Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 16, 2013 5:30 PM

Apr 2012
yaaayy character development!
good to see some plot thickening and whatnot.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2013
I haven't had a chance to read the novels, but I'm guessing that this is the point where we start reaching the main arc, in which case I can really appreciate using the first episodes to develop the characters and their relationships. I'm curious to see how Sakura's gonna remain a relevant character with her weapon and motivation gone though.
Nov 17, 2013 1:35 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

KyoAni big back with good graphics and animations. Plot driven by a narrative a tad surreal, how to give it to drink such a thing, he wanted to make Sakura into slices, out of the blue after four words, without flinching back as if nothing had to be the friend of Mirai. It takes more drama more trouble, too shallow and too goody-goody, but on the other hand, it is also full of humor, storytelling, the end result is good is what I like.
Characters grew and funny, I like that also! Like several reminders seen during the story. ^ _ ^
Mirai true MC of the episode, the rest stand out, but they do not undermine the tittolo Mirai, maybe a little Hiroomi! LOL
Nov 17, 2013 9:25 AM
Jul 2018
Well, that escalated quickly! And here I hope that the quest for vengeance of Sakura could continue a bit longer, it ends just so fast and so weird. I have a feeling that it is rushed, thus, the emotions can not really be conveyed so well. Even though I dislike this episode, the ending has a nice setup, I love the artistic way of the upcoming event, turning the ground into a mirror like and stuff.

To be honest, at this point, I don't think this anime can turn into a piece worth more than 7.5 point, the threshold could be lower, probably. Despite the promising opening and what KyoAni wants to offer, the mixture of everything in this anime doesn't turn out so well. If only KyoAni approaches in some certain focuses, this could turn out to be better.
Nov 17, 2013 12:45 PM

Oct 2007
Maelis said:
Well, that escalated quickly! And here I hope that the quest for vengeance of Sakura could continue a bit longer, it ends just so fast and so weird. I have a feeling that it is rushed, thus, the emotions can not really be conveyed so well. Even though I dislike this episode, the ending has a nice setup, I love the artistic way of the upcoming event, turning the ground into a mirror like and stuff.

To be honest, at this point, I don't think this anime can turn into a piece worth more than 7.5 point, the threshold could be lower, probably. Despite the promising opening and what KyoAni wants to offer, the mixture of everything in this anime doesn't turn out so well. If only KyoAni approaches in some certain focuses, this could turn out to be better.

I currently have this rated at 4/10 and the high point for it seems like it would be a 6/10 and even then it'd have to have among the best episodes of the season for it's last 6 and I just don't see that happening at this rate. It's too entrenched in what it thinks ought to be important, but kind of isn't like it's embarrassing sense of comedy and half-baked origin stories for major characters at this point to be able to pull of much even during what will likely be the closest it has to a decent arc.

Also worth noting, post count way down after this episode compared to last week proving to me that what people really want out of Kyoani is just another big spectacle of dance sequences and cheesy comedy. Honestly I kind of agree with people, Kyoani should just stick to those things it can handle rather than trying to do drama as it REALLY shows their shortcomings when they try to do just about anything else without an already strong source material to guide them.

Also I'm probably the only person not really excited at the whole title drop thing. For one it was kind of just eh as a cliffhanger, for another the show has fumbled just about every dramatic thing it has tried to do so far so I just can't see whatever is coming being particularly different. Really it wouldn't even surprise me too much if it still maintains the goofy tone and one note fetish gags as the main form of interaction between the cast.
PeacingOutNov 17, 2013 12:51 PM
Nov 17, 2013 1:05 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Also worth noting, post count way down after this episode compared to last week proving to me that what people really want out of Kyoani is just another big spectacle of dance sequences and cheesy comedy. Honestly I kind of agree with people, Kyoani should just stick to those things it can handle rather than trying to do drama as it REALLY shows their shortcomings when they try to do just about anything else without an already strong source material to guide them.

I think it would be more accurate to say that what people really want out of animation is big spectacles, whether or not KyoAni provides it is irrelevant.

