Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 21, 2013 5:15 PM

Sep 2012
hokyoku said:
...I think Linda was lying when she said that her answer was no, I think she loved Banri & I have a feeling that she still does.
In the third novel at that point she does NOT say that. Instead it says he hears an answer, in a sigh but he doesn't even ask her to tell him what she was going to say and it definitely doesn't say, "the answer was NO!" It doesn't say that at all, there is something vague about a sigh as an answer, about it being good to wait for that sort of thing in the early morning but he doesn't even ask her. Not really sure why they felt the need to add that to the anime for added drama... don't get that at all.

The rest was quite funny and well done however.
hpulleyNov 21, 2013 5:27 PM
Nov 21, 2013 5:16 PM

May 2011
There seems to be a theme with Linda. She tries to keep Banri close. But when the chance is there, she keeps throwing Banri away.

I do get why everyone is suspicious of Kaga's feelings for Banri also. while Linda's interactions with Banri seems natural and real. Kaga comes off a bit over the top and superficial.

My intuition tells me that Linda friendzoning Banri will eventually backfire when she falls in love with him and he rejects her because,... Kaga gets serious and becomes more real to Banri.
Nov 21, 2013 5:20 PM
Jun 2013
Well, it seems that somewhere inside Banri realizes that he needs to stop running from and ignoring his past. He has a habit of doing this with his all of his problems. He was adamant that his past was something that he could discard and ignore, insisting that only the present him is important. The conversation with Linda clearly shows that he doesn't believe that.

As for Linda, I can see why she would hesitate about getting into a romantic relationship with Banri. He seems very emotionally 'fragile' and they were also best friends and they would have to risk that because it is highly unlikely you can remain the same should the relationship go sour. She also seems to have a habit of restraining herself, at least when it comes to Banri. I also noticed that she tends to adress Banri with his full name "Tada Banri." It almost looks like she's trying to remind him, "You are Tada Banri."
Nov 21, 2013 5:24 PM
Jun 2013
Cirris said:
There seems to be a theme with Linda. She tries to keep Banri close. But when the chance is there, she keeps throwing Banri away.

My intuition tells me that Linda friendzoning Banri will eventually backfire when she falls in love with him and he rejects her because,... Kaga gets serious and becomes more real to Banri.

One explanation might be that she's waiting for him to remember her and his past. She seems to make a point of addressing him by his full name.
Nov 21, 2013 5:28 PM

Sep 2011
Seems like old Banri is coming back slowly, but steadily. Also, everything Linda says is opposite, right? Meaning she loves Banri when she said "No" this episode.
Nov 21, 2013 5:35 PM

Jul 2013
Man, with Banri seemingly getting his memories, the drama truck will hit hard.
I'm really interested in what they're going to put in the new OP, if we ever have one.
Nov 21, 2013 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
Damn the beginning, kind of painful to watch when Linda slipped her mouth...

Lol Tada and Yana as boyfriends XD. Another flashback about Yana and Chinami don't want to talk anymore :(. A tripped to the amusement park can make it really entertaining. And Linda's answer after graduation confession was a simple "no".... Damn. Though it feels like it was kind of a lie to me imo.

As for Koko and Tada's "relationship," it kind of bothers me that is still feels like a fake one just like last weeks episode... Ah well I'll see how the story goes in later episodes.

Nov 21, 2013 6:13 PM
Sep 2012
Mills said:
I'm loving all these Banri and Linda moments.

I'm all for LindaxBanri, the fact she has short hair too is a total win.

My signature; Team Linda.
HidroNov 21, 2013 6:19 PM
"Once you miss the opportunity to say something, the words become increasingly toxic."
Nov 21, 2013 6:18 PM

Jul 2012
Pretty good episode. Nice blend of comedic moments with fun moments with serious moments. Enjoyed the amusement park trip as well as the bonding between the five of them. I wish I had friends like that.

So, basically this show is like Ano Hana, except that Menma and Jinta are new!Banri and old!Banri. LOL

Kyuutoryuu said:
That Banri part where he acted as Yana's boyfriend... so freaking gay man

^
Nov 21, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2009
Banri's "My Boyfriend ~<3" act was hilarious xD lol 2D-kun is a funny guy too ;D
I kinda dislike Linda, she causes a lot of problems for Banri and makes him confused. I find her troublesome.
It seems that the Ghost-Banri took control over Banri for a moment. I wonder if he will eventually get his memories back. That'd make things even more complicated. Plus, I got a feeling that Linda's answer at the end wasn't honest.
Overall, good episode. Looking forward for the next one.

