Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2013 6:13 PM
Oct 2012
Yvese said:
True, but in a sense she was still ripped off since she didn't know where or what the real stone looked like and was lied to :P

No, she was not "lied to". What happened was that someone else made off with the real stone, but the assessor (i.e. the youmu) did not lie about the value of the stone she was giving, and there is no indication that the youmu was aware that someone else made off with the proper jewel (she was unconscious at the time).

Sorry to be seeming to beat a dead horse on this, but this point may later prove to be important.
Oct 23, 2013 6:31 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
It's contrived and poorly explained nonsense

How can something be both contrived and poorly explained at the same time?

Kaioshin_Sama said:
that in any other show by any other studio would have probably been called out far more and criticized as such.

I think you completely missed the significance of the Spirit Association representative saying "No wonder why the society is concerned" after Mirai saved Akihito. Up until this point there has been no indication that the Society was "concerned" with Akihito, but lots of statements about their concerns regarding Mirai: so it suggests that his comments were about her. That is a hint that her ability to save him was not contrived, but rather a foreshadow to what is coming next.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
They could have spent the time further fleshing out Mirai's past and thus actually given some better meaning for her actions,

You really need this explained? Mirai killed her best friend, and in doing so confirmed what everyone said about her, that she is cursed to kill those who she gets closed to. Because of this she has a death wish and went to fight the Hollow not to win, but to die. Akihito coming to rescue her was a surprise to her, because she never really thought that anyone would care so it didn't matter what she said or did. When Akihito went berserk (which was fueled by his feelings of being an outsider), Mirai understood that in many ways he was cursed like her (which is why she recalled her scene telling him he didn't understand her), and this drove her to try to save him.

This was so patently obvious that had you said what I just wrote and said that this show was predictable, I wouldn't have argued with you, but to miss something so obvious, that is why I mock you. If it wasn't clear that you are completely oblivious I wouldn't care to respond, thinking that you were a troll, but knowing that even if I explain this to you, you still won't get it is too amusing to pass up.
Oct 23, 2013 6:33 PM

Sep 2012
Omg, best episode so far!
Akihito was amazing!
Can't wait for next episode
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Oct 23, 2013 6:36 PM

Oct 2012
Wow that was just a awesome episode
Oct 23, 2013 6:49 PM

Jun 2012
The background music (about 6:50) when they were running on the train sounds kinda like in Twilight Princess when you're fighting a shadow beast:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d3YQHS6eFY
or it could just be my imagination. :o

The saving by hug was kinda strange, but it was still kinda good even for a cliche. Though, it did seem kinda odd that something so simple stopped what none of the more experienced people could. Even if her blood burns, surely it's not that powerful... and besides, I thought his life being in peril makes him lose control, why would that help subdue it too? >.> I suppose looking at it like that, he should've lost control all the other times she nearly killed him, ah well... hopefully it'll cover more on this later on.
Oct 23, 2013 6:49 PM

Apr 2011
Great episode. I knew things would get better and this was it.

The website stream where I watched cut off the ending so I did not get. I'm gonna watch it again when I get the complete episode.
MagitoOct 24, 2013 5:10 AM
Oct 23, 2013 6:54 PM

Oct 2007
Takuan_Soho said:

How can something be both contrived and poorly explained at the same time?

Very easily. The hug scene is contrived cause it's trying to play it off like there's some actual chemistry between Mirai and Akihito (the show seems to mistake chemistry for having characters banter at each other for three episodes about glasses and him saying he has a fetish for them and her having some sob story background for people to be sympathetic over towards her as opposed to real attraction do to things like personality and shared experiences) when there is none and it's poorly explained cause we have little idea as to why the hell it worked other than pure speculation.

Kaioshin_Sama said:
I think you completely missed the significance of the Spirit Association representative saying "No wonder why the society is concerned" after Mirai saved Akihito. Up until this point there has been no indication that the Society was "concerned" with Akihito, but lots of statements about their concerns regarding Mirai: so it suggests that his comments were about her. That is a hint that her ability to save him was not contrived, but rather a foreshadow to what is coming next.

I'll at least buy this because it seems plausible, but you'd think in terms of making the scene have more impact and dramatic weight they might have made sure all the nuances about it were understood by the audience beforehand. Now that the scene is over and done I highly doubt it'll have cause to delve back into what happened during it but if it does at least that'll be something I suppose. An actual half effort after the fact if you will, which by Kyoani standards of storytelling would be something of a creative breakthrough.

