Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 14, 2009 4:24 PM
Oct 2008
vaberella said:
tl;dr

Lol okay. I don't agree with you, but I don't really care about your point of view -- soooo

I'm done, nyan~

<:
Feb 14, 2009 4:25 PM

Jan 2009
DarkFlash said:
Great episode ! But I don't want taiga x ryuji ending

Agreed. For once, I'd like to see an ending I wasn't expecting.
Feb 14, 2009 4:26 PM
Oct 2008
kameko14 said:
I don't see why everyone hates Minorin. First of all, she's not emo. She's just sad and confused. Is Taiga emo, then? I don't think so. And it's not like Minorin is one of those "Taiga, we seem to both like Ryuuji so may the best girl win!" characters. She's stepping aside for her best friend. She's not mean at all. Just because you like Taiga more doesn't give a reason not to like Minorin. I really want Minorin to be with Ryuuji but I'm not all bitchy about Taiga.

I agree ~!!

I think Minorin is the only one who handles this nicely :3. I feel like in the same shoes, I would have done 'may the best girl win!' but unlike Animu world, after this situation you usually don't stay best friends!!!

Which is why I like this show, it's so realistic -- !!
Feb 14, 2009 4:29 PM
Oct 2008
Ryushi said:
I'm not spoiling ya. I don't know surely the outcome.

I loled when you called kanon a bitch.

Anyway, i live in my delusions as well. (As a die hard Kyou fan i'm still in denial bout okazaki not ending with Kyou. )

le3ech said:
...But, in the end of the episode, we also see Ryuuji tug at his hair like he did with Minorin in the beginning remember~? That was his sign of 'liking' someone, well to me! I think Ryuuji has problems expressing his emotions and this is as close as we'll get, nyan! (Which is kind of why I said confess!)
You see, that proves the same as saying that by the fact that minorin fainted at seeing kitamura's towel drop, she felt in love with him. Come on. That proves nothing...

le3ech said:
Ryuuji is stuck in being a 'father' when he really wants to be a 'husband' , and he never progresses from that, nyan !! Which is why we're finally going to see him go from 'father' to 'husband' and develop :D
I guess thats what Ami sees. But not him. He is pretty much obliviuos about his own feelings.
IMO, he wants to continue supporting taiga and "get" minorin (i guess i should change to "wanted"). Its not like he wants to "go henshin" or something like that

Edit:Shit double post..

Maybe I just think like Amin~? Which is okay, since she's bro mehng!!

Well, I think Minorin fainted because she thought Kitamura was going to show his peniss !! Which isn't really the same thing, rah?
Feb 14, 2009 4:50 PM

Jun 2007
Defiance said:
DeathfireD said:
@Defiance - I do this for most romance anime's :). Look up true tears, Ef, kimi-kiss, or white album. It's not really an obsession but more so a hobby. I only do it for romance shows that I really like that are currently airing too.
That's nice, but it doesn't answer the main part of my statement lol.

Did you read the bottom of my post? I guess not. I use "Possibly has a crush on" for unverified things since people where complaining in the past about me jumping the gun.
Feb 14, 2009 4:53 PM

Feb 2009
I liked the episode and the direction the show is taking. Very happy with its progress.
Feb 14, 2009 5:00 PM

Sep 2008
ok this is an awsome anime....
wow the taigsa crying scene was unexpected....and the minorin sawing taiga crying was too much
this has like a predictible ending but at least one is going to suffer
but it also has the feeling that it is going yto be an unexpected ending
thi anime is goinng to be one of the best
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Feb 14, 2009 5:09 PM

Jul 2008
DeathfireD said:
Defiance said:
DeathfireD said:
@Defiance - I do this for most romance anime's :). Look up true tears, Ef, kimi-kiss, or white album. It's not really an obsession but more so a hobby. I only do it for romance shows that I really like that are currently airing too.
That's nice, but it doesn't answer the main part of my statement lol.

Did you read the bottom of my post? I guess not. I use "Possibly has a crush on" for unverified things since people where complaining in the past about me jumping the gun.
I was talking about how you put "has a crush on" and you should put "is in love with" because it would make more sense(I.E. Taiga is in love with Ryuuji). I'm just suggesting that saying "crush" doesn't really describe the extent of how they feel.
Feb 14, 2009 5:15 PM

May 2007
Le3ech...
You just failed.
nvm...

