Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2013 11:07 AM
May 2013
Wordsmith said:
Getting heavy S&W vibes here. All this careful planning and the even more careful negotiations (like, getting the better of the other guilds without antagonizing them).

While I wish there was a little more action, I think a good heated debate on this level is better than a bad fight.

too bad this anime don't have much action at all, most thing in LN is negotiations and economic and a little advenure. very few battle, but when it start.... wait next arc
And to all Action anime Fan: Drop this anime please, this is not Sex art online where you slay bot and build harem
Fhantom_chaosNov 23, 2013 11:12 AM
Nov 23, 2013 11:12 AM

Oct 2013
Really love the negotiations and Shiroe's plans coming to fruition. Next week should be awesome at the round table :D
Nov 23, 2013 11:42 AM

Dec 2008
Shiroe may not possess any kind of braun, but he is still one BAMF!!!
Shiroe is called the "Villain in Glasses," but Henrietta's got some wicked negotiation skills herself. She should be labeled "Villainess in Glasses."

Sent with Mal Updater
Nov 23, 2013 11:55 AM

Jul 2011
Subtle awesomeness. I'm loving this show.

More Shiroe and Tea Party plz.

I don't think I've been so excited about a discussion episode since GitS!
Nov 23, 2013 12:08 PM

May 2013
I just love how this anime is so much different than sao
Nov 23, 2013 12:09 PM
Feb 2013
Boy, seeing those big guilds kinda reminds me of the cartels we have here in Mexico.
Nov 23, 2013 12:37 PM

Apr 2012
Oh the intrigue! I love this show. Damn! have to wait another seven days till I find out the next stage to Shiroe's grand plan!
Nov 23, 2013 12:44 PM

May 2012
Mr. and Ms. villain in glasses..

Nov 23, 2013 12:49 PM

Jun 2013
Log Horizon, unlike SAO, captures the true essence of what MMORPGs are all about, money scams xD
Nov 23, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
One of the best episodes, and from the look of the preview it looks like the next one will be even better. I simply love this kind of economic theme, like in Spice&Wolf or Kaiji.

It's gonna be one of my favorites this season.
Nov 23, 2013 1:16 PM

Apr 2010
Like other s have said, heavy S&W vibes. The amount of time & effort they're spending on fleshing out the world is fanfuckingtastic.

Always get a kick out of the action junkies calling episodes/shows like these boring.
Nov 23, 2013 1:58 PM

Dec 2011
Ahahaha. I love how they all have their ulterior motive personality talking. Now can't wait for Shiroe to head the guild masters meeting since everybody is such a fanboy for him.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
tsubasalover said:
lol @ their "inside conversation" (does that count as the private conversation in online game? Or just personal thoughts?) during the deal with Nobu's character = the merchant. Deals stage (lol @ glasses fix count on justin.tv chat?). And those face changes.

The story of how they joined the guild, including attack from that evil guild that the main fought before.

New character again, Hino-san! Final stage coming soon and siblings also about to fight back.

hmm i never considered that it could be private chat but i think it was just their internal thoughts.
Nov 23, 2013 2:26 PM
Nov 2013
Was pretty good, felt like they might be spending a bit too much time on Hamelin.

Part of why they are forced to stay in the guild is because Hamelin has the support of two of the large battle guilds (Black Sword Knights/Silver Swords). Additionally the leader is connected to other PK guilds which means they would likely be targeted. Also specifically for the twins Minori (the girl) is essentially being held hostage inside the guild area. Plus Shiroe has a much larger plan in mind, in many ways he is using Hamelin to set an example.

Also a side note about Henreietta, her father is a business man because of this she has some experience in negotiations because of observing him.
590292009Nov 23, 2013 2:41 PM
Nov 23, 2013 3:20 PM

Apr 2012
"Keikaku Doori!" - just the way to describe the episode.

This anime can keep me excited so easily, I almost can't wait for a whole week if it weren't for the other 18 animes I'm watching along with the MMOs I play, Youtube videos, friends and university finals... actually, I think I do have a lot of stuff to do in the meantime.

But I still want to see the next episode as soon as possible!
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Nov 23, 2013 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
Man, I am enjoying this which is quite amusing because I don't care in the slightest about the MMORPG factors of this anime, rather the plan of Shiroe's.
Nov 23, 2013 3:40 PM

Jul 2013
lawl at all their personal thoughts
good ep.
Shiroe, the "villain in glasses"
he's more famous than what I first thought..
Nov 23, 2013 4:14 PM

Nov 2009
Wow, the episode went by so fast @w@
Let's see what Shiroe has in store for next episode.
Nov 23, 2013 4:24 PM
Nov 2013
little detail anime version didnt add.
Touya was disabled in real life he cant walk, thats why act so happy about walking and running after enter the game world
Nov 23, 2013 4:38 PM

Jan 2012
"just keep smiling" and everything will be fine...
Nov 23, 2013 4:48 PM
Aug 2011
I've figured out Shiroe's plan. He needs all that gold to....