Nov 21, 2013 6:31 PM

Apr 2010
I laughed my ass off when he played the boyfriend lmao.

I saw the girl bugging Yana and I thought, Banri, you know what you have to do.

Do it, do it! He did it!! Perfect moment hahahaha.

Nov 21, 2013 6:35 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, Banri's so frigging disrespectful to even his best friend - what a bitch he is. I really wonder why Linda has still stuck with him, especially considering how she's the one who works her ass off to explain herself and fix her mistakes to him, while he does fuck all and only complicates the situation further.
Beaver897Nov 21, 2013 6:58 PM
Nov 21, 2013 6:44 PM

Apr 2011
the gay part was priceless
Nov 21, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2008
Oh Linda. You are such a bad liar, in the sense that you can never truly be honest with yourself or Banri, can you. Not that I can really blame you.

I sincerely hope we get something going over the next handful of episodes, especially concerning Koko. The current status quo is still a bomb waiting to blow up. Except it won't just involve Banri and Koko this time.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Nov 21, 2013 6:58 PM

Jul 2011
2D-kun NOOOOO!
Nov 21, 2013 7:20 PM

Jan 2008
Laugh'd so hard I started choking during the boyfriend part.
Nov 21, 2013 7:21 PM

Aug 2013
I want to give Linda a big hug :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 21, 2013 7:39 PM

Jun 2008
I love that "my boyfriend" part banri ver. so funny lol!

Nov 21, 2013 7:40 PM

Jan 2010
2D KUN Is one smart ass bastard.

Making them do that promise where if they ever hang out again he gets to come along LMAO!?

Is this his way of prevent forever alones?

He's my favorite character.
Nov 21, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
Banri x Kouko is nice and fine and all (she still wanders into creepy territory sometimes) but Linda is just awesome and you have to feel sorry for her since she is Plot Denied getting Banri. Hopefully she finds someone else (Not idiot Blonde guy plz)
Nov 21, 2013 7:50 PM
May 2013
Cirris said:

I do get why everyone is suspicious of Kaga's feelings for Banri also. while Linda's interactions with Banri seems natural and real. Kaga comes off a bit over the top and superficial.

beacuse she is pitiful ,indecisive and liar, most people like character like this.

Chinami is much better than Linda. Linda is boring, maybe kouke is annoying but at least she can make me laugh.
legovolfNov 21, 2013 8:00 PM
Nov 21, 2013 8:01 PM

Jul 2013
klonengan said:
Cirris said:

beacuse she is pitiful ,indecisive and liar, most people like character like this.

? She is handling this situation just fine. She obviously doesn't want to intrude on this new life that Banri has embarked on. She really hasn't been indecisive at all, she has only shown to him wanting to be close to him again while staying her distance and letting him and Kouko date without kicking up any fuss.
Nov 21, 2013 8:02 PM
Jun 2013
FrozenRemains said:
Guys dont forget the flashback and the "So if she said she doesnt like me,and then she corrected, everything is the opposite" I feel like she just casually lied to him and is now proceeding to cry in nanas room.

ya, true that.
Nov 21, 2013 8:10 PM

Jul 2010
Hahaha, the homo gag of Bunri just killed me.

What the hell, the Ghost did just possess him? Oh cmon, Ghost-san don't ruin the anime.

Kaga crying in the preview? So things will turn bad once again for Banri?
Nov 21, 2013 8:17 PM

Jun 2013
Oh God I'm crying from dat "My boyfriend"! That was absolutely genius, Banri :)
2-D Kun needs to find a girlfriend soon too, it sucks to be the 5th wheel like that.

... So does Banri have split personality? Seemed like the ghost Banri said "I want to go back" and not the current one.
Nov 21, 2013 8:24 PM

Jun 2013
2D-Kun lol.
Would love some sort of spin-off dedicated or starring him.
Nov 21, 2013 8:26 PM

Oct 2013
Banri x Yana! Bromance FTW
“The surest way to keep a secret is to make someone think they already know the answer.”
Nov 21, 2013 8:39 PM

Mar 2012
I can't decide. I really do like both couples. Banri and linda, Barni and kouko. I find myself thinking that either one would be a great couple. They both have flaws and they both have good qualities.