What most people disagree with you on is that there are "KyoAnimanics" out there that will support everything that KyoAni does, that is patently false. You have the relationship backwards. KyoAni is trying to appeal to that market, when they hit the target THEN people buy their product, there is no one waiting to buy KyoAni stuff. Now there is a certain expectation with KyoAni because their art is so far superior to most other weekly production studios, so people want KyoAni to do a show tailored to their tastes, but that is something different than what you are saying.

The other point you make that I disagree with is that the appeal for shows like Infinite Stratos, or Idol shows, or anything like that says something negative about Japan. It really doesn't. There is no country in the world that has what I (and you) would judge as quality pop culture. Now I personally find the obsession with AKB to be ridiculous, but this is by no means restricted to only Japan (K-Pop uses the same formula, and in the US while we don't worship the same idols, we still have our own idols that we worship).

You try to use the success of KyoAni shows as proof that Japanese taste sucks, but what you ignore is that every season there are several shows that you do like which argues against your argument. While these shows don't have the sales we would hope for, they obviously earn enough to encourage companies to continue to make such shows. I don't know too many countries that have the same variety of interesting shows on such a timely schedule.

Oh, as for the popularity of last week vs this week meaning anything, you are reading too much into it. Last week was commentable for various reason, but as I said last week, even if there was a bump in the show because of the idol joke, the series was going to lose popularity because of it. That has been demonstrated.
Nov 18, 2013 12:09 AM

May 2012
Best episode yet.
I just notice that Sakura is really cute/hot and I'm glad they were able to make up. :)
Nov 18, 2013 5:59 AM
Nov 2013
Getting awesome so far..love the dance last episode..I wish the fighting could've been longer but good nonetheless. Does the light novel only have 3 volumes or is the author going to make more? I just don't want this anime to end ahaha..at least have 2 seasons..or more
Nov 18, 2013 1:21 PM

Feb 2013
5/5
Cool action moments, also very nice slice of life. + Hiroomi and Akihito - EPIC ^^ I'm not dissapointed, and waiting for next ;)

Nov 18, 2013 6:03 PM

Feb 2013
I think The Society and The Nase family are the ones who are behind all these ruckus. >.<!!(especially Izumi and that old guy sitting on the chair)
Nov 19, 2013 2:27 AM

Sep 2012
Lmaoo Mirai reminds me of a grandma with her encyclopedia of gardens, pink sweater and when she tells the baseball team off.
Nov 19, 2013 7:10 AM

Jul 2013
bakcheia said:
In terms of visuals/aesthetics I'm totally, 100% in love with this show. Hell, I really like the entire concept of the show and the characters we have been presented with as well. Unfortunately. I feel like in terms of the other story elements that are vital to the success of this anime like character development, plot, and dialogue... it fails on many levels. This lukewarm episode just solidified that as well.

I want to love this show so badly because it has phenomenal potential to be a fantastic slice-of-life/action anime (and because I love everything I've seen from KyoAni), but I just cannot get on board with how disjointed everything feels. :( Now with the title drop I hope KnK kicks it in to gear with these last few episodes.

Pretty much that.

Previous episodes feel like preludes or minor plots rather than actually a series, hopefully next episode onwards it picks up.
One day we will come upon each other, and for that day my claws, teeth, ears, hands and hair are at the ready.
Nov 19, 2013 8:32 AM

Oct 2011
Glad that Mirai and Sakura made up with each other, looking forward to seeing more of Sakura. With the "kyoukai no kanata" at the end of this episode, looks like the show is gonna pick up the pace prett soon!
Nov 23, 2013 4:13 AM

Aug 2013
When they showed that image of the man giving the sword to Sakura i noticed who was the guy. huumm What is he up to??
Nov 23, 2013 7:08 AM

Sep 2012
Sakura was cute when she's a little kid

Lol @ naked salarymen

Finally, the issue with Sakura was ended.

I think I've seen that guy before, what is he planning to do?

