Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 7, 2013 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Linda <333

Kinda interesting to see their past I guess. LOL @ the tea party club. Hahahaha. Honestly, it's like another world in there. Let those emotions poor Linda. This episode was depressing. "YES, NO". Seriously, what the hell Banri ;.;. Oh well, at least he got a confession from Koko, felt fast though.
Nov 7, 2013 12:44 PM

Aug 2013
You simply can't hate the tea club.

Nov 7, 2013 12:57 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode once again. Tea Club being awesome as usual. Best episode I've watched this whole fall series.
Wind_SrNov 7, 2013 1:39 PM
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Nov 7, 2013 1:00 PM

Jun 2012
Well that was a game changer episode on all fronts
Nov 7, 2013 1:04 PM

Sep 2008
Nov 7, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2013
That tea club again lol. I wonder if Kaga really loves Banri or she is just saying that so he can stay with her.
Nov 7, 2013 1:09 PM

Mar 2012
I see the unbalanced sound is back with us. Now that I think of it, I'm starting to feel like this might be intentional, since it always seems to happen in places you expect to be quite noisy, like the club fair or the crowded restaurant. An attempt at realistically imitating a noisy place by making the background noise compete with (and occasionally drown out) the main conversation? An interesting directorial choice, although all it does is make the audio engineering appear amateurish.... nah, I'm probably just overthinking it and it really is amateurish. Learn to sound, n00bs! :p

As for the episode, not sure how to feel about it. Lots of hilarity, both intentional and otherwise, some legitimate "feels" in the scenes with Linda, but it does seem to be moving at breakneck pace and Kouko doesn't really do much for me one way or the other. The ED has totally grown on me though, probably my second favourite this season (after Machine Doll's).
Nov 7, 2013 1:11 PM

Aug 2010
WOW!! Now that's what I call "escalated quickly" XD

And the good thing is they handled it pretty well without making it feel rushed.
Banri went on the extreme aggressive to both girls this ep.

When he yelled at Linda and ran away. And when she was trying to explain herself. Poor Linda T_T...I wonder how she'll act towards Banri nxt time she sees him. That must have been an unexpected shock for her there ;_;

Koko already confessing may be a bit rushed and on the spur of the moment with all the adrenaline but I liked the scene. I wonder if it'll be that simple though. The pv shows them holding hands but I don't think it's concluded yet.

The flash backs with Linda. Ouch! Poor Banri. He lost his memory before such a fate deciding event. I wonder what Linda was gonna reply??

Fun parts...

Linda <3 She totally bought those shoes for Banri.

Mitsuo confessing to confessing and being outright rejected was so lol.

Lol'd at the tributes to the crazy tea club XD

Well loved this ep. Let's see what's awaiting nxt. This is a 2 cour series. What's gonna happen nxt?? There's still lots of Drama that's for sure.
Nov 7, 2013 1:14 PM

May 2013
I thought the sound was a bit dodgy, nice to see I'm not the only one, but it is a bit annoying.

Nice episode nevertheless, nice to see the tea club again and Kaga's confession.
Nov 7, 2013 1:27 PM

Jun 2013
The Tea Club being awesome as usual. Now that was really something they she caught him xD well nice episode looking foward to see how their relationship develops.
Nov 7, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
What the hell?
I started off laughing this episode cause they were putting so much emphasis on how depressing being in the friend zone could be, but the last couple minnutes of this episode got so freaking serious. Kouko confessed her love, but I was basically oblivious to that after hearing what Linda had to say. Banri x Linda all the way.

This episode just set everything up. I love where this is going and can't wait till next episode.

Lol at Chinami's rejection and the tributes to the tea club.
Nov 7, 2013 1:37 PM

Dec 2011
Banri shouldn't throw people away like that. It hurts. A lot. Too much... Whatever the reason. Get upset, yes. Get angry, yes. Turn them away? Yes. But just dismiss them, forever? No way. That's just wrong.

This series keeps bringing out painful memories. So why am I watching and enjoying it?

