Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2013 8:34 PM

Jan 2013
I wonder what Shiroe's long term plans are and what he's thought of to counter the transport gates, if they come back online. It's tempting to go read the LN as waiting a week for a new episode is almost painful. :p
Nov 30, 2013 8:37 PM
Nov 2013
Mod Edit: Spoiler from Light Novel removed. Do not discuss the Light Novel beyond this point!

i think they have to air season 2 on other channel. lol
i dont think NHK would accept what's coming.--Mod Edit in italics.
rodacDec 1, 2013 7:41 PM
Nov 30, 2013 9:12 PM

Oct 2013
Yes the cogs are oiled up and ready to roll! Shiroe buying the guild hall so op hahaha that's the ultimate leverage
Nov 30, 2013 9:24 PM

Sep 2012
first, the strategy is simple

but while it's simple, it's really easier said than done.

second. shiroe is scary,

third, this series keep getting awesome.

fourth , I WANT MORE!!!!

Mod Edit: Spoiler from Light Novel removed. Do not discuss the Light Novel beyond this point!

sir, may i ask you, in novel,which volume that the current episode right now?
rodacDec 1, 2013 7:42 PM
Nov 30, 2013 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
GM patch this OP bullshit pls
Nov 30, 2013 9:54 PM
Oct 2012
I really liked this episode and Shiro's plan was great, but one thing bugged me.

Why did none of the other guilds buy the building sooner? They clearly had the money. Was Shiro just the first to realize it could be bought?
Nov 30, 2013 9:58 PM

Mar 2013
Shiroe actually be very sneaky XD
Nov 30, 2013 10:02 PM
Nov 2013
dend08 said:

volume 2 chapter 4 and little bit of 5(last chapter of book 2)
next week is probably end of Volume 2
Nov 30, 2013 10:10 PM

Mar 2008
Shiro really thinks so far ahead. He set everyone up so much.

His goals are pretty logical, he ultimately wants to set up a world where everyone can play the game freely without worry of being player killed or enslaved.
Nov 30, 2013 10:48 PM

Jan 2012
Shiroe FTW!!!
Nov 30, 2013 11:25 PM

Jul 2012
dend08 said:

Volume 2. There are six volumes currently and the 7th one will be out this month.

Any way great OST as always. Love the direction in this adaptation. I just hope they keep it up until the end.

rodacDec 1, 2013 7:43 PM
Dec 1, 2013 12:03 AM

May 2012

The fact that Log Horizon is on an educational channel doesn't make much sense already....
rodacDec 1, 2013 7:44 PM
Dec 1, 2013 12:06 AM

Sep 2010
About why no-one bought the building sooner:

Since Crescent Moon had to call in the heads of the biggest merchant guilds, I think it's a fair assumption that no individual person could have bought the guild building through their own resources. Also, 5 million appears to be a LOT of money, even from the richest guilds' point of view. I'm assuming that merchant guilds are a lot richer than battle guilds.

Secondly, the big guilds were only willing to throw in 4.5 million gold because they thought it would give them a profitable monopoly on the food industry. (Well, they probably will have a monopoly on the food industry for a short while. I'm not sure how to interpret Michitaka's reaction to Shiroe asking him "Why do you think this isn't worth 5 million?". Does he feel cheated, or does he think he'll still be able to turn a profit with the current state of the food industry?)

Maybe since it wasn't for sale before, almost no-one checked, and anyone who did was turned off by the high price.

Perhaps they also weren't "villain" or "demon" enough to realise that owning the guild building would give them huge extortion power.

I also get the impression that they've only been in Elder Tale for less than a month... O.o

I know none of this prooves that no-one else could have purchased the guild building. However, it doesn't feel like -that- big of a logic anomaly to me. Provided it's not a spoiler, does anyone who's read the novel know any more about this?
Dec 1, 2013 1:26 AM
Nov 2013
Takata said:

I'm not sure how to interpret Michitaka's reaction to Shiroe asking him "Why do you think this isn't worth 5 million?". Does he feel cheated, or does he think he'll still be able to turn a profit with the current state of the food industry?)

