Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 16, 2013 11:05 AM
May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, Sawamura has been introduced. I like Miki Shinichiro as Sawamura. He sounds like an evil Takumi from Initial D lol. I also love that song that was played when he was in the alley. A perfect song. I love this new soundtrack. Just can't wait until they get into the fight. But in a way, I prefer Miyata's counters as opposed to Sawamura's. I also like the color scheme they give him for his casual clothing. It just suits him so well. I am so glad (in accordance to the opening credits) they are keeping his color scheme in his trunks from the games.
Nov 16, 2013 2:05 PM

Jun 2012
Dat OST while Sawamura was on the screen geez, cant wait to see him in action against Ippo i havent read the manga so i dont know who will win but it will be tough for Ippo , the guy is probably the most threating guy of the series since Mashiba hehe
Nov 16, 2013 2:15 PM
May 2007
Also, Takamura's look away in the games is also useless lol He even turns his whole body

And Team Aoki's names were only recently revealed in the manga

But Sawamura is an out boxer similar to Mashiba with a long left and doesn't use his feet like Miyata. I personally feel that Miyata is the better counter puncher since he has more of a "risk" to his counters like t explained in the recent episode.

Also, the videos say 199X. At this point in the series, it takes place in 1995
Nov 16, 2013 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
Just a little thing, why the heck do Aoki's fans have no neck? lol Sawamura looks like he is fucking insane, I like how they manage to present the challengers as enemies and everytime it's like "wow now he is the real deal" but then after the new one comes it's the same concern (Hawk Bryan was portrayed also as mad but kinda drug addict and playboy, Sawamura is more like sadistic and emo idk), gotta respect Ippo's spirit too.

Really like the way this season is turning
Nov 16, 2013 3:38 PM

Feb 2013
The ost in alley and in sendo's fight... jesus
Nov 16, 2013 3:51 PM
Feb 2013
So mich chills when ever Sawamura was involved from the music. I can tell that this is going to be an awesome fight! ^^

And lolz Takamura's attempt on the look away! XD
Nov 16, 2013 5:06 PM
Mar 2013
You guys would be surprised to see who comes back during this arc. I can't wait to see him back =D.

Nov 16, 2013 5:36 PM

May 2008
Sawamura should be in Jail wth, Ippo needs to punch his face off.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 16, 2013 5:49 PM

May 2011
Lol @ Takamura. Always a riot. Nice build up for Ippo's fight, it seems like Sawamura will be a tough one.
Nov 16, 2013 5:52 PM

Jul 2010
WHAT AN EPISODE. DAT OST. DAT SAWAMURA.
http://i.imgur.com/jSQCoxT.jpg

Also, new reaction pic: http://i.imgur.com/KCm3pPx.jpg

Btw I need the OST asap.
Nov 16, 2013 5:56 PM

Nov 2007
I was so excited to see Sendo after so long long time! The Naniwa Tiger but...

FCUK! HERE IT COMES!

IPPO! ENOUGH OF YOUR SOFTNESS! GO KILL THAT BASTARD!

This is where the anime will start racking up 9s and 10s!
shanimebibNov 16, 2013 6:00 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 16, 2013 7:33 PM

Apr 2007
Just two words constantly popped in my head during Takamura's actions: "of course"

He always pulls the same stunts, but I never get tired of watching him lol.

Man this season is really packing a lot of great stuff. Sendo's come back fight is just as short as I remember it being. And finally Sawamura, so insane, REALLY can't wait for that fight!!
Nov 16, 2013 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
What the hell...
That guy is SOOO evil
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Nov 16, 2013 8:04 PM

Jan 2009
lets see if Ippo can win against a powerful counter puncher
Nov 16, 2013 8:46 PM

Sep 2012
Sawamura is soooo evil, I love it. Reminds me alot of how scared everyone was of Mashiba. Looking forward to seeing this character in action.

And I've said this once and I'll say it again:
DAT OST
Rest In Peace [img]
Nov 16, 2013 9:08 PM

Mar 2012
I'm looking forward to Ippo vs. Sawamura.

SwiftKilla said:
You guys would be surprised to see who comes back during this arc. I can't wait to see him back =D.

