Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 8, 2013 12:40 AM

Apr 2013
so a filler in a 1 cour series, got it..

the fact that almost 100% of this discussion liked it and didn't find anything wrong with this episode is quite disturbing.. should've been an ova not the freaking midway point episode.. anyway 5/5 for the fun and giggles, 1/5 for the overall effect of this episode. Fucking KyoAni.
Nov 8, 2013 1:01 AM

Jan 2011
http://i.imgur.com/jcVAqf6.jpg
Oh baby

http://i.imgur.com/OnYGjfn.jpg
Even if it was a joke that performance was awesome.
[center]
Nov 8, 2013 1:05 AM

Jun 2013
The episode in itself was good and gave me a good laugh.

Scenario-wise it made the series go full retard.

Still liked it as i don't have huge expectations of this anime.
Nov 8, 2013 1:21 AM

May 2012
cant stop laughing this ep.. blue,orange or pink.. ill go for blue :)..

Nov 8, 2013 1:47 AM

Jul 2008
Guess they are never gonna stop the glasses obsession comedy :) a lot of comedy scenes in this one :) Love Mistuki's expression in this episode :D
Nov 8, 2013 2:24 AM

Oct 2012
Kinda pointless but cute. Mirai was funny with the fart-blame thing xD

Wish Suzuki Tatsuhisa (Nase Hiroomi) could at least took part of the song though, then again doesn't really suit him, maybe when they decide to put some rock then yes please! Nase Hiroomi was probably enjoying the view of his sister's butt. :P
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Nov 8, 2013 2:56 AM

Nov 2012
LOL... what an episode.. XD I like this episode.. seriously..! XD
it is just so funny in just in beginning like when they talking about glasses.. and then talking about siscon lol XD
just awesome..
and that youmu oh.. youmu.. what a youmu.. hope thing like that doesn't exist in the real world lol :3
btw the ending.. in the end no one kill the youmu lol XD
they are too focus with the music concert idol for youmu :3
Nov 8, 2013 5:07 AM

Jan 2012
Best episode so far imo!
Too bad they couldn't defeat that youmu until the end though ^^'
Nov 8, 2013 5:36 AM

Mar 2012
VioLink said:
http://i.imgur.com/jcVAqf6.jpg
Oh baby

I'm actually a little surprised Akihito didn't lose it after seeing Mirai dressed in that. Shit, I don't have an obsession for glasses and I thought it was hot.
Nov 8, 2013 6:16 AM

Aug 2012
Sourire said:
the fact that almost 100% of this discussion liked it and didn't find anything wrong with this episode is quite disturbing..

Well I think it was a really good Filler Episode but the fact that they had one just sucks... No plot developement and the story part about Mitsuki just drowned in the comedy in this Episode...

If you look at this as a OVA nothing is wrong so this Anime only has 12 Episodes + OVA for me (sun)
Nov 8, 2013 9:31 AM

Aug 2013
School....Idol....Anime........ lol
Funny episode xD , *you stink .. I stink . WE STINK* Lol

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Nov 8, 2013 10:17 AM

Feb 2013
The dancing / singing part was damn hilarious lol

What a random episode though.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Nov 8, 2013 10:28 AM
Apr 2013
I enjoyed this episode a lot. I just couldn't stop laughing especially when Hiroomi comes into the club room. His reaction to his little sister was priceless!!!
Nov 8, 2013 11:10 AM

Apr 2013
Lol who needs K-On!
We have Knk with Moe, Siscon, Idols, Megane bishoujo, shower scenes and perverted Youmu !!!
Nov 8, 2013 12:20 PM

Aug 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'll tell you what if you can convince everybody to make the same exceptions for every show that you are asking me to make for this I'll lay off it a bit.

