Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Oct 11, 2013 9:28 AM

Jan 2013
Definitely my type of romance shows. Seems like it will have a easy going 12 episodes , with the drama coming aboard after the mid-way point.

Perhaps because both were animated by JC staff, but I have Toradora vibes from Golden time.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Oct 11, 2013 9:48 AM

Mar 2012
I think I'm going to really enjoy this anime. I love that it focuses on college life instead of highschool! Probably by far my fav. part was when they are with the tea club partying. I about died laughing! Could you imagine that happening!! Anyways I'm looking forward to more!!!
"People die if they get killed" who knew.
Oct 11, 2013 10:13 AM
Feb 2013
Oh, I just can't wait for the Kaga X Banri arc, I wonder when will it go through?

Boy, those tea club girls really know how to party, and I really mean PARTY!
Oct 11, 2013 10:33 AM
Mar 2013
I rooted Kaga x Banri from the moment i saw the opening. I was surprised that was what Linda looked likek tbh. If you went on wikipedia, like i did, and checked the summary of it, you get spoiled badly about Linda.

Tea club XD It seems Kaga and Banri will join the club that the eccentric person told them about and held them until night. Oka-chan and Banri's new friend will hook-up.

Listening to the op/ed on a loop (With Nagi no asukara op/ed too) almost everyday. Can't get enough of that song
Oct 11, 2013 11:49 AM

Jan 2010
This is gonna be just as great as Toradora, it seems.
Oct 11, 2013 11:56 AM
Oct 2010
Oh poor rich girl, no one talks to her even though she can hardly remember a single name after several repetitions. >_>

I can't really sympathize with her.

It's not simply how she dresses, her attitude is more relevant. People read the body language, consciously or subconsciously. (Ok, most people, there are always some too dim to notice stuff like that)

At least Tada told her to stop waiting for people to approach her and get up her pompous ass to talk to them... Ok, he said it in a more tactful way, but that's how I would have told her.

Barion-Zara said:
Dat tea club party was soooo lol, Stripping and dancing like no tomorrow XDXDXD
That would be awesome... if they weren't heavily intoxicated. Not only that, they were bad drunks. Even the most gorgeous girls are disgusting when they have that trait.

I would run away from them too.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 11, 2013 12:12 PM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
Members of the tea club are scary and lovely at the same time. Would definitely join them :D
I feel really sorry for Kaga-san, she's such a cutie (although she seems to be a bit annoying).

However, great show, can't wait for the next episode. :) It's one of the big surprises in this season.

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Oct 11, 2013 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
Golden Time just keeps on confirming my expectations... amazing. :)
More, more! :D
Oct 11, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
Well that's the way you party in college. Lol a tea club. :D
I see some development between Tada and Kouko.
Oct 11, 2013 2:28 PM

Dec 2011
The tea club really knows how to party! Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 11, 2013 2:59 PM

Jun 2010
More, more, more!!!!!!! Need more development!!! I'm loving it.
Oct 11, 2013 4:21 PM

Sep 2012
Good show. I'm setting my expectations high for this one.
Oct 11, 2013 6:45 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Linda is basically like my favourite character thus far, but judging from what's happened so far, it looks like Kaga and Banri will hit it off nicely. I'm looking at the other characters and wondering where each one will fit into whatever drama's in store for them. Definitely a keeper for me, I have high hopes for where this'll end up.
Oct 11, 2013 7:12 PM
Jul 2013
Impressed so much.
Tea club?!?!
HELL YAA!

Love it every week, I want more!
Oct 11, 2013 7:36 PM

Apr 2012
This episode was great :)
Oct 11, 2013 8:12 PM

Jun 2013
Another terrific episode! :)
Great start to a sure to be amazing anime :)
Oct 11, 2013 8:22 PM

Jan 2011
How the hell is the tea club lacking members?!?
Oct 11, 2013 9:15 PM

Dec 2012
Can't wait for the NTR.
Oct 11, 2013 10:44 PM

Jul 2012
I NEED MORE!!!!

Every episode I just say "no I cannot wait another week to get a another new episode, NOOOO!!!" I refuse to read the manga I will only watch the anime. This wait is so horrible, but when a new episode does come out I am overjoyed.

Great episode!!!
Oct 12, 2013 12:34 AM

Sep 2012
LOL THE TEA CLUB IS SO INTENSE XD
Oct 12, 2013 1:16 AM

May 2009
That was good, probably one of the best comedic scenes I've seen in awhile. I really hope it continues like this I can potentially see this series in the top 200
Oct 12, 2013 2:46 AM

Mar 2013
Tsuwabuki said:
straggy said:
Ugh, this anime is really starting to bother me. On one hand, it's very funny. The tea club this episode was hilarious for starters. But the pairing that's evidently going to become central to this story is unbearable.