1. Being a production guild they benefit from having rules and safety.
2. Implications of the "food" discovery are first exploited by production guilds.
- The 3 major production guilds and Shiroe also have another "surprise".
3. Personality wise he is a pretty good guy, may have found it funny how they got "used".

edit: After watching it again would probably say that he was thinking of it as an individual investment ie. 1.5m so when Shiroe asked why he didn't think it was worth 5m he didn't quite understand at the time. However now he understands that the investment they made was not simply for the recipe but to create rule of law and unite Akiba.
590292009Dec 1, 2013 2:01 AM
Dec 1, 2013 1:26 AM

Aug 2013
The other guilds most likely just never checked. It wasn't possible back when ET was still a game so they probably assumed that's still how stuff works. Technically, they all believe they're in a game so it's normal to assume that public zones such as the guild building area belongs to the game itself. The same can be said with regards to cooking. It's such a simple idea how come nobody else figured it out? I think that's because all of them are still acting under the notion that everything works like it was in the game.

That and like that Silver Sword dude said, they just don't care as long as they get to do their own business.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 1, 2013 1:52 AM

Feb 2010
fcking cliffhangers.

And that glass raise lol
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 1, 2013 2:13 AM

Jul 2012
Cliffhangers :(

Shiroe is one badass character. Loving him as the protagonist!
Dec 1, 2013 2:20 AM
Jul 2018
I really like the way the negotiatios are handled.
Shiroe is pretty good protagonist.
Dec 1, 2013 2:22 AM

Mar 2013
I can't deny the fact that I'm liking this more than SAO. :\
Gamers would want anime like SAO and LH. But in comparison, I'm liking LH a bit more.

This episode answered ALL my questions. :DD

I thought the 5 million would be like buying the building that was previously shown for his guild or other things. It gave me goosebumps after Shiroe told the Round Table that he bought the guild bulding. He got me alright.

Touya :'>

I wanna know who the long braided girl was. :> This anime is getting better each episode. Much hype for the next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2013 2:23 AM

May 2010
Glasses tilting everywhere, loved the conference. Love how evil Shiro can become.

Shredder, haha. Cliffhanger, can't wait for next episode
Dec 1, 2013 2:30 AM

Dec 2009
sht just got real this ep :P
Dec 1, 2013 2:37 AM
Jul 2018
Also,I would like to say that I do not mind smaller amount of action scenes,since I find the dialogue to be pretty good and interesting,so if there was even little to none action,I would not mind. Dialogues make the story,not the fights.

rodacDec 1, 2013 7:48 PM
Dec 1, 2013 2:38 AM

Nov 2009
I knew he was planning to buy a building/property but I never guessed he'd buy the Guild Building. Shiroe never ceases to amaze me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2013 2:47 AM

Sep 2012
Shiroe is a MMORPG players worst nightmare. He actually thinks. Villain in Glasses? More like "Bispectacle Lucifer".
"Guys are simple creatures. Just by talking to them, they get the wrong idea." - Hachiman Hikigaya
Dec 1, 2013 2:51 AM
Jul 2018
OukaHideki said:
"Bispectacle Lucifer".

