Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2012
During the TV rebroadcast of anime "Suisei no Gargantia" today, it was announced that it will get a sequel. Information on format, story, staff, and cast is not disclosed yet. "Suisei no Gargantia" is a original, science-fiction anime made by Production I.G and aired from April to June in 2013.

Source: Official anime Twitter

Suisei no Gargantia OVA on MAL
NaruleachDec 15, 2014 12:28 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 10, 2013 7:59 AM
Apr 2013
Can't wait! It'd be interesting to see where the writer (Urobuchi? :DDDD) takes it, though, since the plot was pretty much wrapped up by the final episode. Earth vs Galactic Human Alliance conflict, anyone?
Oct 10, 2013 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
I figured that would be the announcement that was scheduled for today. Hopefully it will be decent enough. I miss Chamber.
Oct 10, 2013 8:01 AM

Dec 2012
Another season for an anime show that I like? This a good news.
I like anime.
Oct 10, 2013 8:02 AM

Jul 2011
Didn't see this coming seeing how the way it ended. Wonder what the story would be about this time.
Oct 10, 2013 8:02 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
I figured that would be the announcement that was scheduled for today. Hopefully it will be decent enough. I miss Chamber.
Actually many fans did not think such important news would be disclosed in a re-run. Usually they would do it in a fan event or in a press conference, like Psycho-Pass.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 10, 2013 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Stark700 said:
Actually many fans did not think such important news would be disclosed in a re-run. Usually they would do it in a fan event or in a press conference, like Psycho-Pass.

Actually, I thought it would be a sequel and hey, what do you know, it's a sequel.
Oct 10, 2013 8:04 AM

Mar 2011
Suisei no Gargantia without Chamber is... ;__;
Oct 10, 2013 8:04 AM

Sep 2012
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Please note that they did not say it will be another season. So it could be OVA, movie and of course another season.

Oct 10, 2013 8:06 AM
Jul 2018
With all these urobutcher sequels that keep coming where's my cyber slayer and saya no uta? Might as well have those instead of a sequel that have potential to ruin already wrapped-up series.

Just how in-demand is this guy anyway?
removed-userOct 10, 2013 8:11 AM

Jan 2010
reiko_ said:
Suisei no Gargantia without Chamber is... ;__;

I know da feeling man...Chamberr....T^T
But, if the story focus on Ledo background or ppl in space, it quite interesting. What will happen to 2 force that try to kill out each other. Hideauze....Chamber baby? xD

Jun 2008
I thought i heard about this a while ago.
Might have been a different show then.
Oct 10, 2013 8:07 AM
Jun 2013
The series was fine as far as I'm concerned so I'm looking forward to any kind of continuation as long as it will actually expand the current universe.

Although I'm not sure what to expect from an actual sequel. Maybe we'll see more from the Human Galactic Alliance and how their conflict with the Hidiaazu turns out (considering the revelations during the first season, there might be a peaceful solution!?).

Either way, I'd be missing Chamber if he doesn't return. He was this series' best character despite being a robot.
Oct 10, 2013 8:07 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
Actually, I thought it would be a sequel and hey, what do you know, it's a sequel.
I also expect a sequel will be coming but I also did not expect such announcement would be made in a TV re-run. I think a lot of fans had expected something like a game or new media mix project instead.

Oct 10, 2013 8:10 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:
Please note that they did not say it will be another season. So it could be OVA, movie and of course another season.

Then I hope "sequel" means a 2nd season.
I like anime.
Oct 10, 2013 8:14 AM

Jan 2010
Pat_To_Do-List said:
symbv said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

Then I hope "sequel" means a 2nd season.

Either 2nd season or movie/OVA...I hope the space war end...I curious about it actually.

Oct 10, 2013 8:17 AM

Jul 2010
Ooh, pretty nice! I enjoyed the first one and I wonder if it'll feature Ledo again.

Oct 10, 2013 8:27 AM

Feb 2012
I guess chances are high it'll be a movie...
Oct 10, 2013 8:28 AM
Mar 2013
Maybe it will be more suitable for two movies of wrap-up + new episode style.
The first season was felt kinda prolonged and unpolished for me so wrap up gekijou-ban would become nice movie.
Engrish speaker
Oct 10, 2013 8:30 AM

Jun 2012
Wait, isn't it a little bit too early for an april fool ?
Haha ! It was a funny joke anyway :3
Oct 10, 2013 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
Actually, I preferred how it ended this way, there isn't any need for season 2 tbh haha

On a side note... this is a deja vu for me. It was like that I was in like 2015 or something, briefly watching Suisei no Gargantia season 2, how Ledo is trying to fix Chamber or something >.>
-

I've always... always been watching you... This whole time... Because you were there... That's why I was able to try hard. So you could have some balance! So you wouldn't treat me like a kid! So you would see me as an actual girl! Even while you were gone... You were right here! You were right here in my heart!
Oct 10, 2013 8:35 AM

Feb 2011
Wow, didn't see this coming. Season 1 is good and I'm enjoying it.

symbv said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

I don't think it will be another season, since Gargantia without Chamber is somehow missing for build another long story. But, since it Urobutcher who do the script, "anything" can happen (if you know what I mean) :-P
"To some, online is more important than seeing friends, eating and even breathing."

