Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 8, 2013 11:34 PM

Apr 2012
How many familiars is Kojou supposed to have?

And, wow, that was a cruel cliffhanger that took me by surprise. I normally monitor the progression of the video and am always aware of when the episode is going to end, but this had me totally enraptured and then ended before I could even realize.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Nov 9, 2013 12:39 AM

Dec 2012
Asagi best girl!!

Oh dear, I'm afraid she has showed her potential to be able to decrypt that biological weapon. And there are people who want her for that. Akatsuki better save her ass. At least she is not going to be totally clueless after this, and we can officially include her in the story and as a serious Yukina love rival!
Nov 9, 2013 1:06 AM

Oct 2010
awesome episode....beside the fact that, POS cunt shows up, so damn annoying..she ruined the episode for me abit but at least she got him seen by Asagi :|
I'll never say "I understand what you're going through"
Nov 9, 2013 1:33 AM
Jan 2012
I was wondering how the writing was so bad in this show (eg. not explaining why Kujou feels compelled to participate in Lion King's operatives. not doing a good job of developing Kujou's relationship with the obvious heroine lead (even though they literally have no chemistry), and why Kujou is all of the sudden investigating/seeking out terrorist groups, when he's actually considered somewhat of a danger to society himself)

until i came across this little tidbit from the lostinanime fall preview:

"I won't pretend Strike the Blood was ever on top of my most-anticipated list, but given that I rather liked light novelist Mikumo Gakuto's Dantalian no Shoka (Asura Cryin' was rather meh) and it's Silver Link's first post-Watamote production, I certainly planned on including it in the season preview. That is, until I noticed that über-hack Hiroyuki Yoshino was handling series composition. No question he's one of the worst writers in the business - equally awful with original work and destroying that of others -"

same dude who turned code geass into a confusing mess in R2, same guy who killed Darker than Black S2, same guy who wrote fractale and actually wrote that piece of shit original script for Guilty Crown. It goes on and on.
ftghbNov 9, 2013 1:40 AM
Nov 9, 2013 2:30 AM

Oct 2013
Will kojou drink Asagi blood next? Though I was hoping for Yukina to turn up instead.
Nov 9, 2013 2:51 AM
Sep 2011
So wouldn't sucking either Asagi or Sayaka's blood give him control of another familiar??? Each girl a different familiar?
Nov 9, 2013 3:03 AM

Jul 2012
He is going into vampire mode.

Great episode!!!
Nov 9, 2013 4:12 AM

Sep 2011
So much misunderstanding. HONEY TRAP.
Nov 9, 2013 4:55 AM

Jul 2013
I liked this episode, cant wait for next week
Nov 9, 2013 5:39 AM

Oct 2009
blackstar719 said:
So wouldn't sucking either Asagi or Sayaka's blood give him control of another familiar??? Each girl a different familiar?

I too think so, sucking the blood of Asagi and Sayaka ( it's obvious that sooner or later will happen ) Koujo will gain control of other 2 familiar.
Nov 9, 2013 6:27 AM

Jan 2008
Fuck. This. Shit. Cliches abound.
We have a hair trigger yandere lesbian "friend"
Aaaand a fag- I mean, gay pompous prick.
Childhood friend attempting to seduce male lead and it backfiring horribly by female lead seeing this and getting the totally right idea but at the wrong person cliche.
EVERYONE'S MOUTHS SEEM TO BE SEWN TO THEIR ASSES as in, they are incapable of explaining things beyond "Um, it's not what it looks like" cliche.
God, why do I do this to myself every week? I must be a glutton for fucking punishment...
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Nov 9, 2013 6:35 AM

Apr 2013
The part when Kojou's BL immunity kicked in was hilarious xD

Damn I really wanna see Asagi x Kojou.
And ohh what a nosebleed he had there ^_^
Nov 9, 2013 7:34 AM

May 2013
Aloxamax said:
How many familiars is Kojou supposed to have?

And, wow, that was a cruel cliffhanger that took me by surprise. I normally monitor the progression of the video and am always aware of when the episode is going to end, but this had me totally enraptured and then ended before I could even realize.

