Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2014 2:19 AM
Dec 2013
I hate this. Not because I hate Touma, but because I hate it when the girl accepts the boy's confession when she's still not over the other guy, and she doesn't even like Touma. and Touma is a selfish brat. If he really wanted to treasure her and stuff, he wouldn't push her like this and make her be his girlfriend when he knows she doesn't like him. He just wants to "own" her for his own reasons because he senses you still likes her. it's not for her, it's for himself. They could just expand their relationship as friends slowly. I used to like him, but not anymore. ugh

and kou is a COWARDLY COWARD
should i even bother with this manga?
iBananaMonkeyJan 17, 2014 5:33 AM
Feb 6, 2014 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
I was so mad when Futuba accepted to go out with Touma. Arrrrggggg
I was hoping so hard for her to not accept it >w< Why did that happen??? TwT
Feb 10, 2014 9:16 AM

Jul 2010
Gosh this is not my ship at all.
Kou I never heard you say he rejected her at all,Futaba never let him speak too.
Oh gosh this manga gets me mad ,but I love the drama.
Not my ship,maybe for some but Futaba will always think of Kou
May 20, 2014 6:45 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, I really hate the development. Why is there always the need to go that far with a love triangle?
Sep 29, 2014 6:51 PM

Jul 2010
LittleStar said:
When first time he honestly asked her "do you love me", she denied it...
she also haven't lot of chances and she missed it...
is not like that this is all Kou's fault,
both are stupid and act like kids...

Umm...they are kids. Whole point of the manga, lol.

I don't really know how to feel about this chapter. On the one hand, Touma is absolutely adorable, and that kiss was hands down one of the best scenes of the manga. However, I honestly love Kou. I love his character style a lot more than Touma's. When he talked to Shuuko and raised his hand to the window, my heart was honestly ripping.
I'm just enjoying the ride, I guess. I've read a lot of shoujo manga recently where the underdog wins out, so I'm not completely eliminating the possibility that Futaba might end up with Touma.

Still though, the whole manga revolves around Kou and Futaba, so I'm not looking forward to the amount of pain and confusion and doubt we'll be seeing soon.
I hope Futaba doesn't get in too deep with feelings for both Touma and Kou, because it totally sucks to be torn between two guys. Trust me.
Oct 1, 2014 9:31 PM

Jul 2013
fishergirl16 said:
LittleStar said:
When first time he honestly asked her "do you love me", she denied it...
she also haven't lot of chances and she missed it...
is not like that this is all Kou's fault,
both are stupid and act like kids...

Umm...they are kids. Whole point of the manga, lol.

I don't really know how to feel about this chapter. On the one hand, Touma is absolutely adorable, and that kiss was hands down one of the best scenes of the manga. However, I honestly love Kou. I love his character style a lot more than Touma's. When he talked to Shuuko and raised his hand to the window, my heart was honestly ripping.
I'm just enjoying the ride, I guess. I've read a lot of shoujo manga recently where the underdog wins out, so I'm not completely eliminating the possibility that Futaba might end up with Touma.

Still though, the whole manga revolves around Kou and Futaba, so I'm not looking forward to the amount of pain and confusion and doubt we'll be seeing soon.
I hope Futaba doesn't get in too deep with feelings for both Touma and Kou, because it totally sucks to be torn between two guys. Trust me.

She isn't torn, she basically gave into peer pressure. Also stealing kisses like that isn't exactly showing confidence on his part.
Jan 29, 2015 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
Honestly, I don't really care who she ends up with at this point, though we all know it'll be Kou because shoujo.

Kou was a great character, and I hoped that after he came clean about why he'd been so distant (and more than a little cruel at times), he'd start to change. I mean, sure it would have been gradual, but it would have been a start. However, he has become even worse. Maybe he is in love with Futaba, but if so, he's got a funny way of showing it, and she deserves better.

It's like they said in the manga; he was too late.

Touma... I prefer him, definitely, because he's upfront, even if he does seem a little... cunning, maybe? In my opinion, he saw that Kou was, in a way, using Futaba; she clearly feels strongly about him, and he's still treating her, at times, like total garbage. I don't have a problem with his crush on Futaba, and I don't mind that Futaba agreed to be his girlfriend.

My big problem is that Futaba does not know what she wants. This is normal, of course. She's still basically a child, and she's had such strong feelings about Kou for so long that it'll be hard for her to move on from him. Whether she's made the right choice or not remains to be seen...

She probably shouldn't be with either of them; neither choice will make for a genuine, healthy relationship.
Ph4ntomR3qJan 29, 2015 1:17 PM
Bittenfeld said:
To tell you my honest feelings, Admiral Müller, as the groom at a wedding ceremony, the Kaiser is simply just a handsome man, I'm afraid to say. But as the supreme fleet admiral who leads entire fleets, he's really a godly person. Don't you think so, too?
Müller said:
I think he's quite godly as a groom, too.
Feb 1, 2015 2:24 AM

May 2014
This chapter was so heart breaking! Poor Kou ;_; But Murao is right: " It's too late now. Idiot..."

