Forum Settings
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2013 8:06 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I am surprised by how good it felt to read that. Badass in a different style.
Oct 26, 2013 9:04 PM

Apr 2012
lmao at Canute laughing his ass off. Now it's time for a journey to america.

Epic face:
Oct 27, 2013 2:17 AM

Apr 2009
Canute was so moe this chapter.

The preview line was hilarious as well, Boat and Farming arcs are truly the best!
NidhoeggrOct 27, 2013 2:21 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 27, 2013 7:35 AM

Aug 2007
This chapter turned out quite different from what I expected, but it was a great read! :D It was surprisingly lighthearted and funny after all the gore and killing just a few chapters ago. And I loved Canute laughing his ass off, it's interesting how easily they turned Canute from the ultimate villain to a likable... friend? I'm amazed.
Oct 27, 2013 1:00 PM

Apr 2008
Next chapter, Thorfinn finally gets on the fucking boat.

Well played :D I'm awaiting for what's next.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Oct 28, 2013 3:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another world, another way of life is truly possible.

What a great manga this is.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 28, 2013 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
I didn't expect this development at all. The panel with Canute laughing his head off caught me off guard. Now I wonder if Thorfinn and Canute's paths will intersect once again. Also, there's something the translation didn't convey. Just before Thorfinn declared his plan to run away his tone suddenly changed to addressing himself with "ore" and Canute with "omae", which is the reason why Einar became frightened and the vikings readied their weapons to punish Thorfinn for disrespecting the king. Also, just before Canute's epic laughter, Thorfinn mockingly changed his tone and said "sayonara, ou-heika"

I wonder about the Ketil's: are they now off he hook or are they going to accompany Thorfinn? there's also the mystery regarding whether Patil survived the battle or not. Also, the fact that some chapters ago Floki was reminded of Thors showed that Yukimura has plans to have Thorfinn confront Floki about Thors' murder. I can't see Thorfinn setting sail for Vinland without resolving that issue.

Oveall, an epic update and I can't wait to see where Thorfinn would set sail to next.
Oct 28, 2013 11:42 AM

Sep 2008
Like you all said, epic and very unexpected. But it almost felt like the end, except for a few small loose ends. I'm not sure where this is headed, and I'm not going to take a guess either because i know the author has a penchant for taking unexpected routes. planetes was like that, and Vinland saga has been like that as well since the beginning, especially post-Askellad.
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Oct 28, 2013 2:24 PM
Dec 2012
kennikitty said:
This chapter turned out quite different from what I expected, but it was a great read! :D It was surprisingly lighthearted and funny after all the gore and killing just a few chapters ago. And I loved Canute laughing his ass off, it's interesting how easily they turned Canute from the ultimate villain to a likable... friend? I'm amazed.
Well he actually went from shy pussy to ultimate villain to likable friend. That's some character development.
Oct 28, 2013 6:44 PM

Aug 2007
gilgamesh310 said:
kennikitty said:
Well he actually went from shy pussy to ultimate villain to likable friend. That's some character development.

Absolutely right and he's not the only one. Thorfin himself went from whiney boy, to heartless killing-machiene, to human being, to a pacifist looking for peace, how crazy is that? And it's actually believable, that's the best part. So much development for those two.
Oct 29, 2013 6:33 AM
Dec 2012
kennikitty said:

Absolutely right and he's not the only one. Thorfin himself went from whiney boy, to heartless killing-machiene, to human being, to a pacifist looking for peace, how crazy is that? And it's actually believable, that's the best part. So much development for those two.

Yes, I normally loathe pacifist warriors in fiction. Anime and manga tends to be full of them but in Vinland's case it's actually quite well done and believable. I do wonder if Thorfin is going to stay that way though. I kind of want a return to the days of bloodshed and slaughter. Maybe he will end up being like Thors(and Batman for that matter) and beat people with his fists later on. Nevertheless, it's a fantastic story. It could end up surpassing Berserk some day.
Oct 29, 2013 10:28 PM

Aug 2013
Lol~
Didn't expect that coming. Great chapter.
Nov 10, 2013 11:56 AM

May 2012
Fantastic, amused Canute was the last thing I expected from this chapter :D
Nov 11, 2013 12:45 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
Canute's different face was totally unexpected and I liked it.
Dec 22, 2014 9:19 AM

Sep 2013
I loved how this all played out in the end. There is some hope in that cruel world after all. ^_^

I love how this mangaka can bring in unexpected twists after unexpected twists, while still being believable in their execution.
Feb 17, 2016 11:35 PM

Dec 2013
Those were some hilarious negotiations.

Hard to take it seriously when Thorfinn's face is like that.
Apr 7, 2017 11:20 AM

May 2014
Well damn, Canute just turned into a good guy all of a sudden.
Apr 18, 2017 5:49 AM

Oct 2014
I love the way Canute's expressions were drawn this chapter, Yukimura is such a wonderful artist
Oct 9, 2017 9:57 AM

Jan 2016
What the fuck just happened?
Jul 23, 2019 6:55 AM

Sep 2014
Lmao, that was funny as heck
Dec 10, 2019 10:25 AM

Nov 2016
Thorgil's disappointment was priceless.

And wow, what a refreshing turn of events. Canute and Thorfinn are simply something else.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 2, 2020 12:53 AM

Jan 2009
Canute and Thorfin will create a paradise that is different from one another

may the best paradise win then
Feb 12, 2020 1:47 PM

Apr 2018
Two people having same aim to make this world paradise but by different methods damn what a masterpiece arc this is I am really enjoying this and I love Canute and seeing him laughing at Thorffin remind me of that time when Thorffin used to make fun of Canute
Feb 11, 2021 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
And thus ends the farmland saga, I think.

Honestly incredible. This chapter was such a satisfying read, and thorfinn finally sets off for vinland. Canute and thorfinn are completely different characters from the askeladd arc in the anime. This is the only manga I've read so I don't have anything to base it off of but this is a masterpiece.
Nov 4, 2021 12:49 PM
Nov 2019
OMG Canute actually left the farm. It's cool to see that Thorfinn and Canute came to an understanding.
Nov 23, 2021 3:09 PM

Mar 2021
aww good to see canute's laughing like that

and i didn't thought he'd left the farm
Feb 24, 2023 8:56 AM

Nov 2020
one of the best chapters so far

Mar 29, 2023 4:17 AM
Jan 2020
I think Canute understood that even though he is still saying he is trying to create paradise, he is not going on that path. Obviously, due to "The Curse of the Crown." Now he came to his original path due to Thorfinn's peaceful approach. It is nice to see that they are still friends after all that happened between them in the past.
May 1, 11:34 PM
May 2022
such a goated manga. loved every chapter

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 210 Discussion

RodIshiCi - Apr 27

25 by Ranxomare »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 170 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 25, 2020

15 by Messi_10GOAT »»
May 13, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 103 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2014

9 by AceGeek »»
May 2, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Chapter 100 Discussion

TAK3Z0 - Dec 22, 2013

45 by AceGeek »»
May 1, 11:47 PM

» vinland saga manga is ending soon

deg - Apr 13

7 by deg »»
Apr 24, 5:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.