Well, the next episode title did say
Nov 16, 2013 9:55 PM
Mar 2013
TravSavage said:
I'm looking forward to Ippo vs. Sawamura.

SwiftKilla said:

Well, the next episode title did say

Oh woops I didn't see that lel.
Nov 16, 2013 10:40 PM
Jan 2013
I loved coach Kamogawa's facepalm :) http://gyazo.com/1e4b3d10d405267c640a7bf15ba8e9d6
Nov 16, 2013 10:42 PM
May 2007
Also, I like Rally Bernard's (I don't know how the fansubs will spell it but the game spells it as Rally) colors in this one. Totally reminds me of Bernard Hopkins. In terms of Ippo's fights, I rank his fight with Sawamura in my top 3.
Nov 16, 2013 10:52 PM
Nov 2009
Why is Miyata not among the list of challengers Ippo was given to choose from? Surely he would've chosen him instead if he was included, and it's already been established that his coach is issuing challenges to Makunouchi. Alright, Genji is protecting Ippo from Miyata... but then wouldn't he also want to protect him from Sawamura, who is being established as an equally threatening counter-puncher?

Obviously the real answer to these questions is just that the Miyata-Ippo fight never ever happens (right?), but it just feels a little bit inconsistent that Ippo isn't pursuing it at all when it used to mean so much to him. Whatever though. I guess the managka decided there was no satisfying way for it to go down and so just kind of hid from it, and if that's his decision I guess I'll just trust he knows what he's doing.
Nov 17, 2013 1:00 AM

Jun 2011
TheMindHeist said:
I loved coach Kamogawa's facepalm :) http://gyazo.com/1e4b3d10d405267c640a7bf15ba8e9d6

LMAO.. i noticed that too xD
Takamura: " Don't worry about your king, Peasants..". LOL
Ippo blushing while describing Miyata's counters XD
and Damn sawamura he's bloody thirsty!
5/5
Nov 17, 2013 1:18 AM
May 2007
sensual_benny said:
Why is Miyata not among the list of challengers Ippo was given to choose from? Surely he would've chosen him instead if he was included, and it's already been established that his coach is issuing challenges to Makunouchi. Alright, Genji is protecting Ippo from Miyata... but then wouldn't he also want to protect him from Sawamura, who is being established as an equally threatening counter-puncher?

Obviously the real answer to these questions is just that the Miyata-Ippo fight never ever happens (right?), but it just feels a little bit inconsistent that Ippo isn't pursuing it at all when it used to mean so much to him. Whatever though. I guess the managka decided there was no satisfying way for it to go down and so just kind of hid from it, and if that's his decision I guess I'll just trust he knows what he's doing.

Because Miyata has a higher ranked belt. Why would he challenge Ippo for a belt he has no reason to get? Also, Kamogawa would not let Ippo fight if he was getting those other challengers. He wants Ippo to fight Miyata until the Japan circuit wants nothing to do with him. Sawamura is a different kind of counter puncher than MIyata, but IMHO, I think Miyata, if he wanted to, could adapt to or even successfuly use Sawamura's style. Miyata can also use the hitman style, a style where he can still outbox and not rely on footwork which is also Sawamura.
Nov 17, 2013 2:26 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep. Aoki's lackeys XD

Sawamura is creepy as hell!!! O_O Dat OST

Can't wait to see this match animated. It was pretty awesome in the manga.

Takamura was so lol with his look away and how he OHKO'd him after getting hit XD Also the audience was lol.

Oh and Kamogawa saying "Erabe" was lol XD

Nxt up Vorg!! :D
Nov 17, 2013 3:00 AM

Mar 2013
Jesus... I thought my talking point here would be Takamura making me laugh like he usually does, but Sawamura... I definitely wasn't expecting any of that, oh my god. I thought he'd end up being pretty silly, just because everything about him looks like it was blowdryed upside down with such intensity that it even affected his eyebrows, but my mouth dropped open at the elbow VHS and I was sort of laughing in disbelief after that until the end credits. This definitely seems like it'll be a very interesting match to watch, at the very least. I can't wait.
Nov 17, 2013 4:09 AM

Apr 2009
As a manga reader Ippo's fight against Sawamura was...
Nov 17, 2013 8:23 AM

