Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2013 3:11 AM

Aug 2008
That was nice. Banri grew more on me, even if the backbone he showed by being firm with Kaga was instigated by a mental breakdown.

I think that the ghost thingy is just a representation of a hidden consciousness of himself. Basically, his memories are in there, somehow trapped but not interacting with his conscious self. Kind of like a double personality.

She might've confessed, but I don't think it will be smooth sailing. I see a possible triangle/conflict involving Mitsuo as well. And the thing with Linda could be added to the mix too, which could make things messy.
Nov 9, 2013 3:27 AM
Oct 2013
LOL, LAST EPISODE, EXTREME FRIENDZONE

NOW, EXTREME CONFESSION.

NEXT EPISODE? MUST BE EXTREME LOVE BY kouko
Nov 9, 2013 3:37 AM

Jul 2010
Chinami's rejection is very bad.It's hell for Mitsuo.But I still love her.
I feel bad for Linda.Poor girl ...
But good news,Kaga and Tada started dating <3
Nov 9, 2013 5:50 AM
Jun 2009
Impressive double friendzone. Well, turns out he probably wasn't friendzoned by either though. Not sure if Kouko's confession was real or she just didn't want to lose him.

Chinami's rejection was hilarious. "Don't be stupid ^_^". Wouldn't wanna be Mitsuo when that happened, lol.

That moment when Banri ran from Linda to the toilet and locked himself in the stall made me laugh, even if it wasn't supposed to be funny...

Loved the episode overall, 5/5.
Nov 9, 2013 6:51 AM
Jun 2009
I was really shocked when Banri wanted to end his friendship with Kouko, but when he told the reason, I think it was unfair for him to say that. He only tried to be friends with Kouko because he likes her. And when he got rejected, he ends his friendship with Kouko. That's really unfair to Kouko, in my opinion. But, I don't think Kouko confessed to him so that she can stay with him. Well, at first I thought, but I think Kouko really wanted to confess to him even before her actual confession, when Banri called for a taxi she said something like "I..." only to be interrupted. Or, I might be imagining things.

I feel really bad for Linda. I don't know how she will act the next time she sees Banri. It's not her intention to hide the truth from him. She just didn't know what to do, just as she said. But, it must be hard for Banri as well, since, he's been through a lot and he can't even remember a single person after the accident. I don't want to lose my faith in him.

It seems like Kouko and Banri will be dating for the next episode. But, I WANT Linda for him! Who knows, there might be some turns of events.
I'm still rooting for Linda <3
Nov 9, 2013 7:36 AM
Nov 2012
This anime amazes me more and more. I love that it is unpredictable and lovable at the same time.
Nov 9, 2013 7:37 AM

Apr 2013
Exceptional exceeded all my expectations.
Nov 9, 2013 8:20 AM

Oct 2009
Kouko's confession felt off? I think she's lying to keep him by her side? Meh maybe it's my wishful thinking.
Nov 9, 2013 8:31 AM

Oct 2012
And that's how you try to get out of the friendzone gentlemen. Loving the series. I hope Linda does something as well. Because it seemed Koko just didn't wanted Banri stopping being her friend so she said that. Can't wait for next episode.
Nov 9, 2013 9:02 AM

Apr 2012
Wow that confession was faker then reality-tv.
Nov 9, 2013 10:40 AM
Feb 2013
Flash back, does Banri have to be a cry baby just because his name wasn't included in their graduation shirt? Boy , he could have just said so in a nice way instead of sulking like that. Somehow, I'm beginning to think that he got reject by Linda and in a fit of despair, probably jump from the bridge and hit his head, co'z it looks like he's planning to do it again if not for Koko.

Btw: It's a bit too soon that Koko said the "I love you" thing to Banri.
Nov 9, 2013 12:31 PM

Jun 2012
I hadn't even considered the reason Tada was in hospital was because he had attempted suicide. I thought it was just the bridge had broken or something.

RazorRamona200 said:
Flash back, does Banri have to be a cry baby just because his name wasn't included in their graduation shirt? Boy , he could have just said so in a nice way instead of sulking like that. Somehow, I'm beginning to think that he got reject by Linda and in a fit of despair, probably jump from the bridge and hit his head, co'z it looks like he's planning to do it again if not for Koko.

He was obviously having serious emotional issues considering he tried to commit suicide soon after. Also, Linda did show up, but she came too late - according to her.

You can learn all this from the episode, by the way, I haven't read the novel so no spoilers in this post.
Haunt-botNov 9, 2013 12:38 PM
Shoot first, think never.
Nov 9, 2013 12:36 PM

Oct 2013
A chapter that was many things, fights, memories, misunderstandings, sadness, excitement, collisions with bicycles.
I got hurt Rinda, but Koko's confession was even more shocking.