WOOOT 1000 POSTS!
Feb 14, 2009 5:38 PM

Dec 2008
i just love this anime! this episode was so cute! ♥
Feb 14, 2009 6:45 PM

Oct 2008
Hey, you know I was thinking about it a bit after watching this episode.

Toradora! is adapted from light novels right? There are 9 released so far and the 10th is going to be released in Japan March 10th. And not to mention, that will be the last book. So firstly, are they going to adapt the last volume in the Anime? And secondly, if they do, do they have time to show it with only 6 episodes left? Mind you, episode 19 just finished covering the seventh volume.

Basically, do they have time to cover 3 volumes in 6 episodes? Or will the season maybe be extended? Or will they cut stuff out? Or create a new ending? They couldn't possibly go for a second season could they?!

What do you guys think?

And as for the episode, I nearly had a heart seizure like twelve times. And reading that section in the light novel later was doubley- amazing. Thank god for baka-tsuki.net!
Feb 14, 2009 7:32 PM

Jan 2009
innerchihiro said:

Toradora! is adapted from light novels right? There are 9 released so far and the 10th is going to be released in Japan March 10th. And not to mention, that will be the last book. So firstly, are they going to adapt the last volume in the Anime? And secondly, if they do, do they have time to show it with only 6 episodes left? Mind you, episode 19 just finished covering the seventh volume.

Basically, do they have time to cover 3 volumes in 6 episodes? Or will the season maybe be extended? Or will they cut stuff out? Or create a new ending? They couldn't possibly go for a second season could they?!

What do you guys think?

And as for the episode, I nearly had a heart seizure like twelve times. And reading that section in the light novel later was doubley- amazing. Thank god for baka-tsuki.net!

Highly doubt. They said they were going to finish the novel and the anime at the same time with the same story (it has been the same as the novel so far). Imo they will use some fillers or idk.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Feb 14, 2009 8:45 PM

Oct 2008
I reallly, really want minorin to end up with Ryuji. If they FIRST liked the person that they liked why would they give up on them so easly? As we can all see it looked like minorin was going to be with Ryuji but then she saw her cry and all that, and because she is a good "friend" she doesn't want to take Ryuji away from her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

#MakeAnimeGreatAgain

SAY NO MORE LOLI! BRING MORE GENRES EVERY SEASON THAN JUST LOLI
Feb 14, 2009 9:27 PM
Mar 2008
sirxazor said:
I reallly, really want minorin to end up with Ryuji. If they FIRST liked the person that they liked why would they give up on them so easly? As we can all see it looked like minorin was going to be with Ryuji but then she saw her cry and all that, and because she is a good "friend" she doesn't want to take Ryuji away from her.

Because Ryuuji was just crushing on Min, he wasn't truely in love with her or anything, his feelings for taiga are much stronger, he just has to come to terms with them.

Seriously people, Ami isn't in love with ryuuji, and Ryuuji isn't in love with Minorin. It's been obvious since episode 1 that taiga and ryuuji are going to hit it off.

Why do you think Kitamura was given a random character love interest who basically popped in, made Kita unavailable and left.

To make Taiga available.

Ami->Ryuuji. If anything it's more like a friendship with a slight interest(very slight) If there was no taiga or min in the story, it wouldn't go anywhere, at most a few dates, but that's it.
Minorin->Ryuuji. This one has me a bit baffled. Where exactly did these feelings develop from? IMHO she just started to like him because of how he takes care of Taiga, which is why she backs off. She likes Taiga way too much, and her feelings for Ryuuji while "real" are not nearly on the same level or connection as Taiga's for Ryuuji.
Taiga->Ryuuji. Obviously the most real love in the anime. She had a crush on Kitamura, but after being around Ryuuji so long, with the way he treats her, she gains some real feelings rather then her infatuation with Kitamura(which is very shallow)

Ryuuji->Ami. Nothing more than friends, he has absolutely no interest in her this way.
Ryuuji->Minorin. A crush on a ideal. He liked her from afar, much like how Kitamura liked Taiga from afar. He got a bit closer to her through Taiga, but once he got to know both Min and Taiga it's obvious that he would perfer being with Taiga, and that Minorin was just a crush that even he didn't realize he outgrew. After all how many times can you say "I like _____" to yourself before you really start to hold that as a fact in your relationships.
Ryuuji->Taiga. Clearly he has the most interest in her, it was obvious in this episode when the choice finally arrived. He puts so much value into Taiga's happiness that he never thought about why he did. Ami started pestering him about this, but he's just unsure about it at this point.