Sep 2010
Takamura's fight was great. Aoki gets his lackeys finally and setup for the Sawamura fight. What a great episode!
Nov 17, 2013 11:07 AM
May 2007
By the way, is it just me, or was there something off about Onosaka Masaya when he was playing Sendo? He seemed to have a softer voice and not as gruffy from his previous performances. Also, I didn't like the angle used in his smash as opposed to the angle used in the original manga.
Nov 17, 2013 12:47 PM
Oct 2013
i
ParaParaJMo said:
sensual_benny said:

Because Miyata has a higher ranked belt. Why would he challenge Ippo for a belt he has no reason to get? Also, Kamogawa would not let Ippo fight if he was getting those other challengers. He wants Ippo to fight Miyata until the Japan circuit wants nothing to do with him. Sawamura is a different kind of counter puncher than MIyata, but IMHO, I think Miyata, if he wanted to, could adapt to or even successfuly use Sawamura's style. Miyata can also use the hitman style, a style where he can still outbox and not rely on footwork which is also Sawamura.

My anime and manga memory has kind of melted into one and I dont remember if this already happened, if it has yet to happen, or if Im completely making this up, but

Nov 17, 2013 12:55 PM
Jan 2011
Takamura getting booed for winning and finishing the fight to quickly....that happens, since spectators would always think that the match is rigged.

Cheese Champion, Ippo? Well, that what we Mexicans think about Manny Paquiao at first, after he has beaten a lot of our Mexican boxers. Sometime we Mexican wanna shoot in a drive by.
Nov 17, 2013 1:00 PM
Oct 2013
Nasty001 said:
Takamura getting booed for winning and finishing the fight to quickly....that happens, since spectators would always think that the match is rigged.

Cheese Champion, Ippo? Well, that what we Mexicans think about Manny Paquiao at first, after he has beaten a lot of our Mexican boxers. Sometime we Mexican wanna shoot in a drive by.

You guys have a lot of good fighters still...

Pacman is one of my current favorites, and I'm really excited about his next match, but Im afraid that the horrible storm that killed so many people down there might affect his fight. Even with his recent losses, hes looked REALLY good his past couple fights.

Im really digging Ward, Alvarez and Martinez right now too. And I'll always root for BHop.
Nov 17, 2013 1:10 PM
Feb 2013
ParaParaJMo said:
By the way, is it just me, or was there something off about Onosaka Masaya when he was playing Sendo? He seemed to have a softer voice and not as gruffy from his previous performances. Also, I didn't like the angle used in his smash as opposed to the angle used in the original manga.

So it wasn't just me. I thought he got replaced by another VA.
Nov 17, 2013 1:47 PM
Nov 2009
Banpen_Fugyo said:
i
ParaParaJMo said:
sensual_benny said:

Because Miyata has a higher ranked belt. Why would he challenge Ippo for a belt he has no reason to get?

My anime and manga memory has kind of melted into one and I dont remember if this already happened, if it has yet to happen, or if Im completely making this up, but

At least in the anime, Miyata currently fights at Featherweight. It's also been established that the only reason he still fights in that division is so he can one day fight Ippo.

To ParaPara: Miyata's reason for wanting to fight Ippo is personal, not about rankings (since Ippo won the last time they fought). A rematch in the professional ring has been something they've both wanted since the start of the show.
sensual_bennyNov 17, 2013 1:50 PM
Nov 17, 2013 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
This new guy is even less sane than Hawk, which was already batshit crazy lol
Lots of stuff happened in this episode but it didn't feel rushed at all, pretty good.
Anyway, have I watched too much Shingeki no Kyojin or in the opening Ippo resembles a certain titan towards the of the OP?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Nov 17, 2013 6:45 PM

Apr 2009
Cheese champion? Sounds delicious.
Takamura why don't you rake in some cash before relinquishing your belt?

Looking forward to Ippo vs. Sawamura
Nov 17, 2013 7:20 PM
Jul 2013
That guy is physco
Nov 18, 2013 6:54 AM

Aug 2011
That Sendou, i hope it was longer.

ParaParaJMo said:
Also, I didn't like the angle used in his smash as opposed to the angle used in the original manga.