He's supposed to have 12 according to the LN, 11 more to go lol
"Why the hell is it so easy to make people mad, and so difficult to make them smile?" -Kurosawa Dono
Nov 9, 2013 8:44 AM

Feb 2013
Can't wait until next week omg, I wonder how asagi is going to react.
Nov 9, 2013 9:01 AM

Apr 2011
I guess for Kojou to control his other familiars he's gonna need more girls/blood partners?
Nov 9, 2013 10:13 AM

Nov 2010
That gay vibe on the boat xD
Asagi Omoi

The developments so far are interesting
More fanservice next week?
Nov 9, 2013 10:26 AM
Feb 2013
Uh oh looks like Sayaka has activated Kojou vampire mode.

And it looks like Aiba is about to be kidnapped.
Nov 9, 2013 10:28 AM

Oct 2011
A new familiar next week??? YES!!!!
Nov 9, 2013 10:53 AM
Nov 2013
I have some weird memory of Asagi and the brown-haired friend knowing about Kojou being a vampire in the first episode. Did that actually happen or am I just remembering wrong?
Nov 9, 2013 12:00 PM

May 2011
Prague National Theater? Oh my, as a Czech, I am honored. :D

Awesome episode, great scenes with Asagi - and what a cliffhanger, damn. Can't wait for the next episode!

And that maid outfit wasn't bad at all either~ o:
Nov 9, 2013 3:03 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. Finally, Sayaka is introduced. I didn't expect her to be that clingy to Yukina. Also, looks like Asagi will finally be exposed to the supernatural side of the island, seeing Kojou using his powers.

It sure is interesting, since Asagi looks like she is brain controlled by the preview.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2013 3:04 PM

Aug 2013
I think most people are misunderstanding Vatler's advances on Kojou. It's not that he's gay, he just wants to devour Kojou and take his progenitor powers. He already devoured those second generation vampires and gained their powers. Kojou (technically) devoured the previous Kaleid Blood to gain his powers. Kojou still hasn't awakened to his potential yet, and he still only has control over one familiar so Vatler probably sees this as his best chance to beat him. He probably still can't beat him in a straight fight with two Lion King fighters around, so he's probably waiting for his chance in the upcoming fight. At least that's what I got out of this episode.
Nov 9, 2013 4:01 PM

Nov 2012
Sayaka likes Yukina,more than friends.Getting all descriptive of Yukina's lips,neck etc.

Yukina is planning on capturing Gardos in Kojou's place.

Lol at that bedroom misunderstanding.

Kojou goes vampire mode and Asagi sees him.

Guessing that terrorist group is planning on kidnapping Asagi since she was decoding the Nalakuvera.
Nov 9, 2013 5:45 PM

Feb 2012
Wtf are people saying and blabbing about?

Sayaka, well, is just so obsessed with her relationship to her childhood friend but will soon be a rival of Yukina and Asagi for Kojou as it goes on.

SHE WILL FALL FOR KOJOU SOON ENOUGH

And as for that gay Vatler shit cunt, I dunno. Wtf Are we seeing some Boku no Pico here?
Nov 9, 2013 6:09 PM

Apr 2011
If Sayaka starts stinking up the screen on a regular basis, I may have to drop this show. UGH. I hate characters like this. I can hope she dies in some horrific way but it's probably not likely. She's probably there for 'tsuntsun' fanservice, for those guys who want a woman who's an absolute cunt to them. Dammit, why did Asagi have to interrupt just as Kojou was getting pissed off enough to end her worthless existence as a character?

At least she didn't get a massive amount of screentime. Still, just her being in the show lowered this episode's rating. If she becomes anything more than a bit character I'm dropping the show.

2/5 ... fucking die, Sayaka.
Nov 9, 2013 7:02 PM

Nov 2012
honestly I started to forget with the story :/
maybe I should rewatching from episode 1 again :/
anyway damn new character :3
and astarte in maid outfit! XD cute really cute!

and that ending..
and DAT PREVIEW!
should rewatching of course so can keep up :P
Nov 9, 2013 8:06 PM

Feb 2010
wow, so we get a mental lesbian and some random gay dude as additions to the already brilliant cast. Also more harem developments. Why the fuck did I ever have hope for this show?
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 9, 2013 8:25 PM

Mar 2012
I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like Himeragi. I liked this ep more simply because her role was scaled back a little.