Made me laugh.
Dec 1, 2013 3:18 AM
Mar 2013
I don't know about this, but I have a strange urge to wear glasses now. This show...
Dec 1, 2013 4:24 AM

Jul 2013

Damn, if LH is only produced by one of the big names in Production Teams *sigh
rodacDec 1, 2013 7:49 PM
Dec 1, 2013 4:40 AM
Jul 2018

I am not the one for gore and blood,but I kind of dislike when such things get censored...:/
@ArufeimKirra - Lot of anime adaptations could be much better if they were made by big companies that usually put a lot of work into adapting the manga - Madhouse,for example. But well,things are as they are and big shots in anime industry are usually busy enough as they are. But yeah,it is pretty big shame that Log Horizon does not have better adaptation. Maybe in few years...
rodacDec 1, 2013 7:50 PM
Dec 1, 2013 6:20 AM

Jan 2012
Oh man, Shiroe is getting more and more badass with each episode.
Dec 1, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2013
wow, that's Shiroe for you! Subarashii! He's a "real villain in glasses" lol

He's like the president of the guilds now. Omoshiroi. This episode was damn good! I found myself laughing like a villain while watching this hahahahaha!
Dec 1, 2013 6:43 AM

Mar 2011
lol spoiler ...and it's just a discussion for episode 9 of the anime...
I don't really mind seeing them since I myself read the LN but I find it very weird that one of the guys here suddenly posting event from the future when the discussion is about the round table conference

go home dobinz(not gonna visit this thread anymore lol)

About the adaptation.. it's actually really good.. but yeah it's less darker...well vol 1-5 is definitely lighter... compared to vol 6-7
But well let's just hope for season 2.. and for it to be good just like the season 1 (lol it's just episode 9 and I'm talking bout season 2 already <,<)
rodacDec 1, 2013 7:54 PM

Dec 1, 2013 7:07 AM

May 2012
Slightly better than ep8 because it has at least something happening like the kids escaping from the guild.

They need to make the table conference and negotiation shorter . It so boring to waste too much time on these things.
Dec 1, 2013 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
thepath said:

They need to make the table conference and negotiation shorter . It so boring to waste too much time on these things.

But...but...this is what this arc is all about O____O
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 1, 2013 7:35 AM

Jun 2013
Another very entertaining and impressive episode! :)
Dec 1, 2013 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

I hope that the strategy and tactics give way to blood and tears, I have a craving for ... Viuuleeenza! Certified and relief, pls! Interesting plot, narrative pleasant, but I do not like graphically and animations are mediocre one.
Pathos which grows in anticipation that there will be soon a certain evolution of the structure of the story as in the virtual world. * _ *
I wonder if there will be some great campaign of conquest in the future! : D
Dec 1, 2013 7:53 AM

May 2012
Wow, I am glad I did not dropped LH (was planning to at 1st since I find it boring initially). The story just gets better even with less action. Looking forward for more!
Dec 1, 2013 8:18 AM

Apr 2010
Amarrez said:
Crusty's Chat Log:
/glasses
/glasses
/glasses
/glasses

Shiroe's Chat Log:
/glasses
/glasses
/Machiavellian schemes
/glasses

Dudeeee
Dec 1, 2013 8:30 AM

Nov 2010
Watching how Shiroe's plan enfolds was awesome and cunnning
His guild buying the guild bank made him the owner of Akihabara

The MMORPG elements were really explained well

Blacklist!
Dec 1, 2013 8:31 AM

Apr 2012
Kinda annoys me how slow this anime is..
Among my favs in this weak season but seriously there's nothing that actually happens within the episode.
Just resolving a cliffhanger to end on a new one to keep you watching..
On Hold~
Dec 1, 2013 8:34 AM

May 2012
Takata said:
Secondly, the big guilds were only willing to throw in 4.5 million gold because they thought it would give them a profitable monopoly on the food industry. (Well, they probably will have a monopoly on the food industry for a short while. I'm not sure how to interpret Michitaka's reaction to Shiroe asking him "Why do you think this isn't worth 5 million?". Does he feel cheated, or does he think he'll still be able to turn a profit with the current state of the food industry?)

He cannot believe that something that simple was worth 5 million. I think he only smiled when he realised that the 5 million was for a greater purpose and the Round Table Alliance, only made possible by the power Shiroe had to expel guilds (so that people would take his laws seriously).

