Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 13, 2013 5:31 PM
Jul 2012
Good follow-up episode. A cliffhanger is always good for new series within the first few episodes.
Oct 13, 2013 5:40 PM

Jun 2010
Woah! Shit got real indeed. So Silver Link can actually do a good action series. If I'm not mistaken this is their first battle-heavy series. I'm glad to see the battle well done. Can be a strong competitor to the likes of Pro I.G in the future.

Damn that episode. Too many bishoujo and more to come. The quality certainly didn't drop and I hope it keeps up the great suspense, romance, action in the future episodes. Dat wet look!

Elite60 said:
Marina2 said:

@symbv There is panty shot in this ep!? Where? I missed it!

It's for a split second as she jumps onto the train.

Looks like business just picked up here.

Lol, I needed to play that scene in slow motion just to confirm it....
Oct 13, 2013 8:24 PM

Apr 2013
IMO it was more than a good follow up episode and all the side characters just flowed in to the story this episode.

The lance fight was awesome! The swords were getting boring these days and there were no lengthy introduction dialogue and she moved it so intensely like she really wanted rip new hole in him XD

And glad to see a MC that isn't voiced by Yuki Kaji!
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Oct 14, 2013 4:57 AM

Oct 2011
this anime brings joy to my life haha. love it ever so much.
Oct 14, 2013 8:51 AM

May 2010
idk why but it feels like im watching something old from like 2008. i like it though
Oct 14, 2013 9:42 AM

Jan 2011
I always like it when the MC unleashes his powers... looks freaking badass.

I'm also wondering if Nagisa is some sort of demon or just a normal human.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 14, 2013 11:28 AM

Feb 2011
Liking it so far but we need more "Plot". a sexy samurai girl or a French maid should suffice : )
Oct 14, 2013 3:39 PM
Aug 2012
I thought that Yukina was going to be a strong character. Turns out, aside from the fact that she can fight, there isn't anything to her. She's embarrassed about having her panties seen but perfectly fine with having wet clothes stuck to her? That makes no sense. Plus, it's only the second episode and we've already encountered someone who can quickly defeat her. How is she supposed to be strong enough to kill Kojou? Right now, she's straddling the fence between being a strong female lead and just the main girl. It's pretty annoying. Just pick one...
Oct 15, 2013 12:04 AM
Aug 2011
Casperkid15 said:
idk why but it feels like im watching something old from like 2008.

Interesting that you say that. It does strangely feel like something from 5 years ago to me too.
Oct 15, 2013 5:00 AM

May 2010
That sensei! Yukina is sort of cute, and here I was thinking that she is generic from what I saw in the first episode but now it's all changed; she is great! Now he is reminding me of Ayumu from Kore Zombie. I am really liking this anime now.
Oct 15, 2013 5:44 AM

Nov 2009
gypsysong said:
I thought that Yukina was going to be a strong character. Turns out, aside from the fact that she can fight, there isn't anything to her. She's embarrassed about having her panties seen but perfectly fine with having wet clothes stuck to her? That makes no sense. Plus, it's only the second episode and we've already encountered someone who can quickly defeat her. How is she supposed to be strong enough to kill Kojou? Right now, she's straddling the fence between being a strong female lead and just the main girl. It's pretty annoying. Just pick one...

Isn't that make you wonder if Lion King Organization really intend to send her to kill him? Could it be that they have a hidden goal?

About the panty shot vs wet clothes.

Panty shot = not intended to let anyone see.
Wet clothes = She intended to come out like that by herself. No need to shy.
Oct 15, 2013 8:10 AM

Aug 2013
So yukina will be the "Girl next door" hahahaa, am now looking forward to what'll happen to those two sticking around.
Oct 15, 2013 11:12 AM

Apr 2013
A good amount of action in this episode but I'm still not impressed with this series. Let's just see what happens in the next episode.
Oct 15, 2013 1:55 PM

Nov 2012
Getting more and more impressed with the main male's voice actor, he yells and screams really well.

Oct 15, 2013 5:37 PM

May 2013
Yukina's combat skills are disappointing. Was hoping she would be a good, independent character but those hopes are dashed.
gypsysong said:

"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Oct 15, 2013 10:46 PM

May 2012
Not bad. This episode was much more enjoyable.

