Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Berserk' to Resume After a New Short Manga of Six Chapters

New
Nov 4, 2013 2:03 AM

Sep 2012
According to the latest issue of manga magazine Young Animal, Miura Kentarou is going to write a short manga named "Gigantomakhia", which will be serialized in the next 6 issues of Young Animal. The name is drawn from Greek mythology and is about an epic war between forces led by Zeus and nether forces led by giant Alcyoneus. After that, he will restart the manga "Berserk" which has been in hiatus since end of 2012.

Source: Scan of Young Animal, Natalie
myanimelistllcFeb 13, 2016 12:30 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 4, 2013 2:08 AM

Nov 2010
Because apparently finishing the best-selling dark fantasy epic he started 24 years ago is not a priority.

Anyway, that new manga sounds badass and I'm happy that it is coming back so I guess this is very good news.
Nov 4, 2013 2:09 AM

Sep 2012
kurosaki_kabuto said:
Because apparently finishing the best-selling dark fantasy epic he started 24 years ago is not a priority.
Oh yeah, playing IdolM@ster always seem to be a much higher priority for Miura-sensei LOL

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 4, 2013 2:10 AM

Apr 2009
As I suspected, Miura stocked up chapters to release them as a bunch. In my opinion the better alternative to the dreaded "3 chapters, hiatus" schedule he used for the past years. That some of the stock was a totally new series is a suprise, but thankfully one of the pleasant ones. I personally look forward to seeing crazy spaceships and other potential cool stuff that Miura might draw for his little sci-fi series (although I would be a bit happier if these 6 chapters were Berserk chapters).

symbv said:
kurosaki_kabuto said:
Oh yeah, playing IdolM@ster always seem to be a much higher priority for Miura-sensei LOL

I know you are joking, but some people actually take this seriously. So here's an explanation for them.
NidhoeggrNov 4, 2013 2:21 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 4, 2013 2:10 AM

Jan 2009
if only Togashi can restart Hunter X Hunter too then most people will have a happy new year lol
Nov 4, 2013 2:18 AM

Apr 2009
j0x said:
if only Togashi can restart Hunter X Hunter too then most people will have a happy new year lol

And Nana, Bastard, Five Star Story.. oh, and Dream Machine is finally getting released as well.
We can hope, right? :(
Nov 4, 2013 2:28 AM

Dec 2012
..............ive never seen a post make me so happy, sad and mad at the same time
Nov 4, 2013 2:29 AM

Mar 2009
Oh wow finally there's news.
I always hoped that there will be something big coming after the kind of special latest chapter.
Hopefully he will release chapters regularly.
Monthly releases is really all I ask for. :/
Nov 4, 2013 2:39 AM

Dec 2012
I hope he finish it in the next 20 or so chapters, I don't care if it's rushed, a conclusion is needed and the latest arcs of Berserk range from mediocre to bad, and they made me lose interest in the series, along with the fact that a certain main character is pretty much useless.
Nov 4, 2013 2:47 AM

Apr 2009
tsudecimo said:
I hope he finish it in the next 20 or so chapters, I don't care if it's rushed, a conclusion is needed and the latest arcs of Berserk range from mediocre to bad, and they made me lose interest in the series, along with the fact that a certain main character is pretty much useless.

Only 20 chapters? With the giant amount of plot points left and Miura himself stating that Berserk was around 60-70% 5 or 6 years ago in an interview? That is not happening, Berserk ending around chapter 500 seems very likely if you ask me.
The final fight alone is probably going to take the amount of chapters you just listed.