So first off, we have Mitsuo. Who is evidently very uncomfortable having Koko around. He's very open about this, and chose to tell Banri exactly how he feels about her. Despite this, Banri ends everything with a "but" and puts Koko's feelings before his new friend's. He doesn't even know her, and frankly doesn't seem to care that she's a stalker that's been harassing Mitsuo for almost his entire life. He's being a seriously shitty friend and the way the anime is trying to act like being a stalker is endearing and that we should feel sorry that Koko has unrequited feelings is fucking stupid. Why should we feel sorry for someone that literally is going out of her way to make Mitsuo's life difficult? HE'S LITERALLY CUT TIES WITH HIS FAMILY JUST SO HE CAN GET AWAY FROM HER. THAT'S NOT ENDEARING, IT'S CREEPY HARASSMENT! THIS ISN'T FUCKING ROMANTIC!

I can't really agree with you about Tada putting Kouko's feelings before Mitsuo. Kouko asked Banri about what Mitsuo's schedule was and Banri said he wouldn't tell her. Pretty sure he knew that it would make her happy if he did. He even tried to help Mitsu avoid Kouko in the beginning of the episode.

Banri repeatedly, in front of Mitsuo, said how Koko was alone and that he felt sorry for her. He made Mitsuo feel guilty for not talking to her. He tried to pressurise him into speaking to her. Even after Mitsuo said that he hated when people got all "You should be thankful!", Banri started the first steps towards acting like those people. He should be putting Mitsuo first, not Koko, but he's continuing to do just that. It is fine to give Koko the advice to meet new people and join new clubs, but he should not be hanging out with her himself. He has a duty to his friend, rather than some girl he doesn't know and should logically be wary of after he's repeatedly seen evidence of her ridiculously creepy obsessive stalking.
Oct 12, 2013 8:04 AM

Feb 2010
Another solid episode. So far, the most promising show in the season IMO.
Oct 12, 2013 9:38 AM

Aug 2008
Nice. Very nice. I'm loving this. Characters in this show are very well played.

Banri, as soft as he seems, actually has a solid mindset. He was very straightforward to Kouko and Yana alike, standing firm on both ends not to interfere with Yana avoiding Kouko while sympathizes with her and supports her in other ways. So far he is the best characters imo.

Kouko is very obsessive to the point that it harassing people. Me too wouldn't be happy to have her stalking like that. This episode also made it questionable that she is making innocent face to get information from Banri, but to be honest, I don't buy it. My argument is supported by the OP and ED, where she is depicted as a pure playful maiden. So I take that as her character. I believe she is just an innocent ojou that is having hard time communicating with ordinary people, because no one dares to approach her and she does not know what is going wrong. Banri will help fixing that.

Yana is being reasonable to be disgusted by Kouko's behaviour and he does not hide his hatred. He was even pissed off by seeing people sympathize with her, so yes, I think hatred fits his feelings towards Kouko, not simply annoyed. But when Banri reasoned with him by not invading each other's own opinion, he was generous enough to back off. So that was cool.

Linda has not been featured much, but her actions and subtle emotions are interesting so far. We will see her developed soon, I guess.
Oct 12, 2013 10:00 AM

Aug 2012
Rolling girl at the Tea Party = confirmed best girl

joking aside, i love almost every single female character that appeared in this ep. Can't wait for the next episode!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 12, 2013 10:22 AM
Dec 2012
Hilarious. Especially their party scene was epic. lol

Nice to see another slice of college life anime after Genshiken. Just wish character design of Kaga was better. Since other female characters were also pretty, I didn't find much difference in beauty among the girls when they said her beauty was outstanding.

It was an enjoyable episode. Looking forward to next one.
Oct 12, 2013 11:54 AM

Oct 2011
Dat Tea Club party. Lol!!!!!!!!
Oct 12, 2013 12:24 PM
Jan 2013
Wuuuuu, Hu, huuuu those tea bitch really do party, too bad them hombres are too stupid to get in the action, boy , if them hombres wanted to, they could bang one their sempais.

Ay, yay, yay can that whatever club girl talk.....talk too much that is.
Oct 12, 2013 2:07 PM

Feb 2008
That was one crazy tea party. Exactly my cup of tea, though. ;)

Looking forward to seeing where this all is headed.
Oct 12, 2013 2:17 PM

Jul 2009
I want to punch Banri's face so bad. If you feel sorry for Kaga go and befriend her and stop beating around the bush, instead you let her suffer alone all this time.

