

And the people of the land is moving, I hope it's not war..
Dec 8, 2013 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
modestfiend said:
glasses fidget count: 4

total so far:80

OP/ED's were excluded, and action had to have hand touching the glasses, so random glints were excluded.

LMAO I can't believe you actually went back and watched all episodes just to count all the glasses lift XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 8, 2013 9:05 PM
Nov 2013
thepath said:
I just can't believe how overrated this anime is. How the hell this particular episode got 84% 5/5 votes ? What is so special about it ? Please don't tell me that cosplay or curry thing is what makes this episode good.

Even the best episodes in animes like dead note and SNK barely get such high score.

I think this episode deserve 2 or 2.5/5 at most, but i'll vote 1/5 because I'm really pissed off this insanely overrated anime

lol you're funny. now gtfo and watch your sword sex online.
this anime is for people with brain.
Dec 9, 2013 1:21 AM

May 2012
Newhopes said:
thepath said:

Because I had a smile on the whole way though the episode, a show doesn't have to have loads of action or be serious to be entertaining.

And two can play this game why the hell have you rated trash like freezing 9/10?

You didn't watch freezing vibration according to your list. The second season is more darker and serious than 1st season. I rate 9/10 because I enjoyed it, better than childish anime with no drama like log horizon.
Dec 9, 2013 1:22 AM

Aug 2008
What I don't get is if these NPC's (People from the Land) can even actively engage in battles with players.
Like, can they directly harm players? Or is the worst and most direct they can do is system denials, much like what Shiroe can do with the Guild Building, like denying access to services and area access to players?

If they can attack players, then this could get really interesting.
Dec 9, 2013 1:31 AM

Jul 2012
thepath said:
Newhopes said:
thepath said:

You didn't watch freezing vibration according to your list. The second season is more darker and serious than 1st season. I rate 9/10 because I enjoyed it, better than childish anime with no drama like log horizon.

Actually the later novels get darker. Once a certain character is introduced things get a lot more complicated. And you know what? It's not actually shallow. It's drama w/ substance and you actually feel for the characters. What's more it gets your brain working since a lot of factors lurk beyond the surface in the signature style of Mamare Touno of Maou Maoyuu Yuusha fame.

I've read the Freezing manga and felt like dropping it so many times since the drama was getting so over the top it was beyond the point of ridiculousness. I finally did after the latest arc and hope beyond all hope that if Im Dal Young does finish the damn thing it doesn't get to suffer from his signature "half baked ending syndrome". At least not too much......

Genix said:
What I don't get is if these NPC's (People from the Land) can even actively engage in battles with players.
Like, can they directly harm players? Or is the worst and most direct they can do is system denials, much like what Shiroe can do with the Guild Building, like denying access to services and area access to players?

Actually, yes they can. It's akin to PVP. As for system denials it actually isn't confirmed yet but... (Spoilers ahead)

swordstriker21Dec 9, 2013 1:51 AM
Dec 9, 2013 2:28 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

As expected, adjusted the mess in the house, you go to explore distant lands, so there will surely be some new and some new character!
Interesting texture, rather exciting (Umeko mode: ON). Growth is felt episode after episode, there's a bit of everything, now you should go back to talking through the weapons, or so ago to predict the promo.
Good episode, even this does not disappoint, the narrative fails to measure out the times and to enjoy and engage the viewer in the various processes and make it attach to the various characters. Which I can be beautiful because han way to grow in a slow, as is the case this time with Shiroe!
Altreo secret that makes the anime OST is nice, too bad there has not been a most beautiful design! ^ ^ "

KhanhCPham said:
I am glad I picked this series. I enjoy how the show takes its time earning its moments. They really open a whole new plot device with the combining items concept. A war brewing? This will be interesting.

Do worse than SAO was a difficult task, but if the series had a character design and the best scenario would have exceeded SAO even more than they do now, even though the story different from each other!
Dec 9, 2013 3:11 AM
May 2013
thepath said:
Newhopes said:
thepath said:

So piss off when people enjoy logic anime than brainless anime ?
your logic? Action + drama = good anime ?
such a joke
don't want use your brain ?
solution:
shut up and GTFO
and freezing, ah yeah, no thank you, just half ass manga alone is fine to drop with me
Dec 9, 2013 3:15 AM
Nov 2013
Genix said:

no no, if there is a war they will not go SwordxSword with players
they will just quit all job in important building like a bank. all players might have trouble.
i think Shiroe already make that clear. he said NPC can live without players but player cant live without NPC. re-watch it for more details :)
Dec 9, 2013 4:07 AM