Another loli sensei lol. This one is interesting n appealing tho.
Oct 16, 2013 4:27 PM

Jun 2012
Hm, well I guess their relationship is getting closer. Decent battle.

Oct 17, 2013 6:45 AM

Aug 2008
Badass fight. Badass OST. Badass OP. Decent MC heroine and hero. Decent plot. Kawaii imouto(lol).
I don't get why others are turning down the potential of this show this season. It maybe an Index clone but I don't give a damn as long as this show will hook me more.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Oct 17, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2012
Have to say, stalker kouhai living next door is so hot (particularly when she has to run out from shower to stalk you lol)
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 17, 2013 10:08 PM

Jan 2013
symbv said:
Have to say, stalker kouhai living next door is so hot (particularly when she has to run out from shower to stalk you lol)

+1
Oct 18, 2013 4:31 AM

Jul 2008
The fights are good for sure :) Guess they will show more characters from other organisations later on :)
Oct 18, 2013 7:51 AM
Mar 2010
Meh, this is so boring. Three quarters of this episode had me rolling my eyes and face-palming. Also, too much information dump. And from the looks of it, this is sort of going to be a harem.

Dropped.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Oct 18, 2013 5:33 PM
Aug 2012
Marina2 said:
gypsysong said:

Isn't that make you wonder if Lion King Organization really intend to send her to kill him? Could it be that they have a hidden goal?

About the panty shot vs wet clothes.

Panty shot = not intended to let anyone see.
Wet clothes = She intended to come out like that by herself. No need to shy.

That's a big stretch considering how huge her reaction was. Someone who gets mad enough to start a fight over her panties being seen and who is still visibly embarrassed about it on the next day... That character isn't bold enough to be perfectly comfortable with walking around soaking wet. the later shows either a complete lack of self-awareness or a complete lack of concern for being viewed sexually. Whether or not something happens on purpose doesn't affect your level of embarrassment to that degree. Not in two situations that are equally suggestive. And especially not for an (seemingly sheltered?) middle school girl.

LKO could be up to something. Doesn't feel like a show with that deep of a plot though lol.

I haven't watched ep 3 yet, so maybe my opinions will change...
Oct 19, 2013 6:25 AM

Sep 2009
I feel like I'm really going to enjoy this anime, looking forward to the next episode to see the power of the fourth progenitor!! :o

Oct 20, 2013 12:56 PM

Jun 2011
Elite60 said:
Marina2 said:

Lol never would've realized it without reading these comments.

Man they just had to end it there, grr! I can totally sense the romance already ^^ Please make it canon ^^
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 24, 2013 7:05 AM
Oct 2009
first half was borin but then it picked up. I love the fights in this anime :) so his blood is his weapon? I guess so~
Oct 26, 2013 12:13 PM
Aug 2011
What is with the girl wearing her school uniforms all the time?
What is with the tsundere girl turning into a lovey-dovey "senpai!!" girl all of a sudden?

What is with that before death line? "If I die, will senpai be sad?" Really? Come on, you can do better than that. If I wasn't a guy who literally cannot drop shows I would drop this instantly at that moment. It was plain stupid. First ep was okay but this was just shit. Hope they will get their act together.
Nov 3, 2013 6:02 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

One more vote because the episode has a plot not far-fetched as the previous one. Instead of 3/5 I give him 4/5!
Episode made ​​much better by Silver Link, drawings and animations greatly improved! * _ *
Contour plot that takes less labile than before and even obvious narrative of characters and situations, it remains enjoyable despite not winning me.
The character design yet simple I like, the only thing that should be more intriguing is the costume design.
Color design imprinted on the blue too, not that I hate like color, but I do not love the monochrome! XD
Even though the jumble view in K! X ° ° D
Nov 6, 2013 10:04 AM

Dec 2008
Hmm... I think I might like this show.
Nov 9, 2013 10:06 AM

Jun 2012
Quite like this actually, im glad it's going to have 24 eps and not 12 :D Action was quite good and a strong female main character is always nice, seems to be a lack of in general :P
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 7, 2013 7:28 AM
Dec 2013
Yukina - Everything is weapon. So is detergent...'
O.O Oh~
Jan 3, 2014 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
lolwut, when Himeragi said she was a middle schooler.
Jan 23, 2014 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
Seems like this is progressing, to be a fine anime indeed.
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Jan 31, 2014 2:16 AM

Jun 2008
I can't believe they let the cat toy behind. What cruel people.
Btw did the people on that train died? Lol.