It seems the every time I consider dropping this I end up enjoying the next ep. Then I get disappointed with the one after that.
Nov 9, 2013 8:39 PM

Mar 2012
wow that new girl is such a f'n bith! if I was kojou I'd just use my familiars and destroy her. she should at least expect that much form trying to kill another.

but wow it sucks how it looks like asagi will get kidnapped ( I hope not but the red eyes from the pv...). well I just hope sayaka dies or suffers
Nov 9, 2013 9:22 PM
Jun 2009
It's sad how a so called progenitor vampire gets pushed around by women so easily. Well it's pretty entertaining either way so I guess it's fine.

Asagi's getting involved in the plot, yay. I liked her more because of her unique skills. And I want to know how the other classmate's related to Kojou and the various organizations since he seems to have some magical abilities of his own.
Nov 9, 2013 9:42 PM

Apr 2012
Paul said:
This show really likes ending at the best parts don't it?

My thoughts exactly.
Nov 9, 2013 10:28 PM

Sep 2011
So Asagi gonna find out next episode, or she's gonna get her blood sucked and bam. To the people asking who those guys were at the end, they were probably the people who sent her a random thing to cipher to her computer. She was able to cipher that ancient text, so it seems they want her. (My guess on that is.)
Nov 9, 2013 10:41 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like Asagi will get abducted eh? I liked this episode, but I think the next one will be even better.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Nov 9, 2013 11:16 PM

Aug 2013
ohhhh! another hindrance to the himeragi x koujo love team. Hmmm next episode, I NEED IT!
Nov 9, 2013 11:50 PM

Jul 2013
I really like this anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2013 12:51 AM

Aug 2008
Yuri and Yaoi are flying all around this episode.
Nov 10, 2013 4:14 AM

Jul 2010
Nice episode. Cant wait for next week.
Nov 10, 2013 4:52 AM

Jul 2008
Kojou could go into bromance in this episode haha :D Natsuki just looked too young to be taken seriously especially with her face :P I wonder will Asagi find out Kojou's secret in the next episode :D
ShanaFlameNov 10, 2013 5:00 AM
Nov 10, 2013 5:46 AM

Jan 2008
Forgot to say that not since Twilight have I seen such a pussy ass vampire as a main character.
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Nov 10, 2013 6:04 AM

Apr 2011
I wonder what Asagi meant when she declared war when she was in Kojou's room?

After watching this the 2nd time, I find Yukina's passive-aggressive or cold shoulder as a sign of jealousy towards Kojou rather cute. Thought I feel bad about him being pushed around by the girls. Don't be hard on him, Yukina.

Good to see Natsuki-chan again, and she has a nice big office on the top floor with meido Astarte serving her as well. Looking forward to see more of these two.

I don't find Sayaka annoying or anything. But I think she's an interesting character and she'll probably be Kojou's next blood partner. There's still a lot to know about her besides the Yuri vibes. Oh yeah, she's wearing pink panties. <3

This sounds obvious but Kojou and co will have to fight Nalakuvera and possibly Vatler which would be exciting to watch.

*sorry for my bad english.
MagitoNov 11, 2013 7:00 AM
Nov 10, 2013 9:50 AM
Feb 2013
Fuck this shit. Clichés overload.
The MC is pretty decent nevertheless. I'd like him to put those girl in their place.
I could like this show if there was some hope for Asagi-Kojou but I know it won't happen.
The cliffhanger this time only keeps me from dropping the show. Last chance next week.
Nov 10, 2013 3:38 PM

Jan 2012
Cliffhangers all over the place!

It's not that I don't like em, but it is difficult to watch this anime with endings like that. Well, maybe it's just me. Moreover, episode was pretty good.
Nov 10, 2013 5:37 PM

Oct 2012
Stahp it with those cliffhangers.

