Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 23, 2023 2:06 PM
Oct 2020
Still nice for now
Nov 28, 2023 3:41 PM
Nov 2023
Too boring for me to enjoy it
Apr 27, 2:34 AM

Jan 2021
I enjoyed this episode quite a bit, probably in no small part due to Sunohara not being an idiot for once. But mostly, it was because the revelation about Fuuko was handled in such a believable way. Tomoya immediately points out the same issues with the ghost theory that I did yesterday, and makes the sensible suggestion of setting up a face to face meeting between Fuuko and her sister. Similarly, after confronting the sister, Nagisa gives valid reasons for not telling her the truth during their conversation. I've seen scenarios like this play out so many times in other anime where the characters just downplay the whole phenomenon, or ignore the most obvious questions they should be asking - just generally behaving in ways that are completely unrelatable and hurt my suspension of disbelief. By contrast, Tomoya and Nagisa handled the situation intelligently, and are continuing to take it seriously until it's resolved. Color me impressed!
I got some weird vibes from the final scene where they hold a class for Fuuko. Like, not exactly death flags, but it's as though they're fulfilling her wishes so she can move on? Without being too specific as to avoid spoilers, it has qualities that remind me of other anime written by Jun Maeda. I'm hoping, at worst, it just leads to this Fuuko disappearing and the unconscious one reawakening. But given that we still don't even know exactly what's going on, the resolution of this arc is entirely up in the air. Very interested to see what happens if Fuuko meets her sister next episode.
May 8, 3:32 PM

May 2020
I'm really not understanding what Fuko's plan is here. It's not like stars (or starfish, for that matter) have any cultural relation to weddings or getting married AFAIK, there's no "Save the Date" written on them (not that there's a set wedding date to begin with), and she's not saying anything to the people she's gifting them to besides "Please." How are people supposed to make the connection between wooden star(fish) -> "I should attend Ms. Ibuki's wedding. ...Wait, who's Ms. Ibuki?" And later, she does give the whole spiel to one person...so why wasn't she doing so the entire time‽
If she was inviting the teachers, that would at least make some sense, since they would probably remember their coworker. But even then, I don't think they'd bridge that logical chasm with just a "Please."

Aside from that, the prank Tomoya played on Fuko was legitimately very funny. And it seemed Ryou was getting into the joke at the end there too, lol.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

radiantfire - Dec 21, 2007

203 by Extremo888 »»
May 11, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

447 by Extremo888 »»
May 10, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

350 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

146 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenjouname - Feb 15, 2008

305 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 6, 5:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.