Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 18, 2009 2:29 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
that was sad T_T
but could hachi not notice nana when she turned to look at shin???
i mean,she coul't have gone thet far!!

Mod Edit: Modified Anime Title
Koito91Jun 17, 2023 2:57 PM
May 22, 2009 2:01 AM

Jun 2008
ahahaha! nobu stepping on shin! :)) anyway... nana waited all that time but they never got to see each other... ugh!!! they'd just pass each other by... anyway... i guess at least shin knows that hachi still loves nobu right? and whats gonna happen now that ren and nana are out...
Jun 24, 2009 6:17 AM

Jul 2008
I love this anime so much that I'm going to complain about the little things. Damn old lady that walked past Nana to draw her attention. Damn that concierge that is doing his job, damn Hachi for talking too long at the train exit and not immediatley turning and seeing Nana exiting. And that was some forboding eye of the storm shit at the end there. But those reporters have been digging up major heat on Nana and Shin.
Aug 28, 2009 12:16 PM

Jan 2009
man, i find Reira so damn annoying kinda like Orihime from Bleach. why does Shin pay so much attention to her, he deserves waaaay better, he's like the coolest [and sanest] person in this show...

but it was really sad that in the end they ended up not seeing each other [the 2 Nanas]... but hey i can't say i'm really surprised, that's what this anime is all about: pain and suffering and sadness.

May 6, 2010 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
Shin's pretty cool, though I still want to know more about his past.

Jun 14, 2010 4:27 AM

Oct 2008
Shin is so cute. :)
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 5, 2010 9:32 PM

May 2008
Nobu and Shin would be the best couple and deserve each other the most.
amirite?
Dec 4, 2010 1:09 PM

Aug 2008
What a bad luck! Nana and Hachi was so close and they passed up.
And paparazzi case sucks.
Feb 19, 2011 8:42 AM

Jul 2010
Fuck Takumi come back Nobu :(
Mar 22, 2011 6:51 PM

Aug 2010
QKunai said:
Fuck Takumi come back Nobu :(
May 15, 2011 6:36 AM

Sep 2008
... In my opinion, the paparazzi is a far less likeable entity than Takumi. DX

I can't believe the Nanas kept passing each other by like that, ugh. Hope they manage to meet up and straighten things out sooner rather than later...
Aug 22, 2011 5:16 PM

Mar 2011
A ring, huh? I wonder how Nana's gonna take it when she finds out she's become known not for her music but for who she loves.
Mar 19, 2012 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
It makes me sad that Nana is happy being with Takumi. =s
May 12, 2012 7:36 AM

Nov 2011
God dammit, I hate Takumi actually, it sucks if it ends like this.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 20, 2012 12:32 AM

Mar 2011
The things that come out of Hachi's mouth is ridiculous. "With enough effort, it will probably work." The thing about love is that it should come naturally. She shouldn't be "trying" to love Takumi. You either feel it or you don't. I mean, you put in effort to keep a relationship alive, but it feels like she is so obligated to be with Takumi because of the baby. She never even really liked him in the first place. She was a fan and probably got wrapped up in the fact that he was paying so much attention to her. All the things Takumi is saying is to keep her on a short leash.

Another bad sign is that she had to lie who she was talking to on the phone. That is not a healthy relationship at all, it's very controlling.

I feel like there is hope though. She actually did meet up with Shinichi and also asked how Nobu is. Nana also seems determined to win Hachi's friendship back. In all honesty, I doubt this anime would be rated as high as it is if it didn't have some kind of happy ending. If she actually ended up marrying Takumi, then people would probably rate the series a 5 or something. I have high hopes it will end well. I'm just sick of it staying depressingly stagnant.

Someone said earlier in another discussion, "The baby ruined everything." Yeah, pretty much. Moral of the story: Protection.

I'm gonna laugh if she gets a paternity test and it's actually Nobu's child. Condom broke, yo. Takumi: You are NOT the father!!! TROLOLOL
Jun 2, 2012 4:42 PM

Jul 2010
Poor Nana. (Both of them, sadly :/)
Jun 14, 2012 2:23 PM

Dec 2009
Well, isn't that frustrating. The Nanas didn't get to see each other this time and the media apparently is gonna get in the way of everyone, pshhh.
Sep 15, 2012 3:23 PM

Jul 2012
diamond9393anda said:
man, i find Reira so damn annoying kinda like Orihime from Bleach. why does Shin pay so much attention to her, he deserves waaaay better, he's like the coolest [and sanest] person in this show...