Nov 9, 2013 12:44 PM

Nov 2013
Man ! Seriously what is That Tada Banri problem he is too Cruel :\
Poor Linda =(
Nov 9, 2013 1:19 PM

Oct 2011
T__________________T Poor Linda. Kouko T___T
Nov 9, 2013 2:00 PM

Jul 2010
The tea club strikes again.
Nov 9, 2013 2:43 PM

Jul 2013
This was a really eventful episode.
-Banri finally confronts Koko about this whole "friend" stuff
-Banri finally confronts Linda about his past
-Banri tries to jump off the bridge to go back to his older self
-Koko saves Banri from killing himself and confesses
Best episode so far, 5/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2013 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
The Tea Club really kick off XDDD I love these girls >.<
And yeahhh Koko finally told Banri that she loves him... Now it's gonna to be interesting :3
We're all mad here
Nov 9, 2013 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
FINALLY! I'm glad Banri finally spoke up for himself. I couldn't take his hanging out with her even after he was rejected and trying his best to keep up appearances . I've been complaining to a buddy on here for the past few weeks about his behavior and so I can finally let that rest.

As it should be obvious, I don't like Kouko really but her actions are realistic and not really "anime-like". The confession at the end was so forced for her. She knows she'll have no one if he leaves and so has to cling on to something. You can say that she realized what she had with him only when he's about to leave but then again, she's the one who clearly states they're just friends before. Given the preview (and the super spoilerish OP) I'm not gonna like where this goes but I can at least enjoy the ride.

Glad to have some Linda moments but I guess I'll have to wait to learn more about what happened.

I swear Takemiya never lets my favorite girl win :(
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Nov 9, 2013 4:11 PM

Dec 2008
I loved this episode, lots of emotions were thrown.
Nov 9, 2013 5:01 PM
Oct 2013
Open-Dice said:
I hadn't even considered the reason Tada was in hospital was because he had attempted suicide. I thought it was just the bridge had broken or something.

RazorRamona200 said:

He was obviously having serious emotional issues considering he tried to commit suicide soon after. Also, Linda did show up, but she came too late - according to her.

You can learn all this from the episode, by the way, I haven't read the novel so no spoilers in this post.

this not spoiler from novel, but well if you watch the last 5 episode, Banri didn't kill himself because Linda was late, Banri was hit by a motorcycle on the bridge while waiting for Linda and he felt off the bridge.
Nov 9, 2013 7:06 PM
Jul 2013
My god, the tea club does it again.
Nov 9, 2013 7:46 PM

Mar 2012
Quite the eventful ep, liking this more and more
Nov 9, 2013 8:14 PM

Oct 2013
Ugh, how could they spring it like that among all of the other past!Banri issues?!
Nov 9, 2013 10:57 PM
Oct 2013
I think kouko really love Banri. Because the anime shorten Kouko confession. This word should be in the confession :-

"Weren't you chasing after me!? Well, this time it was me chasing you! ...I mean, look! I'm doing the catching! Tada-kun is already caught! From now on I am not letting you go!"

But, im also cheering for Linda X Banri :P
Nov 9, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2010
I really wanted to smack Banri for that "well, I'm being nice to you and you don't want to date me so we're not friends anymore" crap. Annoying.
Nov 10, 2013 1:30 AM
Oct 2013
livingdeadkat said:
I really wanted to smack Banri for that "well, I'm being nice to you and you don't want to date me so we're not friends anymore" crap. Annoying.

Ah yes, it's clearly his fault for wanting to change the status quo. He should have stayed her b**** for the next 10 episodes.

He was an idiot for wanting to be friends with her in the first place, knowing that she was planning on using him. His ability to finally move on after he realized she was still fawning over Mitsuo without regard for his own emotions redeems him.
Nov 10, 2013 1:42 AM

Dec 2012
Not sure how I feel about the ending of this episode. I support Koko x Banri but that confession didn't really feel real. They have only spent 6 episodes together and just 2 episodes she pretty much rejected him. Well if anything this episode has only made me more curious about how the rest of the series will turn out.
Nov 10, 2013 2:13 AM

Sep 2010
NeedmyWaifu said:
livingdeadkat said:

Ah yes, it's clearly his fault for wanting to change the status quo. He should have stayed her b**** for the next 10 episodes.

