Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jan 2, 2018 12:29 PM

Jul 2009
Kouko's worried about their relationship huh ... then flashback time with Linda! Catching someone cheating never ends well, but I can understand both sides of the "tell/don't tell" conflict. Obviously, what Linda was saying about not wanting to hurt her brother and letting him live a lie applies to present-day Banri as well. It seems as though she's made her choice in the present too, until ... wait, Banri's memories came back? Just like that?! O_O I definitely thought that he was just a narrative device but uh ... nope, I guess ghosts exist in this world. OK then >_<
Mar 5, 2018 1:25 AM

Jan 2018
Oh no, this is very bad. I don't want him to be with Linda.
Apr 8, 2018 3:20 AM

Apr 2013
So some more flashbacks with a questionable decision from Rinda. Didn't expect the old Banri to get his body back, not sure if I like that. I hope it won't be the theme of the show now that old Banri fights new Banri for the body or something like that.
Sep 21, 2018 5:03 AM

May 2016
I wonder what happened to Linda's brother seems like he has huge troubles.
Hopefully old Banri can make it till he says something.
Nov 4, 2018 5:10 PM

May 2013
Ohhhhh shit D: Is Tada really back? Or is his memory ghost just going to possess him temporarily? If it's for good, aren't past Tada and current Tada going to clash??? Aaaahhhhhh D:>

Koko def heard the balcony conversation and that's why she's scared to lose Tada. You can tell by her facials when him and Linda interacted at club. Full of uneasiness.

It seems most of us are rooting for Linda :3 I personally prefer Linda, but depending how things play out, I could accept Koko with Tada.

Lost focus on Chinami and Mitsuo lol but they'll return sooner or later.
Nov 23, 2018 11:03 AM
May 2017
I've just been thinking that if the old Banri tried to make up with Linda, what would Kouko do? Try to take Banri regardless, or go back to Mitsuo, as he is still single so she has a better chance with him? (I'm quite sure Kouko will be with Banri at the end anyway after the opening video, but for now, i'm curious what will happen :3) I don't know if I'm the only one with this idea... ^^"
Dec 7, 2018 10:16 PM
Nov 2018
LittleStar said:
I'm so pissed off that series will end up Banri x Kouko,
where Banri x Linda are so perfect for each other!

Linda deserves a cruel punishment for what she did with her brother. This is karma and the most righteous.
Dec 7, 2018 10:19 PM
Nov 2018
rodac said:
I'm sure that everything Linda was thinking or said about her brother's fiance is coming back to haunt her now, since she is in the position of being "the other woman". Linda left, Banri recovered (to an extent) on his own, and now he is in a relationship with Kouko. Linda is trying to do the honourable thing by staying out of it, despite her obvious feelings for Banri, but at this point I hope she (and eventually Banri) can now develop some sympathy for people who are in love with more than one person at the same time.

We've seen a lot of Banri and Linda's backstory now, so sympathy is running high. I'm wondering when it will be Kouko's turn, since we began to see in this episode that she might be a lot more vulnerable and insecure than the usual front she presents to the world. Both girls have a lot of attractive features, and if the new and old Banri ever become integrated as one, he is going to be seriously conflicted over making a choice. My main question now is whether the OP and ED are trolls, because clearly Kouko x Banri has more than a few roadblocks ahead.

I do not sympathize with her at all for the episode and for having omitted that her brother's bride cheat him.
She deserves a karma to suffer for letting her brother be made an idiot.
Mar 8, 2019 7:29 PM

Feb 2018
Yes it's true Kaga is Banri's girlfriend so you go away, kidding. So the main point in this episode is that Kaga had a fever but after she recovered she behaved strangely, he was worried about his relationship with Banri. On another occasion Linda was getting closer to Banri. In the last minute it was not clear whether Banri's spirit returned to its original body?
May 31, 2019 12:40 PM

