Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 22, 2013 11:16 PM

Feb 2012
Love that they had a lot of Sayaka character development here. And the Asagi's kiss with Kojou, the pinnacle of the episode!! Hoping for more ASAGI x KOJOU scenes... or Sayaka.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Nov 22, 2013 11:28 PM
Apr 2013
That unexpected Kiss. :P
Great episode haha, looks like the harem is growing now that Kirasaka has joined. Can't wait for the next episode.
Nov 22, 2013 11:30 PM

Apr 2013
Kerozinn said:
im so sick of this cliche garbage where her boobs falls in his hands.

no time for this shit

dropped 4/10
quick peek in your profile, rated both code geass 10, yet they both have those types of moments.. ooooookay.
Nov 22, 2013 11:35 PM

Sep 2012
I'm loving Sayaka more and more. And holy shit, that kiss...
Nov 22, 2013 11:58 PM
Nov 2011
Just some information, he doesn't need to suck the blood of a different girl for every new familiar and he has 12 familiars. So even if he did need to suck the blood of a different girl everytime he would need 12 girls in his harem not 9
Nov 23, 2013 12:11 AM

Oct 2013
5/5
Fully action packed episode with some romance scenes
Not sure if I like Sayaka more or Asagi, such good characters in this show!
And it seems that i find Yukina's character boring, i hope some good developments revolve around her in future, she's a likeable character too.
I want to see some new male characters, we need love rivals too :D
Nov 23, 2013 12:24 AM

Aug 2012
Fight was okay, but I didn't feel that Koujo was in fact a very strong vampire (strongest vampire as what the subs says). Koujo's punch at the end reminded me of Touma.

So if that's the 9th familiar, where are the others? Will we witness a 9-member harem from this series?

That kiss at the end was surprising, same with the nosebleed lol. The harem.. uhh.. fight for Koujo begins as the first shot was witnessed.

I hope the next arc will be good enough to satisfy my low expectations.
Nov 23, 2013 2:03 AM

Dec 2011
Wow. Now Kirisaka is part of Kojou's harem. Ahaha.

It was awesome to see her as an archer this time, been waiting for it since I saw the opening on the first episode.

Also, Asagi kissed him! My goodness!!!!!!
So loving this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 2:36 AM
Aug 2011
What's with the filter/coloring at times? All I know is that it looks like some ugly-ass 3D and I don't like it.

Kerozinn said:
im so sick of this cliche garbage where her boobs falls in his hands.

lol that part was so damn terrible I cringed

Asagi's the best and that's not saying much.
The other can take her Senpai b-baka! misunderstanding schtick and step off.
Nov 23, 2013 4:08 AM

Sep 2011
Awsome stuff! Boob grab, yukina action & tht kiss >.<

~TO THE NEXT ARC!
Nov 23, 2013 5:22 AM

May 2013
I liked that episode. A lot of action, and the kiss at the end. OuO
Nov 23, 2013 5:35 AM

Oct 2013
Sourire said:
Kerozinn said:
im so sick of this cliche garbage where her boobs falls in his hands. no time for this shit dropped 4/10

quick peek in your profile, rated both code geass 10, yet they both have those types of moments.. ooooookay.

You can't compare this show to one like code geass. You just can't.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Nov 23, 2013 5:41 AM

Jul 2010
4/5
Nov 23, 2013 5:53 AM

Jul 2011
Dreyar said:
Just some information, he doesn't need to suck the blood of a different girl for every new familiar and he has 12 familiars. So even if he did need to suck the blood of a different girl everytime he would need 12 girls in his harem not 9
b-but every girl has her own kind of familiar right?
Nov 23, 2013 6:00 AM
Jul 2018
ainky said:
Harem completed... Oh wait, the loli teacher is missing!

Indeed, Indeed.
Nov 23, 2013 6:38 AM

Jul 2012
The earring trick was clever I will give her that.

Great episode!!!
Nov 23, 2013 6:49 AM
Oct 2013
This harem sucks... Haha you get it? But seriously these female characters are so under developed story wise and all want to be sucked dry WTF?
Nov 23, 2013 8:07 AM

Nov 2008
Well it was interesting that we can say the 'harem' offically starts now.. (though it would seem Yukina despite not getting the first kiss in really is easily at the top of said Harem despite how it will grow ) Asagi did use a good move.. the battle scenes were fun too.. But.. how in the hell does she NOT know he is some form of oddity at this point?

So when is the next Himeragi 'bite' lol
sirwenceNov 23, 2013 8:15 AM
Nov 23, 2013 8:46 AM

Nov 2012
Well done Asagi. Yukina not my favorite one so far, Sayaka grew on me more in the last two episodes than Yukina since the start of the series.
Nov 23, 2013 8:49 AM

Dec 2012
Sayaka improved a lot for me, though I thought her change was really sudden. She's now dere-dere now.

