Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2010
It's a pity this anime score still lower than SAO, because IMO Log Horizon is far better than SAO
Nov 9, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2013
antonn said:
VoidNoodle said:
So who's the ex-Debauchery Tea Party girl that keeps on coming up as flashbacks in Shiroe's mind?

Captured & being kept in a cage at the top of an unclearable dungeon by the game's creator.

I lol'd.
Nov 9, 2013 6:23 PM

Oct 2012
Awww didnt see Akatsuki in a dress
Nov 9, 2013 6:48 PM
Nov 2013
Haha awesome episode, cant wait for the next one!>_<

Ambient_ said:
I'm surprised that exp pots aren't character bound. That's a huge oversight by the creators. They would be abused by any mmo with an auction house, especially since they're free and you get them every day. I'm surprised that this whole issue is even being called "cheating", if this is how it's always been :/

Stop metagaming! it ruins the fundamentals of the show! D:
No offence - I'm just saying it sounds like you're over-thinking it a bit d:
Nov 9, 2013 6:53 PM

Jul 2010
OST fucking gold, Yasuharu-sama, thank you.

Btw, I'm getting pretty excited now, this episode completely conquered my heart. I like where this is going. Shiroe is a fucking badass, and feels pretty realistic.

So now, they have to gather the money? I'm expecting some smart moves by Shiroe.

antonn said:
VoidNoodle said:
So who's the ex-Debauchery Tea Party girl that keeps on coming up as flashbacks in Shiroe's mind?

Captured & being kept in a cage at the top of an unclearable dungeon by the game's creator.

Rotfl.
Nov 9, 2013 7:04 PM

Mar 2012
This is the real start of Log Horizon.

Akanezora said:
So now, they have to gather the money? I'm expecting some smart moves by Shiroe.

Judging by the PV it look like that they will open a fast food restaurant. After all they have the advantage of creating food with a real taste.
NeoAnkaraNov 9, 2013 7:08 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 9, 2013 7:43 PM

May 2012
epic, i understand where the title come from now..

Nov 9, 2013 7:45 PM

Sep 2012
i wonder if they're gonna recruit minori and her brother to join LH ?
the OP just make me think that :\
Nov 9, 2013 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
antonn said:
VoidNoodle said:

This made my day. Thank you kind sir :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 9, 2013 8:15 PM

Aug 2012
Yay Shiroe made a guild and so that's where the name of this anime comes from
Nov 9, 2013 8:24 PM

Jul 2012
xchee said:
antonn said:
VoidNoodle said:

This made my day. Thank you kind sir :D

LOLOL hope that was just sarcasm ^^

ikuzak said:
It's a pity this anime score still lower than SAO, because IMO Log Horizon is far better than SAO

^
Nov 9, 2013 8:37 PM

Apr 2011
so log horizon was the name of his guild

anyway still not impressed by the anime

I'm more interested in why they are stuck the game rather than their MMO "daily lives"
ValaskjalfNov 9, 2013 8:40 PM
Nov 9, 2013 10:10 PM
Oct 2010
Valaskjalf said:

I'm more interested in why they are stuck the game rather than their MMO "daily lives"

Indeed, I feel as though that is something that should have been addressed instantly.. not sure how long the production team is going to ignore the elephant in the room, but they better stop soon. I like that they are trying to flesh out the game mechanics and the world, but that's about it.
Nov 9, 2013 10:28 PM
Jul 2013
skudoops said:
Valaskjalf said:

Indeed, I feel as though that is something that should have been addressed instantly.. not sure how long the production team is going to ignore the elephant in the room, but they better stop soon. I like that they are trying to flesh out the game mechanics and the world, but that's about it.

That might not be it. Remember, this is based upon an mmo game, why would they remove the element of mmo game in the anime? It would beat the purpose of having it based upon an mmo game.
Nov 9, 2013 11:00 PM
Jan 2011
skudoops said:
Valaskjalf said:

In SAO they are informed in the 1st ep that why they are stuck in there, and how to get out and such. In LH they have absolutely nothing, so it'a natural for it to develop slower, as they have a lot of things to do and experiments. Yes finding the way out will be touched later, after everything is already in place.
Nov 9, 2013 11:01 PM

Apr 2010
Things are going to get big. I can't wait to see how their rescue is going to play out.

Nov 9, 2013 11:15 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode.
Quite good world building.
Once they start addressing the real world I'll be completely satisfied.
Nov 9, 2013 11:29 PM

Sep 2013
Interesting so they aren't max level which means they can learn new skills, of course they still haven't shown off many :P

In allot of MMO's items like the exp pots can't be given away for that purpose.

