Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
actually, do you prefer log horizon to sword art online?
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 10, 2014 8:49 AM

Jul 2013
ehu said:
well of course it goes to sword art online
even though i havent seen this show
but sword art online is better way better

how can you even compare them each other if you didnt watch this anime?
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Feb 10, 2014 9:35 AM

Sep 2012
Log Horizon is far superior to the first half of SAO, which was the only half worth mentioning, and I'm not even going to compare it to the retardness of the second half because that would just be an insult to LH.

SAO may win in terms of animation quality and a more interesting world to exist in, but that hardly even matters as the anime never put the world development as a major focal point for the series, while Log Horizon felt like the characters were actually existing and a living, breathing world that wasn't just a backdrop.

Well, as living and breathing as a gaming world can be anyway.

Log Horizon also has far more superior characters and character development, as well as a plethora of characters actually worth a mention. The main character of Log Horizon, Shiroe, is vastly superior to that of Kirito in SAO in terms of simple interest, and gets x10 the development that Kirito does, which may not even be saying much anyway, as Kirito's development after 24 episodes was basically:

"I'm Kirito, and I'm game breakingly op just because I'm a beta tester. I used to play solo, but now I don't because my own personal harem taught me that's bad."

-end development-

I'll give SAO that they focus more on romance based off what we have seen so far, keeping in mind that LH is still airing and there definitely is something going on with Shiroe and his ninja, but the romance in SAO was so cliche and simple that it was hardly worth a mention, except to point out that the development of that romance was practically halted so that Kirito could focus more on his harem, which of course included that so very noteworthy incest.

But more importantly, the reason why Log Horizon is x10 better than SAO, is that it actually gives the watchers that have played and/or understand MMORPGs what they want. Unlike SAO, Log Horizon fully built on the concept of the gaming world they lived in and integrated those MMO mechanics into their plot, while SAO might as well have just been some random fantasy world that had some elements in it that looked like they could be part of a game.

As an MMORPG gamer myself for around... 6~ years or so, I found Log Horizon consistently giving me goosebumps for that very reason. It completely appealed to me as a gamer, while SAO did not past the first few episodes.

It's honestly no contest, unless you're one of those people where SAO was your first anime evarrr, or at the very least, of it's kind, so it ended up coming off as one of the best things ever for you because you were new. That's honestly the only good reason I can see for thinking SAO is better, unless you are a REEEAL stickler for animation quality and romance.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Feb 10, 2014 10:08 AM
Dec 2013
Both are great but I prefer log horizon.
Feb 22, 2014 5:42 AM

Dec 2012
Log Horizon for me since it has more MMORPG vibe/feel than SAO...
Feb 22, 2014 7:04 AM
Mar 2013
Sword Ass Online sucks! I feel betrayed. it starts off as a shounen mmorg genre and ends as SHOUJO ECCHI ROMANCE.

At first I was like " Finally an anime like DOT/HACK SERIES or HUNTERXHUNTER GREED ISLAND ARC" and then after the half of the anime I was like "what am I watching?"

Its like filming a movie like "300: Rise of an Empire" and ends like "Titanic" (how bad is that?).

I say Sword Ass Online is just overrated emo pansy dingle berry faggot anime shit
Feb 22, 2014 8:30 AM

Jan 2013
I'm gonna split it into 2.

SAO has better art/animation, a better soundtrack (though LH's soundtrack is really good as well), and the death penalty gives off a sense of danger to SAO's atmosphere.

Log Horizon has a more consistent story, better characters and Nyanta (cuz who doesn't love a dual sword badass cat)

Overall I enjoyed both anime a lot.
Feb 22, 2014 8:32 AM

Feb 2014
both are good, but as a gamer i prefer LH cuz it's more detailed mmorpg, and the story was unpredictable, also before the apocalypse he was soloing too (like kirito) but after dat he realize if he still soloing he wouldn't get the information about how far the game change after apocalypse, so wtf about kirito ? still soloing and let the others die -_-
Feb 22, 2014 9:03 AM
Oct 2013
Beholda said:
Can we have LH with SAOs budget?

Or.... I would like to say , can we have SAO (better graphic , animation , budget ) with LH story concept ( world building , politic , grand scale batlle , good character development , that MMO feel.....) ??
Feb 22, 2014 9:24 AM

Jul 2011
keboduduk said:
Beholda said:

Or.... I would like to say , can we have SAO (better graphic , animation , budget ) with LH story concept ( world building , politic , grand scale batlle , good character development , that MMO feel.....) ??