Well done Asagi. 5/5 for episode episode because of that scene at the end.
Nov 23, 2013 9:10 AM

Aug 2013
I get the impression that Asagi may not be 100% ordinary (though genius) human. When she's decoding the commands, they do a deliberate close up of her eyes in which they gradually start to glow red around the edges.
Nov 23, 2013 9:47 AM

Apr 2011
Kami_no_Kage said:
Didn't he say 9th familiar? Doesn't that mean his harem will consist of like 9 girls eventually if he wants all of those? XDD

Does it have to be girls ?
Nov 23, 2013 10:07 AM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.

That kiss :3
Nov 23, 2013 10:41 AM

Apr 2013
7thVoid said:
Sourire said:
Kerozinn said:
im so sick of this cliche garbage where her boobs falls in his hands. no time for this shit dropped 4/10

You can't compare this show to one like code geass. You just can't.
they're both bad?
Nov 23, 2013 10:50 AM

Oct 2012
Damn, Kojou is being surrounded by Top Tier girls, every girl is best girl. Really liked this episode. Really liking Sayaka.
Nov 23, 2013 11:06 AM

Aug 2008
That kiss in the end was totally unexpected. Asagi is full throttle. Brace yourself, war is coming.

Barion-Zara said:
Awesome ep!! Seems like Kojou's using Touma's trademark of falcon punching every enemy XD
That passed through my mind too.

FadingLight77 said:
he's got a QUALITY harem here and looks like there are more to come :D
Kurogashi said:
cot dayum.
so many best girls
wuttodo
I agree. He is building one of the greatest quality harem I've ever seen.

Needalist said:
Hmm, the ninth familiar. I counted 5 girls that are likely to be in the harem, so I guess there are 4 more girls to be included, since the newest addition id the 9th familiar.
I did not count Astarte, but I'm not sure whom did you not. Astarte, Nagisa, or Natsuki?

Dreyar said:
So be it. 12 girls that is. My body is ready.
Nov 23, 2013 11:27 AM

Oct 2013
Valaskjalf said:
Kami_no_Kage said:
Didn't he say 9th familiar? Doesn't that mean his harem will consist of like 9 girls eventually if he wants all of those? XDD

LOL, he can suck men, too.
Nov 23, 2013 11:41 AM

Nov 2007
Anime -> A very skilled female swordsman/archer + Excellent in fighting with inhuman moves + Steps on a debris/soap/pop can/you name what + Lose balance + Grabbed by you know where.

/me shakes his head every time something like this happens and moves on.

Wasn't expecting the kiss in the end. Now he knows. From the preview of it, looks like the next episode will be Little Busters ~Refrain~ spinoff, just that probably won't even be a tenth of ~Refrain~'s worth. :/

Also, I actually enjoyed the show this week because I am watching Log Horizon after I am done with this instead of before like last week. ;)

heiqi1hu said:
Valaskjalf said:
Kami_no_Kage said:

LOL, he can suck men, too.

Yeah. This anime sucks. Haha. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 23, 2013 1:22 PM
Jul 2013
The action in this episode was great. A wait for the next episode, with new characters and cats.
Nov 23, 2013 2:08 PM

Jul 2012
I'm a romantic at heart that is why I'm don't like harem as well but egos is a good anime so far I'm sure there will be no true romance with this one
Nov 23, 2013 2:54 PM

Apr 2013
Surprisingly the action in this episode was quite good... Not much else to add, though. There are as usual too many cliches, but honestly I don't even mind them too much. Still, Sayaka's change in personality was way too sudden and this episode was very predictable until the kiss between Asagi and Kojou that I actually didn't expect. Hopefully they won't act as nothing happened in the future.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 23, 2013 7:34 PM

Jun 2011
This anime really is like a worse version of To Aru Majutsu no Index and Campione! combined together to make a steaming pile of average at best.

Also why does he keep making Kojou punch the antagonists at the end just like Touma, he has a range of powers and the enemy are not even fighting with their own bodies yet the situation still gets forced in so he ends up punching them in the end anyway.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
Nov 23, 2013 9:16 PM

Nov 2012
damn kirasaka!! never thought if she will be this aggresive :o
and DAT KISS!

oh btw the new familiar is really cool! XD
Nov 23, 2013 9:45 PM

Mar 2012
The less Himeragi the better, I'm glad Asagi made a move. Might stick around for another arc

Slicer22 said:
This anime really is like a worse version of To Aru Majutsu no Index and Campione!

I felt this too
Nov 23, 2013 10:08 PM
Jan 2012
Asagi=best. Wonder when Koujo will obtain control of a new familiar because of her :D
Nov 23, 2013 10:51 PM

Oct 2013
darkninj12 said:
The less Himeragi the better, I'm glad Asagi made a move. Might stick around for another arc

Slicer22 said:
This anime really is like a worse version of To Aru Majutsu no Index and Campione!

I felt this too

I felt this three
Nov 23, 2013 11:29 PM

Apr 2011
Kojou's harem is top tier. You don't see that in harem animes quite often.
Nov 24, 2013 3:36 AM

May 2009
Why? Why did this turn from an interesting action show to a harem show with a male lead that cannot be satisfied with just one girl?