Kyoukai no Kanata.. can't wait next week.. The Calm is coming
Nov 23, 2013 6:12 PM
Aug 2011
The pacing was so bad and awkward here.
Nov 24, 2013 3:44 PM

Feb 2011
The fighting was pretty good xD
Nov 28, 2013 8:29 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, they mentioned the title this episode! Something is bound to happen now. Hopefully more interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 5:57 PM

Jan 2010
the title dropppp *_*
Dec 1, 2013 4:47 AM

May 2013
The calm and beyond the boundary.
shits gonna happen. bitches will die
Dec 7, 2013 6:25 PM

Jun 2012
Nice episode =')

Jan 3, 2014 1:51 AM

Oct 2012
It seems a bit too easy to convince Sakura.. Oh well
So, the association of spirit hunter.. or whatever
He's the bad guy?

Poor weapon.. she just threw it away (Ending illustration card)
"Signature removed"
Jan 9, 2014 7:38 AM

Oct 2012
Nice episode, so we had the flashback of Sakura's past.
Damn Mitsuki sure punished her bro quite hard, i don't think he deserved it (^^) Yet again we get some fetishes talk ( i start to think this show isn't about dreamshades but more about why glasses and little sister should be praise XD.
Sakura will transfer at their school, great more fight upcoming !! That kick-hide at Sakura and Mirai reaction at those shoes, that was so funny and Mirai in swimsuit was great also. In the end Sakura and Mirai made up.
Jan 24, 2014 4:01 AM

Jul 2013
Sounds like the final stage of this anime is beginning.
Jan 27, 2014 11:20 PM

Jul 2012
oh god, that Calm is impressive (but beautiful), things will be interesting soon, let`s go!
Mar 10, 2014 10:49 AM
May 2012
Sakura gave up on her revenge easily, but I am glad she did. It's nice to see Mirai and Sakura in good terms again.
So the guy who gave Sakura the weapon was that glasses guy who seems arrogant. I knew that he was trouble, had a feeling that he was.
HND48 looks awesome :3 Those two are talking about their fetishes again ahahaha.
I wasn't ready when Izumi said "Kyoukai no Kanata". It looks beautiful though, it's like a mirror. I guess things will start to get really interesting!!!
Apr 1, 2014 11:12 AM

May 2012
That man is up to something... the episode was pretty nice in both character and story development, so I wonder what's next!
Apr 8, 2014 3:35 PM

Apr 2013
How anti-climatic, Sakura's development was just too fast.
That among other problems like awkward pacing, lack of focus, bland action scenes (yes even with the great animation) etc. Well, at least the ED is still fantastic, and I do still find the story to be interesting.
May 16, 2014 12:22 PM

Aug 2007
Can't wait to see what happens next!
I'm glad they didn't drag the Sakura conflict too long, since it was obvious she isn't the revenge seeking type.

Jun 5, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
That spear... I want it.
Jul 22, 2014 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
lol she replaced his cd's O i'd be pissed XD
well looks like sakura will finally stop attacking Mirai hopefully
good episode
love the fighting in it
[/quote]
Nov 2, 2014 10:31 PM

Aug 2007
Lycan said:
Can't wait to see what happens next!
I'm glad they didn't drag the Sakura conflict too long, since it was obvious she isn't the revenge seeking type.

Yeah and she would've made for a kind of lame main villain.
Jan 6, 2015 3:17 AM

Feb 2013
Nice to finally see Mirai and Sakura make up. I wonder what Miroku is up to. Beyond the Boundary huh? i wonder what that is exactly. Looks like things are going to get serious.
Aug 11, 2015 1:35 PM

Aug 2014
I thought Mirai destroyed the weapon sakura was carrying, but then that guy shows up... I knew he was suspicious from the start.
Oct 26, 2015 9:36 PM

Dec 2013
This episode felt so different from last episode. Action is as nice as ever although the fight did feel a little anti climatic.

Dat title drop at the end!
Nov 11, 2015 5:51 PM

Sep 2012
wow, mirai owned sakura this round.

That weapon is quite intresting, absorbing Youmu,
it always throws me off when it fires.
i expect to here a shotgun blast
Dec 25, 2015 5:00 PM
Sep 2015
seeingsasha said:
I thought Mirai destroyed the weapon sakura was carrying

Yeah, I'd thought so too, especially with that last thrust. No clue why she left something that dangerous just lying there for anyone to stumble upon....