Nah, the other way around would be easier, since the story is already there.
Feb 22, 2014 9:31 AM

Nov 2007
Doesn't even come close. LOG HORIZON is one of the best anime in years. Enough said.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Feb 22, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2008
LN - SAO, anime - LH. SAO anime is an obnoxious monstrosity of a failed adaption. LH is just fine. Not bad, not good. Just something to kill some time every week.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Feb 22, 2014 2:17 PM

Mar 2013
Antanaru said:
LN - SAO, anime - LH. SAO anime is an obnoxious monstrosity of a failed adaption. LH is just fine. Not bad, not good. Just something to kill some time every week.

Did you read the SAO novels? The writing is, if anything, worse since the anime cut out the stuff that was so bad it couldn't be shown on TV. Not to mention, the anime at least had good animation and a soundtrack from Yuki Kajiura.
Feb 22, 2014 2:41 PM

Jul 2012
Beholda said:

Amen to that. If anything, one of the few things that LH lacks is the animation and sound. I do like the music, but it can do so much better.
Feb 22, 2014 7:18 PM
Apr 2013
This isn't even a question. Log Horizon is a gem without even trying that hard. SAO tried really freaking hard and it still came up short.
Feb 22, 2014 7:22 PM

Jul 2013
Beholda said:

This.
SAO was fail as.
Feb 24, 2014 2:34 PM
Feb 2014
I would prefer them both if you're both an anime lover and a video gamer. Sword art online has many flaws and it ended to quickly while log horizon is still going and starting to get more interesting. They both are really good anime but they rushed sword art online while log horizon is getting more and more interesting but its not as serious as sword art online.
Feb 24, 2014 2:37 PM
Feb 2014
doug23 said:
This isn't even a question. Log Horizon is a gem without even trying that hard. SAO tried really freaking hard and it still came up short.
That may be but the concept of SAO was pretty good as well as the storyline however, they rushed to quickly and caused the anime to be very confusing. overall both anime are successful.
Mar 19, 2014 12:38 PM

Feb 2014
SAO graphics art & char drawing style is definitely better but that's the only aspect i liked from SAO. the rest is pretty self-explanatory
Mar 21, 2014 6:32 PM

Aug 2013
i like both, but because of my personality i lean more on LH

IMO, SAO is about kirito's epicness(badass uberpowered-ness). While LH shows what being a mastermind(tactician) is all about, seen only 14 epi so far.In addition LH feels more realistic, the situation and problems they are facing.
noire1266Mar 21, 2014 7:01 PM
For I am aware of my own ignorance, thus i won't judge you
May 9, 2014 5:08 AM

Apr 2009
SAO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2014 11:40 AM

May 2014
Log Horizon.
LG had better: Story and characters BY FAR. It also had much better pacing.
SAO had better: Animation and Sound
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
May 19, 2014 11:54 PM

Oct 2012
I don't know why this is even a question...

Log Horizon's easily the better anime, both in terms of enjoyment and quality.

Did SAO even try? Or did it try too hard?
May 27, 2014 12:58 PM

Jan 2013
Log Horizon was a major disappointment for me, could have been so much more.

SAO for people to say it failed, raked in more profit and is higher in popularity.
May 27, 2014 4:01 PM

Mar 2012
As an avid MMORPG gamer, I like Log Horizon much more, simply because it actually focused on MMORPG aspects...truthfully what killed SAO for me was how they ended the SAO arc, he makes it to the 75th level, and magically is deemed able to fight the final 100th floor boss? Why? So they can add the sister to the romantic love triangle before they end season 1? Log Horizon simply made more sense, in terms of the setting/background the plot was based in.

Vooo said:

SAO for people to say it failed, raked in more profit and is higher in popularity.

If anyone uses sales and popularity to base their opinion, I feel so sorry for them.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
May 28, 2014 7:18 AM

Jan 2013
Venom900 said:
As an avid MMORPG gamer, I like Log Horizon much more, simply because it actually focused on MMORPG aspects...truthfully what killed SAO for me was how they ended the SAO arc, he makes it to the 75th level, and magically is deemed able to fight the final 100th floor boss? Why? So they can add the sister to the romantic love triangle before they end season 1? Log Horizon simply made more sense, in terms of the setting/background the plot was based in.

