Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2013 8:20 PM

Jan 2013
What an amazing episode.
5/5
Looks like intense drama is on the way.
Nov 16, 2013 8:28 PM
Nov 2010
LittleStar said:
I don't know I should be happy or not...

Kitahara kissed Setsuna,
but he thought about Touma,
and I have feeling that because of this kiss in this episode,
in this part of story he will end up with Touma,
but I rooting for Setsuna...
also this "preview, spoilers" from 1st episode...

Also this "Because the girl I've always admired came down to be with me, and I finally got to know the person I've always wanted to be friends with."
I think girl who he always admired was Touma,
but he don't know Touma is pianist from next class,
but he sit next to see some also this song...

Eh... well... if he kissed Setsuna without romatic feelings he will be a**h***.

Outside this...
Concert was perfect!
"Sound of Destiny" I prefer Mizuki Nana version,
but Setsuna version is cool too,
but Nana is better xD

Generally great episode...
now I must prepare my heart for drama in rest episodes.

I totally like your interpretation there.
"the girl I've always admired came down to be with me", remember how Haruki said Touma is so cool and so, Touma was the one who taught Haruki the guitar...
"I finally got to know the person I've always wanted to be friends with", Haruki didn't know who the pianist next door was...
According to this train of thought, Touma was the only one Haruki was referring to, both as "the girl", and "the person". *MIND BLOWING*

Also, remember how much sleep Haruki had before and after the concert, fatigue makes people say/do weird things; at least I did when I was tired. And I'm not defending Haruki for kissing Setsuna while thinking about Touma... (Oh, I just did it...)
Nov 16, 2013 8:56 PM
Apr 2011
symbv said:
What a turn around victory for Setsuna !!

And I heard that in the VN the kiss scene is actually a sex scene ? Or perhaps perhaps it was a trolling comment that I read?

It is not......
Nov 16, 2013 8:58 PM
Sep 2013
jindo90 said:
LittleStar said:
I don't know I should be happy or not...

Kitahara kissed Setsuna,
but he thought about Touma,
and I have feeling that because of this kiss in this episode,
in this part of story he will end up with Touma,
but I rooting for Setsuna...
also this "preview, spoilers" from 1st episode...

Also this "Because the girl I've always admired came down to be with me, and I finally got to know the person I've always wanted to be friends with."
I think girl who he always admired was Touma,
but he don't know Touma is pianist from next class,
but he sit next to see some also this song...

Eh... well... if he kissed Setsuna without romatic feelings he will be a**h***.

Outside this...
Concert was perfect!
"Sound of Destiny" I prefer Mizuki Nana version,
but Setsuna version is cool too,
but Nana is better xD

Generally great episode...
now I must prepare my heart for drama in rest episodes.

I totally like your interpretation there.
"the girl I've always admired came down to be with me", remember how Haruki said Touma is so cool and so, Touma was the one who taught Haruki the guitar...
"I finally got to know the person I've always wanted to be friends with", Haruki didn't know who the pianist next door was...
According to this train of thought, Touma was the only one Haruki was referring to, both as "the girl", and "the person". *MIND BLOWING*

Also, remember how much sleep Haruki had before and after the concert, fatigue makes people say/do weird things; at least I did when I was tired. And I'm not defending Haruki for kissing Setsuna while thinking about Touma... (Oh, I just did it...)

so both of haruki statement refers to touma? but i think touma itself refer the person to be her, and the girl to be Setsuna..

And so the drama begin then.. Cant wait to see next episode
Nov 16, 2013 9:00 PM

Dec 2008
symbv said:
What a turn around victory for Setsuna !!

And I heard that in the VN the kiss scene is actually a sex scene ? Or perhaps perhaps it was a trolling comment that I read?

Just a make out scene.
Nov 16, 2013 9:14 PM

Dec 2011
Touma playing bass = EPIC WIN
I love this girl so much <3

What a great episode, I like this series more and more every week.