Nov 23, 2013 4:53 PM

Jul 2011
Smallfoot said:

Yeah to go to prostitutes, we all know this.
Nov 23, 2013 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
Smallfoot said:

OMG!!!! How did u know that??? are u genius??? LOL
Nov 23, 2013 5:11 PM

May 2011
I liked the pace in this episode. Not everything has to be filled with action. Shiroe is more famous than I thought, makes me want to know more about the Tea Party. Really interested in the characters highlighted in the preview.
Nov 23, 2013 5:23 PM

Mar 2012
Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy this series for what it is, but these mind games and back and forth are really showing the limits of the author. It seems like everyone else has to be dumbed down just for Shiroe to appear smart and far-sighted. A series like Liar Game, on the other hand, features legitimately intelligent and crafty people going at one another. Moreover, it's still not clear why Shiroe is so popular and well-respected among the general public. I mean, yeah, sure, he was the brain behind the Tea Party, but realistically speaking, no single guild in a MMORPG receives that much attention anyway. His brilliance thus far is often asserted but not proven. For example, this entire plan with the crescent burger is just so underwhelming. The author tried to play it off as an ingenious plan, but who couldn't have thought that up given the circumstances? To me it feels rather like people look up to him for no reason. Whatever though, I guess...
Nov 23, 2013 5:35 PM
Jul 2013
Although it was a calm episode, disclosed that the next episode will be a show or I hope so.
Nov 23, 2013 5:41 PM

Nov 2013
Log Horizon keeps getting better and better...looking like it could make my top 5 list. So excited for the next episode. :D
Nov 23, 2013 5:45 PM
Nov 2013
zannet_t said:
I mean, yeah, sure, he was the brain behind the Tea Party, but realistically speaking, no single guild in a MMORPG receives that much attention anyway...

In any MMORPG a group of players that complete raids that most could not would be known. Especially if they are not a part of any guild. I think it was mentioned that something like 200 people had the gryphon mount meaning the members of the Tea Party who have it were able to complete a quest line that only very few could. Other characters that I am aware that have the mount are players like Crusty from D.D.D. ,the other major guild leaders and their parties likely make up the other players.

Also another thing to keep in mind is that the people in the anime that we get the story from are top tier players who would likely be aware of other strong players (especially ones not in guilds) or people already associated with Shiroe/DTP. Likely the major production/battle guilds are more well known then Shiroe/DTP.
Nov 23, 2013 6:32 PM

Feb 2011
Shiroe better end up with Akatsuki when this anime is over
Nov 23, 2013 6:47 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, Shiroe is infamous. Seems like every guild master in the game knows about him and his calculative nature. Like, even though the Debauchery Tea Party is well known, Shiroe seems to stand out the most.

The negotiation was interesting. Seems like they want to get the help of all the merchant/crafting guilds before moving into the raiding/bossing ones.

Tohya's and Minori's reason for refusing to be saved sounds absolutely stupid. That was probably the only thing I disliked about this episode.

Really got that Maoyuu Maou Yuusha vibe this episode. Feels good mang.
Nov 23, 2013 6:54 PM

Nov 2007
This anime just gets several folds better by each passing week! The episode summarizes how intelligent and intriguing this anime can be!

Shiroe is fcuking famous! I have no idea how he got hold of the Griffons because it sounds like it was one helluva mission from how everyone talks about it! The Villain in o_o is so damn awesome! Best male lead of the season by quite some distance!

Kaiburr said:

That would be a major PLUS. But honestly, the anime has so many good things that I am not trying to get distracted. Coming from a romance fan!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 23, 2013 7:34 PM

Aug 2013
dobinz said:
Touya was disabled in real life he cant walk, thats why act so happy about walking and running after enter the game world

Oh so that's why he was doing that happy stomp. I thought it was just a simple display of amusement haha. But then again, considering their situation, being amused at being stuck in a game does seem unnatural. But when you think about it, it also shows why a lot of people don't seem too concerned about returning to the real world. Doing things you can't do in real life and having fun doing it? Heck sometimes I wish I lived in a virtual world.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 23, 2013 8:18 PM

Mar 2012
Can it get more awesome than this?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 23, 2013 8:24 PM

Jan 2013
dam episode 8 is just wow like awesome and i just Loving every moment of this anime
'"Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?4th Espada

Nov 23, 2013 8:40 PM

Jul 2012
Solid episode. Interesting to see more of the business/psychological side of a game rather than the typical action. Good build up to the climax which should happen in the next few episodes.
Nov 23, 2013 8:42 PM

Sep 2013
Shiro is a genius this episode kept my attention the whole episode.
Nov 23, 2013 8:51 PM

Oct 2013
really getting into this! the negotiations were very interesting. I wonder if they were using some sort of private message system during it, or if it was just personal thoughts.
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
Nov 23, 2013 9:01 PM

Feb 2013
I like where this anime is going, but it really needs to focus more on finding out why they are there. Everyone is taking their situation a little too easily; you'd think there would be way more people desperate to figure out what's going on.
Nov 23, 2013 9:23 PM
Mar 2013
I wonder if it's legal for them to create such a chef-d'oeuvre. It's like the god damn Tower of Babel. No divine intervention this time, please.
Nov 23, 2013 11:17 PM

May 2012
Marenwynn said:
I like where this anime is going, but it really needs to focus more on finding out why they are there. Everyone is taking their situation a little too easily; you'd think there would be way more people desperate to figure out what's going on.