Vooo said:

If anyone uses sales and popularity to base their opinion, I feel so sorry for them.

I feel sorry for you as well because in the real world there is a thing called "budget" fueled by sales :/ There must be some correlation lol.

FYI-In SAO, he was granted to fight the end boss/developer because he learned the secret of his identity? I hoped for more action in LH rather than dialogue me to death.
May 28, 2014 7:52 AM
Oct 2012
Venom900 said:
what killed SAO for me was how they ended the SAO arc, he makes it to the 75th level, and magically is deemed able to fight the final 100th floor boss? Why?

Because for the villain the game was for all intents over. He wanted to play with the group for another 15 or so floors, and then "betray" them and turn into the final boss as the players he had cultivated struggled forward to get revenge on him.

Being found out so early was sort of like having the punch line of a joke revealed at the start. All the fun had gone out of it for him, now all he had to do was to wait for a couple more years whey they struggled through another 25 levels.

That is what people forget about this show, it wasn't a MMROPG, it was the personal playground of one person. Once his "route" had been exposed, the only thing he was really interested in was his world seed project, so he honestly didn't care if Kirito killed him (indeed he had no intention of returning to the real world), the last thing he needed was for someone who would be willing to use the world seed.

So when Kirito fought him, and Asuna broke the hypnosis, and Kirito was willing to die to kill the villain, the villain realized that those two were two who had loved their time in the game, so he was willing to spare them and take a chance that this love would carry forward to reviving the world.

The Fairy arc was the opposite, the villain in that story wanted to do the same thing as the first, but where the first villian wanted to build something bigger himself, the second villain only wanted to gratify his own lusts. That was what the whole "fool who thinks he is the king" scene was about. A way to distinguish between the two is that while both were Evil, the first villain at least had love for his creation, the second villain only lust.
May 28, 2014 8:03 AM
Apr 2014
I really enjoyed both, but I loved the emphasis on Shiro being the tactician. Although, there appears to be a slight romantic struggle between Assassin and that young girl which may turn it into the soppy anime that SAO evolved into at the end.
May 28, 2014 4:18 PM

Apr 2013
I dont like either, thats it my opinion
May 28, 2014 4:58 PM

Feb 2011
At least SAO was fast paced and interesting even though it had some shitty moments

I usually don't drop shows after making it halfway through but goddamn I couldn't take another ep of slow ass boring mmo politics: the anime
May 28, 2014 11:21 PM
Jan 2014
ccdewa said:
I dont like either, thats it my opinion

Me too. If only they had none of those romance bullshit that girls get crazy over, it would have been a good series.

SAO didn't even focus on the MMO aspect because it was just a fantasy setting that focused on romance. It had made its priorities wrong and gone downhill

Now, even though Log Horizon is greatly better than SAO since they incorporate the MMO concept and use it to the extent of being the pinnacle of the show.

The problem is the half-assed harem romance destroying what potential it had. Akatsuki, Minori, Sonara, etc... became just dumb girls with nothing in their mind but being romantic.

Now all the character development they could have had is all thrown to the side since their whole priorities revolve around Shiroe. He doesn't have time for romantic bullshit but they all are vying for his attention.

God, it makes girls look hopeless
Jun 1, 2014 2:43 PM
Apr 2014
LH is a smarter show, though I enjoyed SAO more.

The problem I have with LH is the abandonment of the previous reality. Everyone accepts being trapped ingame like they've seen SAO and escaping isn't even worth talking about (the words "how to get home" aren't even mentioned until the last episodes). It's barely presented as a problem at all, more like an odd turn of events. No one speculates on what's happening to their physical bodies, if they're parents are worried about them, if their dog died, etc.

As a result, there's no sense of urgency - in fact, the online population's moral was suffering and PK's started because "players were getting bored." This kind of thing does not put me at the edge of my seat.

The story ends up being very smart, but without many heart strings attached. IMO, the People of the Land were easier to relate to than the adventurers who instantly forgot about and refuse to talk about home, even amongst each other.

LH: Smart plot once it gets going, but most of the characters are disposable. They all seem to act solely on a sense of duty and are kinda removed from each other. There hasn't been a profound interpersonal interaction yet (except maybe the princess' speech) - only some fortune-cookie lines.
SAO: Plot is only about half as smart, but has momentum from the beginning with tangible characters that acknowledge the situation and each others' emotions.
laughmoreJun 1, 2014 2:50 PM
Jun 1, 2014 3:12 PM
Oct 2012
^^That wasn't the main theme of this show, so why waste time showing it? During the first couple of episodes they showed that most of the people where in shock and complaining about things, so that was the time when most probably were worrying about such things.