Right from the start, they establish Yukina as Kojou's lover observer. So why is it that he cannot tap into her blood supply more than once to unlock all his sealed familiars? Do all those familiars have a specific 'activation code' or something? And why is he surprised that Yukina is mad as hell when he does this? And how long till she realizes her own 'family' was just using her?

I guess it's now safe to say that all the girls we've seen so far will all become blood donor for Kojou eventually. Well, I hope all the girls will start to get along really well, then, and accept that he is basically cheating on them all, else this will become very, very messy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2013 4:45 AM

Sep 2012
kuuurt said:
First of all, why the hell would the MC and the chick /flirt/ on the battlefield?
To me it is more like chatting around when they found the way out.

kuuurt said:
Second: What a nice "lock-on system" for the so-called "weapon of the gods." The MC runs in a FUCKING STRAIGHT LINE, Nalakuvera shoots like TEN FUCKING LASERS, and only ONE hits!? What is this bullshit!? Either Kojou became a ninja between the previous episode and this episode, or this anime is bullshitting us once again big time.
True, but at least its learning ability is something that deserves its name of "weapon of the gods"

kuuurt said:
Third: OH WOW MY ARM GOT CUT OFF IN /ONE FUCKING SHOT/ I'M LOSING. Oh, wait, I have Nalakuveras lol. Yeah, fuck you.
Have problem with the guy's over-confidence? Seesh.

kuuurt said:
Fourth: "I'm big, aren't I?" "Yes. A lot of guys like them big." Eh...? Stop forcing perverted shit in our face every second, damn it.
In the context he was not being abrupt -- come on he just grabbed her boobs, so it makes sense for him to think she is talking about that when she said big. I surely agree that he could have sounded more discreet though but we all know this guy is dense anyway.

kuuurt said:
Lastly: Why create a virus that activates when a sound is played rather than making an activation button of some sort to make it explode!? Are you mad, woman?
Who knows what she could come up with given such limited time she could work on the code? You think you know the environment and situation there better than the character herself? Are you mad?

AO968 said:
Why? Why did this turn from an interesting action show to a harem show with a male lead that cannot be satisfied with just one girl?
Perhaps only because you never know the LN is famous for being a harem show (with action though) ?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 24, 2013 4:50 AM

Nov 2010
Impressive action scenes, the studio sure went all out here
When Himeragi starts to enchant with her weapon it reminds me of Rukia all the time

Ah, Koujou enslaving more for his harem/familiars
Bite bite, lick lick
Nov 24, 2013 6:29 AM

Aug 2013
wooohooo! another girl goes to Kojou's girls folder. And Himeragi''s quite cute when jealous I love it hahaha! If sucking blood gives him a new familiar, does the picture of them standing in the ED's end means all of them will be his partner?

Asagi's chuuuuuuuu! wow! an aggressive one, liked it. :D
Nov 24, 2013 9:49 AM

Jun 2013
Harem +1
Familiar +1

Well this went better than I expected. I decided to look at this show the same way I did with Campeone and bam! suddenly I'm enjoying it a whole lot more.

Asagi steals that kiss... favorite girl confirmed (had enough of tsundere types, aggressive FTW!).
Nov 24, 2013 10:00 AM

Oct 2009
Well apparently I am one of the few who thought this was pretty bad.

*Falls, grabs boobs. "Ok drink my blood"*

Also he had to be protected by two girls this time..

That kiss was the best thing..
Nov 24, 2013 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
Oh shit, an army of Nalakuvera, Asagi is too smart to make an virus to Nalakuvera.
I wish I have Mogwai-san on my phone too, deym that's cool.

Nagisa is always on the wrong timing when opening the door XD

SkyTate said:
Akanezora said:
THAT LAST KISS, UNEXPECTED.

Btw, so another one entered in Kojou's harem, I'm expecting to see later on, Kojou sucking blood on Asagi for a new familiar then.

DarkDooM2 said:
Asagi truly is best girl.

I'm with you brother.

Yea... Asagi just got more bold (and thats good)

Can't wait to see a harem war break out

Brothers, we are altogether. I wish I can kiss Asagi too, she's too damn hot and cute.
But of course, Sayaka showed her sexy body so she's next to Asagi to my favorite girls. That round boobs O_O
Nov 24, 2013 12:25 PM

Aug 2012
Asagi chan <3 . That kiss made my day :).
Nov 24, 2013 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
Asagi <3

Yukina is jealous ^_^
Nov 24, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
Hhaa, nice ep :D
More girls xD.
Asagi!!!
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Nov 24, 2013 5:37 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
I groaned so loud when he accidentally grabbed her tits like that

So cliche I mean christ
Nov 24, 2013 11:49 PM
Dec 2010
Slicer22 said:
This anime really is like a worse version of To Aru Majutsu no Index and Campione! combined together to make a steaming pile of average at best.

Nostalgia probably is blinding you, STB is way better than Index or Campione. Just that it's nothing new and won't impress you as much as you might have from watching those 2 series years ago.
Nov 24, 2013 11:52 PM

Jul 2013
I'm rooting for Asagi. It's a good thing I watched after the ending, I always forget to.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.