Yes, i was expecting the angle is like in the manga too, but heck they make it more realistic now it become less extreme..

**☾**
Nov 18, 2013 10:11 AM

Apr 2009
Oh hey, it's Sendou! Glad he's still around. The cheese champion thing really sounds delicious! XD

Based on the opening theme's sequences, I guess Sawamura is this season's main antagonist. Near the end, he keeps saying he ain't stupid but he looks totally bat-shit crazy! >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 18, 2013 10:15 AM
Mar 2013
tofei said:
Oh hey, it's Sendou! Glad he's still around. The cheese champion thing really sounds delicious! XD

Based on the opening theme's sequences, I guess Sawamura is this season's main antagonist. Near the end, he keeps saying he ain't stupid but he looks totally bat-shit crazy! >_<
Yeah, only crazy people say they're not crazy :P

Honestly I'm glad Aoki's arc is over, I'm really looking forward to this fight. Hopefully it does not disappoint. But this has gotten my hopes down somewhat.
Satouji said:
As a manga reader Ippo's fight against Sawamura was...
Nov 18, 2013 11:51 AM
May 2007
well, i hope the anime doesnt skip around too much and doesnt skip his back story with how he ended up so crazy and obsessed with meat. also, i hope they dont skip why him and sendo know each other. the anime already skipped ippo's build up to his fight with shimabukuro and how aoki created the look away.
Nov 18, 2013 4:20 PM
Mar 2013
ParaParaJMo said:
well, i hope the anime doesnt skip around too much and doesnt skip his back story with how he ended up so crazy and obsessed with meat. also, i hope they dont skip why him and sendo know each other. the anime already skipped ippo's build up to his fight with shimabukuro and how aoki created the look away.
Yeah, I was really confused by the look away technique lol, that was one of the most weirdest things I seen come out of this show, one of the other one's being
Nov 18, 2013 11:22 PM

Dec 2011
Lol don't wanna mess with Sawamura..he's got a screw loose

Nov 19, 2013 4:18 PM
Sep 2012
Hello guys
End of the this episode i heard a song and starts like flesh and blood ....
anbody knows name of song?
thanks
Nov 24, 2013 1:43 AM

Jul 2008
Oh man I forgot about the Aoki followers....and Sawamura, oh here we go with arguably the most dramatic Ippo fight of the entire series (manga included).
Nov 24, 2013 3:52 AM
Jan 2010
best episode!!
i was really happy to see team aoki and sendou and finally sawamura!!
AND IPPO FANGIRLING OVER MIYATA awww missed this
Nov 25, 2013 8:06 AM

Feb 2011
"ERABE!" Makunouchi xD
Nov 25, 2013 8:32 PM

Jul 2010
jeggred51 said:
Hello guys
End of the this episode i heard a song and starts like flesh and blood ....
anbody knows name of song?
thanks

The song is not out yet, it will comes out in December 18 along the album OST. So, we'll have to wait patiently.
Nov 27, 2013 10:11 PM
Jul 2013
really looking forward to ippos upcoming fight. Its obvious who its gonna be against. that guy is a monster, not as crazy as hawk though
Nov 27, 2013 10:42 PM
May 2007
emeraldrosary said:
ParaParaJMo said:
Yeah, I was really confused by the look away technique lol, that was one of the most weirdest things I seen come out of this show, one of the other one's being

Takamura was just copying what Hawk said.
Nov 28, 2013 10:42 AM
Sep 2013
i was used to miki shin's voice being sweet and all. hes been playing pretty boys character, but Miki as sawamura is.. awesome. it gives me chills when he speaks. totally evil. i wonder whysawamura is so twisted like that, aside from being abandoned by his parents.
Nov 28, 2013 11:22 PM

Nov 2011
That guy at the end reminds me of Bryan Hawk tbh
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shyuga8499 - Nov 9, 2013

70 by Meritas »»
May 25, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Daipyon - Oct 12, 2013

80 by Meritas »»
May 11, 4:10 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ValeBreck - Oct 5, 2013

158 by Meritas »»
May 11, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

164 by KingAFONY »»
Apr 29, 1:31 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

weiss - Oct 19, 2013

75 by Ukkaz »»
Apr 19, 10:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.