Crusty mentions his sister, Nyan at the end wants to return home, Shiroe has been doing research towards that end, so it hasn't been as if they haven't touched on it, they just decided not to make it that important to the series. But think about it. Everyone for the most part are hard core gamers, chances are many are actually happier to be where they are. This has been implied for Akatsuki, Minori, and her brother, I would think that this also applies to many of the guild heads as well. Here they are famous, respected, and have 100's of followers. This is also why "duty" has been such a key component. Had this show been about more normal players, I think there would have been more of a focus on the things you wanted.

Besides what good would it be to worry about such things once you realize that you can't do a blasted thing about it?

Now that said, this story IS far lest about human drama and far more about the world, so everything you said is true, however this is a different type of show and it should be judged for that. I would say that LH has done a better job with memorable characters than SAO. There are 6 or so in SAO, I would say that there are at least 10 in this show.
Jun 1, 2014 3:16 PM

May 2014
SandyBoi said:
Beholda said:

This.
SAO was fail as.

my Dongers are raised

Twitter | Steam | Heartstone battle tag (Moap #1760) Please no copy pasterino cappucino KAPPA
Jun 1, 2014 6:05 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
^^That wasn't the main theme of this show, so why waste time showing it? During the first couple of episodes they showed that most of the people where in shock and complaining about things, so that was the time when most probably were worrying about such things.

Crusty mentions his sister, Nyan at the end wants to return home, Shiroe has been doing research towards that end, so it hasn't been as if they haven't touched on it, they just decided not to make it that important to the series. But think about it. Everyone for the most part are hard core gamers, chances are many are actually happier to be where they are. This has been implied for Akatsuki, Minori, and her brother, I would think that this also applies to many of the guild heads as well. Here they are famous, respected, and have 100's of followers. This is also why "duty" has been such a key component. Had this show been about more normal players, I think there would have been more of a focus on the things you wanted.

Besides what good would it be to worry about such things once you realize that you can't do a blasted thing about it?

Now that said, this story IS far lest about human drama and far more about the world, so everything you said is true, however this is a different type of show and it should be judged for that. I would say that LH has done a better job with memorable characters than SAO. There are 6 or so in SAO, I would say that there are at least 10 in this show.

Their outlook on going home does make more sense given they're hardcore gamers, which a gamer like myself should assume given they're reputation and experience. I might have enjoyed it more under that assumption to be honest.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much but I thought the (sometimes repeated) explanations of combat mechanics and class professions was so elementary and long winded at times, that the intended audience couldn't have been intended for gamers. As such, I tried to take more of the show at face value - so when the adventurers' back-stories were as thin they were, I didn't fill it in with what would otherwise be a very fair assumption from a gamer's perspective. I guess I wanted more memory-flashbacks of things sucking IRL or portrayal of separation from RL society in general from choosing to live online, etc. to get a sense of why homesickness isn't a part of this story Otherwise, the concept of potentially saying goodbye to the world they once knew is taken too lightly and gives the story an air of adolescent fantasy. Oh crap - is that what they wanted?

I admit I'm a victim of my own expectations at times. I still enjoyed LH very much.
Jun 2, 2014 10:00 AM
Jun 2014
If they know how to get home? SAO have clear goal from begining, beat Kayaba Akihito and get out. In LH you dont know why they are there. They just accept it as their new reality. In season 2 they will give more info about this and show us direct comparison to between who did not accept current situation and those who do. It not pretty.
Jun 2, 2014 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
Vooo said:

I feel sorry for you as well because in the real world there is a thing called "budget" fueled by sales :/ There must be some correlation lol.

Don't feel sorry for me, just because Donald Trump rakes in millions doesn't mean my opinion of him would be swayed different. If your opinion of a show correlates to or is based around sales made due to other people thinking that show is good, that's a waste of independent thinking.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jun 2, 2014 10:47 PM
Jun 2014
GreenBeans said:
#1 Dont compare the 2 because they are not similar at all.

Shangetsu said:
That's the whole point of comparing them.
You don't compare similar things, you compare things that are different.