That wasn't even the only one this episode...

Setting that aside, Linda now knows that Banri knows about her. Though the two seem further apart than ever before, perhaps that's just a stepping stone for them to become friends again. I hope so. Or, to put it in a way Banri would understand, for Linda to become friends with the new Tada Banri.

And Kouko too.
kuuderes_shadowNov 7, 2013 1:44 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 7, 2013 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
lol tea club agian XD
Nov 7, 2013 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
Woah,

So after watching ToraDora (which for some reason, I still want to see more Taiga) I found Golden Time, a light novel/anime done by the some person, so I had some pretty high expectations going into this.

In Toradora, I could kind of predict who was to end up with who, but Golden Time is completely different so far

It can go either way, the MC either chooses the love he can't remember or a new love.

All I know is that I can not even begin to predict who he is going to pick
Nov 7, 2013 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
I was laughing when Koko fell in the bush and 5 seconds later, everything got turned upside down, and fast! A lot happened in the 2nd half of this episode. I wonder if Koko really meant her confession. I guess we'll find out in the upcoming episodes! :)
Nov 7, 2013 1:47 PM

Nov 2010
I like how he finally told them how he felt. A bit of bad assery is good.
I wonder if Kouko's confession was real... Pretty hard to believe that this is a 2 cour series.
Rinji-Nov 7, 2013 1:53 PM
Nov 7, 2013 1:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Damn, why did Linda have to lose. It all is pointing Kouko x Banri, but we have to wait and see what he says next episode.

I feel sad for Linda because she could have made things right before she left to Tokyo but she was not able to. Now that Banri and Linda are well broken apart I feel for her because I'm sure deep down she was always living with that huge regret. Old Banri is gone forever, but the new Banri has to step up and go resolve things with Linda. The good thing about the Linda and Banri scene is she was able to let those bottle emotions out, and now she can move on and start a fresh start with Banri. Friends can't stay mad at each other forever. Kouko seems to possessive but I find that attractive from her.

Poor Kouko and Mitsuo gone to the depths of hell with the tea club. "Don't be Baka" oh Chinami. She's so adorable ^_^

Nov 7, 2013 1:49 PM

Feb 2013
O__O

Didn't expect that lmao. And I still wonder how the hell this is going to be 2 cours when there are this many confessions flying around just 6 episodes in. Liked the episode though lol.
Nov 7, 2013 1:50 PM

Jun 2008
not even space jebus would have foreseen this escalation train xD
Nov 7, 2013 1:51 PM

Jan 2013
ThisIsNotMyName said:
Woah,

So after watching ToraDora (which for some reason, I still want to see more Taiga) I found Golden Time, a light novel/anime done by the some person, so I had some pretty high expectations going into this.

In Toradora, I could kind of predict who was to end up with who, but Golden Time is completely different so far

It can go either way, the MC either chooses the love he can't remember or a new love.

Maybe you should watch the OP, it is pretty clear who he is going to pick.
Nov 7, 2013 1:56 PM

Dec 2012
I liked the way how MC dealt things. And The Tea Club was awesome as always.
Nov 7, 2013 1:57 PM

Dec 2011
Ruben_Jb said:
ThisIsNotMyName said:
Woah,

Maybe you should watch the OP, it is pretty clear who he is going to pick.

I'm still half hoping that it's just trolling us and the second cours has a different OP/ED with Banri x Linda.

Not expecting it to happen, though.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 7, 2013 1:58 PM

Sep 2009
It's only 1/4 of the way through and yet it feels like the half-way point.

I didn't see this coming. To be expected of Yuyuko Takemiya.
Kikoman589Nov 7, 2013 2:01 PM
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Nov 7, 2013 1:58 PM

Jul 2010
Hell no.I want Banri x Linda ;_;
Im going to dislike Koko if it turns out that she said ''i love you'' just because she didn't want to lose him as friend.
Nov 7, 2013 2:01 PM
Oct 2010
So, old Banri was a crybaby, and new Banri is bipolar. How fun.

