Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 29, 2013 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like they're going to adapt volume 3 of the LN..

Hmm, model time. The episode felt kinda like a filler imo. Oh God, that misunderstanding lmao. I was worried for Akatsuki that he might lose his sanity a bit there. Dat ending. I'm also expecting a festival episode next time or something.
Nov 29, 2013 9:09 AM
Dec 2012
The opening scene was impressive, which made me wonder if i was watching a different show. The rest of the episode was like a routine romcom.
Nov 29, 2013 11:28 AM

May 2013
That misunderstanding at the roof lol. And those tears at the end.
Nov 29, 2013 12:03 PM

Sep 2008
Now I noticed both Yukina and Mirai (Kyoukai no Kanata) are voiced by the same seiyuu *.*

Oh, how unpleasant :)
Nov 29, 2013 12:03 PM

May 2013
eminagnam said:
The opening scene was impressive, which made me wonder if i was watching a different show. The rest of the episode was like a routine romcom.

My basic thoughts. I like the serious parts basically where Kojou isn't involved. Isn't he immortal? Why did Vatler say he didn't want him to die? I might be missing something.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 29, 2013 12:07 PM

Aug 2012
The ending kind of got a bit confusing. With the whole case and all. Can someone explain a but please? Thanks in advance!!!
Nov 29, 2013 12:09 PM

Aug 2010
Well the start was interesting. They seem like interesting opponents.

Asagi is winning more and more points ^^...The Maid-Butler photo part was really nice and cute :3. Asagi in her underwear was Hot <3...Really hope Kojou tells her the truth!! I wonder if that black haired girl with glasses in the flash backs was Asagi?

Wish Yukina stops the "Ofc, I'm ur Observer" act...it's losing her some points there which is too bad since I like her a lot :(...Lol'd at her reaction when Kojou said "Seems Sayaka cares about u a lot, even enough to call me who she hates" XD...I know how u feel Yukina *Face Palm* XD...Also when she said to Kojou "I didn't know u were a siscon" XD

Poor Sayaka...wanting to tell him she'll call him even though she's busy and just getting a "I see, well good luck with work see ya when ur done from work" XD I thought at the start Kojou might not be one of those dense characters but too bad he is it seems -.-...I wonder who she's gonna protect? But well seems like she'll be playing a role this arc too :D

Kanon is pretty cute. I thought she's gonna be the Kuudere type but seems she's the polite shy type more. And seems she's being experimented <_<...SAVE HER KOJOU XD. Is it just me or is she the angel that was used at the start?

The boys having laws for directly meeting Kanon and Yukina and having rules for the obligatory regular meetings of cursing Kojou was so lol. Wonder how much that will increase after he gets Kanon into his harem too XDXDXD

Also the obligatory misunderstanding was lol XD
Nov 29, 2013 12:13 PM

Nov 2011
it was a necessary countermeausre
Hate Keeps me warm
Nov 29, 2013 12:35 PM

May 2013
kanon is really cute not gonna lie. is her voice actress the one that does Elsie from TWGOK?
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
Nov 29, 2013 12:47 PM

Nov 2010
FadingLight77 said:
kanon is really cute not gonna lie. is her voice actress the one that does Elsie from TWGOK?

Yup it's the same voice actress, Kanae Itou
Nov 29, 2013 1:03 PM
Nov 2013
Asagi is pretty awesome not to mention gorgeous she would be a great girlfriends but Sayaka to me is the prettiest those green eyes and all she wanted was for kouja to say something nice to her poor sayaka he is dense not to figure out that she never talked to men and hated them not she calls him daily lawls himeragi is my 3rd fav shes pretty but not in the mature sexy way as the others which makes me sad cuz we all know if it isnt a harem end shes gonna win no questions asked.
Nov 29, 2013 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
Kojou has put together a pretty nice harem, one of the better ones I've seen recently.

I feel Yukina's screen time has been cut short recently, even though she's the lead. I hope she gets more screen time soon.

Asagi and Sayaka are also really good along with Yukina. I honestly can't say which one has been my favorite girl so far.

I liked the episode, can't wait for next week. Let's see how this arc compares with the first two.
Nov 29, 2013 1:15 PM

Jul 2013
Whoa, Asagi is on the attack.
Nov 29, 2013 1:21 PM

Dec 2010
Baku219 said:
eminagnam said:

My basic thoughts. I like the serious parts basically where Kojou isn't involved. Isn't he immortal? Why did Vatler say he didn't want him to die? I might be missing something.

Yea, hope someone can explain that. As far as I know he should be unkillable. Whether you decapitate him, destroy his head or completely vaporize his whole body, he should come back to life after a short while.

Also, I bet this will be the usual routine of "Oh noez he can't be her" and 3 eps later he sucker punches her in the guts.
DarkDooM2Nov 29, 2013 1:26 PM
Nov 29, 2013 1:30 PM
Jan 2013
WOOOOOOO, dat Asagi lingerie service is awesome.