He was an idiot for wanting to be friends with her in the first place, knowing that she was planning on using him. His ability to finally move on after he realized she was still fawning over Mitsuo without regard for his own emotions redeems him.
I don't see how she is using him. She was still friends with him, even after Mitsuo rejected her, and seemed to genuinally like spending time with him. And I don't think you can expect someone to get over someone else that quickly, when the person has been in love with someone for years and years. I'm sorry, but the "friendzone" crap really annoys me. If anyone was using someone, it was Banri. Only helping her because he found her attractive and wanted a chance to date her. :\
Nov 10, 2013 2:14 AM

Aug 2011
ThisIsNotMyName said:
Woah,

So after watching ToraDora (which for some reason, I still want to see more Taiga) I found Golden Time, a light novel/anime done by the some person, so I had some pretty high expectations going into this.

In Toradora, I could kind of predict who was to end up with who, but Golden Time is completely different so far

It can go either way, the MC either chooses the love he can't remember or a new love.

All I know is that I can not even begin to predict who he is going to pick
:/ sadly with the OP is pretty predictable U_U in toradora the op didn't even give that much as golden time >_< Even the name is related to the event that happen to him but why did they put that OP focusing on KoKo
Nov 10, 2013 2:20 AM

Aug 2011
kuuderes_shadow said:
Ruben_Jb said:
ThisIsNotMyName said:
Woah,

So after watching ToraDora (which for some reason, I still want to see more Taiga) I found Golden Time, a light novel/anime done by the some person, so I had some pretty high expectations going into this.

In Toradora, I could kind of predict who was to end up with who, but Golden Time is completely different so far

It can go either way, the MC either chooses the love he can't remember or a new love.

All I know is that I can not even begin to predict who he is going to pick

Maybe you should watch the OP, it is pretty clear who he is going to pick.

I'm still half hoping that it's just trolling us and the second cours has a different OP/ED with Banri x Linda.

Not expecting it to happen, though.
Mee 2 :/ even the name is has nothing to do with the koko relationship
Nov 10, 2013 2:28 AM
Oct 2013
livingdeadkat said:
NeedmyWaifu said:
livingdeadkat said:

I don't see how she is using him. She was still friends with him, even after Mitsuo rejected her, and seemed to genuinally like spending time with him. And I don't think you can expect someone to get over someone else that quickly, when the person has been in love with someone for years and years. I'm sorry, but the "friendzone" crap really annoys me. If anyone was using someone, it was Banri. Only helping her because he found her attractive and wanted a chance to date her. :

Are we watching the same the anime here?

She admits to using him in the beginning in order to find some sort of connection to Mitsuo, as he was avoiding her. She admits to feigning loneliness in order to receive pity from him. She gives him the friendship mirror and constantly reminds him what a good friend he is, acting like his confession never happened in the first place. She wants to remain his friend even after knowing how much it pains him to do so.

I'm sure there are other example someone would point out but if you can't even realize this then you are too blinded by this friendzone concept or a feminist.
Nov 10, 2013 2:51 AM

Aug 2011
linda x banri!! :( i cant forget when they met for the first time the second time!!! [1 episode around minute 23:42 in my player] that was really beautiful the background music and the rest of the poeple around them black and white!!!
why they didnt put the three of them! but only koko U_U she is lovely but maaan i wanted one of those op where theres 2 girls and you cant predict whos gonna get the guy T-T
Nov 10, 2013 10:03 AM

Dec 2010
Damn, I'm starting to like Linda more and more.
Nov 10, 2013 10:19 AM

Jan 2012
Tada is so emoo. And wow that was an early confession.
Nov 10, 2013 10:24 AM

Mar 2012
the background noise at the bar was again distracting.
Nov 10, 2013 10:25 AM
Jul 2010
lame episode and lame gurl, time to drop dis shet
Nov 10, 2013 10:34 AM

Nov 2008
Oh god, tea club is just too damn win!! Confession already, hella early, she was pushing the friendzone so hard an ep ago. Oh god, i loved the drama in the toilet xD Knew it was Linda's fault. Just like a woman to be late
Nov 10, 2013 11:07 AM

Jul 2011
PnkRxPrncss said:
Oh god, tea club is just too damn win!! Confession already, hella early, she was pushing the friendzone so hard an ep ago. Oh god, i loved the drama in the toilet xD Knew it was Linda's fault. Just like a woman to be late

Rule #1 for men: If you have a date, you must arrive 30 minutes later.
Nov 10, 2013 4:15 PM

Jan 2012
Drama packed episode and it was best so far. Oh, dat friendzone. As I see, both Tada and Kaga were wrong in their ways, though Banri ofcourse was wrong more. But I can't blame him.

