Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2009 7:19 PM

Jan 2008
Harry at AICN creeping me out again.

Ever since this anime its been followed by nothing but shit. The manga, the atrocious TV series and now this lame-looking movie. How hard is it to make a decent story about a schoolgirl killing vampires? HUH!?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 15, 2009 7:05 PM
Jan 2009
Well I love the original movie, but Blood+ just never interested me. However I think this live action movie could be promising. So I'm going to give it a chance.

If it turns out good then it will just add to the franchise, if I don't like it then I can just pretend I never saw it and go back to just watching the original movie.

Apr 7, 2009 10:14 AM
Sep 2008
I honestly have no idea how they got Blood+ from the movie. The only similarities are the names.
This is the worry we should all be realistically feeling for the live-action movie. Best-case scenario would be "cautious optimism".
Apr 23, 2009 11:44 PM

Mar 2005
oh shit I just found out about this today. Yo, Jun Ji-Hyun (Saya) is fucking hot. She was the best part of the only k-dorama i've ever watched to this day (My Sassy Girl), and she'll be the biggest reason I'm watching this one. Plus the fact that Milla Jorovich from Res Evil is also in this, and there's also Ang Lee directing this (great director). This is definitely on my list.

But shit, I can't believe they're actually bringing Jun Ji-Hyun into an American movie. This is gonna be ridiculous. First you put Kristin Kreuk into Street Fighter, Mila Kunis into Max Payne, and Jamie Chung into Dragonball. Hollywood knows which girls to put into their adaptations.
May 5, 2009 2:07 PM

Feb 2009
Ang Lee? I hope it won't be, but it probably will be, just like the Hulk. It also seems like they've used all the good action scenes for the trailer xD
May 5, 2009 3:30 PM

Jan 2008
Ang Lee's not directing. It's some no-name, and the movie will be trash no matter how hot the females in it are.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
May 12, 2009 6:11 AM

Feb 2009
so you're saying if the chicks were uglier it might be good?
May 12, 2009 6:13 AM

Jan 2008
Jonnieh said:
so you're saying if the chicks were uglier it might be good?

I dont know if you're joking, but incase you're not I was implying that hot females would alleviate the pain of how awful a film is, but this movie looks so awful even the hot females wouldnt save it.

Yep yep.
May 12, 2009 6:35 AM
Jun 2008
Hmmm, crappy Japanese version, give it a few years and a Hollywood remake will be in the works. All you can hope for with that one would be better action and direction but the complete destruction of the original storyline and characters. Which is a lesser evil??

Awful Japanese version that sticks to the story and characters a little too closely or better looking, better produced American version with the only thing relating it to the original material is the name? (And maybe not even that).

All in all, I give this upcoming movie, based on this trailer, two toes down.
May 29, 2009 9:27 PM

Nov 2008
I just finished watching the movie (we're talking about the original anime here) and was quite impressed. I am quite puzzled by how it got such a low rating. Is it because of the weird accented English they used? All in all, to see such fantastic animation in 2000 is just stunning and a feast for the eyes. It's a pity this wasn't a full movie.

8/10
Jun 19, 2009 11:23 AM

Jun 2007
yea it was pretty good, but the way how onigen died was meh...
Jul 3, 2009 8:05 PM

Oct 2008
Huh people didn't see the relationship between this show and blood+? i'd go back and watch both again as they're pretty similar, although of course there are some key difference. If you've seen one and watch the other, you should be able to get right in to it just changing a couple small details.

I'm also surprised there are actually people who think this one is better than blood+ as blood+ is so significantly better that if i wasn't such a big blood+ fan, i probably would have gave up on this movie before it was over. That is the reason it has a low review, because blood+ is quite a bit better in every way.
Jul 4, 2009 5:56 AM

Feb 2009
Falatorx said:
Huh people didn't see the relationship between this show and blood+?

erm. i think we are all aware of the relationship between the two. that's why we're talking about:

Beatnik said:
a decent story about a schoolgirl killing vampires

or lack of, in the LIVE ACTION movie. I hope that's what you're talking about too.
Jul 4, 2009 1:50 PM

Apr 2008
Just been to see this (it came out in the UK a few weeks ago) and I rather enjoyed. The film mainly follows its own plot but uses the plot the original film to set it up, and there are a few scenes which are taken from the original as well (at least I assume it's its own plot, this could have been part of the light novels/video game/manga/Blood+ but I've only seen the original film, which I only saw for the first time yesturday). The only really negative comment I have is that the CGI was a little ropey but I don't think that SFX really matter that much (I've grown up on Doctor Who so I know that not too great special effects don't render something unenjoyable). All in all a fun and entertaining movie really.
Jul 26, 2009 10:12 PM

Jun 2009
so where's MAL entry for the 2009 movie?
Aug 24, 2021 11:57 AM
Apr 2021
I found the movie atrocious as is often the case with anime live action adaptions.

More topics from this board

» Watch order.

SandyAxe78 - Mar 2

2 by SandyAxe78 »»
Mar 2, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Blood: The Last Vampire Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

en_____ - Feb 20, 2010

64 by Alterlines »»
Oct 2, 2023 4:13 AM

» Saya from BtLV and Saya from Blood+, the same person?

kodial - Jul 28, 2011

16 by ArcFloof »»
Aug 12, 2019 6:25 AM

» How was the voice acting originally done?

LavenderCourage - Aug 17, 2009

2 by LavenderCourage »»
Sep 4, 2009 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.