Also, funny how she berates Sakura's low spiritual powers or whatever when her own are extremely low for a Spiritual Warrior.
Jan 1, 2016 9:11 AM

Apr 2015
Too many times here Kyoto fail to match the atmosphere to the pressure and speed of the plot and muddle the sequence. Despite the quality of the visuals and the likability of some characters this problem is recurring through to EP7 and is hindering the enjoyment of the series a lot. Hoping for a fast recovery.
LanzJan 1, 2016 9:16 AM
Jan 25, 2016 9:18 PM

May 2014
It doesn't get any worse than this right? What a shallow revenge plot. Wayyy to shallow.
6/10 best, good animation.

Shit plot execution confirmed?
Mar 11, 2016 7:04 AM

Apr 2015
This episode bored me imo. It's good that Sakura stopped her plans on killing Mirai, but the characters, including her, seem to lack any development whatsoever.

She literally went from "I must kill Mirai because she killed my sister blablabla...", to "'Kay, we're friends now" like nothing even happened in the first place.

To top it off, her objective in the earlier episodes was to kill Mirai to avenge the death of her sister, and then she said that she's trying to kill her just because she wants to keep the weapon the juice box guy gave her.

Luckily, I won't be dropping this even after seeing this episode. Although this episode is way better than the previous one, things still remain horrible af. Hopefully they can compensate for the boring episodes. The title drop should be a good sign.

I don't know anymore. I'm blabbering at this point and I'm already sleepy. I bet no one will understand what I just said.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 1, 2016 7:07 AM

May 2016
This one lacked profoundness i mean it just isn't credible that someone who's ready to kill people will accidentally be sheltered by the guy who's friend with the actual target.
Jun 15, 2016 8:53 AM

Feb 2016
This one lacked profoundness i mean it just isn't credible that someone who's ready to kill people will accidentally be sheltered by the guy who's friend with the actual target.
Oct 21, 2016 5:43 PM
Jul 2018
Great episode there.
The pace was fast and cool. The action was great, Mirai is a cute badass *.*
Loved how Sakura was able to let go of her revenge and bond with Mirai again XD

Next episode seems very interesting... Beyond the Boundary *.*
Mar 15, 2017 4:32 AM

May 2016
Great episode expect from the fact they chose that fighting place,seriously A sewage....
Sep 4, 2017 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
Sakura is saved! :)
Wonder who the old man is related to or just a random bad guy.
Mar 9, 2018 2:49 AM
Dec 2017
i never knew that Mirai stronger then Sakura also finally some action.. Mirai and Sakura getting close together.. that's awesome
Feb 9, 2019 4:27 PM

Nov 2017
this was like the most boring thing ever

Jul 2, 2020 1:33 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Aki and Hiromi perverted scenes of joke never missed the chance to make me laughed. Wth with that yaoi shit flash clip on the background? Lol.

Sakura's problem. Kuriyama serious mode make her difficult to be defeated. Sakura's knew that, even if her weapon had more power, Kuriyama still over powerred and rekt her will with Kuriyama's infinite changed of blood. A lot of effort make their battles comes differently from the previous matched. Unfortunately that Sakura's motive got used by some random guy on the background. Thats the glasses man i've seen in the battle versus shadow youmu thingy. All shit going to be complicated as the real boss finally came to the party.

Its Nagi called Kyokai no Kanata. The title, finally revealed its appearance. Lets see wtf was goin on with that named.
badabassJul 2, 2020 1:40 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 12, 2020 9:50 PM

Jan 2020
yayy back to the action and story <3

okay the animation is just epiccc
and dat enemy man he always looked sus to me.

i did like the way mirai and sakura got their problem resolved. at first i thought mirai was gonna tell sakura to kill her, then sakura resists "somehow" and then they become friends again like nothing happened. I'm glad that wasn't as predictable (to me at least). :D

excited for the next episode <33
Sep 30, 2021 6:42 AM

Nov 2013
Lame...

It felt like Sakura and Mirai could've resolved the issue by talking a little. The whole murder-intent feels dumb now.
Sakura gave up on revenge too easily and quickly. Didn't feel genuine at all... 2/10
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.