Of course, I know he's not really bipolar, he simply exploded like Linda feared, his own fault for being a doormat for so long. Still, he didn't have to come clean in such a dirty way, oxymoron unintended. Then again, I guess that's still better than staying a pushover forever.

@ThisIsNotMyName - I haven't read the novel, but it's clear Kaga is the pick. Setting aside the highly suggestive opening, the story has already focused too much on Kaga.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Nov 7, 2013 2:01 PM

Jun 2013
In the last ep lost all the hype 4 the anime but it comes again strong and ofc the fucking cliffhanger
Nov 7, 2013 2:04 PM

Sep 2011
I hope Chinami and Kouko will get along.

... And I'm fucking totally speechless on that confession...

Nov 7, 2013 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
Wow Drama.

At least it looks like Linda didn't run over Tada Banri. Thank God.
Nov 7, 2013 2:13 PM

Nov 2012
Sir_Lexa said:

At least it looks like Linda didn't run over Tada Banri. Thank God.

So much this.

Good episode, not sure I like her confessing to him, think it's way to early to get over that other guy, realization should be much slower. Also, so glad he told Linda he knows. Thought Chinami and the other guy were already going out, was clearly mistaken there.

Also anybody else picked up on the in episode music being way too loud for a section there?

Nov 7, 2013 2:14 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
And that's how you avoid the dreaded friendzone gentlemen.

I'm not so sure Koko means the love thing at this point, but it certainly makes for some interesting drama. I actually like both her and Linda, so I'm strangely ok with whichever way they roll.

I wanna join the Tea club too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 7, 2013 2:15 PM

May 2013
Wow Tada Banri broke out of two friend zones today including one he can't even remember. A legend. He'll probably end up with Kouko but I'm not sure if she means it. If they do end up together I wonder how he'll deal with Linda.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Nov 7, 2013 2:23 PM
Jul 2018
sword123 said:
It's only 1/4 of the way through and yet it feels like the half-way point.

I didn't see this coming. To be expected of Yuyuko Takemiya.

It feels like its nearing the ending for me but you know more is always better.
Nov 7, 2013 2:26 PM
May 2013
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BOY
Nov 7, 2013 2:27 PM

May 2011
So the real drama starts now? It was good, even if there were many Linda moments in this episode. I'm Kaga fan and I'm not too sure if she confessed to him from the bottom of the heart or it was just a desperate attempt to make him stay with her, but I'm sure she will confess properly near the end of the series. ^^ anyway, can't wait for moar.

Btw. Tada Banri can break thru friendzoning...
Nov 7, 2013 2:27 PM
Sep 2012
Man, the Tea Club is on its own level.
Nov 7, 2013 2:28 PM
Dec 2012
Interesting development. He was involved in an accident on the bridge when he was waiting for Linda back then, so that she failed to tell him her reply? But then I don't understand why he didn't open the door of the restroom stall to talk to her. I rooted for Banri x Linda, but then Koko literally and unexpectedly caught him to tell him her love at the end. He is a lucky boy. lol

The party scene was hilarious, especially when Banri threw Koko and Mitsuo into the horror room. Also it's kinda funny he calls Linda with an honorific suffix *senpai* though she was his classmate in high school.
Nov 7, 2013 2:30 PM

May 2012
Holy Fuck Banri is an awesome MC he has the guts to tell bitches off
Nov 7, 2013 2:35 PM

Aug 2011
Marzan said:
I'm not so sure Koko means the love thing at this point, but it certainly makes for some interesting drama. I actually like both her and Linda, so I'm strangely ok with whichever way they roll.

Agreed. I feel like Koko's not actually in love with him a the moment. But nevertheless, I'll stick around to see how this unfolds.
Nov 7, 2013 2:37 PM

Aug 2012
So good

Banri seemed a little suicidal near the end, if I jump off again I can just start over >_>

Just as I was settling in for more slow paced development (with Koko repeatedly mentioning she's just a friend) all hell broke loose in the second half, just makes the show so much more exciting and dramatic which I love.