Oct 2009
thepath I don't understan your logic. You are giving it a lower score, because other people are liking it?
Geez, these days Myanimelist is full of hating hipsters...
Gib [img] plz
Dec 9, 2013 4:20 AM

Feb 2013
I'm so glad the round table conference BS is over with now, I thought that was going to go on forever. I hate filler and no thriller. But this is still a great anime imo.
Dec 9, 2013 5:23 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode, it was an explanation of what exactly happened but I was wating for some fights anyway I smell a war coming. Adventuers and NPCs also who might that gramps be and who might that blue eyed blue haired 'not sure if blue' I guess she will be much important. Sth else I have seen a few more times Shiroe remembering that girl with the hat from Tea Party could she be Shiroe's first love or sth else. Will she end up being the main antagonist? IDK we w8 and see.
A Story will always come to it's end. The thing is, will you move on after it's over?
Dec 9, 2013 10:39 AM

Mar 2012
Trebel said:
I'm so glad the round table conference BS is over with now, I thought that was going to go on forever. I hate filler and no thriller. But this is still a great anime imo.

That wasn't filler, it's actually one of the most important arcs in the novel, dealing with the creation of Log Horizon and the Round Table.
Dec 9, 2013 11:39 AM

Jan 2013
It's great how the anime expanded some scenes from the light novel especially the summoning and the curry scenes. My black heart glasses can't be this cute! Now I'm really looking forward to the way they handle the next arc.

thepath said:

People enjoy wordswordswords: the episode. Shocking, I know.

Seriously though, to each their own. I never got SNK's popularity myself but you don't see me rating it badly out of spite or raging at the boards for anyone liking it.
Dec 9, 2013 11:48 AM

Feb 2010
The good thing about Log Horizon is that they don't rely on filler episodes to change the mood.
Definitely loving this one. :)
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 9, 2013 2:17 PM
Jun 2010
KaiKatsuya said:
Trebel said:

That wasn't filler, it's actually one of the most important arcs in the novel, dealing with the creation of Log Horizon and the Round Table.

LH is really all about the politics and relationships in the game, and very interesting and entertaining imo.
Dec 9, 2013 4:42 PM

Jul 2012
Exactly. Basically no episode or scene is filler. Everything ties up w/ everything else and even the smallest and most subtle developments have some kind of significance. The upcoming beach episode for example.

I can see why some people will be turned off by Mamare Tounos writing style but the thing to remember is that this and Maou Maoyuu isn't all about fights, wars and drama. They are just elements of the collective whole. The character interactions and political and and economic maneuvering are major elements that play a large role in the narrative. Not enjoying them would bring down your collective enjoyment of the show in general.

And not shying away from that makes this one of the best novel adaptations out at present. I have a bit of a peeve though. THE MASSIVE CENSORING! NHK is deliberately shying away from showing the darker aspects of the series. Like violence against women and children and some worse things like rape. Brigandia was actually engaged in human trafficking/slavery and kidnapping of People of the Land (females mostly). They even modified Shiroes line from the round table conference:

"The next will be human rights, the guarantee of personal freedom. In this world where death is not the end, confinement and kidnapping are more serious than in the old world. Joining and leaving guilds should be a voluntary decision, forceful and coercive actions should be illegal and punishable by law. Other things like murder and rape should be obviously be illegal too."

They removed the "murder and rape" bit w/c was somewhat of a disappointment. Heck, even the Undines who were supposed to be naked went the "cosplay" route. Also, one of the major reasons for players to not like killing monsters (i.e. realistic blood and gore) is toned down a lot.

This makes the LH anime a good adaptation instead of a great one, at least for me personally.
swordstriker21Dec 9, 2013 5:10 PM
Dec 9, 2013 4:47 PM

Oct 2012
Trebel said:

Lol your dumb, that's not filler lol, filler is something completely made up that was not original and from the book. Log horizon has had no filler yet. And even if it was filler, that arc was good regardless.
Dec 9, 2013 4:54 PM

Mar 2013
thepath said:
Newhopes said:
thepath said:

You don't seem to be intelligent enough to get my point, should I go and rate all Freezing episodes 1/5 because I think it's trash and people are overrating it?

Dec 9, 2013 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
swordstriker21 said:
THE MASSIVE CENSORING! NHK is deliberately shying away from showing the darker aspects of the series.

Well it's NHK so it's to be expected. Heck every time I switch the channel to NHK, 8 out of 10 it's most likely a children's show complete with a dog or cat mascot :P
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 9, 2013 9:04 PM

Jul 2011
xchee said:
swordstriker21 said:
THE MASSIVE CENSORING! NHK is deliberately shying away from showing the darker aspects of the series.