Kaioshin_Sama said:

You really need this explained? Mirai killed her best friend, and in doing so confirmed what everyone said about her, that she is cursed to kill those who she gets closed to. Because of this she has a death wish and went to fight the Hollow not to win, but to die. Akihito coming to rescue her was a surprise to her, because she never really thought that anyone would care so it didn't matter what she said or did. When Akihito went berserk (which was fueled by his feelings of being an outsider), Mirai understood that in many ways he was cursed like her (which is why she recalled her scene telling him he didn't understand her), and this drove her to try to save him.

This was so patently obvious that had you said what I just wrote and said that this show was predictable, I wouldn't have argued with you, but to miss something so obvious, that is why I mock you. If it wasn't clear that you are completely oblivious I wouldn't care to respond, thinking that you were a troll, but knowing that even if I explain this to you, you still won't get it is too amusing to pass up.

You know I did get why all that happened and what not, I guess I just expected it to be less bland and typical and delve further into things like basic things like personality and motivation not just that these things happen because it's the cliche thing to have happen. I know I might have mentioned this but this show has kind of done a poor job at establishing and defining characters. They are still at the moment very much driven by where the plot seems to want them to go rather than by what the viewer would derive as their natural instinct. I always find it better when I understand a character and why they did something because it helps to make those "subtleties" that the current anime community finds so all important actually have a meaningful impact and me go, "Why that's so that character doing that thing they do and it's why I like them".
Oct 23, 2013 7:06 PM

Mar 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:

The saving by hug was kinda strange, but it was still kinda good even for a cliche. Though, it did seem kinda odd that something so simple stopped what none of the more experienced people could. Even if her blood burns, surely it's not that powerful... and besides, I thought his life being in peril makes him lose control, why would that help subdue it too? >.> I suppose looking at it like that, he should've lost control all the other times she nearly killed him, ah well... hopefully it'll cover more on this later on.

Her blood certainly wouldn't have been powerful enough if Akihito was at full power, but at that point Akihito was already substantially weakened. You can tell from the fact that he's only able to toss a couple of fire balls at Mirai to stop her whereas before he unleashed dozens and perhaps hundreds against Hiroomi and company. His exhaustion against them is the key. The burning from Mirai was just the last straw.

And the fact that his life being in peril makes him lose control can't really go on ad infinitum (that wouldn't make sense logically). Since Akihito is only half youmu, his stamina is probably isn't as high as he otherwise would've been -- not to mention he clearly doesn't try to use those powers very often.

As to why he's never turned before after Mirai stabs him, I think this part's fairly obvious. Because Mirai's physical attacks have never truly threatened his life. It was only when Mirai chose to use her forbidden corrosive powers that his life actually comes in danger.
Oct 23, 2013 7:22 PM

Apr 2009
Okay, cool, so I'm watching Naruto now? DARKNESS as well as friendship and hugs conquering all?

Great. Thanks, Kyoani.
Oct 23, 2013 7:28 PM

Jan 2008
Amarrez said:
Okay, cool, so I'm watching Naruto now? DARKNESS as well as friendship and hugs conquering all?

Great. Thanks, Kyoani.

So she using her blood to weaken down demon Akihito wasn't even a possibility in your mind?
Oct 23, 2013 7:32 PM

Feb 2013
Best episode so far, to me. Really liked the soundtrack and the development.

But that barrier scene....with the half-youma akihito and that soundtrack reminds me of Bleach. Especially the soundtrack ( looks like a remix of Treachery).
Oct 23, 2013 7:37 PM

Aug 2013
This episode was probably the best so far, I'm liking it more and more. But still... A hug saves him? Really? I'm hoping Mirai did something else like with her blood or something to turn him back.
wow gay
Oct 23, 2013 7:40 PM

Jun 2013
Amazing episode! Defenitaely the best one yet! :) so far through 4 out odf 12 episodes this gets a 9 out of 10 from me! :)
Oct 23, 2013 7:41 PM
Oct 2012
SliceofHorror said:
This episode was probably the best so far, I'm liking it more and more. But still... A hug saves him? Really?

What was turning Akihito into a Youmu, what was driving his rage. Understand that and you understand why the hug saved him. "Music has charms to soothe the savage beast", that expression is around 300 years old, but what is music compared to someone really understanding and accepting?