This episode pretty much cleared the options

1. He showed little/no interest in Ami in this episode.
2. He was worried about Taiga the entire time he waited for Min.
3. Upon learning Taiga left to get Minorin for him, and then go home, he was presented with a choice. Stay for Minorin, or forget Minorin and go to Taiga. We all know he chose Taiga. But not only did he choose Taiga, but he didn't even care about the present he had for Min, nor where Min was.
4. The santabear scene showed just how far he'd go for Taiga, this isn't something you do for your "just friends" Especially during a holiday party where you planned to confess.
5. Knowing Minorin was going to go to the party, he WANTED to STAY with Taiga, but she talked him out of it.
6. Taiga pretty much confirmed her feelings in a public fashion which Minorin saw(she wanted to check up on Taiga before she went to the party)
7. Minorin rejected Ryuuji, basically closing off this arc(with good reason, she'd only get hurt later if she accepted it now)

Both Ami and Min never were real options, and frankly never would have been good couples. Just because you like a character more doesn't mean you speak for ryuuji.
BladinFeb 14, 2009 9:30 PM
Feb 14, 2009 9:31 PM

Nov 2008
le3ech said:
vaberella said:
tl;dr

Lol okay. I don't agree with you, but I don't really care about your point of view -- soooo

I'm done, nyan~

<:

Ditto....added to the fact that half of what you said was contradictory or basically didn't make sense at all. Funny...my opinion is given freely...I definitely don't bat an eye if you care or not.

innerchihiro said:

What do you guys think?

From what I read, the writers were already given the 10th copy of the light novel in advance. So it's to be expected to be in the story. Also because the 10th novel is the finale and wraps everything up...the author and the creators of the show came to the agreement that there will be an end.

You know how there are shows that have the guy paired with 2 or 3 girls and you don't know who he ended up with? That won't be the case with this story. It's ending on the definitive note. So it is following the direction of the light novel.

To answer your list of questions as they were asked.

1. I do believe they have time to cover the 3 live novels in the next 6 eps. 2 eps for each arc or so. I have always said there is a compression problem with these guys and they have cut and changed things to their will, so it's very likely they'll do that.

2. I don't know if the season will be extended. But there might be a second season. I believe the set episodes, 25, as they're listed is the amount we will be getting.

3. Stuff will most definitely be cut out. I've been upset by some of the stuff that has been cut out in the novel since it would change the out look some have on Taiga and Ryuuji.

4. They could very well go for a second season since that has been rumored since the onset of the show. Plus, since you're reading the novel you're aware of the Spin-off which they could extend by a lot. If that's the case then it's very likely.

I'm very happy there are translators for the novel. Ugh, the novel is a gem and I get to read them in English it's the best part of Toradora! and really puts everything you see on screen in context and answers questions you might have or didn't even know you had until you read the "real" scene.

sirxazor said:

Hmmm, that's easy. They never liked the person.

Let's go back to the first episode. Ryuuji didn't "know" Minorin. He knew "of" Minorin. He was fantasizing about someone but knew nothing about them so he was in love with a dream. She wasn't real for him. It's like this...I had a crush on Keanu Reeves, and I thought he was the cutest guy ever (I still do!). However, if I were introduced to him there's a chance I may not be "in love" with him like I fantasized and just like him as a friend when I get to know him. Ryuuji was first introduced to Minorin in the first episode. Before that she was in his class but they NEVER talked to one another. It's this year they've become friends and that's mainly through school.

You have Taiga and Kitamura. She "fell in love" with a guy who she didn't know either. It's been roughly a year since she had spoken to Kitamura after his declaration and before that she didn' t know who he was. So she was in love with a fantasy as well. She didn' t get to know him until this year.