Well it's NHK so it's to be expected. Heck every time I switch the channel to NHK, 8 out of 10 it's most likely a children's show complete with a dog or cat mascot :P

The show that airs before Log Horizon is always amusing for the few minutes I see it.
Dec 9, 2013 9:26 PM

Jul 2012
xchee said:
swordstriker21 said:

Hehe I guess so. Makes one wonder how they'll handle vol. 6 and Nureha if there ever is a new season.

Dec 9, 2013 10:04 PM

Jan 2013
Imagine if one of the not-so-good guys bought the guild building instead of Shiroe...
The anime has exceeded expectations so far and the next arc seems good too. They say they can't live without NPCs, but if they all die out, the only problems they have is accessing banks and storage areas. (don't think players can work and access those stuff). A big inconvenience, but they can survive just fine no?

I'm still slightly ticked that they aren't concerned about being trapped in Elder Tale for life, oh well.

Sh1cky said:
Sth else I have seen a few more times Shiroe remembering that girl with the hat from Tea Party could she be Shiroe's first love or sth else. Will she end up being the main antagonist? IDK we w8 and see.

Her outfit is strikingly similar to *cough* Asuna *cough*.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Dec 9, 2013 10:21 PM

Apr 2012
A rather uneventful episode, but a good one none-the-less.

Slicer22 said:
Now if only some people would jump into translating the Maoyuu Maou Yuusha LN's as well that would be great since the manga has not updated in a while.

If only Outbreak Company got licensed in English...
Dec 9, 2013 10:29 PM

Mar 2013
BlackShock_ said:

Sh1cky said:
Sth else I have seen a few more times Shiroe remembering that girl with the hat from Tea Party could she be Shiroe's first love or sth else. Will she end up being the main antagonist? IDK we w8 and see.

Her outfit is strikingly similar to *cough* Asuna *cough*.

She's a far better character than Asuna though.

Dec 9, 2013 10:59 PM

Aug 2012
It's getting better and better. Log Horizon and kill la Kill are definitely the best anime this season, imo.

Kinda curious, will there be a romance development between Shiroe and Akatsuki (or another pairings)? XD

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 9, 2013 11:56 PM

Oct 2010
The end makes me think if this Lady Lenessia has some sort of significance. Well, only time will tell.

This anime makes Sword Art Online look like a badly thought-out daydream. I'm glad they decide to advance the plot with actual back story and development instead of bunched together deus ex machina.
Dec 9, 2013 11:57 PM

Jul 2013
The possibility of war with the People of the Land is really intriguing. Gonna stick around to see where the series goes.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Dec 9, 2013 11:58 PM

Sep 2007
Man, Log Horizon really just continues to be entertaining on a consistent basis. Looks like we can finally move on to the next arc. Dealing with the sentient NPCs lolz.

Also ITT: stop liking what I don't like!
Dec 10, 2013 8:51 AM

Nov 2012
Log horizon really put some time and effort with "WORLD BUILDING" and some "Character building"

you will not feel rushed about the information unlike in other anime

cant wait for new episodes XD

also the conversation in the conference are so informative and feels like a real diplomacy happening.. i really like that part
Dec 10, 2013 11:35 AM
Mar 2013
I don't get it, why isn't there anyone called like zackattack67 or something like that. I can't believe that they are playing an online MMORPG with "normal" and easy names. Almost every game i've played i've had trouble picking names because someone is already using it.
Dec 10, 2013 11:45 AM

Jan 2013
Senninn1 said:
I don't get it, why isn't there anyone called like zackattack67 or something like that. I can't believe that they are playing an online MMORPG with "normal" and easy names. Almost every game i've played i've had trouble picking names because someone is already using it.

According to the author:

>>If it's an MMO, why did everyone name their characters so seriously? I mean there is noone like "XxX_Arhas_XxX" around. Considering that there is too much people on the server, you'd have a hard time naming your character.
Instead of portraying 'real' MMO usernames, I prioritized having usernames that make it easy for the reader to remember for the story.
Dec 10, 2013 5:50 PM

Jul 2012
Choroshi said:
It's getting better and better. Log Horizon and kill la Kill are definitely the best anime this season, imo.

Kinda curious, will there be a romance development between Shiroe and Akatsuki (or another pairings)? XD
Choroshi said:

Well, yes. But this will be a bit of a spoil so I'll just pm you the potential pairings.
Dec 10, 2013 8:45 PM

Sep 2009
http://imgur.com/krKm2uc - Shiroe's cute face XD
Dec 10, 2013 9:13 PM

Aug 2012
swordstriker21 said:

Well, yes. But this will be a bit of a spoil so I'll just pm you the potential pairings.