Nov 2016
This is getting interesting, it makes me think if Banri old will get his body back and maybe the new Banri get a new one, or will they fuse together. is really interesting to think this or what will happen to his feeling to Linda and Kouko will they change to favor Kouko for some reason even tough new Banri kew her for far less time than old Banri to Linda, but the anime favored Kouko since the start with the op and ed being all about her, anyways, I am expectant.
Jul 17, 2019 4:15 PM

Jan 2018
the clifffhanger gets me every goddamn time
Feb 28, 2020 5:02 PM

Mar 2016
Episode recap :
Drama, into flashback which is drama, into deus ex machina

Like episode 9 and he already recovered his memory ???
By falling off the bed ? Maybe being with your pre-amnesia crush can heal your amnesia ?

harem route ?!
bonjour
Mar 17, 2020 11:39 PM
Jul 2018
That speech Banri gave to Linda about never leaving her and finding a way to find her when the flowers scatter and all that...

I mean... it was okay... but it really seems like they're trying too hard -- the dialogue got kinda corny and unrealistic for a high school senior. Plus, the two are only friends. Even if Banri has a crush on her, what he said is too intimate for a female friend, regardless of how close they are. I always think it's dumb when the girl gets flustered over a male's monologue, but Linda would've had the right to be a little unnerved lol. I wouldn't have blamed her.

It's corny moments like these that make me take off points from the overall series. Reminds me of the strange moment when Banri confided in Kaga about his identity/amnesia crisis in the middle of the woods, kinda laying it all on her. Ugh.

This is an okay series. I enjoy watching it. But it's these moments that are hard to sit through.
May 19, 2020 2:48 AM

Apr 2020
"I will never forget" - Banri

Months later

GETS AMNESIA.

xD Poor Linda
Jul 2, 2020 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
This is going to get a lot complicated from now :/ I already feel bad for Kouko...

Great episode! I am curious how this'll end.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Oct 4, 2020 11:45 PM

Jun 2020
Is this the end of Kouko? I am getting antsy as hell over this episode.
Have a great day!

Dec 23, 2020 11:17 PM

Jan 2020
I think I understand why Kouko is behaving this way. She is really anxious about Banri leaving her. After what happened with Mitsuo, I think her behaviour isn't unreasonable at all.

The flashback was very sad to be honest. I still love Kouko a lot more, but still.... I feel quite bad for Linda.

Although a lot of the episode was flashback, I liked it quite a lot. I'm not a fan of the ghost bit, though. It would've been better that was removed altogether.
IrrelevantGuyDec 23, 2020 11:21 PM
Mar 22, 2021 2:18 PM
Nov 2019
there's always that character in an anime that i despise from all my heart and in this anime it def has to be linda.
Apr 6, 2021 5:29 AM
Dec 2018
Keyaru6 said:
there's always that character in an anime that i despise from all my heart and in this anime it def has to be linda.

Agreed, I can't believe that people are saying that she is better for Banri. At no point does she ever say that she liked him, she lies all the time and when she does speak her mind and say something that rings true about him it is either snide or telling her friends that 'she doesn't even see him as a guy'. Why would she need to go that far? She was using him for his friendship and support, while calling him unreliable, and then she pretends she doesn't know him when they meet. She says things like he is 'important to her' and she was glad that they met again, all typical friendzone things to say. It is fair to friendzone someone but when they walk away, don't text them ten times and get his neighbour to intervene. That is the just selfish and incredibly vain, she isn't interested in him, never was, but is too selfish to let him leave her. All her actions are motivated by guilt. How many times did she reject him? Whenever he is waiting for her she shows up late. When you know someone for that long you don't need to think about it overnight when they confess. Her answer was always no, if she says otherwise it is to ease her guilt and to allow his mind to move on. Easy to say that it would have been yes when Kouko is on the scene. She is literally trying to throw them together to ease her guilt. And, yet, people are shipping her when she is actively shipping her supposed rival so that she can wash her hands of him. She's a real piece of work.

