Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 31, 2014 11:04 AM
Jun 2014
The fighting was intense I waited a whole week to watch this episode because I was expecting a awesome fight but what got me was the end Gonzo said that this was the first time she fought mental models but the fight prior to them getting to base that ship had one as well.
Aug 19, 2014 4:07 AM

Sep 2012
Jcan2 said:
The fighting was intense I waited a whole week to watch this episode because I was expecting a awesome fight but what got me was the end Gonzo said that this was the first time she fought mental models but the fight prior to them getting to base that ship had one as well.

He said that it is the first time she destroyed a ship with mental model, in prior fight they spared the life of previous mental model.
Sep 25, 2014 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
One down and another possibly to join the harem...hmmm. Looks like they need to resupply again.
Nov 11, 2014 4:28 PM

Feb 2013
Kirishima was getting off on the thrill of shooting at Iona. She was firing everything she had!

Nice how they tied in the whole "I don't want to die" thing.
Dec 9, 2014 12:26 AM

Feb 2013
7:32 Dat ass!

Poor Kirishima. Haruna survives! And how she looks uder her clothes? HHHHNNNNGGGG! This episode was tense! Great episode!
Aug 23, 2015 2:16 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, Kirishima should live on! I totally prefer her over Haruna :/
Otherwise great episode!
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
May 28, 2016 3:20 PM

Jul 2014
How they incorporated the sunken battleship was really clever. The used it at first as a decoy to deceive the two sisters, and then after they have dismissed its threat to their victory, Gunzou uses it again to fire a missile from it, penetrating the cannon after the first one was blocked.

It seems this will be the running theme for the series, if not already evident from the second episode with the battle with Takao, and there is a quote from Joseph Stalin that describes it precisely.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

The power isn't in the weapon, but rather in its wielder, hence why Iona has such an advantage in the face of absolute power. Her Fog counterparts fail to conceptualize tactics and other metaphysical concepts beyond their practical intelligence, and they suffer from it. That might very well be the reason why I don't mind MC being such a Gary Stu, as it accentuates that very fact.

I'm already enamored by this show and am looking forward to seeing the rest, a show worthy of hard drive space!
Why do people have such bad taste? Anime isn't subjective anymore.
Sep 13, 2018 3:23 PM

Mar 2016
Kirishima: "Talking is far too circuitous and inefficient" - says the one who's currently TALKING

Regretting something is stupid... - Proceeds to regret losing the battle

Kirishima sure is cocky, from the fact that she underestimates humans and refers to their behavior/actions as stupid along with the fact that she CLEARLY believes brute force can defeat anything, she's quite infuriating for me to watch cuz I want her to feel to be defeated so that she could feel all those displeasing feelings.

And oh boy was it satisfying to see the I 401 winning against these 2 battleships, especially seeing Kirishima's reaction to her defeat... Absolutely fantastic! The battle itself was beautiful, add some smart strategic moves by Gunzou and that makes a satisfying battle.

In the end... I love those really nice poses Kirishima did and OMG Haruna got some spicy body there! I wonder if further 'physical interaction' is possible though...( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yep, called it, an flying levitated flying ship!

ShadowkillZSep 13, 2018 3:35 PM
Jan 31, 2020 10:38 PM

Jul 2016
Nano1124 said:
7:32 Dat ass!

Poor Kirishima. Haruna survives! And how she looks uder her clothes? HHHHNNNNGGGG! This episode was tense! Great episode!

Why the hell is she is skimppy underwear under a huge coat...

Who made these mental models?
Apr 15, 2023 5:06 PM
Dec 2020
Pretty decent episode. The CG has still held up well and the fighting was very exciting.
Admittedly all the stuff with the graviton beams is pretty sci-fi, but the way the torpedo launchers and the sneak attacks were linked into the series was logical and internally consistent at least.
I think that I-401's bridge is a bit too large and comfy for a submarine, it should feel more cramped and claustrophobic. Right now it looks more like the bridge of one of the new Star Trek ships!
Also the battleship Mikasa actually still exists IRL, she's the only surviving pre-dreadnought battleship anywhere in the world (actually built in Barrow in Lancashire, they have a street named after her). Somehow I feel disappointed that she wasn't brought to life with a mental model, but I guess you can't have everything.
Also Haruna is best girl, because twintails <3
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

127 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:23 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

196 by Gendolfas »»
Feb 14, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

153 by TechOtaku »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Oct 7, 2013

242 by Ashhk »»
Aug 27, 2020 6:34 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

124 by djharvey »»
Jun 13, 2020 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.