It's killing me to know however! I want to know which one he's going to end up with!! AGHG! I'm on the fence. But the one thing I do know is I want more! I want to see the end!

Beaver897 said:
Wow, Banri's so frigging disrespectful to even his best friend - what a bitch he is. I really wonder why Linda has still stuck with him, especially considering how she's the one who works her ass off to explain herself and fix her mistakes to him, while he does fuck all and only complicates the situation further.

Wait what? I'm confused. How so.

I think there's so much more to this. I know people are on the fence about whether linda loves him, or whatever, but to be honest put yourself in his shoes. You hit your head, you can't remember anything all this crazy shit is going on, you really don't know what to make of it or what direction to go in. You are torn in two different directions. The person you were, and the person you think you are now. If anything I really hope kouko isnt pretending. That would be the most atrocious act known to man to fool such a vulnerable person.
lovelydeathNov 21, 2013 8:49 PM
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Nov 21, 2013 8:49 PM

Jul 2009
damn linda is really growing on me
dat mature mindset. keeping everything in and those white lies.
i official ship linda
Nov 21, 2013 9:14 PM
Jan 2013
LittleStar said:
Banri: "My boyfriend" was so funny and so unexpected!
Love this part!

I hate myself for liking Banri and Linda! ;(
They are just so perfect!
Where Kouko pisses me off almost from the first episode!
She was annoying with Mitsuo,
and now she is annoying with Banri.
I had hope she will change, but still annoying!
Why she is heroine? ;(

I know Banri x Kouko is main couple,
but Banri x Linda are 100% better...

I can't do anything more than hating myself for shipping another couple,
who don't have a chance... -.-
Because Linda is just supporting character.

I'm hoping the director would do something no other director has ever done, and have Banri end up with Linda.
Nov 21, 2013 9:32 PM
Nov 2013
I love this episode, but i dont like the ghost-taking-control part. One thing is recover lost memories and another thing is acting like other person and dont remember it.

Kouko already forgot Mitsuo and that "shoe fight" was very funny. She was very jealous of Chinami (She dont want Chinami stole her "boyfriend")

I dont like old Banri and old Linda. But the new Linda is not too bad.

There is something very suspicious, why Linda doesnt surprise with the ghost thing? Maybe is not the first time that happend. Very weird part.
Nov 21, 2013 9:46 PM

May 2009
curtis1227 said:
I'm hoping the director would do something no other director has ever done, and have Banri end up with Linda.

Christ, are you retarded? They won't repeat same fallacy like stupid director of Sakurasou who forced underdog everywhere against source material.
Nov 21, 2013 9:51 PM
Apr 2011
Blah, Kouko continues to piss me off while Linda continues to be the best part of the show. It's a little sad honestly that Kouko is a leading character, I'd much rather she be a secondary character and be Banri's love interest while he reaffirms his feelings for Linda. We'd probably get back story on Linda then.

Felt a little sorry for Chinami as the 5th wheel at the amusement park. It's clearly Mitsuo x 2D.
Nov 21, 2013 10:02 PM
Jul 2012
That Kouko impression from Banri really caught me off guard LOL.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 2012
bastek66 said:
curtis1227 said:

Christ, are you retarded? They won't repeat same fallacy like stupid director of Sakurasou who forced underdog everywhere against source material.

Wait, some Aoyama scenes were anime-only? That sucks.

Sep 2012
ahhh, another amazing episode. I'm scared. doesn't look like everyone is really having fun. seems to me everyone is hiding behind a face and these things will change the future for better or worse.

edit...

IDK about a lot of you people commenting about Kokou. she's a well written character. I've have friends and have had girlfriends that reflect a similar personality. they're pretty cute, IMO. yet again, I do for aggressive women and I love Tsundere and Yandere female characters.
Compl3teNov 21, 2013 10:06 PM
Nov 21, 2013 10:07 PM
Nov 2012
Compl3te said:
ahhh, another amazing episode. I'm scared. doesn't look like everyone is really having fun. seems to me everyone is hiding behind a face and these things will change the future for better or worse.

edit...

IDK about a lot of you people commenting about Kokou. she's a well written character. I've have friends and have had girlfriends that reflect a similar personality. they're pretty cute, IMO. yet again, I do for aggressive women and I love Tsundere and Yandere female characters.