Thanks!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 11, 2013 2:28 AM

Jan 2013
Great ep :D That's good akirahara is good now :D
Akatsuki xD Soo kawai!!!

Hmm next ep seems interesting
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Dec 11, 2013 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
I just love how they go ape shit for curry. Well we can't deny that curry is frigging good
Dec 11, 2013 2:53 PM

Jun 2012
Dammit, this anime is starting to make it even more difficult for me to decide on a favorite anime this season, because I'm loving this development. This is pretty much my dream game, if there was an MMO of this level, I'd be in heaven... only thing that could make it better is a One Piece MMO like this.

That was surprisingly really moving when Minori and Touya joined. I loved those feels when they were sitting outside around the campfire.

Stark700 said:
I like how there are a variety of guilds in this show but damn, their ideologies are different. I'm indifferent about the concept of pking though. I know they exist in a lot of MMORPG games so...
You may not read this, but you should realize that it's a lot different than simply a game. It is now these people's real life... death may not be permanent, but that would completely break a person's mind to just keep killing them over and over, and at the very least is equal to enslaving a person by not letting them leave a certain area and controlling their life. It's not like in a video game where you could simply stop playing / rage quit whenever you want or if it gets too tough... this is their real life now.

Another point I'd like to make is what Shiroe said, enslaving a person in this game is MUCH worse than in real life. They could essentially throw a person in an inescapable pit, and never have to give them another care. And, assuming they take their gear so they can't kill themself, they would be stuck for eternity (without the need for food/water to survive) until their actual body dies one day or the game shuts off.
HalibelTheEspadaDec 11, 2013 3:14 PM
Dec 11, 2013 4:37 PM

Jul 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
You may not read this, but you should realize that it's a lot different than simply a game. It is now these people's real life... death may not be permanent, but that would completely break a person's mind to just keep killing them over and over, and at the very least is equal to enslaving a person by not letting them leave a certain area and controlling their life. It's not like in a video game where you could simply stop playing / rage quit whenever you want or if it gets too tough... this is their real life now.

Another point I'd like to make is what Shiroe said, enslaving a person in this game is MUCH worse than in real life. They could essentially throw a person in an inescapable pit, and never have to give them another care. And, assuming they take their gear so they can't kill themself, they would be stuck for eternity (without the need for food/water to survive) until their actual body dies one day or the game shuts off.

This is only if they were actually trapped in a VR game. The novel subtly implies (and the manga confirms to some extent) that they aren't trapped in a game. They were transported to an alternate world w/c resembles Elder Tales. So, in a sense, it really is reality.

See Elder Tales was an ordinary PC game played w/ the mouse and keyboard. So unless people were dispatched to each players home, knocked them all out simultaneously and strapped them to some device a VR world is out of the question.

Agreed on all the points though. It isn't a game anymore.
swordstriker21Dec 11, 2013 4:41 PM
Dec 11, 2013 10:42 PM

Jul 2013
I think I'm going to pick this anime up again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2013 3:56 AM

Sep 2008
The story continues to be really interesting. The people of the land are finally doing something.
Dec 12, 2013 7:08 AM

Jan 2012
Touya and Minori...!
Dec 12, 2013 7:57 AM

Jun 2012
swordstriker21 said:
HalibelTheEspada said:

This is only if they were actually trapped in a VR game. The novel subtly implies (and the manga confirms to some extent) that they aren't trapped in a game. They were transported to an alternate world w/c resembles Elder Tales. So, in a sense, it really is reality.

See Elder Tales was an ordinary PC game played w/ the mouse and keyboard. So unless people were dispatched to each players home, knocked them all out simultaneously and strapped them to some device a VR world is out of the question.

Agreed on all the points though. It isn't a game anymore.
Honestly I had wondered if it might be something like that. Because it does seem strange that so many people could unknowingly enter a virtual reality game like this. The other explanations I thought of are: 1. They all entered knowingly, but the game was designed to make them forget... perhaps as some kind of test, or 2. They're all People of the Land... just programs designed to believe they're actually real people.
Dec 12, 2013 11:50 AM

Jul 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
Honestly I had wondered if it might be something like that. Because it does seem strange that so many people could unknowingly enter a virtual reality game like this. The other explanations I thought of are: 1. They all entered knowingly, but the game was designed to make them forget... perhaps as some kind of test, or 2. They're all People of the Land... just programs designed to believe they're actually real people.

They talk about how things look different compared to from behind a monitor, and how the perspective is different. Also the manga shows Shiroe sitting behind a standard PC setup. So the game is definitely monitor with kb+mouse. I don't think VR tech exists in the world Mamare is writing.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.