I quite like Setsuna too but I want a Touma ending so badly D:
Nov 16, 2013 9:19 PM

Jun 2012
She's a girl and I'm a person?- Touma
Is that bad? - Haruki
OUCH

The classroom scene with Touma and Setsuna's confession had some really great framing especially the latter.
HybridMBLNov 16, 2013 9:23 PM
Nov 16, 2013 9:26 PM
Nov 2013
Maybe there isn't a twist in his word coz Haruki didn't correct that.
I wonder why Mr.Wingman wasn't introduced as a 4th member of the band, hope he get more attention in the anime.
Nov 16, 2013 9:26 PM
Jul 2012
Dang, Setsuna moves quick. I fell in love with this anime after hearing White Album back in the first episode so I was really excited to hear it again for the festival. Sound of Destiny was great as well but its a shame we didn't get to hear their original song.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Nov 16, 2013 9:33 PM

May 2009
What a power play from Setsuna! Oh poor Touma you just hate to see this kind of thing happen.
Nov 16, 2013 9:38 PM

Dec 2012
Absolutely loved the concert, it was so captivating and it felt like I was right there with them. Touma and Setsuna's outfits were amazing. Pretty sure the woman in the audience was Touma's mother. The romance and drama is starting to brew, it's hard because I want to root for both. I was bummed out that they didn't show the last song, but I'm thinking they're saving that for the right moment later on in the series.

Also, I hate to do this but it's gotta be said once: This is how a real light music club roles, K-On!
Nov 16, 2013 10:12 PM
Dec 2012
Surprised to see Toma playing various instruments. She's really talented. Disappointing was they didn't play the final song. I expected Haruki to hug Toma when she sobbed. I wondered if Setsuna was going to lower her head more when she got close to him.
Nov 16, 2013 11:16 PM

Jul 2009
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
hoh my. oh lawdy lawd.
wuttodo with these feels.
chooo choo, all aboard drama time.
Nov 16, 2013 11:20 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:

No. It's an erotic/French kiss.
TennoujiNov 17, 2013 3:43 AM

Nov 16, 2013 11:39 PM

Jun 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
I was bummed out that they didn't show the last song, but I'm thinking they're saving that for the right moment later on in the series.

Same thing happened in the VN so don't worry.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 16, 2013 11:59 PM

Jun 2007
Kurogashi said:
WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.
hoh my. oh lawdy lawd.
wuttodo with these feels.
chooo choo, all aboard drama time.

CHOOO CHOOO RIDING THE DRAMA ROLLERCOASTER LOL...

NEXT UP: BIG DRAMA TIEMZ...
That being said, love the songs, really just hoped that the last song was played. IMO i think it would have caused some problems with Setsuna if it was played - like it probably wouldn't have logically fit in before that ending kiss scene
Live your life of freedom
Live it to the fullist~
Nov 17, 2013 12:01 AM

May 2011
That was an epic concert scene. On par with the concert in Haruhi episode 12. Was really looking forward to their 3rd song though, so I was quite disappointed they didn't show.

If I'm not mistaken, the woman in the audience they focused on is definitely Kazusa's mom. Although they didn't show her face, I went back to watch the 1st episode and matched her face with the flashback scene at the start of the 6th episode.

I'm a stern member of the Kazusa camp, so the 2nd half of this episode was quite a blow to me. I think its pretty obvious that Haruki does have some feelings for Kazusa based on the lyrics he wrote and his interactions with Kazusa, but I think he hasn't quite made up his mind if his feelings for her are love, and with Kazusa fluffing her chance at confessing her feelings, gave the initiative for Setsuna to strike first.
Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to give out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
Nov 17, 2013 12:47 AM
Jul 2018
If only the story ended here...

btw, setsuna's voice suddenly got so mature when she sung. I think they used the same from the vn
removed-userNov 17, 2013 1:09 AM
Nov 17, 2013 12:59 AM

Dec 2011
Damn. This was a very good episode...

And especially, Touma on the saxophone. That is sooooo sexy!

