Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2013 7:52 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why is there a mecha in my magic knight show.
Sep 26, 2014 4:51 PM

Aug 2012
Giant robots!!! This earns the show extra million love points from me.
Jan 30, 2015 6:11 PM

Feb 2014
Level up! Rune-God befriended! Armor Upgraded!

Uhh why would you look around in the temple of the Rune-God when one of your party members is in a trance...?

Wow the Rune-God looks pretty cool! Guess why this is show has a mecha tag. Although I'm a little sad that we couldn't see the rune gods in action this episode :(

Naww Fuu-chan is so cute. I love it when she's like: "it appears that (states obvious or nerdy strategy)"*. Hikaru's still my favorite but Fuu is a close second!
*relevent:

Lol and I was thinking like Hikaru when she started scolding Ascot...Why in the world would you get mad if your friends died when you used them as slaves to do your dirty work? lol
Noodle070Jan 30, 2015 7:26 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2015 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
Shocked said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Why is there a mecha in my magic knight show.

I said the same hahaha
Jun 22, 2017 12:26 AM

Nov 2011
So these Runes are dragons that turn into mecha. I didn't expect their original form to be that of a dragon, but that's mostly what I expected.

Nice progress.
Aug 15, 2018 12:32 PM
Apr 2013
I know Mecha was the thing in the 90s. But I've never cared for it. Could have done without it in this show.
Dec 19, 2018 6:32 AM

May 2018
And of course, the god is really a giant robot, because giant robots are awesome.
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Oct 1, 2020 10:12 AM

Nov 2017
Oh, so Umi's the first one to get her Rune God. Alrighty, at first I thought she was gonna have to board/ride it when the dragon turned into a mecha lol.

Of course this episode is a bit corny with the "My friends are my strength", but it's also a bit touching since Umi was like, "No! I won't abandon my friends just to save my ass!"

Zagato was just like, "Oh no! One of the Rune Gods have been revived. Let me just stand still and exude some dark purple aura to let the viewer know I'm angry right now" lol
Dec 14, 2021 4:24 PM
Mar 2019
I thought they were pretty stupid when they let Umi go forward without sticking to her. And everytime they are hurt their friends should strike back rather than rushing to the side of the injured one, just screaming names. Ugh. I like the plot in overall but not how it's made. It's so slow paced.

Ascot is pretty stupid too, complaining about the friends dying... Hikaru said it right.

Also, Zagato does nothing but stand in his cave, looking in the mirror and sending useless minions? Why not send them all at once when they do nothing else anyway?

Cool that the armor evolved again.
Jun 30, 2022 11:54 PM

Jan 2020
I kind of wish they just got dragons instead of robots. Seems like it'd be a lot cooler.

Either way, Zagato is doing a really bad job of obstructing the Magic Knights. I mean like, nothing is ever really in their way. They find what their looking for and then an enemy might show up after it's too late to stop the power-up. Odds aren't looking good for Zagato and his crew.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 22, 2022 10:27 AM
Nov 2015
Glad Umi is starting to better her skills.
Jan 10, 6:58 PM

Oct 2021
Dayum the giant robot looks sweet!
Feb 13, 8:28 PM

Apr 2016
Good for Hikaru telling that annoying brat that the whole "my poor friends UwU" doesn't make sense.
Didn't get why Umi didn't counterattacked after being protected by glasses girl, but I guess it was better to hammer down how much she cares about her friends.
The whole from dragon to robot just to make some slight changes in their armor lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

24 by Timeline_man »»
Yesterday, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 19 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

11 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.