And that's the story of the anime's name :D

Looks like Nyanta will be cooking up a storm to earn that 5 mil ;)
Nov 9, 2013 11:31 PM

Mar 2013
That title drop for the guild name xD ~~~
I totally guessed it hahaha =x

I can guess the 5mil he needs is to probably buy Akihabara ? I dont know if theres a game system that let guild to buy a town. But most probably there should be one in some MMORPG where the game let you buy or build a castle in a town and let you manage tax in the town and so on.
Nov 10, 2013 12:07 AM
Aug 2009
WHY no Akatsuki in a dress... :(
way to get trolled...
Nov 10, 2013 12:25 AM
Oct 2013
Great episode. Although totally obvious, you can still feel the emotion and how well played it is.

From the best party to the best guild. I'm pumped up to watch the next episodes.
Nov 10, 2013 12:33 AM

Jul 2013
Saburo-kun said:
um, please don't hate me, but I still don't like this series, and I seem to be in the minority group for this. I won't say why, because then people might just try to argue me or something.

I will gladly hear what you have to say. It might be legitimate. I won't bash your opinion if I don't like it, but expect discussion.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Nov 10, 2013 1:34 AM

Nov 2013
You can just tell that some shits about to go down.

Glad to see Shiro in a guild!
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Nov 10, 2013 1:43 AM

Oct 2011
I wonder what Shiroe intends to do with all that money, and how that will help him get rid of Hammelin. In all my years of playing MMORPG, it was always seen as a mark of disrespect when a new guild chose the spawn point of an older one as their own camp, and that was usually resolved via insults and harassment (yay internet!).

My guess: he will use that money to buy EVERY SINGLE EXP POTION in the market before that other guild (Black Blade?) can buy them. When they realize they can't provide them to their usual "patron", Hammelin will get scared of the potential retaliation and get the **** out of Akiba, probably leaving the low-level players there on their own (as scapegoats or just to buy time while they run away). Enter Log Horizon who wil ltake care of them. There, Akiba is free from Hammelin, and the kids are safe.
Nov 10, 2013 1:44 AM

Sep 2012
I keep getting surprised by the world building in this anime. These guild wars sound really promising, I wonder what Shiro's plan is.

I'm still a bit annoyed that nobody seem to be trying to find a way to get out of this game or at least to find out why they are trapped like that.
Nov 10, 2013 2:51 AM

Jun 2010
Holy shit that is damn badass.

You know, I would definitely love this anime more IF the characters are actually trying to find a way out of the game world. It seems like they are fine with just being in the game and trying to save the game world itself rather than saving themselves.
Nov 10, 2013 2:58 AM

Jul 2011
This is getting better and better every episode.

5/5
Nov 10, 2013 3:54 AM

Feb 2013
Amarrez said:
That title drop

^made my day! Great show, great title, just epic <3
Nov 10, 2013 4:01 AM

Apr 2012
Love the way this is going I am really looking forward to things like guild wars, and maybe large scale wars. Imagine 100 players or so clashing against each other o maybe even more in some large scale battle.

Tough one thing is bothering me. I think they are making too much of a big deal out of everything and the main characters are to "white". Like seriously they are talking about Pking and it being bad, and are overly dramatizing everything. I would have liked it a lot more if the MC was a bit more grey, after all there is nothing wrong with Pking in a game.

So yeah so far a 7.5/10 I would say.
Nov 10, 2013 4:20 AM

Aug 2012
*goosebumps*

I liked the conversation when shiroe called that little girl
Nov 10, 2013 4:28 AM

Mar 2012
No one should have had to guess the guild name, because it was written in the summary. At least it was shown in Crunchyroll's summary.
source: http://www.crunchyroll.ca/log-horizon/more
Nov 10, 2013 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
Really glad I stuck with this anime. Its starting to get good.
Nov 10, 2013 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty good episode, not my favorite so far though! :)
Nov 10, 2013 6:38 AM

Oct 2010
SetsukoHara said:
I'm still a bit annoyed that nobody seem to be trying to find a way to get out of this game or at least to find out why they are trapped like that.

IMO the fact that they're not doing that is actually one of the best features of the series at the moment. It's different from what pretty much every other "I'm trapped in a videogame" story does and it's allowing them to do some pretty damn awesome world building.
Nov 10, 2013 7:20 AM

Aug 2010
Oh God that title drop...when Shiroe paused, it suddenly dawned on me what it was going to be named. And then bam! Really got the adrenaline flowing. Only thing this episode lacked was Akatsuki. 4/5.
Nov 10, 2013 7:21 AM
Oct 2010
SetsukoHara said:
How exactly? the only thing they can do is play the game and hope to find the answer along the way, but they are already doing that. (Except those still in shock I guess)

skudoops said:
Valaskjalf said:

I feel different. We are presented with the players' perspective, and they don't know how or why it happened, they only know that it shouldn't even be possible. In consequence, they have no clue as to how to get out. They talked about fictional patterns, but that's hardly any help.