Even if you like her, Touma, she definitely didn't enjoyed that kiss as much as she enjoyed the one with Kou.
Feb 5, 2015 4:06 AM

Jan 2013
Great, this is going back to the old Ao Haru ride.
I liked it.
Apr 15, 2015 10:47 AM

Jan 2014
Toumaaa <3 I really hope she'll stay with him, even though I know it's virtually impossible xĐ
Jul 30, 2015 9:11 AM

Aug 2013
Futaba, wtf are you doing? 0.0
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 30, 2015 7:30 PM

Jan 2015
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TOUMA
Jul 8, 2016 10:18 PM

Feb 2013
They look so cute together <3
Jan 30, 2019 9:03 PM

Jun 2015
I don't mind Touma but he is a little bit too pushy.
:)
Dec 4, 2019 10:02 AM

Jan 2016
NTR ffs

Disgusting
Aug 15, 2020 1:54 PM
Jul 2020
I mean it's kinda obvious that Futaba and Kou will end up together so I already feel sad about Kikuchi - he really is hella cute and behave good towards Futaba 💔
Jan 27, 2021 8:49 AM
Dec 2017
what the fuck was reading this manga thinking it'll be nice and cute with kou and futaba dafuq happen here
Oct 13, 2021 2:56 AM

Dec 2016
Vol. 9 is the most depressing one. it is very sad how things turned to be for Kou. Also, Futaba very simp,

Completely dislike this volume.
MH93Oct 13, 2021 3:13 AM
Jul 15, 2022 4:33 PM

May 2010
I'm so mad, on the one hand I really like Touma, and the kiss was super sweet, but I can feel SO SO MUCH he's rushing into this and is in desperate need of Futaba's attention. That's no way to create healthy relationship mai boi.

Kou is clearly the endgame in this series either way, so we are here just to suffer more later, sigh.
Aug 4, 2022 7:56 PM
Feb 2021
tingy said:
peix said:
NO NOT MY SHIP

^THIS :(

Although I am happy for Touma, really, I am. He's a nice guy. But in a way, I do think he did force Futaba into a corner, saying that he can't wait any longer. I know not everyone has the time or patience to keep waiting, but I don't think Futaba is ready to be in a relationship. YET, it depends I guess. Some people can start liking someone else more after being in a relationship...it's like the old days with arranged marriages, a lot of them do end up really happy (not all but that's not the point). Though that's an extreme case, and in this case, Futaba has already seen Touma's positive traits and feels comfortable with him, so all that's left is to have romantic feelings for him. And despite how cute the kiss was at the end, and Futaba thinking "for now, I will continue this calm, gentle love," I don't think Futaba enjoyed it as much as she did with Kou's AND I think it was too soon for it, especially because Touma knows that Futaba still isn't completely over Kou yet. But if Kou doesn't initiate or anything, I think there's a chance that Futaba could fall in love with Touma. Ugh, this manga screws over my feelings because I really want to root for Touma but I can't fully do so because...

Kou's expressions. They hurt :( People seem to dislike Kou a lot, and yeah, he did have a lot of chances, but it's too bad he messed up his timing with things. Murao seems to be feeling bad for Kou too. Honestly Kou isn't that terrible, he's just really really serious about everything, especially how he wanted to end things with Narumi properly before pursuing Futaba, but that took too long and in the process he hurt Futaba. He could've tried to explain things with her but he didn't. Still, people seem to forget that Kou had been hurt in a different way before, and only recently started opening up to people (Kominato for one). I just think that now that he's gotten his feelings sort out, he should be able to get some happiness too. I started tearing up when I saw Kou's face after he heard that Futaba is going out with Touma, and then the whole part where he put his hand on the other side of the window from Futaba...that was so beautiful yet so sad. Honestly I just hope everyone's happy in the end.

Anyways, not like anyone's going to read my wall of text, just wanted to get my confused feelings across :P

Very late, but I read it! And this is probably the comment I most agree with in this thread (of the ones I've read so far). Where I think our opinions differ is with Touma though. The amount of pressure he's been putting on Futaba makes me uncomfortable. When he first started going after her as well, he did it when he did it to take advantage of her broken heart. All that's been setting off some red flags for me.
Aug 4, 2022 11:19 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Sayumi_Teyatsu said:

Haha, thanks for reading my comment! XD It's been so long, but I've re-read the manga a few years ago and I do remember how I felt about Touma then. And I agree with you, he made me more uncomfortable the second time around. My comment from 2013 must've been me trying to see the good in everyone, and although he's not a bad person, his pushy approach was definitely "wrong".

Congrats on your first post, btw ^^
Oct 21, 2022 9:00 AM

Jun 2013
You snooze you lose.
Apr 1, 2023 5:24 PM
Jan 2021
Crava logo uma estaca no meu peito Jorge, que dói menos..!
Jun 3, 2023 6:33 AM
Oct 2022
MY HEART OMG OMG OMG
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhae »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.