Lol, Kojou following his sister, I wonder if he has siscon?
Nov 29, 2013 1:42 PM

May 2013
Why do have main characters of these kinds of animes always be so stupid? The moment he said "I just don't get women" I wanted to punch the guy in the face.
Not only is it completely cliche that the character is to dumb to see total obvious signs but the girl who is the reason he said the sentence literally already told him what she felt (It's like the whole "bite me" thing is erased from his memories).

At the beginning the anime seemed interesting but now it becomes just the typical harem stupidity with a little bit magic... -_-
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Nov 29, 2013 1:44 PM
Jan 2011
DancingJack said:
Why do have main characters of these kinds of animes always be so stupid? The moment he said "I just don't get women" I wanted to punch the guy in the face.
Not only is it completely cliche that the character is to dumb to see total obvious signs but the girl who is the reason he said the sentence literally already told him what she felt...

At the beginning the anime seemed interesting but now it becomes just the typical harem stupidity with a little bit magic... -_-

Yea that is annoying. But seems to be used to drag out the whole harem plot without having him choose. Now it looks like they will add another girl. But all this is ridiculous because we all known he will end up with the main girl.
Nov 29, 2013 1:51 PM
Aug 2011
Lefty112 said:
I feel Yukina's screen time has been cut short recently, even though she's the lead. I hope she gets more screen time soon.

I hope they keep cutting it shorter. The more non-existent she becomes the better!
Nov 29, 2013 1:55 PM
Nov 2013
This anime full of unnecessary scenes
Nov 29, 2013 2:01 PM

May 2013
xsilicon9 said:
Yea that is annoying. But seems to be used to drag out the whole harem plot without having him choose. Now it looks like they will add another girl. But all this is ridiculous because we all known he will end up with the main girl.

Yes, it's just to add pointless conflict. And I think it would be actually nice if they would focus more on the overall plot (I hope there is one besides the love/harem-thingy) instead on those things that was already in a million other animes. (Until now it's pretty much "Enemy of the week")

Wait, how many familiars does he have again? 5? Because that would mean that about 4-5 girls will fall in love with him, depending on if he bites the main girl once more when "he realizes his feelings for her" in the end. -_-
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Nov 29, 2013 2:13 PM

Feb 2011
lol Kojou was about to straight murder that boy.
Nov 29, 2013 2:31 PM

May 2012
Good episode. First part was epic imo. Had a fresh new feeling to it, but then back to the same old same old. Love the scene with Kojou and Asagi. I think they would be a good match but it's an anime so its most likely not going to happen. If I was Kojou I would have broke down that roof door. Yukina no help over there blushing. Couldn't help but laugh at that misunderstanding.

Can someone tell me why all the middle school girls are so hot in this anime? Kanon is a perfect example. I like her character design. No pupils just ocean blue eyes and her personality. I mean what else can you expect from an angel. Another little thing I notice was Natsuki switch her loli-goth dress from black to white. Changing it up. Can't wait for next episode.

Dat maid outfit.
Nov 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Nov 2013
Dat fanservice! Guess I'm watching Strike the blood for the plot :p
Nov 29, 2013 3:17 PM

Jul 2013
Asagi = win.

First harem in a while that doesn't piss me off.

LOL at that misunderstanding. I would have flipped out too.

The end with Vatler was a bit confusing.
"Komugi, are you there?"

Nov 29, 2013 3:37 PM

Feb 2012
Meh, liked the ending, don't care about romharemcom shit.
Nov 29, 2013 3:46 PM

May 2011
LittleStar said:
Now I noticed both Yukina and Mirai (Kyoukai no Kanata) are voiced by the same seiyuu *.*

Oh, how unpleasant :)

LOL you just realize it?
Nov 29, 2013 3:47 PM

Nov 2013
I liked this episode. Wasn't really any action, kind of a filler but provided some sort of character development and comic relief. You need those once in a while.
Nov 29, 2013 3:50 PM

Jul 2012
So many cats in one church.

Great episode!!!
Nov 29, 2013 4:12 PM

May 2013
Awesome episode, loved the misunderstanding part on the roof :P
Nov 29, 2013 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
xsilicon9 said:
DancingJack said:
Not only is it completely cliche that the character is to dumb to see total obvious signs but the girl who is the reason he said the sentence literally already told him what she felt...

Don't say that i want him to end up with Asagi :(
My Candies:
Nov 29, 2013 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
Probably a set up episode but kind of confusing a bit. Probably this new girl, Kanase, will be focusing on this new arc, as well as this new angels were introduce in the beginning.

Asagi scored me some points when trying to be a 'model' in front of Kojo from the art room XD. A little misunderstanding about the love letter thing, only to find out just to take care of the cats. As for the rest, it was some romcom feels in this and Sayaka kept on calling Kojo XD, was okay for the most part.

Nov 29, 2013 5:04 PM

Jun 2013
This just keeps getting better.Can't wait for next week.
Nov 29, 2013 5:14 PM

Mar 2012
This set up episode was undoubtedly better than the last one because plot on multiple fronts is finally picking up. Kojou now has to face the question of whether to tell Asagi and Nagisa everything, and he probably will at the end, but at least it's not a false dilemma. And the new antagonists look interesting. We're no longer talking about mortals or machines, but angels. Kojou's gonna have a hard time just going with straightup beatdown...