Not saying that this is a completely original concept, it isn't. It is a well know trope, but all stories are just tropes, what separates them is how well they tell them.
Oct 23, 2013 7:42 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
summerwars said:
why are all people so angry about the hug scene? are you never hugged by your sweetheart when you were in rage so you could calm down a bit? is such a scenario so unbelievable? what would you do in Mirais place? call the police? do a bad speech? call Obama and let him do the speech while you check twitter or facebook if this guy over there is really that angry now? are you all cold heartless anime criticism machines never loved by one or never been in love with somebody?

i enjoyed this episode, but for my tast the first episodes were more interesting because there were more secrets in the air what i like. now i know a little bit to much about the main charas. but now some other problems with the side charas appear, so no problem for me. ^^ i am exited what will happen next.

lold at the thumbsup scene xD

It's contrived and poorly explained nonsense that in any other show by any other studio would have probably been called out far more and criticized as such. Really the whole scene of Akihito going berserk just feels kind of out of nowhere. They could have spent the time further fleshing out Mirai's past and thus actually given some better meaning for her actions, but nope, gotta go with the contrived relationship building BS instead of building it in a way that makes sense earlier on when they were instead wasting time with bad comedic quips between the characters and Mirai tripping all over the place.

It's scenes like that that really make me appreciate the likes of White Album 2 which absolutely crushes this show in terms of building a consistent atmosphere, setting, themes and character relationships after three episodes. And before anybody says it I'm not talking about in terms of genre but in general. This show is just lousy at this stuff period and the way it's going will only continue to be so.

Haven't we explained how his skin was sizzling from the blood during that scene?

Or have you still not actually watched the episode
Oct 23, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, a really great episode.
Hopefully its all uphill from here
Oct 23, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2013
Guys it was her blood not the hug that made his youmu form dormant.

So Izumi is working for the bad guys or is that a different person in the after ED scene?

Great fight and a cool episode.
Oct 23, 2013 8:00 PM

Oct 2007
comonad said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
summerwars said:
why are all people so angry about the hug scene? are you never hugged by your sweetheart when you were in rage so you could calm down a bit? is such a scenario so unbelievable? what would you do in Mirais place? call the police? do a bad speech? call Obama and let him do the speech while you check twitter or facebook if this guy over there is really that angry now? are you all cold heartless anime criticism machines never loved by one or never been in love with somebody?

i enjoyed this episode, but for my tast the first episodes were more interesting because there were more secrets in the air what i like. now i know a little bit to much about the main charas. but now some other problems with the side charas appear, so no problem for me. ^^ i am exited what will happen next.

lold at the thumbsup scene xD

It's contrived and poorly explained nonsense that in any other show by any other studio would have probably been called out far more and criticized as such. Really the whole scene of Akihito going berserk just feels kind of out of nowhere. They could have spent the time further fleshing out Mirai's past and thus actually given some better meaning for her actions, but nope, gotta go with the contrived relationship building BS instead of building it in a way that makes sense earlier on when they were instead wasting time with bad comedic quips between the characters and Mirai tripping all over the place.

It's scenes like that that really make me appreciate the likes of White Album 2 which absolutely crushes this show in terms of building a consistent atmosphere, setting, themes and character relationships after three episodes. And before anybody says it I'm not talking about in terms of genre but in general. This show is just lousy at this stuff period and the way it's going will only continue to be so.

Haven't we explained how his skin was sizzling from the blood during that scene?

Or have you still not actually watched the episode

Again see part about it still being contrived and poorly explained nonsense and this show having piss poor world building and establishment of character chemistry for the umpteenth time as my reason for criticizing the episode. I'd say stop paying attention to incidental details and start focusing on the bigger picture the show is trying and IMO failing to paint so far, but going by this community I think that'd be a pretty tall order.

The blood thing btw is pure speculation on other fans parts. It's probably the case, but unless the show clarifies it as such there's no knowing for sure and it remains a scene where a character tackled a dude to the ground and he somehow went back to normal for "reasons".