By the way, tea club is still funny as hell.
Nov 10, 2013 5:27 PM

Oct 2007
One does not simply walk into a room full of tea club girls.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 10, 2013 8:54 PM

Jul 2012
God, that episode was freaking golden, well other than the last minute. I'm glad Banri finally showed us what he has between his legs, it's painful watching someone go through the friendzone. -_- I was cheering when he said can we stop. I feel like the confession was a fake one and she just wanted to keep Banri around. I hope Banri rejects her and focuses on clearing up things with Linda. (Looking at the preview, it doesn't seem so D:)

Btw, the more I see of Linda the more I wish I didn't see it, because it just makes me want LindaXBanri even more. ;_;
Nov 10, 2013 10:25 PM
May 2010
Banri is being such an asshole.

He first brough Kaga and Yana together to the party thingy knowing that they just broke up with each other. And he knew full well that Kaga has attitude issues with Yana.

I mean, come on, he set up this whole thing, and dislike them quarreling over their relationship. Why does he even bother with things that concern him the least? And when shit happens, he threw her into the wolf den like trash bag.

And when she got really drunk inside the den, he rejected her as friend just because she is drunk?? Why kind of friend is he?

And what is more, he also caused quite a lot commotion while in school, with his former girlfriend. He seriously chose the wrong time to talk about lovers stuff.

He is the one who caused all these commotions, yet he didn't even regret one bit.

I am just glad that Kaga is the one who pursued him til the end. I mean, come on, shame on you man, having a girl to chase after you?
Nov 10, 2013 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty funny how Mitsuo got rejected xD Hmmm, now that Linda knows Tada remembers her and Kouko says she loves him I wonder how things will turn out.
Nov 10, 2013 11:19 PM

Jul 2013
This episode seemed so rushed to me, but it was good.

I was so happy when Tada settled things with Koko. Then I thought there was hope for him and Linda after that dramatic scene. All of a sudden, Koko stirs up everything with an "I love you." What the hell was that?

I'm excited for next week though.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Nov 10, 2013 11:27 PM

Jul 2012
jimmy2027 said:
Banri is being such an asshole.

He first brough Kaga and Yana together to the party thingy knowing that they just broke up with each other. And he knew full well that Kaga has attitude issues with Yana.

I mean, come on, he set up this whole thing, and dislike them quarreling over their relationship. Why does he even bother with things that concern him the least? And when shit happens, he threw her into the wolf den like trash bag.

And when she got really drunk inside the den, he rejected her as friend just because she is drunk?? Why kind of friend is he?

And what is more, he also caused quite a lot commotion while in school, with his former girlfriend. He seriously chose the wrong time to talk about lovers stuff.

He is the one who caused all these commotions, yet he didn't even regret one bit.

I am just glad that Kaga is the one who pursued him til the end. I mean, come on, shame on you man, having a girl to chase after you?

Wait, what? I would dissect your post and answer piece by piece but I wanna sleep so I'll keep it short. Banri for the first time is thinking of himself, and you call him an asshole? He accepted her friendship in the first place(which he obviously shouldn't have) since he knew she would be lonely right after a rejection but he noticed that he can't take it. It wasn't that she was drunk, it was her obnoxious repeating of the word friend in every sentence she says. And about Linda, he had every right to confront her, he needed to get answers and I doubt sitting her down and saying what's up would work. Yes he did it too dramatically but what works works. He got her to let it all out, which will help later on.

I do admit though that Banri's confession literally the night of her rejection was a bad move, and he kinda forced Koko into a confession right there. She didn't want to lose him and he didn't want to be just friends, so she just confessed on whim just to keep him. I doubt she actually loves him.
Nov 10, 2013 11:47 PM

Nov 2010
OH, so many good developments. loving this.
Nov 11, 2013 12:36 AM

Feb 2012
Glad I've watched this up to this point. No more pussy footing around, everything thrown on the table.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2013 1:11 AM

Dec 2008
I can only describe my reaction to this episode in two words:

Holy. Shit.

This...just got interesting. At least a helluva lot more than it already was.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Nov 11, 2013 4:41 AM

Apr 2013
Tada banri just had enough of the friendzone bs and just bursted out . But it helped out in getting Kouko to confess which honestly i did kinda expect , but just not this early so i'm hoping the confession was real and not just a pretext to keep him from leaving her side. But oh my gawdddd the episode was gold !!! The turn of events and all that.
I'm having high hopes for this anime due to the fact its by the same author that did the LN Toradora which i very much enjoy. Let the drama , comedy, and romance rollllll :)
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.