What the hell? Seriously? Please, enlighten me how you can compare two different things? Actually, why don't we compare a cabbage and sausage! :D

GreenBeans said:

#2 Sword art had no development whereas log horizon is developing really fast.

Shangetsu said:
False, SAO had much more development than what Log Hoizon showed yet. It might not have been up to your taste but acting like something is not there simply because it did not please you will make people not take you seriously.

What development are you talking about? At least in SAO anime, all they do is skip everything like there's no tomorrow! And you can't just disregard this, making your statement "SAO has more development" a lie since the anime tells you otherwise.

GreenBeans said:

#3 Characters In sword art sucked, kirito was op and stereotypical. Shiroe is a very unique character that you dont see very often.

Shangetsu said:
You are biased.
The anime did an horrible job at portraying Kirito's personality and values.

Sword Art Online isn't written as the kind of story that moves it's character like pieces but rather as the kind of story where the characters moves the story but the anime went in a completely different way about this.

Characters thought cover easily half of every books and all this content that help define/shape characters and make them likeable for the readers has been completely left out of the anime. The insecurities he lives with, his mistake, his goals, his dreams, how he sees the world surrouding him and the reasoning behind most of his actions isn't present in the anime and that is the best part of SAO in general in my opinion.

Characters are pretty much the only strong point SAO has yet the anime decided to completely discard that part and focus on the average plot in hope to sell more to casuals.

So in the end the anime did an horrible job at adapting the books and ended up creating yet another garbage adaptation.

Where as the Log Horizon anime do not possesses this problem. Instead of focusing solely on the action, they did a great job at handling both thoughts and actions.
If LH received the SAO anime treatment I can assure you that LH wouldn't even be a quarter as good as it is now, most people here would probably end up hating it at least as much as SAO.

In the end Kirito and Shiroe are pretty similar even if the anime can make you think they are completely different. The major difference between them is that Kirito has a shorter temper.
The reason Kirito seems stereotypical is because you do not see what he's thinking in the anime while the reason why Shiroe seems like a very unique character is because you actually do.

SAO(novel) > LH(anime) > SAO(anime)
I haven't read the LH novel but giving it's the same author as Maoyuu I think I'd place it at the same spot as the SAO novel.

Tell me, which of the things you mentioned in SAO is not present in LH? Apart from pretty faces and higher animation budget, LH takes home the crown. I think the main reason why the anime didn't have a hard time adapting, as you mentioned, is because it has fluid story to begin with.
MeiTeiJun 2, 2014 10:55 PM
Jun 19, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2013
I don't have much doubt the LH is a better anime than SAO. But watching it was just not a fun experience at all. So many times where I started to fall asleep( mainly in the second half of the series) and the heavy amounts of dialogue with the crudely drawn animation was sometimes painful to sit through. But it did have better characterization and writing which is the most important thing. But I will give SAO a compliment in that it felt more like an mmo then LH did and did a better job at world building (the first half). So in conclusion yes, LH is superior to SAO, but I subjectively prefer SAO.
Jun 19, 2014 6:04 PM
Jun 2014
For MMO anime LH is obviously superior to SAO. SAO was written in 2002 where there MMO industry has yet reach it maturity. And somehow the author did not fix this issue when his novel was published in 2008 when MMO industry already mature. So if you are MMO player you'll find everything is odd with SAO, how on earth solo player managed to be the strongest player ever? And how on earth he got girls when he grind twice harder and has boring personality.
Jun 23, 2014 7:44 PM
Oct 2012
yulinard said:
So if you are MMO player you'll find everything is odd with SAO, how on earth solo player managed to be the strongest player ever?

Perhaps because he isn't? The novel, and I believe the series as well, mentioned that others were ranked as high or higher than he was. Asuna for instance. What sets Kirito apart had nothing to do with level.

Plus this MMO is a bit different in that their doesn't seem to be as many, if any, raids, this is where teams gain their biggest advantage. In this world the only "raids" were boss raids, and it was made clear in the animation that no guild was large enough to conduct one on their own, as such Kirito had the advantage of joining a "team" for the raids that gave the largest EXP.

yulinard said:
And how on earth he got girls when he grind twice harder and has boring personality.
Boring? Plays the villain in 2, plays a cop in 4, kicks back and enjoys the breeze with Asuna and can go fishing and enjoy himself. If anything Kirito has too much of a personality.
Jun 24, 2014 3:15 PM
Nov 2013
Neither, I don't like either SAO or Log Horizon.
Really, though Log Horizon had more MMO elements than SAO, it wasn't enough at all.