Now that I think of it it's never really explained how this is a perilous state for him to go berserk in but being stabbed repeatedly by a girl with a sword out of nowhere in the opening episodes does not constitute such a state. Just another area where this shows been pretty inconsistent. It's like every time I think about any particular scene in this episode another question pops up as to why such and such happened here and now as opposed to some other time. Like for example Sakura says that Mirai's blood erodes flesh yet we don't see that happening with Akihito at any point yet we also see it withering away trees in the general vicinity at one point. Yet Mirai's blood does nothing to her clothing nor his when she's latching onto him in the scene at the end, but apparently simple contact is enough to completely purify the guys Youmu side only to stop sizzling the second he's transformed back? What am I missing here exactly?
PeacingOutOct 23, 2013 8:15 PM
Oct 23, 2013 8:07 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
comonad said:

Again see part about it still being contrived and poorly explained nonsense and this show having piss poor world building and establishment of character chemistry for the umpteenth time as my reason for criticizing the episode. I'd say stop paying attention to incidental details and start focusing on the bigger picture the show is trying and IMO failing to paint so far, but going by this community I think that'd be a pretty tall order.

The blood thing btw is pure speculation on other fans parts. It's probably the case, but unless the show clarifies it as such there's no knowing for sure and it remains a scene where a character tackled a dude to the ground and he somehow went back to normal for "reasons".

Now that I think of it it's never really explained how this is a perilous state for him to go berserk in but being stabbed repeatedly by a girl with a sword out of nowhere in the opening episodes does not constitute such a state. Just another area where this shows been pretty inconsistent. It's like every time I think about any particular scene in this episode another question pops up as to why such and such happened here and now as opposed to some other time.

The best shows don't point things out in your face and expect you to actually force you to pay attention to details.

And the sizzling sound is absolute proof.

Also spraying the blood as he ordered after he was stabbed was what caused him to go into such a state. Stabbing isn't as bad because his healing powers allow him to heal the wound while the rest of his body functions. After the blood sprayed, his entire body was basically becoming disfunctional. As noted by the fact that his human form essentially became unconscious for the first time due to the wounds.

Mod Edit: Quote tower put into spoiler tag.
ThangLongOct 25, 2013 10:45 AM
Oct 23, 2013 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
did they just rob her??? o.O
that stone could have set her for life, ie end series 4 episodes in and we'd be all happy /the end
Oct 23, 2013 8:17 PM

Oct 2007
comonad said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

The best shows don't point things out in your face and expect you to actually force you to pay attention to details.

And the sizzling sound is absolute proof.

Also spraying the blood as he ordered after he was stabbed was what caused him to go into such a state. Stabbing isn't as bad because his healing powers allow him to heal the wound while the rest of his body functions. After the blood sprayed, his entire body was basically becoming disfunctional. As noted by the fact that his human form essentially became unconscious for the first time due to the wounds.

I'm not talking about pointing stuff out I'm talking about basic consistency from scene to scene when it comes to mechanics. As an example Mirai has stabbed him clean through multiple times in the past so why did he never go berserk during any of those scenes and instead just started blathering about his glasses fetish? In this case I think a little better exposition really would have helped a lot too. Not really sure why others don't feel otherwise.

Also the best shows give me reason to care through proper world building and establishment which this show sucks at so I'm really not seeing the case for it being this amazing show. Then again Kyoani factor so peoples compasses are of course all wonky and standards and expectations are going to be at their absolute most rock bottom in order for it to achieve that "great show" status as always. Kyokai no Kanata the best show eh.....huh...nah it just doesn't jive. Not good enough sorry.

plushkin said:
that stone could have set her for life, ie end series 4 episodes in and we'd be all happy /the end

I don't know about you but seeing Mirai consistently poor and destitute is about one of the only kind of amusing things that stands out about her character to me so far. For her to lose that might as well mean losing everything about her at this rate.

Mod Edit: Quote tower put into spoiler tag.
ThangLongOct 25, 2013 10:46 AM
Oct 23, 2013 8:22 PM

Jul 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Yvese said:
True, but in a sense she was still ripped off since she didn't know where or what the real stone looked like and was lied to :P

No, she was not "lied to". What happened was that someone else made off with the real stone, but the assessor (i.e. the youmu) did not lie about the value of the stone she was giving, and there is no indication that the youmu was aware that someone else made off with the proper jewel (she was unconscious at the time).

Sorry to be seeming to beat a dead horse on this, but this point may later prove to be important.