What's with Yukina's friend? Does she have her period on heavy every episode or something?
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Nov 10, 2013 10:44 PM

May 2012
Me starting to like Asagi more than Yukina.

Decent episode. But with dat cliffhanger, next week better be good too.
Nov 11, 2013 1:51 AM

Oct 2009
Well this just made me like Asagi more than Yukina :D
Sayaka is not what I expected :/
Nov 11, 2013 2:23 AM

Oct 2011
So Asagi will get turned next epi? :( I hope not. I like both Asagi and Yukina.
Nov 11, 2013 2:54 AM

Jun 2011
Rinji- said:

Sayaka's introduction got me irritated... The worst kind of character, getting over defensive in a gayish way.

+1 And I thought that she would be kinda decent, in the end, right after her introduction, she fell under the typical yuri-like affection toward Yukina, sigh. victim of need for fanservice

parfaited said:
Better episode this week but can they stop abusing this guy for two seconds?
They beat and/or verbally attack him so long as he even dares to look their way.

Laciie said:
I actually feel bad for Kojou as a main character because it's not like he's dense (well they all are to a certain point, but he isn't over-dense) but it's just that everyone misunderstands him to a point where they won't understand what's actually going on. And I know this is common in anime, but this is like every episode, it's seriously deterring my enjoyment of this anime. The way the misunderstandings are handled is horrible.

+1
I really liked Kojou and Yukina as the MC in the first episode, they seem nice. Now, Kojou became someone who got pushed around by women, and Yukina became someone typical who'd get angry and mad over something insignificant.

That bedroom scene was kinda deja vu of Outbreak Company, and Yukina acted just like Myusel did. There are a lot more deja vu in this same season. -.-

Yukina said to leave the matter to her, but of course we know what she will just be defeated (lmao when did woman ever win when they're beside the protagonist?) and had to be saved my Kujou.

Might drop this anime if next few episodes remain this way..

kuuurt said:
So... Asagi did the enemies challenge so they're after her... roommate is gay with the female MC... all these misunderstandings... jealousy... ridiculously OP characters. God, this is so generic.

Yep, as I've guessed, it's quickly turning to shit.

+1

Xikarra said:
Fuck this shit. Clichés overload.
The MC is pretty decent nevertheless. I'd like him to put those girl in their place.

MC was decent, before episode 2 that is.

SentiNel said:
Forgot to say that not since Twilight have I seen such a pussy ass vampire as a main character.

+1 lmao.

hi-mi-tsu said:
It's sad how a so called progenitor vampire gets pushed around by women so easily.

+1

Magito said:
I wonder what Asagi that she declared war then she was in Kojou's room?

Assume that it was to Yukina, her love rival.

Guess Asagi will get her blood sucked to stop the rampage?

makarov52 said:
honestly I started to forget with the story :/
maybe I should rewatching from episode 1 again :/

Maybe you shouldn't. Nothing decent anyway, and it's into the second arc, not really relevant to the first arc.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
wow, so we get a mental lesbian and some random gay dude as additions to the already brilliant cast. Also more harem developments. Why the fuck did I ever have hope for this show?

Because of decent first episode, and fuucking Toaru-like premise, and.. MAGIC!

Toaru series is so much better, at least they're serious in everything. This seems like a joke in comparison.
ToG25thBaamNov 11, 2013 3:14 AM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 11, 2013 3:54 AM

Sep 2012
All the 3 girls (Asagi, Yukina, Sayaka) have their moments (and panty too, for Sayaka) to shine. Great! I particularly love Yukina's again trying hard to appeal herself to Kojou (and gets upset when Kojou gets the opposite idea).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 11, 2013 5:56 AM

Oct 2013
That cliffhanger cant wait to see what happens
Nov 11, 2013 7:05 AM

Apr 2011
ToG25thBaam said:

Magito said:
I wonder what Asagi that she declared war then she was in Kojou's room?

Assume that it was to Yukina, her love rival.

Yeah, it seems so. Asagi knew that Yuki was jealous.

And sorry for my bad english. It's embarrassing. -_-
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.