Since when was Orihime similar to Reira? O_o LOL Reira can't get over someone she used to love and now she's dragging everyone down with her just because she has low self esteem.
/soz i actually like orihime

But yeah, nice episode. :D
MayukaSep 15, 2012 3:40 PM
Jan 14, 2013 2:28 PM
Mar 2012
Here is the moral of Nana young women of today: USE PROTECTION!
Feb 16, 2013 4:43 PM

Jan 2012
Those reporters are really annoying, sucks to have their job. Anyway, the episode wasn't half bad.

Feb 24, 2013 9:02 AM

Nov 2010
What's the big deal with the media knowing about Ren and Nana? It would give both groups more notoriety.
Apr 13, 2013 1:37 PM
Jan 2013
so little comments in this discussion...

I felt like crying when she asked about Nobu, that gives a slightest chance something will work out eventually.

The media fuss is going to be dangerous - they'll brag about things they don't know about each other.
Hachi saying her situation is like that of Shin parents and yet we get to know his mother committed a suicide - not a good omen, though.
Jul 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
This series is getting so emotionally heavy. But I'm really enjoying it and can't stop marathoning it on my birthday! I'm glad Nana finally stood up to Takumi a little. LOL at Nobu stepping on Shin. A big mess is about to ensue, I can feel it.
Aug 5, 2013 1:11 PM

Apr 2013
i hate takumi so much -w-' , i still have faith in hachi x nobu !
Sep 10, 2013 12:51 PM
Jul 2013
really..just what are the odds of them passing by each other twice without noticing. The way it was said i feel as though nana (singer) wont see hachiko again. The press will be out for her. Also takami is announcing that he's getting married to hachiko soon so she'll have her hands full too.
Oct 24, 2013 6:12 PM

May 2011
It was so sad how both Nana's just weren't fated to meet on that rainy day. They passed each other twice... TWICE.

Finally, the show is heading to the direction I've been waiting for! Not to say I didn't like the current events, in fact they only add more to my anticipation for this new arc.

Black Stones and Ren on morning T.V... their entire worlds changed in an instant. I wonder how this is all going to turn out.

Last 9 episodes... let's go!
Jan 26, 2014 10:51 AM

May 2012
Oh wow now that the media have jumped on this things sure will be even worse, so I really wonder what they'll do next!
Apr 9, 2014 7:57 PM

Aug 2013
As if not enough shit has hit the fan already...T___T Kind of worried Nana's going to be really affected.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 6, 2014 1:15 PM

Jan 2014
Them paparazzi.. -.-'
Jul 3, 2014 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
So sad that Nana can't meet Hachi. I mean they were like soo close to meet again. This anime is full of sadness so far, and fuck the paparazzi!
Feb 2, 2015 1:30 AM

Oct 2013
Shin development this episode was incredible. ;_; Loved seeing that interaction between him and Nana. His mother committed suicide and he was raised by some dude forced to take care of him... that's so tragic...

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 4, 2015 1:39 PM

Mar 2015
Man Hachi continues to piss me off...
Best Nana shows how to be cool at the end :D
Jul 12, 2015 8:51 AM

Jun 2013
Can this show please go one fucking episode without killing my heart!!!
Jul 20, 2015 4:35 PM
Jul 2015
Hefty hefty times yo! Damn!!! Nana needs to see Hachi ASAP to slap some sense into her little pregnant brain. I've been there so I know how a pregnant brain works. Hachi clearly isn't happy, she isn't and she trying to make it work and her forced smile it hurting my eyes. Why try and make somrthing work? She's thinking of nobu y'all... If she didn't go with takumi, she wouldn't have been able to raise the child, and nobu would have been forced to get a job or take over his family's inn. It wouldn't have helped the story if they ended up together now. She's actually kind of using takumi to get by and give her kid the best , which leads to her being unhappy because her decision is obviously hurting others. Uuuughhhhh so deep ! I can't wait to see the end but I kind of don't want it to end
Oct 16, 2015 6:46 AM

Jul 2013
I guess theme of this episode was to signify how close Nana1 and Nana2 are yet still so far away both in physicality and in each others hearts.
Honestly at this point I can't feel any kind of sympathy for Nana1.Takumi is what she chose,I won't feel sorry for her if she's not happy about it.
Anyways the media is digging up dirt on not only Nana but all of the BLAST members which is not good.At this point i can't even imagine BLAST debuting will be good for their career much less their personal lives.
Poor Shin, he grew up never feeling the warmth and love of a mother just like Nana2.It must be why they are so drawn to Nana1 who is so homely.

akarikairi said:
..... but it feels like she is so obligated to be with Takumi because of the baby.
That's pretty much it actually.Remember, Takumi came into her life offering marriage after he found out she was having a baby.Nana being fickle,having no stable job at the moment,lacking the strength to stand on her own feet, decided it was easier to just marry the guy who was essentially offering her the dream she had wanted for so long.It's not surprising that she would take it.It was her dream after all.
Dec 16, 2015 10:45 PM
Jun 2013
Now I'm back to not liking Hachiko. HOW DO YOU LOVE TAKAMI? There is nothing in their relationship that could have made her feel that way?
No, I was accepting of all of this when she admitted to just wanting to use him for his money and raising the child. THAT'S the only sensible thing here. Otherwise this makes no sense.