Log Horizon also keeps stressing that this is a new world with it's own rules(so you could do things, you wouldn't be able to do in the game), it strangely keeps some rules from the MMO, of which some of them makes no sense at all.

If you really want a MMORPG story, then go read Legendary Moonlight Sculptor.
Jun 25, 2014 9:35 PM
Jun 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Perhaps because he isn't? The novel, and I believe the series as well, mentioned that others were ranked as high or higher than he was. Asuna for instance. What sets Kirito apart had nothing to do with level.

He is. He practically play solo from 1-70 (i dont think lowbies who drag him at lv 40 count, and btw Kirito is guilty for their death). And kill almost full health lv 70 boss alone.

Takuan_Soho said:
Boring? Plays the villain in 2, plays a cop in 4, kicks back and enjoys the breeze with Asuna and can go fishing and enjoy himself. If anything Kirito has too much of a personality.

I dont think its nescesary to be villain in ep 2. Since 10% of the server population are probably beta tester. And by doing so just giving a loud idiot a confirmation that beta tester are assholes even they help newbies with guide and etc. Playing cop in EP 4 show what personality? I think its better if guild alliance take care this...ops spoiler for ses 2.

His personality resemble Squall Lion Hearth from FF8, everybody who play this game hate him.
Jun 29, 2014 4:54 AM

Sep 2013
if it was to comper sao first arc and log horizon, i will take sao

but sao vs log horizon..... hard to say
i got no gif for my signature..... imagine some cool swords clashing and light and fighting everywhere!
Jun 29, 2014 4:59 AM

Jun 2014
Log horizon was better in my opinion due to the Elf /Fairy shit in SAO that totally ruined it for me.
Jun 29, 2014 5:32 AM

May 2014
dedecou said:
Log Horizon also keeps stressing that this is a new world with it's own rules(so you could do things, you wouldn't be able to do in the game), it strangely keeps some rules from the MMO, of which some of them makes no sense at all.
It's basically the author saying: Look I need to make excuses for some of this shit, I would like some things to be realistic, but I know I just can't go into depths without going off the entire subject matter of the material.

I respect that, but the illusion is kind of shattered whenever that is mentioned.
Jun 29, 2014 11:41 PM
Jun 2014
Dont worry it will be explained on the very beginning of session 2, just giving an excuse for another character that barely have screen time a bit more screen time than session one.
Jun 30, 2014 11:44 AM

Mar 2013
In all honesty, SAO by far.

Log Horizon is just a generic fantasy MMORPG based manga/anime, the plot is neither interesting nor captivating. Fights are badly done : too much explanations, no actions, there are no actual animated fights... It lacks so much of spontaneity

I know SAO wasted its potential but it was A LOT more interesting and exciting.
The thing is there's no tension in LH, if you die you just repop... It feels like the whole anime is useless and unnecessary because none of it is true. It's like watching freaking Beyblade or Yu gi oh.
SAO was like .hack// at least, you're trapped in another world.
Jul 1, 2014 6:12 PM
Jun 2014
I dont think death has meaning in SAO as well. The problem with SAO when using death is to throw away characters and we know that no main cast will die, and the writer handle this poorly. By giving Kirito and Asuna super strong plot armor, he throw all tense from death in the game away. Heck even Kirito even managed to kill the last boss after he supposed to be dead.

And for Immortal characters? I dont think we have huge number of immortal characters in anime after Baccano? please tell me if I miss something after Baccano, Im going to watch that.And in LH immortality only applied to adventurrers, Landers will die when killed. And when characters are immortal he will return to the story at some time, even villain.
Jul 29, 2014 12:06 AM
May 2011
I enjoyed both but i enjoyed log horizon
Jul 31, 2014 4:30 AM
Jan 2014
Comparing Log Horizon and SAO is like comparing which has more unbearable disadvantage.

Both of the series focus too much on female characters (lolis) that can be considered to be harem. While Log Horizon has more sub characters that are male, lolis are just really annoying. In SAO, at least the main female character wasn't loli but for heaven sake why on earth did it became harem?

For those who like vrmmorpg, i suggest you check out 'Legendary Moonlight Sculpture'. It doesn't have those annoying 'I'm stuck in this game' or useless forced romance.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
May 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

404 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 10, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.