590292009 said:
Takata said:

I'm not sure how to interpret Michitaka's reaction to Shiroe asking him "Why do you think this isn't worth 5 million?". Does he feel cheated, or does he think he'll still be able to turn a profit with the current state of the food industry?)

1. Being a production guild they benefit from having rules and safety.
2. Implications of the "food" discovery are first exploited by production guilds.
- The 3 major production guilds and Shiroe also have another "surprise".
3. Personality wise he is a pretty good guy, may have found it funny how they got "used".

edit: After watching it again would probably say that he was thinking of it as an individual investment ie. 1.5m so when Shiroe asked why he didn't think it was worth 5m he didn't quite understand at the time. However now he understands that the investment they made was not simply for the recipe but to create rule of law and unite Akiba.

Having law and order will also help revitalise the economy and create purpose for everyone. Shiroe's an evil villain who's after the greater good of everyone.

I think what's more worrying will be how others in other places will do the same (buying the key buildings) for their own selfish benefit and create problems in the game system. I think Shiroe realised that if he did not do it, others would have beaten him to it and then there will be no end to chaos at least in Akiba.
Dec 1, 2013 10:49 AM
Jul 2013
Villain in glasses...

Yeah, that title really does fit Shiroe. I'm enjoying these slower negotiation parts. Japan's given another example that action ins't the only thing that can make a show exciting.

I'm looked forward to seeing how rest of Shiroe's plan unfolds. I also get the feeling that the silver sword guild is going to regret walking out of the conference.
Dec 1, 2013 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
Shiroe just created a City-state! He created a legislative body to create laws and a means to enforce them. The other members of the Round Table should at least acknowledge that if he had so chosen, he could have simply become a dictator and imposed his own laws on everyone. Instead, he extended his hand and (literally) offered them a seat at the table.
Dec 1, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2013
"Today I purchased the guild building..."
>Everyone shocked
>I'm shocked
>Shiroe - *evil glasses shine* Just as keikaku!
Dec 1, 2013 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
That freaking cliffhanger at the end -.-
Good Episode. Finally saved the new players.
Dec 1, 2013 1:55 PM
Oct 2010
I think that part of the reason nobody else bought the guild hall was that people were more focused on shorter term benefits. Add what probably seemed like an unrealistically high price on something that might not have been worth considering buying, it seems reasonable that people hadn't made the connection that buying a building would give similar benefits to the owner of a guild hall. It's not a given that you'd be able to lock people out of the building itself and also there are ways around the bank ban, e.g. you could go to another city and withdraw from there. Probably most of the PK guilds had most of their stuff in their own freestands.

Also I think that some of the guild leaders see that there are other benefits. For instance if they work together and re-open the gates, a lot of profit could come through trading.
Dec 1, 2013 5:48 PM

Oct 2013
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
>Everyone shocked
>I'm shocked

I'm shocked too XD
Just to ask something, what is a keikaku??
Dec 1, 2013 6:13 PM

Jul 2012
Forgetfulness said:
KaedeKyl9 said:
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
>Everyone shocked
>I'm shocked

I'm shocked too XD
This is what he was referencing

"Keikaku doori da." roughly translates into "Just as planned. (cue evil laugh)". A most appropriate line for any self-respecting villain.
Dec 1, 2013 7:11 PM

Oct 2013
swordstriker21 said:
Forgetfulness said:
KaedeKyl9 said:
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
>Everyone shocked
>I'm shocked

I'm shocked too XD
This is what he was referencing

"Keikaku doori da." roughly translates into "Just as planned. (cue evil laugh)". A most appropriate line for any self-respecting villain.

I get now, Thx very much u both, swordstriker21 and Forgetfulness
Dec 1, 2013 7:34 PM

Sep 2012
DejWoSWK said:
OukaHideki said:
"Bispectacle Lucifer".

Made me laugh.

I live to hear that.
"Guys are simple creatures. Just by talking to them, they get the wrong idea." - Hachiman Hikigaya
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.