<!--link--><a href="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kuruta_tribe&sclick=1">

Oct 10, 2013 8:36 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
What a great news! A sequel? Whatever it is, I'm ready for it :D
Oct 10, 2013 8:38 AM

Dec 2011
There's still a lot that can be done with this series, though how they will get there I don't know. I look forward to seeing the answer to that.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 10, 2013 8:39 AM

Jun 2010
Chamber is already dead right? How to continue the story? Ledo going to transform into a Hideauze???? @_@
Oct 10, 2013 8:43 AM

Feb 2010
kuruta_tribe said:
Wow, didn't see this coming. Season 1 is good and I'm enjoying it.

symbv said:
Pat_To_Do-List said:

I don't think it will be another season, since Gargantia without Chamber is somehow missing for build another long story. But, since it Urobutcher who do the script, "anything" can happen (if you know what I mean) :-P

Urobuchi just wrote 2 episodes and made a overall concept for the show, which was changed when Murata joined the staff.
Oct 10, 2013 8:45 AM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Chamber is already dead right? How to continue the story?
A robot can always be "raised from dead" I guess? Or we'll have another Chamber sent from the space and it will find the broken Chamber and its memory.... lol

Oct 10, 2013 8:54 AM

Feb 2012
Commerical also giving the annoucement of a sequel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxEuj1SOPk
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 10, 2013 8:56 AM
Feb 2012
Personally I don't see a need for a sequel. To me the story felt finished and had your typical 'open end' feel to it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein

Apr 2013
Great news!
I really liked the setting in the first season and the scenery was just beautiful. Can't wait to find out more about this.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...

May 2011
I didn't expect a sequel with the way it ended but sign me up.
Oct 10, 2013 8:58 AM

Sep 2012
Wind_Sr said:
Commerical also giving the annoucement of a sequel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOxEuj1SOPk
This is the announcement after the TV re-run that I mentioned in the first post. Thanks for finding the youtube link to the video.

Oct 10, 2013 9:06 AM

Nov 2012
oh nice! i really enjoyed gargantia. don't know how they would continue it though...
Oct 10, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2010
I was hoping we'd get a sequel but wasn't expecting it with the way the first season ended. I'm sure it'll be just as good.

Oct 10, 2013 9:38 AM

Nov 2012
Didn't expect this to get a sequel, but I'm glad it did. Looking forward to more Ledo and Amy development.
Oct 10, 2013 9:48 AM

Jul 2011
That's sure a great news!
Oct 10, 2013 9:59 AM

Oct 2007
I would have liked to have just seen a two cour first season period so that the pacing would have been better as opposed to two separate series, but I guess this is just how they do things nowadays. There's definitely room for a sequel and open plot threads with the Hideauze and the new Gargantia's journey, but there was also a sort of finality to how the show ended as well.
Oct 10, 2013 10:05 AM

Jul 2012
Really look forward to how the anime takes off after s1. Great news this has been confirmed!
Oct 10, 2013 10:13 AM
Mar 2010
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 10, 2013 10:14 AM

Mar 2008
First season left a bitter taste in my mouth. Didn't really like the second half of it. So I'm not sure yet whether I'll watch this. If I do, I hope it'll be as good as the first half.

Oct 10, 2013 10:16 AM

Jan 2013
I was really hoping for a prequel :/
Oct 10, 2013 10:22 AM

Mar 2013
I'm just happy that there will be more Amy. ^.^
But yes, Gargantia, isn't gargantia without Chamber around...
I will prove to you that I am the supreme ruler of Heaven! Maoh Shakumesujin!
Oct 10, 2013 10:26 AM
Aug 2011
A Ledo without Chamber is not something I look forward to and I don't want to see more Amy either.

Hopefully it's with some other characters then. I don't know how that would work but yeah...
Oct 10, 2013 10:41 AM

Jul 2012
Looking forward to it! I hope it's more like the lighthearted first half of the series.
Oct 10, 2013 10:52 AM
May 2012
HELL TO THE YES!

I can't wait for more news for this. Psycho-Pass Season 2/Movie and now this. There's so many things that it needed to tied up all loose ends here.

TonyTin said:
I was really hoping for a prequel :/

Same here.
Oct 10, 2013 10:57 AM

Oct 2011
If they change main scriptwriter from Urobuchi it might be decent. Or at least without being so dark and will lower number of ridiculous solutions like first part.
Oct 10, 2013 11:23 AM

Nov 2007
Why does everyone still think Chamber is not there anymore? In the final segment they showed Ledo hiding the communicator in his arm that he used to interact with others using Chamber. Chamber doesn't have the body anymore but it was made obvious that his AI is still there, implying how Ledo has been communicating with Hideauze.

Anyways, looking forward to it!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 10, 2013 11:29 AM

Jan 2011
Well I expected to see this at some point but not this soon. Good news anyway.
Oct 10, 2013 11:31 AM

Feb 2013
I wonder what the sequel will focus on... there's a lot of potential here.
Oct 10, 2013 11:33 AM

Aug 2010
I thought that the story was wrapped up pretty well. Oh well, let's see what they make.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» "Oshi no Ko" Season 2 Reveals Supporting Cast Pair, Opening Theme, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

12 by Rhae »»
4 hours ago

» Science SARU Produces New 'Ghost in the Shell' TV Anime for 2026 ( 1 2 )

Vindstot - May 25

50 by ProudElitist »»
4 hours ago

» TOHO Strengthens Animation Division with Acquisition of Science SARU

Vindstot - May 24

13 by uncleqrow »»
6 hours ago

» 'Mashle' Anime Sequel Announced

Nioxys - Yesterday

19 by Alpha-Nine »»
8 hours ago

» Manga 'Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu' Gets Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - May 23

23 by thebrentinator24 »»
Yesterday, 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.