Things are really hitting the fan soon enough. That kiss!!! My goodness.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2013 1:03 AM

Apr 2012
Such an amazing episode!! I loved the kiss!!!!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 17, 2013 1:36 AM

Apr 2012
Let me embrace you, Kazusa. Forever and ever.
Dies Irae! :)
Nov 17, 2013 1:52 AM

Apr 2011
omigod!! The music and the kiss this is the best thing I've seen this week!
Nov 17, 2013 2:06 AM
Jan 2012
thatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisod
ethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepiso
dethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalep
isodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinale
pisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinal
episodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefinalepisodethatwasn'tthefin
alepisode.....................was it?
Nov 17, 2013 2:40 AM
Jan 2012
had to rewatch it again after that. so many things happened, my heart *doki doki*

after i calmed down, i realized that ogiso kinda forced that kiss on haruki. IT WAS DARK, OKAY? and that we won't know the extent of haruki's feelings until the next ep.

He's pretty dumb though isn't he? doesn't even realize what he was saying that got touma crying like that. Unless that was his not so subtle way of rejecting touma?
Nov 17, 2013 3:11 AM

Apr 2009
Amarrez said:
It's not over until the fat lady sings. Remember True Tears.

hahaha... and I loved that anime, unfortunately i'm so tied up with both I don't know who to choooooose.. ;o;
Nov 17, 2013 3:27 AM

Aug 2008
Wow. Most of the budget in this episode went into the songs and the performance itself (You can tell cuz the rest of the episode was heavily Shafted haha), which were pretty good, and I guess the last song should be appearing later on.

Love triangles. They're deep shit.
Nov 17, 2013 3:33 AM

Sep 2011
Bring on the drama! Looks like best girl gonna lose unless sometime happens later.
Nov 17, 2013 3:56 AM

Jun 2008
I love this part so much, that I kept a save file and keep loading it once in a while
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xof_-qTol0k

Chinese subs though...

Nov 17, 2013 4:19 AM

Nov 2009
jman90 said:
Dang, Setsuna moves quick. I fell in love with this anime after hearing White Album back in the first episode so I was really excited to hear it again for the festival. Sound of Destiny was great as well but its a shame we didn't get to hear their original song.

Their original song is the opening song of the anime.
Nov 17, 2013 4:23 AM

Oct 2009
x3mslayer said:
I'm still cheering for Touma :)

Me too, I love Setsuna but Touma deserves an happy ending.
Nov 17, 2013 4:46 AM

Mar 2008
After Golden Time episode awful letdown, this was a refreshing set of pace. Ogiso is my favorite couple for this anime, somehow this is starting to feel like white album first season story-line starting to play out once again..... As much I know for certain white album 1st was bad, I do still remember the storyline and plot, and how much horrible the main lead person is. Yet somehow, after this episode and Touma stating "white album is starting", the cycle of the main themes of the first white album is going to fruition. I feel this is the best romance episode, in the entire fall season maybe the entire year. The episode reminds me, very much of 5 cm per second at the last chapter where you just enjoy the music and the different scenes of their journey throughout the their whole time. If they ended the anime here, I would be fully satisfied with it, yet happily it's not the end. It's probably the end of the happy stuff and onto drama part of the series.

I'm rooting for Ogiso to win in the end of it all, though I also wish for Touma to have her happy ending.
Nov 17, 2013 5:21 AM

Jul 2013
ah curse you Haruki!

Touma is so much more sexier.. oh well first come first serve I suppose..
Nov 17, 2013 6:03 AM
Oct 2013
Finally... The drama begin! This is the start of a long long painful journey.
Sorry Setsuna. You are a pretty nice girl to have as a girlfriend but... I still support Touma.

But that confession... I don't think many guys would be able to reject epic confession. Even me, though i like Touma more than Setsuna, haha. If i'm Haruki, I think will make the exact same choice as him... At least in this Introductory chapter.
Nov 17, 2013 7:04 AM

Jun 2008
Just explained to two other people that felt they were "cheated" by Satelight, because of the song was not included....lol people who haven't played the VN yet.

Nov 17, 2013 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
And now comes the romance and drama. I cant wait.
Nov 17, 2013 7:48 AM

Aug 2012
This episode was like, the most perfect yet most imperfect episode of the series, if anyone actually knows what I mean.