I was so engrossed in the episode I didn't even notice any sound problems, kind of annoying that that's the first thing people mention in such an eventful episode.
Nov 7, 2013 2:44 PM

Apr 2010
Obligatory "that escalated quickly".

I think Banri is on to something.. Live sacrifices to the tea club to get his memory back.
Nov 7, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2010
Wow, two confessions again
This was well constructed from the start with the Old Banri's spirit

The Yes/No fans were use in a funny and dramatic way
Two timelines with one loving Linda and the other for Kaga

I thought Banri would regained his memory when Koko hit him with the bike
1lauNov 9, 2013 11:25 AM
Nov 7, 2013 3:02 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my God this episode was soo emotional and amzing, and it didnt really feel forced eithier! :) This has officially topped outbreak company as my second favorite anime behind refrain of course :)
Tada was a bit of a jerk this episode but it was understandable, and i loved the devolopment of kaga and linda, those two scenes with linda and kaga were heartbreaking!
My expectations for the rest of the series have gotten a bunch higher now! :)
Nov 7, 2013 3:02 PM

Oct 2011
Too bad they haven't shown what The Tea Club was doing in that room - this brief moment was for sure interesting.

As for the rest it develops nicelly - even if both Banri and Kaga are bit slow. Just that it won't go into some love heptagon and it will be solid series.
Nov 7, 2013 3:04 PM

May 2011
That felt a little rushed..but whatever, I'm in for Kouko x Banri.
Nov 7, 2013 3:12 PM

Oct 2013
First of all... Holy crap! That's drama. Secondly, did anyone else notice Usui Takumi in the next episode preview? With all fun aside, I don't think koko's in love with banri. I believe it was a desperate attempt to keep him around. The only person who somewhat understands her I guess. She might love him but doesn't know as of yet, so in order to be with him she confessed.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Nov 7, 2013 3:20 PM

Dec 2012
Woah~ lol poor Mitsuo being immediately rejected
The Tea Club was awesome as usual - but poor Linda gah I feel so bad for her
Nov 7, 2013 3:24 PM

Jan 2011
Drama hit this episode like a nuke,fact that they are about to start dating so early leaves me to believe they're gonna break up at some point

not gonna let that OP fool me!

and i'm not sure if they were just trying to make the BGM sound loud at the club party but i could barely hear what they were saying lol
katsu044Nov 7, 2013 3:38 PM
Nov 7, 2013 3:31 PM

Nov 2007
I admired Banri when he told off Koko. She was being an annoying selfish bitch.

Rejects him. Talks about Mitsuo all the time still. Reminds him of said friend zone constantly.

I also felt bad for Mitsuo to get rejected in such a fashion.

Then again felt bad for Linda. It seemed she was going to say Yes to Banri? Either way she has the guilt and couldn't even talk to to him normally.

I'm going to hate this if he goes to Koko. She was using him this hole time to get to Mitsuo and then using him to feel better.

I still think Mitsuo has small feelings for her, but not until she grows up.

Banri is much better off with Linda. He shouldn't get with Koko until that gets sorted out.
Nov 7, 2013 3:37 PM

Nov 2013
Heavy stuff. Feel bad for Banri now.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
Nov 7, 2013 3:39 PM

Feb 2008
Tada Banri old self is still in love with Linda, without getting an answer for his confession to her, it's obviously that Banri will explode sooner or later.
Comparing the pace for the manga it's really fast feeling.
Linda always feel guilty but when she know that this Banri sudden went on with explosion.

It's still 18 episodes left, the drama will continue for sure.
Just by telling on opening doesn't mean he will choose Kouko.
I doubt his feeling will solve this soon, it's not like his love for Linda has disappear yet.
As for Kouko I doubt she really fall in love with Banri, she just don't want to become alone of that shock she had when Mitsuo reject her.

If Kouko didn't stop Banri I though for sure that he would actually jump, weird though I had.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.