Kouko is great, she's the only person in the group who's not hiding something lol .. she is genuinely in love with Banri.

This is all the Director's fault for skipping ONE Light Novel volume and around 8 monthly Manga chapters, that's why people don't buy Kouko's love, when in reality they went though a bunch of things together.
Nov 21, 2013 10:09 PM

May 2012
Why is Tada Banri so catchy?
Nov 21, 2013 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode as always.
I love the drama, it's going to be intense.
Nov 21, 2013 10:32 PM

Nov 2007
Tada Banri is for Kouko. Ghost Banri is for Linda. And everyone of us is happy.

Linda just had to say the exact opposite right there all over again. She is hopeless.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 21, 2013 10:59 PM

Apr 2010
My boyfriend~~~~~

Linda deserves to lose for cutting off her ponytail.
Nov 22, 2013 12:23 AM

Apr 2013
2D-kun greatest 5th wheel.
Nov 22, 2013 12:29 AM

Sep 2013
boring episode

first of all tada banri... you're a law student at a private university, and you overreact that much over a comment said between girls? -_- (beginning of the episode)

and kaga is so POSSESSIVE x_x but I'm still for banri x kaga. they could both use some growing up :p

jman90 said:
That Kouko impression from Banri really caught me off guard LOL.

lmao yeah
and 2D kun is great. that name alonel XD
mika_chuNov 22, 2013 12:32 AM
Nov 22, 2013 12:59 AM

Oct 2012
haganbmj said:
Blah, Kouko continues to piss me off while Linda continues to be the best part of the show. It's a little sad honestly that Kouko is a leading character, I'd much rather she be a secondary character and be Banri's love interest while he reaffirms his feelings for Linda. We'd probably get back story on Linda then.

Felt a little sorry for Chinami as the 5th wheel at the amusement park. It's clearly Mitsuo x 2D.

This is meant to happen, Dont take it so seriously. Kaga is meant to be built like that and linda is supposed to be the character that people want to see banri in a relationship with. There would be no source for drama or wanting banri to get in a relationship with linda if it was not for kaga. In face it he didnt meet kaga and mitsuo in the first place he may never have become friends with linda again.
Nov 22, 2013 1:04 AM

Jul 2012
Damn it, I've been trying so hard for the last few weeks not to ship BanriXLinda, but I just can't anymore. I should just quit while I"m ahead because I already know I'm gonna get fucking pissed at the end of this. ;_;

Like, I know Kaga is supposed to grow on me and develop but it's episode 8 and I'm hating her more and more each episode.

Btw to those who say Linda wasn't lying at the end, the whole flashback in the beginning of the episode was to show how she was lying at the end.
Nov 22, 2013 1:10 AM
Oct 2012
I thought that ghost would stay as a narrator of sorts, but damned, didn't think he'd actually affect the real body!

Banri needs to clone himself so the ghost can possess that. Then happy ending for all?
Nov 22, 2013 1:44 AM

Sep 2013
Banri's gay impersonation is just so damn funny XD

It's just a matter of time before Banri regains his memory it will probably become the first conflict or argument between Kouko and Banri...i'm sensing a possible break up here. Banri and Kouko's relationship started really early and there are still a lot of episodes left so a break up is really possible but if they do break up obviously they will get back together in the end she is the main heroine after all.

but seriously though, Kouko needs some major character development she still acts bitchy sometimes that's why a lot of viewers hate her(i'm shipping for Kouko x Banri though).

Linda needs to grow her hair again. She looks much better with a ponytail
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 22, 2013 2:34 AM

May 2009
GateLambda said:
Wait, some Aoyama scenes were anime-only? That sucks.

Both failed love confessions, episode 7, flashback in director's office...
Nov 22, 2013 2:40 AM

Oct 2012
Banri and Linda's relationship is my favourite thing in the show. Although I may give Banri a lot of shit for being useless, I gained some respect for his past self at the start where he overheard Linda denouncing him, he maintained his frame and cut her off right there and took the time needed before he can forgive Linda after she gave him a proper apology instead of her first attempt with the "yo wassup" and try to pretend it didn't happen.
Nov 22, 2013 3:08 AM

Feb 2012
Awesome that there was a lot of LindaxBanri scenes. Hope there's more of them next episode. I also hope there's more Kouko development where she evolves from a selfish b**ch to a worthy girlfriend.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.