I know Japan is a class-society but jeezus you don't have the guts to talk to rich people? Discrimination go both ways it seems. I don't know about real Japan social interaction, but those people in the anime are losers.
Oct 12, 2013 5:14 PM

Aug 2010
Thoughts on this episode:

• Can't help but feel sad for Kaga basically wasting away her time to socialize and make friends in college by waiting for Mitsuo to give her some attempt

• Shipping hard for Kaga x Tada this series, they are just great together. I liked how Kaga showed some emotion when she was on the verge of tears because no one had talked to her. It gave Tada the perfect entry though to make friends with her, can't wait to see what happens on their club outing

• I thought this series was gonna be just like Toradora but its got a personality of its own. I know it's early but I like this series more than Toradora thus far because it seems more mature, also I like Tada x Kaga as a couple more than the main couple from Toradora.

Blog post with full thoughts here
Oct 12, 2013 5:28 PM
Mar 2013
IntervisioN said:
Can't wait for the NTR.

CRaduOct 12, 2013 5:34 PM
Oct 12, 2013 8:31 PM

May 2012
i want to join that horny tea club.. cant wait for next week..

Oct 12, 2013 8:51 PM

Jun 2013
The tea club looks like a good time.

Anyway, as a college freshman myself, I feel like I can relate to Koko and the whole "invisible" thing. It made me feel pretty bad for her.
Oct 12, 2013 11:17 PM

Jun 2012
Mediocre episode. Hopefully it doesn't take the entire 24 episodes for Banri and Kaga to get together.
Oct 12, 2013 11:25 PM

Jul 2008
Not dissing the anime, but the college premise doesn't really make it that original. I can't think of any important difference this anime would have if it were set in high school. Like the college setting doesn't change anything.
Oct 12, 2013 11:46 PM

Jun 2012
Dang, those clubs are crazy, seriously.
I also feel bad for Kouko, but I guess we might be slowly having Mitsuo out of the picture. . .

Oct 13, 2013 12:03 AM

Sep 2012
straggy said:
Tsuwabuki said:
straggy said:
Ugh, this anime is really starting to bother me. On one hand, it's very funny. The tea club this episode was hilarious for starters. But the pairing that's evidently going to become central to this story is unbearable.

So first off, we have Mitsuo. Who is evidently very uncomfortable having Koko around. He's very open about this, and chose to tell Banri exactly how he feels about her. Despite this, Banri ends everything with a "but" and puts Koko's feelings before his new friend's. He doesn't even know her, and frankly doesn't seem to care that she's a stalker that's been harassing Mitsuo for almost his entire life. He's being a seriously shitty friend and the way the anime is trying to act like being a stalker is endearing and that we should feel sorry that Koko has unrequited feelings is fucking stupid. Why should we feel sorry for someone that literally is going out of her way to make Mitsuo's life difficult? HE'S LITERALLY CUT TIES WITH HIS FAMILY JUST SO HE CAN GET AWAY FROM HER. THAT'S NOT ENDEARING, IT'S CREEPY HARASSMENT! THIS ISN'T FUCKING ROMANTIC!

I can't really agree with you about Tada putting Kouko's feelings before Mitsuo. Kouko asked Banri about what Mitsuo's schedule was and Banri said he wouldn't tell her. Pretty sure he knew that it would make her happy if he did. He even tried to help Mitsu avoid Kouko in the beginning of the episode.

Banri repeatedly, in front of Mitsuo, said how Koko was alone and that he felt sorry for her. He made Mitsuo feel guilty for not talking to her. He tried to pressurise him into speaking to her. Even after Mitsuo said that he hated when people got all "You should be thankful!", Banri started the first steps towards acting like those people. He should be putting Mitsuo first, not Koko, but he's continuing to do just that. It is fine to give Koko the advice to meet new people and join new clubs, but he should not be hanging out with her himself. He has a duty to his friend, rather than some girl he doesn't know and should logically be wary of after he's repeatedly seen evidence of her ridiculously creepy obsessive stalking.

kenshin_sama said:
parfaited said:
Well no one talks to you because you're obsessive and creepy. What were you expecting?

I thought the reason was really clear. Not too many people are aware of Kouko's obsession over Mitsuo, so I doubt that'd be the case. One of the students even directly stated that he avoids her due to her status. The type of college she's enrolled in isn't quite a prestigious one either, so I wouldn't be surprised is there wasn't a single person who could match Kouko's assets.