I think it's fine people are more resilient than they think. Also, there's no true death in that world so they are not as paranoid as those in SAO.

dobinz said:

Great detail. I knew there was more than what meets the eye.
Nov 23, 2013 11:36 PM

Jun 2009
Widely known as villain in glasses huh...

With that rape-face face he kept making every time he have bad things in store for his enemies... I'm not surprise.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2013 1:12 AM

Jul 2013
zannet_t said:
Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy this series for what it is, but these mind games and back and forth are really showing the limits of the author. It seems like everyone else has to be dumbed down just for Shiroe to appear smart and far-sighted. A series like Liar Game, on the other hand, features legitimately intelligent and crafty people going at one another. Moreover, it's still not clear why Shiroe is so popular and well-respected among the general public. I mean, yeah, sure, he was the brain behind the Tea Party, but realistically speaking, no single guild in a MMORPG receives that much attention anyway. His brilliance thus far is often asserted but not proven. For example, this entire plan with the crescent burger is just so underwhelming. The author tried to play it off as an ingenious plan, but who couldn't have thought that up given the circumstances? To me it feels rather like people look up to him for no reason. Whatever though, I guess...

Well, at least Shiroe demonstrates actual intelligence. It ain't an informed ability, so its all good. Lelouch from Code Geass on the other hand...

Besides, who knows what will happen in the negotiation next episode. Maybe those other Guild masters will challenge him (particularly the glasses guy in blue armor).
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Nov 24, 2013 1:35 AM

Sep 2010
Hm... using those blue "ghost sprites" (I don't really know what to call them) was an intersting method to show the difference between the external face and their internal thoughts. Worked quite well for a negotiation scene. ^^

SkyTate said:
Haha Shiroe must be some epic business student or just... *Glasses power*

Another negotiation ep... hoping for more action though
I thought an earlier episode said he was an engineering student.

Still, gotta wonder why no-one else has discovered how to cook tasty food. The chef population couldn't be -that- low, right? I guess they're selling the preparation method since it's only a matter of time until the knowledge becomes so widespread that it won't be worth much anymore. O.o?
TakataNov 24, 2013 1:39 AM
Nov 24, 2013 1:37 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

eminagnam said:
The negotiations were unexpectedly thrilling and interesting. I felt S&W vibe.

I agree with your thinking when it comes to negotiations between merchants as described below, the mind can not go to S & W! Fabulous!

dowson417 said:
Blackbird said:
IT's all important with negotiations!
Shiroe with all respect and Minori & Toya will try to fight as well.
Probably a discussion to change the world and fight against this evil guild.

The pace of anime is normal but still I wish it could be faster. :D

no no, you don't want it to be faster tbh, this is the perfect pace for Log Horizon right now. The show is more about strategy and management than you think it is about battles.

That aside, perfect episode. And you know what comes next: freakin' CLIMAX!!

I also agree with this thought, this is the right pace that's climax!

Amarrez said:
If you were doubting this was from the same author as Maoyuu before, you certainly are not now.

I think you're right! XD

Good episode! Too bad the graphics, if it were of a different caliber, the hype would be a thousand!
Intriguing plot and narrative from the Cold War, tension at the highest levels.
This anime is growing great, I hope to continue like this, because there will be a lot of fun with the rest of the seventeen episodes that remain to be seen.
Designs that need to improve, can not be so rough, and more details in the scenarios is that in the costume design.
The color design is affixed instead!
Nov 24, 2013 1:44 AM
Jul 2018
Kaiburr said:

I doubt it.
Nov 24, 2013 1:46 AM

Apr 2012
This was a rather Spice & Wolf-esque episode. The 'Adjusting Your Glasses' trope is really getting on my nerves...
Nov 24, 2013 1:53 AM

Nov 2010
The 2 main stories were combined well
Twins background and the business negotiations
Nov 24, 2013 1:57 AM

Apr 2012
Mikenzb said:
Kaiburr said:

I doubt it.

I agree to disagree.
Nov 24, 2013 3:09 AM

Jun 2013
zannet_t said:

Yes this was a problem with Maoyuu too. Although there it was more about Maou having access to way more advanced technology and stuff. I think it comes from the author being more interested in world building than character interaction. The deep mind games are sacrificed to give way to sweeping world changes.

I don't think it is too unrealistic though. I mean the really good ideas are almost always obvious once you know about them and it's more a race for who can come up with them first. And from our point of view everything is going to seem obvious. If you think like that then maybe your suspension of disbelief will have an easier time ^^ But that doesn't mean it makes for an interesting story though xD

Also it is fully possible for guilds and individual players being that famous. At least it was back when I played wow and I can think of multiple examples ^^
Nov 24, 2013 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
Haha, that was a good conference.
Can't wait until next ep :D
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.