Anyway, this ignorance is an important point since it affects their ability to hope and get motivated. Considering this setting, I think it would be detrimental for the narrative to reveal the mystery too soon. And it wouldn't bother me even if it wasn't revealed at all.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 10, 2013 8:41 AM

Mar 2011
Rather slow episode, just to decide what to do, but was nice all in all.

But this anime feels over dramatized, they say its dangerous to hunt high level monsters because its not a game, but they can't die, so it's not as if its a huge deal. And the exp potion trick seems exaggerated. I want to know what is behind this story, why are they trapped? they set it up as a 'sucked into a game' world, but there is no danger, so it seems a bit lacking to me.

Anyway, I will continue to watch, its quite interesting to watch.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Nov 10, 2013 9:53 AM
Jan 2012
Man, that feeling when Shiro dropped the title as his guild name. I am really enjoying this show especially how the characters haven't been worrying about getting out of the game but, rather, how to make this new "home" a better place.
Nov 10, 2013 9:53 AM

Jul 2009
Mogami-kun said:
Oh God that title drop...when Shiroe paused, it suddenly dawned on me what it was going to be named. And then bam! Really got the adrenaline flowing. Only thing this episode lacked was Akatsuki. 4/5.

It was the same with me. And I love soundtrack and especially calmed version of main theme. Next episode is going to be interesting and I like the fact that they are explaining many things about this world.
Nov 10, 2013 10:07 AM

Jun 2013
Glad I had a glass of wine cause this episode was cheesy xD
Nov 10, 2013 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
Finally. Awesome episode indeed. I had a feeling that Shiroe would make a guild, but that final scene still gave me goosebumps. The story has just begun. Go, Log horizon!!

p.s

not enough Akatsuki T_T

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Nov 10, 2013 11:23 AM

Apr 2012
Wise words of advice from Nyakata Jouji.

babymilo91 said:

It would've been nice to see Akatsuki in those dresses.

They got our hopes up for nothing. ;_;
Nov 10, 2013 11:37 AM

Apr 2012
TehWhiteTiger said:
Rather slow episode, just to decide what to do, but was nice all in all.

But this anime feels over dramatized, they say its dangerous to hunt high level monsters because its not a game, but they can't die, so it's not as if its a huge deal. And the exp potion trick seems exaggerated. I want to know what is behind this story, why are they trapped? they set it up as a 'sucked into a game' world, but there is no danger, so it seems a bit lacking to me.

Anyway, I will continue to watch, its quite interesting to watch.

Yeah I feel the same way. I was hoping that with the fact that they cant die in the game (thank god) there would be a lot more of a light hearted feel to the anime. Its still kind of lighthearted but they could do without the pointless dramatization of everything.
Nov 10, 2013 12:06 PM
Mar 2013
Shiroe finally made a guild! :D
And the name of it... I should have seen it coming.
Can't wait for next week!
Nov 10, 2013 1:35 PM
Dec 2012
Good episode. Shiroe finally made a guild.
Gawd, I love that ED.
Nov 10, 2013 1:41 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode,even though slow-paced. I wonder about how will Shiroe s guild turn out.
I am also hoping for appearance of more Debauchery Tea Party members.
In other words,so far anime is going pretty well.
Nov 10, 2013 2:45 PM
Nov 2013
Others have noticed, most MMO's don't allow for exp pots to be abused. If they do, then it's nothing new and there is probably a stockpile already.

The system apparently doesn't allow cooking beyond your level even without using the menu, and there are still cool-downs despite not using the menu. My point is that the system is inconsistent. Some say the new trading without the system allows this. When real world type interaction is allowed to break the MMO's rules seems to be at the whim of episode plot.

I'm not sympathetic to the heroes, they acclimated too quickly. Like they have no life outside the MMO. They can't die the true death, and apparently starving isn't an issue with food availability. Making all troubles seem small and unimportant. Trapped to force interest, and dlc for new encounters. I find the assumptions of how people will act when trapped to be wrong.

But I do like MMO based anime. MMO's wasted a lot of my time. It is cool watching them adventure and fight, even if I have lot I have to ignore and suspend.
Nov 10, 2013 2:48 PM

Oct 2013
lol wasn't expecting that to b the guild name (probably should have...) really like how this is going s far.
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
Nov 10, 2013 3:24 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode dealing the the politics of a guild in an MMO. Nyanta makes a great point about guilds in MMOs being like the cycle of life, seen many guilds in WoW go through this.

Full blog post here.
Nov 10, 2013 4:21 PM

Jan 2011
The community of a MMORPG usually turns to trash once a majority of people start being selfish and start taking advantage of loopholes, other players etc. Elder tale is no exception so I understand Shiroe's desire to change mood of akihabara.
[center]
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.