Also, that certain main character you talk about will be the main focus in the next arc so we should expect something big. Not to mention that Miura is still only in his 40s and it is very likely that he will finish Berserk before he dies... which is something that most people seem to expect from him for some reasons. We could now start the everlasting discussion about the direction Berserk is taking but imho that should not be the focus of this thread.
Nov 4, 2013 2:51 AM

Nov 2012
does "restart" means with new characters and new plot too ?
well, that sucked :(
Nov 4, 2013 2:52 AM

Apr 2009
ranzero said:

No, it just means he continues. Why would he restart the entire series after 333 chapters?
Nov 4, 2013 3:10 AM

Nov 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
ranzero said:

No, it just means he continues. Why would he restart the entire series after 333 chapters?

oh what a relieve,
perhaps what I said before was definition of reboot, I was confused LOL
Nov 4, 2013 3:13 AM
Jul 2018
Great news, I hope he had a good rest and can continue the manga now. I'm also interested to see how his new manga is going to be.
Nov 4, 2013 3:38 AM

Jul 2009
kurosaki_kabuto said:

My thoughts exactly!
Is nice that he is doing something new, about greek mythology (that I love), I am sure is gonna be awesome, but really...1 year without a new chapter of Berserk, no wonder why I think I will be dead and won't be seeing the end of it...
Nov 4, 2013 4:08 AM

Aug 2011
Berserk will once again be put on hiatus when the new PS4 iDOLM@STER game is released.
Nov 4, 2013 4:19 AM
Jul 2012
j0x said:

Yeah. Release more chapters and stop being an lazy bum except the anime since he is doing that right now i think.
Nov 4, 2013 4:46 AM

Apr 2010
Does that mean in march or april a new chapter of Berserk will be released? That's okay for me. Also I'm interested in this Gigant Makia because greek mythology is epic, also I expect to see some titans.
kratos_aurionNov 4, 2013 4:51 AM
Nov 4, 2013 4:49 AM

Nov 2012
Daaaaaaamn! Previously Orange , and now Berserk!!

Ha, start breaking your legs again great mangakas!

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 4, 2013 5:00 AM

Oct 2011
Whoa! I'm glad he's decided to resume Berserk~
Nov 4, 2013 5:06 AM

Oct 2008
Finally!!! But 6 chapters in Young Animal? Doesn't that mean 6 months?
Goddamnit!
Nov 4, 2013 5:16 AM

Sep 2012
HATUL said:
Finally!!! But 6 chapters in Young Animal? Doesn't that mean 6 months?
Young Animal is a bi-weekly, so 6 chapters in a row means 3 months.

Nov 4, 2013 5:18 AM

May 2011
About time.
That new short he's starting sounds interesting so I'll check that out in the mean time.
Nov 4, 2013 5:22 AM

Apr 2012
Jaeger07 said:
Daaaaaaamn! Previously Orange , and now Berserk!!

my thoughts exactly
If the next news is about the continuation of NANA I would be the happiest person ever alive
Nov 4, 2013 5:27 AM

Nov 2008
j0x said:

Thinking the same thing here
Nov 4, 2013 5:54 AM
Apr 2012
Finally some news about Berserk. Hopefully it does actually come back from its hiatus and we actually get more frequent chapters.
This is interesting news, too. I'm curious what else he could do aside from Berserk.
Nov 4, 2013 6:32 AM

Jul 2012
Iris Zero is back and now Berserk is comming back too? Best news in last 2 weeks.

I painted my teary face with a disguised smile[COLOR=#ff3333] and pretended it was a cry out of joy.[/COLOR]

Nov 4, 2013 6:50 AM

Jun 2010
Haha, Miura's working again? What, the played through all the lolicon games already? *sarcasm* Nah, it's good to see him working again.
Nov 4, 2013 6:55 AM
Oct 2013
Now, that's a good news. I thought that i won't hear news again about Berserk (that's proved to be wrong) and the end of "the journey of Guts" will becomes just a legend (that's wrong too... hopefully)

oh, by the way... i'm also interested in this new manga Miura created, i hope it's
1. very bad, because if it's very good, some people want some sequel from it, which will disturb miura in creating berserk (well, probably not, but there is always probability).
2. it's very good, and have nice ending, so there will be no sequel.

last is what i do not want
3. it's average.
Nov 4, 2013 7:18 AM

Jun 2013
Great news for me. I truly appreciate that!