I agree with you. And those who wonder why Mitsuo treats Kouko so bad I do not know if there is another reason but she is totally obsessed and out of control and she is stalking him practically for all his entire life.

Shinseiryuu said:
iLostReason said:

I wonder why is Mitsuo ignoring Kouko so much.I won't accept ''because she's annoying'', there must be something more to it.

Not sure if you have someone following you around ALL the time before. It's really creepy and disgusting. You only feel that way because Kouko looks good and the second episode makes you sympathize with her.

rainbowcakesOct 13, 2013 12:09 AM
Oct 13, 2013 3:14 AM
Apr 2009
Tada in anime is somewhat dull. I just read 2 chapters of manga manga and he seems more entertaining in there.
Lol the Guy with the glasses at the tea club party is just like Keima from The World God Only Knows
sepirrothOct 13, 2013 3:19 AM
Oct 13, 2013 4:38 AM

Oct 2009
Really fun episode, that Tea club!! I wanna party with them! >//<

Linda looks so different o>o
Tada X Linda does seem more natural hmm..
Oct 13, 2013 5:01 AM

Jul 2010
I like when beer is a factor lol.
Oct 13, 2013 5:04 AM

Apr 2010
Personally i think this looks like one of the best anime this season so far, it's only been two episodes tho so it's hard to tell if it will continue to be good but time will tell.
What strikes me out tho is the class difference and how much focus they put on to it, it almost seems like they are dealing with a foreigner here the way Kaga is treated.
Like someone that is not excepted by the community yet, while the other first years including Tada have a hard time dealing with the club invites and such.

It's clear Tada has feelings for Kaga but it's also clear that Linda has feelings for Tada and i wonder if he will realise it at some point.
Kaga on the other hand i wonder if she will realise that she is to pushy on Yana.
Oct 13, 2013 5:39 AM

May 2012
What the flying fvck katsuragi keima doing in here? lol
I've Killed my Brother
Just like what sasuke did
Oct 13, 2013 9:32 AM

Jul 2012
Not gonna bother putting my comments into two threads, so I'll just put both here:
First episode was decent, but made me believe this show was a harem, since a pink haired girl popped out of nowhere, as well as the festival girl and there's also Kouko.

Second episode improved a bit more but I'm not that into the comedy. The main guy is obviously going to be together with Kouko based on the OP so I'm pretty much anticipating when they get together.

Otherwise, it's not too bad and I like the animation as well as OP/ED. Really cute. This also takes place in an interesting college/university setting which not many anime have done so far. However, one thing that bugs me is that Kouko is portrayed really stupid and stalkerish in this show. Get a hint, girl!
Oct 13, 2013 10:49 AM

Jan 2012
Dat ending is gonna grow on me.
Oct 13, 2013 1:13 PM
Jul 2018
I do like koko's sense of fashion.I want to ask her tips and helping in my wardrobe.
Oct 13, 2013 4:20 PM

Feb 2008
I look away for a moment and suddenly Tada wrestles with that other guy.

So when's the NTR happening?

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 13, 2013 4:23 PM

May 2010
LINDA.. HE'S GONNA FORGET ABOUT LINDA!!

thank god they're doing this anime this season. haven't seen a romance-drama since like winter
Oct 13, 2013 4:36 PM

Dec 2012
Really fun episode~ The tea club is insane!
I hope we get to see more of Linda
Oct 13, 2013 6:38 PM

Oct 2010
I liked this episode a whole lot better than the first. I think it’s because Banri was less preachy in this than the other. That’s not to say that I dislike preachy characteristics since I like that personality in the main character of WA2 but Banri wasn’t really in any position to be preachy about the things he said about Kougo to Mitsuo when he hardly knows anything about her.

I kind of don’t understand people’s dislike of Mitsuo’s coldness towards Kougo. Yeah, sure, Kougo is sincere about her feelings but there’s the clinginess factor there too. She seems to want to be with Mitsuo constantly and the fact that he avoids her seems to never get to her. She does thing on her own accord, like she’s in her own bubble. It’s still nice and refreshing since it doesn’t come across as retarded and ditzy in her case but it’s still a glaring flaw as to why she’s avoided like the plague by Mitsuo.

I’m still thoroughly enjoying myself more and more though. The development of the relationship between Banri and Kougo is strangely pleasing to watch despite my distaste for their type of pairing. ;D Can’t wait to watch for more~
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.