Kouko, on the other hand, is immature, but trying to recognise her faults and fix them. Linda is just trying to cover hers up, while appearing nice on the outside. When Kouko makes mistakes it is because she has misjudged and is still immature, all Linda's mistakes are down to her selfishness and taking Banri for granted.
Gab5Apr 6, 2021 5:34 AM
Apr 6, 2021 5:58 AM
Nov 2019
Gab5 said:
Keyaru6 said:

Agreed, I can't believe that people are saying that she is better for Banri. At no point does she ever say that she liked him, she lies all the time and when she does speak her mind and say something that rings true about him it is either snide or telling her friends that 'she doesn't even see him as a guy'. Why would she need to go that far? She was using him for his friendship and support, while calling him unreliable, and then she pretends she doesn't know him when they meet. She says things like he is 'important to her' and she was glad that they met again, all typical friendzone things to say. It is fair to friendzone someone but when they walk away, don't text them ten times and get his neighbour to intervene. That is the just selfish and incredibly vain, she isn't interested in him, never was, but is too selfish to let him leave her. All her actions are motivated by guilt. How many times did she reject him? Whenever he is waiting for her she shows up late. When you know someone for that long you don't need to think about it overnight when they confess. Her answer was always no, if she says otherwise it is to ease her guilt and to allow his mind to move on. Easy to say that it would have been yes when Kouko is on the scene. She is literally trying to throw them together to ease her guilt. And, yet, people are shipping her when she is actively shipping her supposed rival so that she can wash her hands of him. She's a real piece of work.

Kouko, on the other hand, is immature, but trying to recognise her faults and fix them. Linda is just trying to cover hers up, while appearing nice on the outside. When Kouko makes mistakes it is because she has misjudged and is still immature, all Linda's mistakes are down to her selfishness and taking Banri for granted.

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME DUDE i hate her dawgg if she wasn't in this anime this anime would've turned out alot better
Apr 6, 2021 7:16 AM
Dec 2018
Keyaru6 said:
Gab5 said:

FINALLY SOMEONE WHO AGREES WITH ME DUDE i hate her dawgg if she wasn't in this anime this anime would've turned out alot better

Yes, she is an awful person for him to be involved in. People are focusing on her keeping quiet about her brother's fiancee cheating, but the main issue is that is how she does things, she continues as if nothing happened. Which is what she goes on to do to Banri. It is a selfish and cowardly way to carry on.

On top of all of that, Banri is clearly a better person than the whining and weak character he was when she was telling people she didn't see him as a guy. If a female friend said that about me, regardless of whether I was interested or not, I wouldn't talk to them either. People are irritated with Kouko so they ship him with someone who doesn't appreciate him at all. Kouko can be a pain but is generous in her appreciation of people that she loves, and that is what he needs. They also laughed together more than he was shown to laugh with Linda.

Same as you, I rleally can't stand her. She's far too insincere.
Gab5Apr 6, 2021 7:24 AM
Apr 6, 2021 4:31 PM
Nov 2019
Gab5 said:
Keyaru6 said:

Yes, she is an awful person for him to be involved in. People are focusing on her keeping quiet about her brother's fiancee cheating, but the main issue is that is how she does things, she continues as if nothing happened. Which is what she goes on to do to Banri. It is a selfish and cowardly way to carry on.

On top of all of that, Banri is clearly a better person than the whining and weak character he was when she was telling people she didn't see him as a guy. If a female friend said that about me, regardless of whether I was interested or not, I wouldn't talk to them either. People are irritated with Kouko so they ship him with someone who doesn't appreciate him at all. Kouko can be a pain but is generous in her appreciation of people that she loves, and that is what he needs. They also laughed together more than he was shown to laugh with Linda.

yesss kouko i agree first couple of eps she seems just like ur typical stalker/weirdo but she really wanted to be with banri and make him happy even forgiving him after cheating on her she's just the best and it just annoys me seeing people who like linda more
Apr 7, 2021 7:32 AM
Dec 2018
Keyaru6 said:
Gab5 said:

yesss kouko i agree first couple of eps she seems just like ur typical stalker/weirdo but she really wanted to be with banri and make him happy even forgiving him after cheating on her she's just the best and it just annoys me seeing people who like linda more

Who would be more fun to be with? Kouko's childish attitude and willingness to look silly and recognise it makes her great fun. Compare that to Linda, who covers things up, doesn't try to be honest but wants to look like a nice person. One tells you what is on their mind always while the other is full of nasty surprises. No contest. Case closed!!