Now, Togashi, it's your turn.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Nov 4, 2013 7:43 AM

May 2012
Finish the anime instead.
Nov 4, 2013 8:02 AM
Feb 2011
Just saw this on anime news network..... At least we are getting some update about berserk, but come on this hiatus is long enough already.
Nov 4, 2013 8:32 AM
Oct 2010
Well, I've been waiting on berserk forever so w/e, I can wait a bit more. At this point I'm more interested in that short.. did they say what type of tone it would have? Berserk-ish? I suppose if it's young animal it won't be too PG.
Nov 4, 2013 8:48 AM
May 2013
DAM finally can't wait to read what happens next!
Nov 4, 2013 9:05 AM

Aug 2010
Bad wording on the headline, restart makes it sound like he's redoing the manga from scratch.
Nov 4, 2013 9:20 AM
Nov 2008
mitch3315 said:
Berserk will once again be put on hiatus when the new PS4 iDOLM@STER game is released.

THIS
Nov 4, 2013 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
-Touya said:
Iris Zero is back and now Berserk is comming back too? Best news in last 2 weeks.

I was so damn happy when I saw the first chapter a few days ago. Now this is coming back, I'll probably start reading this soon as well.

Heh, I'll pray that NANA and Hunter x Hunter will come back later this year as well. *crosses fingers*
Nov 4, 2013 9:50 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
IdolM@ster always seem to be a much higher priority for Miura-sensei LOL

mitch3315 said:

Miura probably ran out of energy after all those years of sticking with Berserk. Thus, he is distracting himself with other activities, either by playing video games (I@ms included) or drawing a new manga. I'm sure he feels missing-out on the chance to draw other settings and stories because his creative life has been consumed by Berserk.

With that, I'm not sure why didn't make an Idol manga to catch up with the times :D Instead, we are stuck with probably another seinen adventure manga.
Nov 4, 2013 10:12 AM
Jul 2013
I find it funny that I've been getting into Berserk and this update rolls around. I hope Miura decides to finish it for good once he continues the story and decides not to go on hiatus again.
Nov 4, 2013 10:16 AM

Jun 2013
YAAAAAY Berserk is back!!
Nov 4, 2013 10:19 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
Miura probably ran out of energy after all those years of sticking with Berserk. Thus, he is distracting himself with other activities, either by playing video games (I@ms included) or drawing a new manga. I'm sure he feels missing-out on the chance to draw other settings and stories because his creative life has been consumed by Berserk..
You know what, the reason/excuse that was given in Young Animal when Berserk went missing is always that Miura is on some "research activities". I guess playing IdolM@ster probably counts as one lol.

Nov 4, 2013 12:21 PM

Jan 2011
Finally, we will get off the boat.

Nov 4, 2013 12:49 PM

Jul 2010
Well, finally he got some motivation, at-least, to release a news about it... Just hope he would continue it on regular bases and if it's just one or two chapters restart, that would be really sucks.

tsudecimo said:

I can see that happening. If
Han-yuuNov 4, 2013 12:53 PM
Nov 4, 2013 1:34 PM

Apr 2012
I'm happy that he's coming back to writing Berserk. I hope he manages to finish it before too long. It might actually be nice to him to work on something else and move on from Berserk. 25 years on any one project is a LOOONNG time. He's been working on it longer than Marcel Proust did on "In Search of Lost Time"
Nov 4, 2013 1:49 PM
Oct 2012
I didn't have to wait that long. Hehe. But I am really glad, because this is my favorite manga and I want to see the end. I need to see how Guts destroys Griffith's pretty face and his stupid loyal herd.
Nov 4, 2013 2:01 PM

May 2013
awe yeahhh
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 4, 2013 2:01 PM

Jan 2013
It'll reurn for three for four chapters. Than go on hiatus for two or three years again.
Dubs>subs.
Breaking Bad>Anime
Comic books>manga
99% of Anime is Garbage
Nov 4, 2013 2:52 PM

Nov 2012
Nov 4, 2013 3:23 PM

Jan 2012
Good news

Nov 4, 2013 3:46 PM

Feb 2010
I'll only believe it when I hold in my hands a new volume.
I probably regret this post by now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - 47 minutes ago

1 by Yubisoft »»
6 minutes ago

» 'Ore wa Subete wo "Parry" suru' Unveils Additional Cast, Staff, Theme Songs

Nioxys - 2 hours ago

0 by Nioxys »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Zedlin »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

15 by Ramkec »»
4 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

40 by SinisterDeezNuts »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.