I would venture to guess that this arc will feature more than one addition to his familiar count -- I believe he'll have 4 familiars at the end of his arc instead of 3. I also think the new character will die. Well, here's looking forward to whether my predictions hold up or not.
Nov 29, 2013 5:16 PM

Sep 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Asagi is winning more and more points ^^...The Maid-Butler photo part was really nice and cute :3. Asagi in her underwear was Hot <3...Really hope Kojou tells her the truth!! I wonder if that black haired girl with glasses in the flash backs was Asagi?

I was wondering that too.
DarkDooM2 said:
Baku219 said:
eminagnam said:

Yea, hope someone can explain that. As far as I know he should be unkillable. Whether you decapitate him, destroy his head or completely vaporize his whole body, he should come back to life after a short while.

Also, I bet this will be the usual routine of "Oh noez he can't be her" and 3 eps later he sucker punches her in the guts.

Well unlike the previous 2 arcs where the enemies were just demons, humans, and those ancient weapons this enemy is an angel and he is a vampire aka a demon. My guess is that an angel could exorcise him and he wouldn't be able to survive or revive.

Your probably right, but if she lives she will most likely join the harem, the only girl who hasn't joined so far is Astarte which makes sense since she joined the mage force and has no emotion.
Nov 29, 2013 5:31 PM

Nov 2012
Asagi <3, Kojou does not deserve her at all.
Misunderstanding about his sister was a bit funny.
Nov 29, 2013 6:12 PM

Dec 2008
Ah, so we have angels now? Evil angels, nonetheless.

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 29, 2013 6:15 PM

Apr 2012
well that was a tease its like the end of ep 9 never happend :(
Nov 29, 2013 6:31 PM
Feb 2013
I think the reason why Kojou is so dense about Sayaka because his first impression about her(of course he is stupid too), remember when they first met? Sayaka is trying to atttack him, don't let him near Yukina and don't even want to hear Kojou to say Yukina 's name. Maybe Kojou will think that Sayaka has Yukina Complex lol and then when they met again Sayaka is trying to kill him for real and keep saying on and on about Yukina. So I'm not surprise if the guy who doesn't have much knowledge about woman's feeling like him will underestand Sayaka's feeling.
Nov 29, 2013 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
Nice episode.

I wonder who's that girl with glasses crying?

New girl appears! No there's two...I mean three pretty girls around Kojou. Sayaka is so cute calling Kojou every night. Yukina being a stal...I mean an observer as usual.

My gawd, my jaw drop when Asagi was naked in her underwear. Of Kojou had a look at that, he would probably go all the way with her.
Nov 29, 2013 7:31 PM
Jul 2011
Damn the opening scene gave this episode such a strong start then they had to do the standard romcom stuff :'(
Nov 29, 2013 7:46 PM

Jul 2010
So a few characters were introducted this episode, I bet the white haired girl is a progenitor too.

Btw, Asagi still best girl and I'm watching this for the plot. (yesyes)

Oh, I want more of that blonde oppai girl in the opening.

Magito said:

+1
Nov 29, 2013 8:41 PM

May 2009
Akanezora said:
Magito said:

+1

Look at the eyes
Nov 29, 2013 9:30 PM

Feb 2012
Screw Yukina, Sayaka and Asagi For the win!

Oh, that new girl, is cuteeeeee.

Btw, that busty blonde, i would like to see her in the episode to be kicked by Kojou in the ass then later joining his harem hohohohohoho
Nov 29, 2013 10:30 PM

Aug 2012
Damn OP. Lame episode, but good enough for a build up though.
Nov 29, 2013 10:59 PM

Sep 2011
Asagi in underware mod*_*

So we fighting angels now?

The show for now on need some real bad guys tht can rival the mc, i hope we get it in this arc.;

Never read the LN but is this anime fast?
Nov 30, 2013 12:00 AM

Jul 2013
Black hair + Glasses Asagi looked weird to me, current one is much better.

Angels? Interesting. Meh episode, not much happened. 3/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 12:32 AM

Mar 2013
Asagi with maid outfit , damn XD so cute
Nov 30, 2013 1:03 AM

Nov 2012
Harem coming on strong, Asagi lookin' great in service mode, and Tenshi girl looks amazing. Love the eye-style in this anime so fricking much.
Also Sayaka being too damn cute.

Nov 30, 2013 2:11 AM

Aug 2008
He's immortal but he can die.
Either it means beat fire with water (maybe he's weak against the holy attribute), or him taking enough physical damage would do the trick.

I like harems so I approve of the number of love interests increasing.
Nov 30, 2013 2:59 AM

Oct 2013
Good Episode, liked those Asagi x Kojou moments.

eminagnam said:

Same thoughts, for one moment i thought i was watching a slightly different version of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu lol.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.