Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 15, 2009 7:43 PM

Aug 2008
Well I'm about to start watching the series and I'm curious, around what episode I should watch this special or does it even matter.
Feb 15, 2009 7:44 PM

Nov 2007
Toward the end of the first season. I watched it after, though.
Mar 10, 2009 5:26 PM

Aug 2008
I'd say it's best to watch it as if it were ep 15.5 and view it as if it were part of the Eye Opening Chapter's time-line (Eye Opening Chapter Part 0). This is because it contains almost spoilers for both the Curse Killing and Time Wasting chapters, doesn't make sense as part of the Atonement chapter and obviously happens near the beginning of a time-line. The only other place it would really make sense is as ep 4.5 (Cotton Drifting Part 0) but it could potentially give away too much if viewed that early.
Mar 17, 2009 8:13 PM

Feb 2009
I agree with bbobjs. Any time after that is fine too, just make sure not to watch it too early.
May 8, 2011 3:02 PM

Apr 2011
Higurashi no naku koro ni is a series that you can't stop watching once you've seen an episode. That's the way it was for me anyways...

I came to My Anime List to find information on how many series there were, and found that there were also specials. I actually ended up watching Higurashi no nako koro ni plus kai and rei before watching this because it was a special. But then I realized it was meant as part of the first season.

I would watch it right after the first season before moving on to Higurashi Kai because it has a twist that will keep you guessing and add more fun and enjoyment to watching Kai and Rei.
Teehee. I didn't bother putting a signature here.... so get over it >.<
Jan 22, 2012 12:30 AM
Dec 2007
miku0326 said:
Higurashi no naku koro ni is a series that you can't stop watching once you've seen an episode. That's the way it was for me anyways...

I came to My Anime List to find information on how many series there were, and found that there were also specials. I actually ended up watching Higurashi no nako koro ni plus kai and rei before watching this because it was a special. But then I realized it was meant as part of the first season.

I would watch it right after the first season before moving on to Higurashi Kai because it has a twist that will keep you guessing and add more fun and enjoyment to watching Kai and Rei.
Not to mention this special is completely unimportant once you finish Kai. This Special, especifically is meant to introduce the mistery of the Yagouchi Quarry, a location completely unimportant once you learn the truth. For those who have watched Kai and still don't get it, due to several cut details, basically it boils down to this:

Jul 9, 2012 5:52 AM
May 2011
This must be seen after the First series, there is the big spoiler flashback about the Onikakushi-hen.
Rating things is overrated.
Sep 15, 2022 7:38 PM

Jun 2019
This episode either takes place sometime later in the first season or between the end of the first season and the beginning of the second season. So as it has no exact episode placement number which would allow you to place it specifically, the safest and most preferable option, in my view, would just be to watch it between seasons one and two.

It also has the feel of a later season one episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Special: Nekogoroshi-Hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

unknowdata - Jan 7, 2008

74 by waalex11 »»
Jan 6, 2022 6:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.