Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Would you like the Anime to have a second series?
Nov 11, 2013 6:27 AM
Nov 2013
First time posting, long time observer. So I am a student and for one of my projects im doing about anime and I've chosen the anime "Ghost Hunt" to focus on. Basically from the responses I get from this questionnaire, I'll be using the answers to guide me in what exactly is expected from Fans of Ghost Hunt when they watch the show. Reply if you can. Also, I've been thinking about doing an online chat with fans of "Ghost Hunt" So if you're interested, message me :)

What do you like about the anime?
Were you satisfied of how the anime ended?
If yes, do you like the original intro?
What emotion do you feel when listening to the theme music of the opening intro?
Could the intro be improved in anyway?
Would you prefer seeing clips of the anime within the opening intro?

What tone would you prefer in the new series opening? Tick as many that apply.
More Gore
More Horror
More Romance
More Action
More Humour
More Drama
Nov 11, 2013 7:33 AM

Jul 2012
its like most haunted but better
no, i wish it carried on
been a while since iv watched it
again been a while
dragonball z, pokemon, digimon, yugioh, did it and i dont see why not

i say let it be a bit more darker, its creepy but i say let be even creepier
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Nov 11, 2013 9:44 AM

Oct 2012
I liked ghost hunt....
'Stay gold'
-Nenthus
Nov 11, 2013 9:57 AM

Mar 2011
This belongs in a subforum but whatever.

What do you like about the anime? I like the stories in the arcs which are interesting, they have good pacing and enough exposition to keep you entertained. The characters were also rather likable. Not so much a horror but an action. It's actually very similar to Mushishi in regards.
Were you satisfied of how the anime ended? The final arc was good however it was just another arc. It wasn't a conclusion.
If yes, do you like the original intro? I can just about remember the intro, it wasn't great. Too boring.
What emotion do you feel when listening to the theme music of the opening intro? Don't remember.
Could the intro be improved in anyway? The music was too bland and the animation was just dull.
Would you prefer seeing clips of the anime within the opening intro? Nope.

More Gore - no
More Horror - yes if it's the right sort.
More Romance - yes.
More Action - the series had the right amount.
More Humour - Right amount.
More Drama - Right amount.
Nov 11, 2013 10:13 AM

Sep 2012
Didn't like it that much.

It was always the same formula in most arcs: New case, the old woman is useless, the monk only helps a little, the priest is useless too, the medium chick falls from a window or stairs, the mc girl have a dream and the narcissist dude saves the day.

I read a little about the original story and it was way more interesting than the anime, telling the back story of Naru and why he was in Japan.
Nov 11, 2013 2:33 PM

Aug 2010
What do you like about the anime? Really liked the whole spooky atmosphere, plus the OST was really good.
Were you satisfied of how the anime ended? I was pretty happy about the ending, but I still wanted more
If yes, do you like the original intro? The song
What emotion do you feel when listening to the theme music of the opening intro? Really got me into the mood of watching the show, hardly skipped the opening
Could the intro be improved in anyway? It was good, would have been better if they showed some clips
Would you prefer seeing clips of the anime within the opening intro? I would have, but it was good the way it was

More Gore
More Horror[X]
More Romance
More Action
More Humour
More Drama
Nov 11, 2013 2:35 PM

Jul 2012
I voted for Maybe because I would be interested to see more of the horror/mystery genre being aired, but at the same time, I did not like the show that much. It was just too bland in terms of main characters and the stories did not manage to frighten me at all (and I'm usually easily scared by anything) except for the Doll House Arc which turned out to be a disappointment.

- It was interesting to see a form of Ghost busters. I did like the group dynamic sometimes and I enjoyed the side characters.

- No. Not really. The entire show was too linear and didn't have a main plot focus.

What emotion do you feel when listening to the theme music of the opening intro?
- I usually skip it. Don't really love it, or hate it.

Something like Gosick's ED, Vampire Knight or Death Note's OP would be more suitable. A gothic-like feel.

If they were well executed and fitted the music, yes.

More Gore [x]
More Horror [x]
More Romance - No. I hated the forced romantic moments between the main leads. They are not even compatible.
More Action [x]
More Humour - No thanks. I want a pure horror...
More Drama - No Mai drama plox

Jauregui said:
It was always the same formula in most arcs: New case, the old woman is useless, the monk only helps a little, the priest is useless too, the medium chick falls from a window or stairs, the mc girl have a dream and the narcissist dude saves the day.

QFT. +1
Nov 24, 2013 4:01 PM

Jun 2007
- Well, I haven't really found a lot of "Ghost" themed anime, so one focused around Ghost Hunting was something I really found nice, being that I've always been drawn to "Ghost" stories and such (even though I'm quite easily frightened by them). Also the series had actual moments that really creeped me out, like the "doll" arc (I can't stand dolls), even if they weren't that scary, while also having a great cast, humor and music.

- In one way yes, but in another no. I'm satisfied that the series was left "open" ended, so that they might continue it if they want to, but at the same time, ending it just without any real type of ending felt kinda weak.

- Kinda, but I'd still say that it'd fit better as a bgm, and that they should have gone with a song with vocals.

- Dunno, can't really say i felt any specific emotion by listening to the opening.

- Well as I said, I'd prefer a song with vocals. I think that something along the lines of Origa, Buck-Tick or Konomi Suzuki's "Choir Jail" could be fitting.

- Well I'd like to see something else than an opening like Ghost Hunt used, that animation was not really something I wanted to see many times as it was kinda boring.

More Gore
More Horror X
More Romance
More Action
More Humour X
More Drama
Nov 30, 2013 1:21 AM

Dec 2012

* Real sense of creepiness.
* Variety of paranormal phenomena.
* Variety of approaches to para-normality.
* A very clumsy sentai work, usually funny, but as the different cases go, developed as supportive and caring without cheesy feelings.
* Mixed cast of young adults, not necessary students or not necessarily going to school :)

So many questions on the OP could be justified if the source has enough material for a second season, which it hasn't.
Second, the last case (The Lost Children) comes as repetitive compared to the previous cases. Basically, the anime ends with a cliffhanger and as a teaser in regards to Kazuya's abilities and personal story, and youknowwho else's, which was never written. I don't remember what exactly happened, but around that time Ono reported that she had been having health issues. My personal belief is that the real ending would have been a very dramatic and gory tale of how "the guy" from Mai's dreams had died.
So, if Ono would like to add as new this story, and they adapt it anime, a movie would suffice. Then the OP could be pretty much as the fake one posted on YouTube (the fake intro is made of images of the other arcs, just you know).

If this is not the case, the original OP worked fine for me. The music in the OP and ED is great and fits both the mood and the concept of the minus-plus "soul particles" behind the ascension, which Gene explains to Mai in end of the manga.

More Gore
More Horror [X]
More Romance
More Action [X]
More Humour
More Drama

Ticked those because I think they will be catchy for an OP of the Kazuya Arc.
zellamiNov 30, 2013 5:55 AM

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

windy - Mar 30, 2007

145 by akhorvash753 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.