In the mean time, Ryuuji and Taiga are basically living together. They go home together, we've seen Taiga sleeping over at his house and they eat breakfast together, lunch together, and dinner together. This relationship is getting stronger and stronger and tighter because they spend almost all waking moments together and even moments asleep. They see Kitamura and Minorin at school. Who do you think would have a tighter bond between the four?

All in all it's not about giving up on each other easily it's about who's forged the strongest bond versus others and who has recognized the difference between the "love" of a fantasy and that of the real thing.

I've said this several times in different threads, if you're interested you can check out my past posts.
Feb 14, 2009 10:31 PM

Apr 2008
i hate taiga x ruiji

but

pedobear approved of taiga in this ep
Feb 14, 2009 10:51 PM

Jan 2009
Taiga and Mai's song was awesome.
Poor Ryuiji, he can do better than Minori

Feb 15, 2009 2:42 AM

Sep 2008
what a sad episode, i didn't expect to see the situation between minorin and ryuji in that way. I feel so sorry for minorin now, shes just stepped down to let taiga have him pretty much. and ami doesen't even seem to be trying which sucks because i want to her to be with ryuji the most.

what i've started to think though is that it would be best of ryuji ended up with no one, i really like all 3 of the main girls and if ryuji ends up with taiga it will just make the other 2 upset. kind of sad really :(

oh and lol at kitamura :P what a sexy outfit don't you think?hahaha
Feb 15, 2009 3:29 AM
Dec 2007
Great episode as usual with fantastic development and characterization, fun and dramatic moments and great ending scenes. Still, I'm a bit mad as a Kushieda (and Kawashima but I never expected anything on this part) fan somewhat ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Feb 15, 2009 5:52 AM

Jan 2009
the episode real good
taiga realise that she have felling to Ryuiji
^^
Video Games ruined my life, good thing I have two extra lives.:D
Feb 15, 2009 8:17 AM

Dec 2008
ColdBeans said:
Taiga and Mai's song was awesome.
Poor Ryuiji, he can do better than Minori

Um, who's "Mai?" You mean "Ami." =P

Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku~

Feb 15, 2009 12:09 PM

Feb 2008
<3 Taiga in this ep, definitely cute and sexy at the same time. Little bit of a plot twist at the end, loved this ep.
Feb 15, 2009 1:40 PM

Jan 2009
Good episode, but need moar ami >0<
Feb 15, 2009 2:52 PM
Jan 2009
This is the turning point for both and their story will being.
Feb 15, 2009 2:54 PM

Jun 2008
I cried my eyes out. I didn't expect any of this to happen so soon, but I think it was played out nicely. Taiga needs Ryuuji in her life, she realizes that by 'hooking' up Minorin and him, she will not be walking by his side. It was terrible seeing her run out there, it made my eyes water. I watched the scene with Ryuuji in the teddybear outfit twice, it was so cute.

Ami and Taiga's duet was lovely too. I can't wait for the next episode, I love Toradora!<3 This is too exciting, this is too much. I like itttt.
Feb 15, 2009 4:09 PM

Nov 2007
Ami needs more screen time, D:<
Good episode and all, even though the random emotional breakdowns were quite confusing. Minori and Taiga are getting on my nerves right about now. If this "Taiga + Ryuuji" thing really happens, I'll cry for real.

Feb 15, 2009 4:23 PM

Dec 2007
finally the plot is moving in the direction i think most of us knew since EP1.

but ye, the upcoming episodes will set up Ryuuji and taiga as a couple i think, and hopefully they just wont skip what happens to the other characters like Ami and minorin etc. like some anime's do in similiar situations.

Bladin said:
sirxazor said:

Because Ryuuji was just crushing on Min, he wasn't truely in love with her or anything, his feelings for taiga are much stronger, he just has to come to terms with them.

Seriously people, Ami isn't in love with ryuuji, and Ryuuji isn't in love with Minorin. It's been obvious since episode 1 that taiga and ryuuji are going to hit it off.

Why do you think Kitamura was given a random character love interest who basically popped in, made Kita unavailable and left.

To make Taiga available.