Doesn't change the fact that they robbed her of her kill. Robbed her blind I might add.
It's like taking out Walpurgisnacht single-handed, and while she's passed out, they switched out her grief seed with a tootsie roll. It's that disappointing. i mean wtf was kyoani thinking?
Oct 23, 2013 8:23 PM
Oct 2013
Damn! its totally awesome!!
its true that i expect good battle scenes..
but i never think that it'll be as epic as this episode!
Oct 23, 2013 8:25 PM

Dec 2007
They were thinking that life isn't always fair, and it would seem that the Hollow Shadow will play a larger role later down the line.
Oct 23, 2013 8:27 PM

Jul 2010
Funny Ringtone ,iris only in his dreams...XD
Boy is Aki a cute beast ,yet the episode was so emotional T^T
The fight and action was great animation didn't fail

Jul 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:

plushkin said:

I don't know about you but seeing Mirai consistently poor and destitute is about one of the only kind of amusing things that stands out about her character to me so far. For her to lose that might as well mean losing everything about her at this rate.

Well, poor people are funny I guess =S

Oct 2007
plushkin said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Yvese said:

Doesn't change the fact that they robbed her of her kill. Robbed her blind I might add.
It's like taking out Walpurgisnacht single-handed, and while she's passed out, they switched out her grief seed with a tootsie roll. It's that disappointing. i mean wtf was kyoani thinking?

lol when it comes to scenes that make me ask what was Kyoani thinking this is one of the ones that least has me asking that question. I think this is one of the few things to happen in this show that could actually kind of work in it's favor in terms of getting more interesting because now we have a conspiracy and questions to answer like why exactly they would do such a thing in the first place.

Of course Kyoani's writers could fully squander this chance by just never bringing it up again or being inconsistent about it, but I hope to god they at least manage to give what seems like an important plot point it's due focus.
Oct 23, 2013 8:39 PM

Nov 2012
Shiiit all that feels.. that action..
Aki's youmu side is very cool. Reminds me of Inuyasha lol.
Love this episode, hope there'll be some more things going on later.

5/5
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Oct 23, 2013 8:40 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, I really thought that the Hollow Shadow was gonna be some kind of final boss thing. Didn't expect it to go down already.

This show just got a lot more interesting. I hope to see the other times he had a youmu rampage.
Oct 23, 2013 8:49 PM

Dec 2012
Cool episode. Akihito is really strong when he becomes a yomu.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 23, 2013 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
SliceofHorror said:
This episode was probably the best so far, I'm liking it more and more. But still... A hug saves him? Really?

What was turning Akihito into a Youmu, what was driving his rage. Understand that and you understand why the hug saved him. "Music has charms to soothe the savage beast", that expression is around 300 years old, but what is music compared to someone really understanding and accepting?

Not saying that this is a completely original concept, it isn't. It is a well know trope, but all stories are just tropes, what separates them is how well they tell them.
I still think it would be nice if they stepped above what has been done many times before and made it so that it was Mirai's blood that turned Akihito back. We don't really know what happened, hopefully they tell us sometime in the future.
wow gay
Oct 23, 2013 8:53 PM

Jul 2010
The anime was seriously losing its appeal. I think this episode managed to remedy that for the time being. We'll see how the rest of the season goes though.
Oct 23, 2013 8:58 PM

Jul 2011
I was having some major doubts about this anime before but this episode seemed to dispell most of my worries that the story will just be generic.
The last half really blew me away, it was all pretty damn cool. (excluding the hug-to-turn-him-back thing, but I'm already expecting this show to be littered with chilches here and there so I wasn't too upset by it.)
also,
I actually wasn't a fan of Hiroomi before, but he won me over this time and I'm not too sure how he did it.
Oct 23, 2013 9:16 PM

Nov 2007
Did the older sister took the Hollow Shadow? That was a terrible thing for her to do when Mirai and Akihito were almost at the verge of death while trying to defeat it!

Mirai and Akihito are finally staring to understand one another. Particularly Mirai. Now that she sees how she is not the only one with a curse, she will start to try becoming more like an ordinary human, or maybe more like an ordinary beauty with glasses.

More Mitsuki screentime please! Looks like we are going to have some in next week! Yuush!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 23, 2013 9:28 PM
Jul 2012
Wow, reading some of the comments in this forum really makes me wonder what other people see when watching this anime. Or maybe they're just blind. I thought this was a great episode.

On another note, I figured Akihito would have some kind of immense latent power. It kind of reminded me of Ichigo when his Hollow powers go out of control.