All the other stuff is wild. I'm liking how it's all playing out, but I'm scared of how this anime will end. Feels incoming.
Apr 14, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2012
Finally time for some real drama,was sick and tired of this Hachi's baby drama bullshit.
Apr 18, 2016 10:35 AM

Aug 2014
So media is playing with Blast and Trapnest members lives ;/
both Nana may be fated to not meet again. "It's not like I'll never see her again" - said black Nana

I like how Ren reads black Nana.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Aug 9, 2016 2:32 AM

Jun 2016
Why the hell does everyone hate Takumi so much? He's my favorite character in the show and I'm straight up gay for him. Oh also I hated those super cheesy scenes where it showed Nana just miss Hachi, talk about overdone bullshit.
Dec 30, 2016 10:18 PM

Sep 2015
Sad to hear Shinichi's mom commited suicide..
I'm honestly mad at how evil media can be.. but in the 3-D world too same thing going on. Most of the people who do this stuff need to put food down on the table so no complaints.
Mar 2, 2017 9:45 PM

Mar 2015
Twice they just missed each other!

And oh the shit's hitting the fan now for sure!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 11, 2017 3:19 PM

Nov 2016
Oh fuck, it's finally out..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 28, 2018 10:05 PM

Oct 2012
Damn I hate Takumi, and I also hate Jun. Why the fuck is she telling Hachi that she is in love with this awful man she is only with because she is pregnant? What the hell does she know? Why would you love this piece of shit Hachi?? Why???????
Jan 11, 2019 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
So 9/11 happens during this episode (unmentioned), but the news is airing tabloid stuff about Nana and Ren lol.
Apr 20, 2019 6:25 PM
Jul 2014
Nana and Ren <3 I'm glad Nana's making the effort to see Hachi (of course when Hachi is out lol). She's so earnest and cute for trying to reach her apartment and then waiting for her uwu we love girlfriends

But of course the one time Ren and Nana leave together, a camera is waiting smh I think we knew it would come out eventually but ughhh those nasty paparazzi are something else.

It was good that Hachi met up with Shin to explain things to him. I also thought it was cool how she applied her situation to Shin's real life and how Hachi wanted to know how she could raise her baby so that they would never regret being born, like Shin once said. That was really eye opening and further helped me to see how great of a mother Hachi would be.

But how Hachi asked about Nobu at the end ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ you don't deserve to know how my baby Nobu is doing ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ but he is THRIVING without you.
May 18, 2019 6:45 AM

Oct 2012
Can't believe people like reporters exist, they exist just to make people's lives miserable
It just can't believe a human could do that like ruining many people's lives and stay sane
Maybe they're not human, just machine chasing for scoop & money

Apparently celebrities in Japan aren't normal human
Because last time a certain seiyuu (H*roC) have to apologize because he got married, for having a family
I'll hate this side of Japan forever

Japanese people really like to worry a lot huh
What if this child doesn't look alike or have same blood type
Should have understand before you did things you'll regret

"It's not like we'll never see each other again" The famous word, what a cliche xD
Rayl1ghtMay 18, 2019 6:51 AM
"Signature removed"
Jun 6, 2019 8:37 AM
Apr 2016
Fuck paparazzi, they're seriously gonna screw everyone's life up, in fact, they even went as far as to get information on Shin...goddamn. I'm happy that Osaki Nana decided to make up with Komatsu Nana, hopefully they manage to make up properly.
Aug 4, 2019 12:24 AM

Jul 2016
Oof.... Hachi still loves Nobu

God I hope she dumps Takumi's ass
May 30, 2020 1:56 AM

Jul 2015
Kind of sad seeing the two Nana's keep missing each other...

By the looks of it, the gossip news are going to cause some mayor thing to happen

Jun 5, 2020 12:59 PM

Jul 2019
Does Hachi really love him? I dont get it. I hope it wont work for them. I cant stand Hachi actually falling for Takumi. Junko is true about it being the best for the baby but to say Hachi's love to Nobu is merely an imagination is too ignorant. I've disagreed with her a lot in this show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - Jun 10, 2007

72 by kivuchan »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Nana Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tainteddonut - Jul 28, 2007

388 by VICKY31 »»
May 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Apr 25, 2007

86 by kivuchan »»
May 18, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

116 by akane_slays »»
May 13, 1:35 PM

» Does this anime still hold up

mydaddy - May 2

20 by LostSpectre »»
May 6, 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.