Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 20, 2013 10:50 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Don't go into the forest, Red Riding Hood! The wolf will find you there!

That's what I found myself saying when Hikari jumped out with that little flower. I wouldn't be surprised if the parallel was intentional.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
Sep 21, 2014 2:33 PM

Aug 2012
Why is there so much death in this anime ... I thought this would be a super happy kid's show.
Jan 26, 2015 12:44 PM

Feb 2014
Why did Ascot have to make Hikari a cute fluffy thing? :(

I guess Umi is jealous because she's the only one whose sword hasn't evolved yet.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 31, 2016 12:16 AM

Aug 2013
How many chances is this scrub ass kid going to get. Can we move on to the next villain.
Jun 21, 2017 10:51 PM

Nov 2011
This was only a so-so episode imo since one episode isn't enough to build any attachment to the new Hikari, making Hikaru's dillema feel flat.

According to the preview the "next episode" is an hour long special, meaning episodes 9 and 10 apparently aired back-to-back. That's interesting.
Dec 6, 2017 10:56 PM
Jul 2018
There are like five anime series that I continuously go back too from time to time. They are anime like Slayers, Sailor Moon, Ranma, etc. Of course, Magic Knight Rayearth is one of them. I did Episode 8 tonight, and it's like the series never gets old. Even though it came out in 1994 (the anime adaptation.)

It's cute how much Hikaru loves animals. She named that cat-like creature Hikari just like her dog back in Tokyo. Even though it became such a ginormous monster, with razor-sharp teeth and a jaw that could crush through iron, she still didn't want Umi or Fuu to attack it. "Hikari just got bigger." lol.

Unfortunately for Ascot though, the Magic Knight's are just too much for his summoned monsters. This makes three now that got taken down by the Magic Knights lol.
Aug 22, 2020 5:55 AM

Aug 2018
I really wish that Fuu never got her Wings of Healing magic, it reduces the impact of a lot of scenes and it makes Fuu look like a bit of a moron.
Like in this episode she could have just healed the animal's leg but appareantly she completely forgot about the existance of her healing magic

I am liking this series but this fact keeps bugging me
Sep 29, 2020 11:36 AM

Nov 2017
Hikaru made a new canine-like friend and called it "Hikari" after her dog. Awwww, that's pretty cute. But it turns out it was one of that kid's minions called Vigor.

It sure gave Hikaru and her friends a bunch of trouble. Hikaru was hesitant to hurt it, but in the end she had to in order to save her friends. Thank goodness for Umi's water powers since the forest caught on fire and it would've been harder to find a way to put out the flames if she wasn't around
Dec 10, 2021 7:44 AM
Mar 2019
I feel like Hikaru cried more for Hikari/Vigor than Presea.. also, I expected Fuu to heal the leg. It annoys me how slow their reactions sometimes are and how much of screaming names there is. And how Fuu doesn't heal anyone, even her teammates in battle. Thank goodness for Umi to summon rain at least. Also, I expected Hikaru would have already learned from the Eterna spring experience that what attacks you probably isn't good.

It's kinda repetitive that Ascot already had 3 monsters destroyed so I hope there will be some kind of follow up (other than being punished by Zagato).
Jun 30, 2022 10:41 PM

Jan 2020
Is there any reason Fuu couldn't have healed Hikari when they first encountered him? She hasn't used that spell in awhile, I wonder if she forgot she has it.

Ascot sure complains about losing friends a lot for someone who is so eager to send them to their deaths. Maybe he should stop being evil and just go live out his life with his friends in peace.

This series is really making me want to drop everything I'm doing and play Tales of Arise.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 16, 2022 12:52 PM
Nov 2015
Bittersweet. Hikaru got emotionally attached, but she did what she had to do as a knight. Her sword evolved.
Feb 26, 2023 2:12 PM

Jul 2021
Character gets new pet, they get too attatched, pet turns out evil and they must kill it. I saw this exact plot being done countless times in cartoons that I knew what was going to happen. Meh.
Sep 27, 2023 12:36 AM
Apr 2012
The fact that Fuu just doesn't have healing powers anymore is making me enjoy this less than I should. Did the author just forget??
Otherwise good ep, but it would have been more impactful if the getting attached to Hikari thing lasted longer than 1 ep. Could have been done better.
Nov 28, 2023 8:38 PM

Apr 2016
Oh my, the evil kid, glasses girl, and Hikaru competing to be the most annoying characters of the show. One has run out of time as the villain of the week, the other rarely uses her healing power when it is needed, and the other is just too "naive and kind" that she was crossing the dumb border, like the animal is about to murder the other two; it is not time to feel sorry for the animal xD

Umi still the best character by far.

It was funny that he waited for them to rest to attack them instead of just attacking when they were sleeping.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

24 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 26, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 19 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

11 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.