And the plot thickens. I wonder who Izumi brought the Hollow Shadow to?
Oct 23, 2013 9:39 PM

Oct 2012
I wonder why she hesitated to stab him when she did so already a million times. Maybe the raining blood thing was understandable though.

Otherwise great ep.
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 23, 2013 9:40 PM

Dec 2007
She hesitated because she knew it would cause him a ton of pain. And the two had bonded for quite a bit.
Oct 23, 2013 9:42 PM

May 2011
Entertaining episode. Didn't think Akihito's youmu powers were actually that powerful.
Oct 23, 2013 9:58 PM

Mar 2012
Pknoctis said:
The youmu transformation was pretty beast, but I rolled my eyes when the power of the hug transformed him back to normal.

I don't think it was the hug that transformed him back to normal. I have a wicked strong feeling that there's still something about her power that they're hiding.
Oct 23, 2013 10:14 PM

Feb 2010
Dat Ringtone!!!

better episode than the last 3... overall...
Oct 23, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2012
I am quite sure it is her blood that did the trick, or else why the smoke. Can't be wind.
Onisan did anyone see my rabbit? No, but we are having rabbit for dinner (Angelic Smile).
Oct 23, 2013 10:34 PM

Jul 2011
I rolled my eyes when he got back to normal just because Mirak hugged him, but the rest was very good
Oct 23, 2013 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
KyoAni like to do rollercoster on their series, i like it
Oct 23, 2013 10:43 PM

Aug 2013
plushkin said:

Yeah I was thinking the same. Poor girl can't even make ends meet then that happens. I felt sorry for her when she only got 200 yen for all that effort :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 24, 2013 12:19 AM

Sep 2012
shanimebib said:

More Mitsuki screentime please!

^ indeed. I'm looking forward to the next episode because it seemed like she'll be appearing for a longer period.

I'd like more of the Nase siblings interacting. My heart swelled with joy from the interaction between them at the start of the episode.
rainbowcakesOct 24, 2013 7:51 PM
Oct 24, 2013 1:14 AM

Nov 2010
That was great.
Oct 24, 2013 2:07 AM

Oct 2009
Well, it finally picked up.

Shame she didn't get the rock.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2013 2:33 AM

May 2011
Aquarius215 said:
Wow, reading some of the comments in this forum really makes me wonder what other people see when watching this anime. Or maybe they're just blind. I thought this was a great episode.

On another note, I figured Akihito would have some kind of immense latent power. It kind of reminded me of Ichigo when his Hollow powers go out of control.

And the plot thickens. I wonder who Izumi brought the Hollow Shadow to?

I seen it too.

It gets to the point that if your trying to argue with someone over plot elements of the show because they're too obtuse, Your best off just not bothering. It's obvious they're just in blind hatred mode.
Oct 24, 2013 2:50 AM
Apr 2013
You'd wonder why people come into a forum about an anime they hate to create a pointless war. Feeling the need to senselessly force and justify your opinion onto another human being is stupid to me. What it shows me is that you have an incessant need to dominate the opinions of others which your own, that your own opinion seems to mean garbage to yourself without first brutally convincing others that your say in the matter is the be all end all.
You'd wonder why it is so hard to you know, STOP WATCHING something you don't like.
Rant_Over

I for one love this show. Viewing it logically I can understand and see its flaws but my personal enjoyment seems to render these flaws irrelevant. ^_^ Hoping this will take off eventually, I for one would love a second season(though it is still early days).
Oct 24, 2013 4:05 AM

May 2010
"Fuyukai desu" is slowly becoming my fav. phrase of this season, so cute

Yui became a titan- I mean hollow shadow. That blood rain, poor Mirai... When she stabbed him, the chills... Akihito in his youmu form reminded me so much of "Evil Dead", he needs to control his youmu abilities and become powerful.

This episode was amazing with that usual great animation, I am really loving all the characters now.. Sure it got a bit of nakama power by end, but it was still great with how she was relate with him finally and hugged him to calm him down.

200 yen seriously?

That ending song literally kills me every week, seriously IT IS SO SO SOOOO MUCH FABULOUS! I have already remembered the lyrics, hummed it countless times, seen it a lot and still somehow can't get it out of my mind... It is so so perfect with its animation, concept and it's song, that I just don't know..
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

195 by lordspacecat »»
Mar 10, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.