Oh, don't worry, I'd make exceptions like this for any lighthearted series IF they can make an episode this funny and absurd without feeling forced. The only problem is that many other studios fail to do so when making fillers.
I mean, the only time that I ever laughed this much in a single episode before was FMP: Fumoffu!... Oh wait, they're the same studio! There must be a pattern that explains why I enjoy the quality of their humour like this.
Nov 8, 2013 12:29 PM

Feb 2010
Ok. im in. I officially like this show now.
Nov 8, 2013 12:57 PM

Dec 2010
I mean there are definitely filler elements, but this episode does serve a purpose. The montage of them working hard together for a week shows how they're getting closer together.
Nov 8, 2013 1:10 PM

Oct 2007
Beaver897 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I'll tell you what if you can convince everybody to make the same exceptions for every show that you are asking me to make for this I'll lay off it a bit.

Oh, don't worry, I'd make exceptions like this for any lighthearted series IF they can make an episode this funny and absurd without feeling forced. The only problem is that many other studios fail to do so when making fillers.
I mean, the only time that I ever laughed this much in a single episode before was FMP: Fumoffu!... Oh wait, they're the same studio! There must be a pattern that explains why I enjoy the quality of their humour like this.

Well if people truly found this that funny I really don't know what to say. I'm sorry I'm just not seeing how it doesn't feel shoehorned in or incredible forced. This 500,000 yen Youmu just comes completely out of nowhere and happens to have been on top of their school this whole time and which just happens to be I guess a pedophile of some sort and the only way they can come up with to defeat it is to of all things do an idol dance sequence which just so happens to be something that is really popular and Kyoani fandom has been shown to especially respond to. And you consider this in no way hamfisted or forced and rather drop dead hilarious? Okay...... :/

Again if people don't find any inconsistencies or tonal whiplash in this from how the youmu and cast have been portrayed before I don't even know what to say. I also don't know what to say to the idea that you think no other studio is capable of or has done better with a filler episode in any recent memory. Looks to me like you just want to find an excuse to shower this show and Kyoani with praise like so many others.

I don't understand what it is with Kyoani fans. This show was billed as dark fantasy to start and has been anything but yet they just suddenly accept now that it's possibly just yet another in a long line of lighthearted fluffy shows in the vein of just about everything they've done. That seems to be the main trend with people that genuinely seem to like everything Kyoani produces, unconditional acceptance and utter disregard for basic storytelling and continuity

Pknoctis said:
I mean there are definitely filler elements, but this episode does serve a purpose. The montage of them working hard together for a week shows how they're getting closer together.

The fact that you think this is going to mean anything come next episode is pretty hilarious. Also they've already shown that the team works together in episode 4? What then makes anything that happened in this episode in any way special or new in terms of developments? Name me one thing this show brought to the table that looks like it furthers the plot, develops the cast and their relationships or adds any dimension to the show in any noticeable and meaningful way beyond shameless fanservice and pandering?

MusashiRose said:
Ok. im in. I officially like this show now.

And when it probably launches off in another totally different direction this week it'll be curious to see where you are then. I'd like to say it's astonishing that people aren't seeing the obvious trends with this show and how it's being handled direction (or lack thereof) wise but honestly it's par for the course. There'll probably be some stupid little fanservice scene next week and it'll probably disregard continuity once again and accomplish nothing and you'll have people praising it like it's the best episode ever and forgetting that this episode even happened, much like the show probably will.
PeacingOutNov 8, 2013 1:22 PM
Nov 8, 2013 1:26 PM

May 2013
wow that performance was so awesome, i thought the rat was going to defeat it, i really think they should defeat it its like worth 500k
Nov 8, 2013 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
dat cute animal Youmu?

OMG lol

The power of dancing defeated that Youmu.....never mind XDDDD Lol!!!!
AnimeFan500Nov 8, 2013 1:47 PM
Nov 8, 2013 2:07 PM

Feb 2012
This episode was hilariously bad.
Nov 8, 2013 2:28 PM

Mar 2012
Was an alright episode but not as good as the previous episodes.
Nov 8, 2013 2:58 PM

Apr 2012
The episode on its own wasnt bad, but does KyoAni even still expect that we take it serious or even care about this show anymore? They pull off an episode like this which is simply for the lols and had zero progression, wheter on characters nor on story, and next episode they probably try to pull some dark and sad shit again and we should just switch mood like that and totally take it serious.