Edit: Really, though, mad props to Kitahara's voice actor, especially during the time he was talking to Touma. The way that his breath was airy while talking to her felt so sincere, concerned, and downright breathtaking because of how strong I, myself, can feel Kitahara's emotions through his voice. That was such a masterful scene for me, no matter how subtle or small the aspect I'm praising may be.
Beaver897Nov 17, 2013 7:53 AM
Nov 17, 2013 8:05 AM

Aug 2010
Oh damn it's on. I was trolled so bad by the first episode. They made it look like he liked Touma.
Ragna92Nov 17, 2013 8:20 AM
Nov 17, 2013 8:10 AM

Sep 2013
MEN, FINALLY A KISS....i was totally 100% sure that Haruki like Touma because i got a lot of Touma x Haruki vibes in this episode but after that kiss i don't know anymore.

Nice job Setsuna i'm rooting for U but a lot can still happen in the remaining episode. This is getting really intense.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Nov 17, 2013 8:17 AM

Aug 2010
Damn that was unexpected. I thought he will choose Kazuza over Setsuna... And when I'm hoping for Kazuza route too...

Could someone who've played the VN give me some spoiler? Did that scene happen in both route or exclusive for Setsuna route... If this scene locked the story to Setsuna Route then I will "DROP" this anime!!! Nah, just kidding. It's one of the best anime this season IMO, so I will see it till the end even if the ending doesn't come out as a I hope for...

I guess I just need to play the VN and play Kazuza route myself if that happen, lol.
Nov 17, 2013 8:27 AM

May 2011
I'm loving this series. The pacing is great and it all feels natural. Easily my favorite show of the season.

Also, that was the best concert scene I've seen since Hinagiku performed Zankoku no Tenshi no Teze in Hayate S2
A Humble Pawn of the Hakuou Gakuin Seitokaichou, Hinagiku Katsura!
Nov 17, 2013 8:51 AM

Sep 2011
hiruman said:
Damn that was unexpected. I thought he will choose Kazuza over Setsuna... And when I'm hoping for Kazuza route too...

Could someone who've played the VN give me some spoiler? Did that scene happen in both route or exclusive for Setsuna route... If this scene locked the story to Setsuna Route then I will "DROP" this anime!!! Nah, just kidding. It's one of the best anime this season IMO, so I will see it till the end even if the ending doesn't come out as a I hope for...

I guess I just need to play the VN and play Kazuza route myself if that happen, lol.

This is an Introductory Chapter and it has NO ROUTES. Meaning, all the events in IC will just happen naturally.

Various routes are on the 2nd chapter, which is known as Closing Chapter, and the existence of Kazusa's route is on the 3rd chapter, which is known as Coda.

Nov 17, 2013 9:45 AM

Jun 2013
As a fellow guitar player I had a huge smile on my face when Haruki pulled off that solo (still have it actually)!

I have a feeling that Haruki likes Touma more and he will regret not dodging Setsuna soon enough... Just no Nice Boat endings please!!!
Nov 17, 2013 9:56 AM

Aug 2013
wait wait...wat? ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.....wat was that? uhm i dont understand he...accepted her?

after all that development between Touma and Haruki,after all that light shone on Touma...the hell?

i r officially confused D:
Nov 17, 2013 10:08 AM

Sep 2010
I think kitahara miscommunicated to touma thus she took it as an indirect rejection. The flower he always admired was her...and the girl he wanted to be friends with is setsuna.

That's why he thought of her before he kissed setsuna.

and looks like toumas mother attended the concert. I predict she was impressed by toumas performance and invites her to paris...which fixes her university problem and also now....her broken heart.
Nov 17, 2013 10:25 AM

Jun 2008
FYI, pay attention to the crowd, there are some faces that you want to remember.

Nov 17, 2013 11:40 AM

Dec 2009
Amarrez said:
It's not over until the fat lady sings. Remember True Tears.
Nov 17, 2013 1:49 PM

Jan 2011

look the same to you?

blowing my mind White Album i knew those two looked familiar
Nov 17, 2013 2:06 PM
Nov 17, 2013 5:08 PM

Sep 2011
I'm scared to see the next episodes xD The drama part begins! I love Touma and Setsuna.
otakuclub94Nov 17, 2013 5:15 PM
Nov 17, 2013 5:15 PM

Apr 2010
Dat Tears to Tiara OP at the start.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.