To be honest the art looks nice and the potential seems to be there but until now it really seems like something is missing. It's kind of bland. The plot needs more twists maybe or maybe a little fanservice can entertain more? I don't know. Well still only second episode though, they have time although i have the impression this is in he DNA of this show and the show will never overcome it.

jiraiya_sensei said:
This series needs MOOAARR fan services!! Maybe not too much but one pantsu shot from Yukina each episode should suffice XD

But there was a panty shot. It might have only lasted a millisecond but our expert eyes power by the ecchi force didn't let it go unnoticed. Her panty is green with white stripes.
You still have many to learn young Skywalker.
MonadJan 31, 2014 2:58 AM
Feb 4, 2014 11:42 AM

Oct 2012
Natsuki-chan loli teacher are the best ^^ super cute little sister you got there ! Nice fight in the end hope to see some powaar next time.
Feb 23, 2014 8:35 PM

May 2013
The action doesn't seem half bad...looks like he is going beast mode though.
Apr 9, 2014 6:57 AM

May 2012
Way more interesting than the first episode and also way more lovely!

Dat goth loli teacher <3
Apr 20, 2014 12:37 PM

Mar 2008
COOLNESS CONTINUES
This series has some legit potential, I seriously hope it doesn't flatline.
Jun 4, 2014 4:20 AM
May 2012
They should just live together, right?? Also, their relationship is progressing too fast, though I don't mind that.
A loli teacher *o* I like her voice too :3
The fight scene was pretty cool. Himeragi and Akatsuki's eyes are something different.

kami_desu said:
Don't leave the Neko toy...

Yeah...

Elite60 said:
Marina2 said:

Looks like business just picked up here.

My eyes betrayed me!
Jul 29, 2014 4:56 AM

May 2014
So interesting! I wonder what happened with Kojou. Did he lose control?

It seems like the rumors about The Fourth Progenitor aren't actually true. He has a sister. And she is pretty nice.
Aug 13, 2014 6:00 AM

Sep 2011
H O LY S H I T .

That was an incredible episode! I honestly didn't see anything too special about the first episode, but this one erased all doubts!
Dec 15, 2014 8:13 AM

Aug 2013
Oh yeah.. loli sensei ftw !!
Good or bad all the characters are awesome for now.
The fight is just as good.. what's going to happen to Kojou ?
Jan 4, 2015 8:53 AM

Jun 2013
Decided to pick this anime back up, its just as entertaining as i remember :)
Apr 6, 2015 12:51 PM

Feb 2013
The momentum is still going. Good. So Koujou has a little sister. Are they really? They don't share same eye colorof hair.

Kojou's English teacher is 26 years old? C'mon. Really?

Really like Yukina so far. I like how she doesn't know normal things like detergent.
Jul 5, 2015 4:55 PM

Jun 2015
The action in the episode was nice to look at but I thought it was decent at best.

But on the other hand, it is kind of good to see that Yukina and Kujo are kind of getting alone (I like the part where he manages to get her the prize from the crane game).
Jul 11, 2015 7:08 PM

Jul 2013
Wow this episode :o

Nice fanservice with complete wet Himeragi *.*
And these fights holy shit, that's so good. Next episode!!!

Dec 26, 2015 1:47 PM

Sep 2013
Sensei is a legal loli, and cute <3

That blue loli has powers like luci from elfen lied 's vectors XD

"will senpai be sad?"

Girl, he's only know you for about a day or so :O damn.
Dec 4, 2016 3:10 PM

Nov 2013
Loli teacher ftw.

So, Yukina is now also his neighbour. Makes sense.

How she came out of the bath was hilarious. She really wanted to go out like this.

Because she has to be with him all the time, he goes shopping with her. She really is a weirdo, thinking that household items are weapons.

She wanted a plushie and they were almost caught by Loli-Sensei.

Cool fight next episode. Kojou's eyes were savage.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 2, 2017 1:04 AM

Jul 2008
Not a bad fight, but also way too short.
Aug 15, 2017 5:12 PM

Aug 2014
Not bad not great episode, but there are 24 episodes so maybe it will get better.
The episode was long but nothing happened beside last part.
I wonder if that vampire survived?
The ED song was nothing special :/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.