KyoAni should have just made it an comedy to begin with. But throwing in episodes like that into this anime will just make it worse.

Evangelion pulled the same shit with their dance chereography episode. And they still expected me to take it serious... Cant do that, you either are funny and ridiculous or you are a serious anime, cant switch between the two every episode.
Nov 8, 2013 4:21 PM

Dec 2010
I-I'll pretend like ep 6 never happened.
Well, it wasn't that bad until the "Let's become idols and let's make Kella facepalm until the end of the episode" part.
AnnyNov 8, 2013 4:26 PM
Nov 8, 2013 4:31 PM

May 2011
This episode was too moe for me. I almost died!
Easily the most entertaining episode for me so far. I know that it almost definitely won't, but I'd like to see less serious episodes from this series in the future.
Nov 8, 2013 5:20 PM

Oct 2010
Yeaaah, I share the same sentiments as those who are critiquing this episode. The dance slash music sequence was entertaining, I have to admit, but I still couldn't stop telling myself, "Wtf?"

Because seriously, this entire episode felt so silly and the narration felt so out of character. It's probably a filler but the show has a thin story line to begin with that I don't think it needs a filler like this. The filler wasn't done well as well imo. What were they trying to get us to feel? Make us laugh? Make us feel proud for their 'hardwork'? Uhck, I don't know anymore. I may have even overlooked this if it weren't for the lack of boys's singing.

Like seriously, what's the point? I thought the youma liked girls so what's their purpose for dancing if they're not contributing to what's actually happening?
Nov 8, 2013 5:52 PM

May 2011
Parisbelle said:
Like seriously, what's the point? I thought the youma liked girls so what's their purpose for dancing if they're not contributing to what's actually happening?

While it may be true that the youma only has an eye for the girls, that doesn't necessarily mean that having guys in the scene won't make any kind of difference. They aren't there for direct appeal, but for complimentary appeal. Having only girls is all well and good, but they shine the most when they are paired up with the opposite sex in a dance routine, and the effect they have on the youma would have that much more of an impact.
Nov 8, 2013 6:01 PM
Jul 2011
i liked it
Nov 8, 2013 6:04 PM

Jan 2012
fanservice episode.
for both boys and girls LOL
Nov 8, 2013 6:36 PM
Jan 2012
Quite the fun episode lol.
Nov 8, 2013 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
Zhou said:
This episode was hilariously bad.

Pretty much this, I still love the show though.
Nov 8, 2013 7:20 PM
Oct 2012
THIS EPISODE OMG I CAN'T AAAHHHHHH MY PRECIOUS SPIRIT WARRIORS + YOUMUS
Nov 8, 2013 7:56 PM
Oct 2012
Will there be a full version of the song they sung at the idol scene?
Nov 8, 2013 8:44 PM
Oct 2010
baki502 said:

Evangelion pulled the same shit with their dance chereography episode.

That episode had a purpose though.

And they still expected me to take it serious... Cant do that, you either are funny and ridiculous or you are a serious anime, cant switch between the two every episode.

Baccano does that and pulls it off. This show just completely lacks any sort of plot progression. I mean so far, what have the main cast actually be doing? There's really no goal here, and they haven't set the stage for anything in particular. Iit seems like this show is a SOL and should be titled "The daily life of a high school Yoomu hunter" or some nonsense because nothing is happening.
Nov 8, 2013 9:03 PM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:
baki502 said:

That's very true, NFL football players take ballet lessons to work on coordination, and in Eva the coordination was to ensure that both were able to be able to perform the exact same movement at the exact same time, and this coordination had an impact upon both characters relationship from here forward.