People ignore the fact that, with Banri's memory problems, he doesn't need someone who is sneaky, cold and secretive, he needs someone who is open and loving, who will make him feel confident. They don't suffer from amnesia, so their preference doesn't matter. And how many good memories did he have with Linda? They never laughed like he does with Kouko. He was always anxious.
Gab5Apr 7, 2021 7:37 AM
Dec 29, 2021 3:54 PM
May 2020
banri regained his memories damn
Nov 22, 2022 4:30 PM
Jul 2013
This episode had some great insight into Banri and Linda's past relationship, good stuff! They do an awesome job at portraying anxiety in many ways
Jan 11, 2023 4:51 AM

Jul 2022
No...
Mar 25, 2023 1:16 PM
Jul 2016
Kurogashi said:
what linda did was right. it was none of her business, even if she's the sister. she has no right to blow it up cause who knows, perhaps that woman still loves the brother but is having an affair due to personal reasons (e.g. blackmail, lack of money for surgery or something, who knows). there's just so many factors that could explain the scene. and who in the right mind would think the brother would say "oh good job for catching that slut, you saved me".. if it's truly an affair, you let it run its course and eventually it'll blow up on its own. nobody would thank you for being a hero. in fact, you might do more harm than good. she played the 'adult' role very well.

Absolute rubbish, it is her business since she's his sister. Hiding it from him benefits no-one and only increases the chances of him being hurt in the future. Don't say such rubbish, the mature thing to have done would've been to tell her brother.
Aug 2, 2023 2:40 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Banri's past with Linda is getting more and more compelling, it's making me think wtf is Kouko's role in all this. That said, I'm a bit confused on how much present Banri remembers of said past with Linda. at this point, he is aware that they have had a past relationship, whether that be of being good friends, or even that at least he loved her at least. But even though we were shown another part of their backstory having to do with Linda's older brother and the affair that his fiance was having, present Banri does not seem to recall that Linda did have an older brother at all when she brought it up. So how much does he remember, I'm not sure. I did stop watching for like a week, so I forgot a bit so that's on me. Anyhow, it doesn't seem like knowing how much he remembers will matter anymore, because, somehow, it looks like his ghost has reentered his body and now he has all his memories back. Which, is a pretty damn good twist I wasn't expecting so soon, and does open the door for so many different storytelling opportunities. Things no doubt are going to get really interesting.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 17, 2023 6:02 PM

Feb 2019
This series is making it really hard to accept Banri x Kouko when they keep showing us Banri x Linda in the past and how sweet and romantic their story should've been... I can't help but root more for Banri x Linda even though I know it's not gonna end with them since they're not the main couple ;-;

I was expecting the old Banri to return at some point, but not this early in the series. I wonder what's going to happen. The best I can hope for (besides a Banri x Linda ending which is impossible) is that old Banri can properly tell everything in his heart to Linda before he disappears or something.
Jan 5, 8:37 AM

Jun 2017
Pretty ironic if one compare the imagery of Linda and Kaga .Kaga is the fashionista who seems to be standing on her tip toes albeit outwardly while Linda the cool,calm & collected one.In reality Linda tries her best in maintaining status quo without doing anything on her own in expense of Banri's feelings or her own brother's marital life.The epitome figurine of taking things for granted .While Kaga is the truck carrying bundle of love hitting everything in her path .
And what's going on with ghost Banri.Hell i thought it was just a stylistic choice lmao !!
bakakisimaJan 5, 8:41 AM
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Jul 2016
Big F for Linda's brother. Dude's first appearance and he gets sacrificed for the sake of characterization... and it wasn't even the "good" kind of characterization. Now Linda's character is shown to be even more flawed than before.
And some people still think she's "best girl" smh...
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

311 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.