In this episode, it is like it did not occur. We will never hear about Mitsuki's aroma from here on out, plus I am betting that Mirai will not be as comfortable in the club. That was the fault of this episode as part of a series, though as I said 8 or so pages before, in isolation this episode was a lot of fun.
Nov 8, 2013 9:58 PM
Sep 2013
that ending though

"so, who is gonna defeat it?"
Nov 9, 2013 12:40 AM

Oct 2012
"So...who's gonna defeat it?" TROLLOLOLO. I was thinking that the entire time I was watching their performance XD

I want a copy of the performance and the full song >.< Funniest episode yet!

Nov 9, 2013 2:02 AM
Nov 9, 2013 3:41 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, I really need to watch this. Also for those who want to hear the full ED version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eigtfs2zBgA

Nov 9, 2013 3:47 AM
Feb 2009
this is one filler that i dont mind to have
oblivious is a bliss
Nov 9, 2013 4:13 AM

Aug 2011
Best episode so far.
Nov 9, 2013 4:40 AM

May 2010
Haha, Mirai and Akihito are such a baka couple, it's sort of cute. That monster hunt xD

"It's leaking" That sounded so dirty, Mitsuki :p

Those poses and the monster liking them. Poor Mitsuki xD Oh God, when Hiroomi entered and smelled how bad Mitsuki smelled, trying to act cool but couldn't; it was so funny xDD I really love Hiromi x Mitsuki, and I feel so guilty but I regret nothing!

Hahaha, Mirai singing and failing xD That dramatic talk about 'stinky' hahhaha. Ai is like a mascot girl xD Loved their outfits and I didn't know Mitsuki's seiyuu had sung the OP song! Ai's seiyuu's voice is so unexpectedly strong and lovable. Loved how the put up their training scenes in between that song. Poor guys, their effort was wasted in the end.

MY ENDING SONG!!!

And God, it went all the way to the beginning by end! A masterpiece episode, my most fav so far. I have not laughed so much in a while, it was damn hilarious

And yet people can hate this show, like seriously...
Nov 9, 2013 5:01 AM

Mar 2013
this episode was cute and funny but LOLWUT?!
Nov 9, 2013 5:42 AM

Aug 2008
WHERE ARE THE GIFS
Nov 9, 2013 6:14 AM

Apr 2013
Funny ep but
wow
fanservice
Nov 9, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2013
from idoling until "then, who will attack it?"
this eps filled with many lol xD
*insert philosophical quote here*
Nov 9, 2013 7:04 AM
Jun 2009
Hilarious episode! Even though it felt like a filler(it probablt is). Loved the idol scene, it was unexpected. I was also suprised to see their "ultimate weapon".

It's awesome how you can see KyoAni's improvements from the past few years.
Nov 9, 2013 7:24 AM

Nov 2010
The singing part was really good.
Nov 9, 2013 8:27 AM

Apr 2012
skudoops said:
baki502 said:

And they still expected me to take it serious... Cant do that, you either are funny and ridiculous or you are a serious anime, cant switch between the two every episode.

Baccano does that and pulls it off. This show just completely lacks any sort of plot progression. I mean so far, what have the main cast actually be doing? There's really no goal here, and they haven't set the stage for anything in particular. Iit seems like this show is a SOL and should be titled "The daily life of a high school Yoomu hunter" or some nonsense because nothing is happening.

Baccano is a strange one indeed. I usually dont like it when anime mixes comedy with serious elements, because most of the time they cant do it. Baccano however, I dont know how, pulled it off and I absolutely loved the show.

And maybe it had a porpuse in Evangelion, however it still pulled me out of the story and ripped me out completely out of the immersion. So I didnt like it.
Same with this episode. In Isolation it would have been fun, but as a part of this series its only damaging it IMO.
Nov 9, 2013 8:41 AM
Jul 2018
I don't quite understand why people be so harsh about this anime. I came into this with a mindset of nothing but moe, some good laugh and random stuffs. Seriously, with this kind of artwork, and kyoani's production, you have to know what you are watching.

There is entertainment that comes from understanding but there is also one that comes from pure ridiculousness. How about trying to be a brainless person and enjoy this anime?
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

195 by lordspacecat »»
Mar 10, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.