Ami->Ryuuji. If anything it's more like a friendship with a slight interest(very slight) If there was no taiga or min in the story, it wouldn't go anywhere, at most a few dates, but that's it.
Minorin->Ryuuji. This one has me a bit baffled. Where exactly did these feelings develop from? IMHO she just started to like him because of how he takes care of Taiga, which is why she backs off. She likes Taiga way too much, and her feelings for Ryuuji while "real" are not nearly on the same level or connection as Taiga's for Ryuuji.
Taiga->Ryuuji. Obviously the most real love in the anime. She had a crush on Kitamura, but after being around Ryuuji so long, with the way he treats her, she gains some real feelings rather then her infatuation with Kitamura(which is very shallow)

Ryuuji->Ami. Nothing more than friends, he has absolutely no interest in her this way.
Ryuuji->Minorin. A crush on a ideal. He liked her from afar, much like how Kitamura liked Taiga from afar. He got a bit closer to her through Taiga, but once he got to know both Min and Taiga it's obvious that he would perfer being with Taiga, and that Minorin was just a crush that even he didn't realize he outgrew. After all how many times can you say "I like _____" to yourself before you really start to hold that as a fact in your relationships.
Ryuuji->Taiga. Clearly he has the most interest in her, it was obvious in this episode when the choice finally arrived. He puts so much value into Taiga's happiness that he never thought about why he did. Ami started pestering him about this, but he's just unsure about it at this point.

This episode pretty much cleared the options

1. He showed little/no interest in Ami in this episode.
2. He was worried about Taiga the entire time he waited for Min.
3. Upon learning Taiga left to get Minorin for him, and then go home, he was presented with a choice. Stay for Minorin, or forget Minorin and go to Taiga. We all know he chose Taiga. But not only did he choose Taiga, but he didn't even care about the present he had for Min, nor where Min was.
4. The santabear scene showed just how far he'd go for Taiga, this isn't something you do for your "just friends" Especially during a holiday party where you planned to confess.
5. Knowing Minorin was going to go to the party, he WANTED to STAY with Taiga, but she talked him out of it.
6. Taiga pretty much confirmed her feelings in a public fashion which Minorin saw(she wanted to check up on Taiga before she went to the party)
7. Minorin rejected Ryuuji, basically closing off this arc(with good reason, she'd only get hurt later if she accepted it now)

Both Ami and Min never were real options, and frankly never would have been good couples. Just because you like a character more doesn't mean you speak for ryuuji.

did you read my mind?
OnegaiFeb 15, 2009 4:33 PM
Feb 15, 2009 4:52 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
indeed, Ryuuji should really stay with Taiga.

I should really recommend some of my friends to watch this. I think they are somewhat in the same kind of situation (they are very close friends but the guy has a girlfriend...what I don't understand is that they are so close to each other like unbelievable...not to mention the girl always jab on the guy and they tease each other....they make real couples look very superficial....)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 15, 2009 5:29 PM

Jan 2009
AkariChan said:

Somewhat, the plots are expected :3
You make really cool Desktops! ^_^
Feb 15, 2009 5:29 PM

May 2007
Bladin said:
Both Ami and Min never were real options...
You speak the truth my fellow MAL user.

But let us live with our stupid denial of facts.
Its not like it would affect your way to rate this magnificent show.
At least, won't affect mine.... In a serious manner. lol
Feb 15, 2009 5:37 PM
Jun 2008
Theres a reason I rated this show after the 3rd episode... because I knew this shit was going to happen. How cliched and lame can you get? Taiga sucks, shes the most annoying anime character ever. I dont think its possible to be her friend let alone have feelings for her. If anything the desire to punch her in the face is ever present.

This show is shit and my rating of 1 stands.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Feb 15, 2009 5:48 PM

Jan 2009
.... I can't be the only one that thought of this.

Feb 15, 2009 6:49 PM

Sep 2008
Fuck man.

Every time I watch this show, I get really into it, but I can't watch more for a week. But what I also noticed is that the show has slowly gotten worse, in my opinion.

Minorin's an odd character - the more she develops, the weirder, unstable, and harder to like she becomes.

Taiga's just usual Taiga, and Ami's mysterious as usual.

The slow, fruity moments overtook the funnier, lighthearted moments. The thing is that I started watching for the comedy, to be honest.

vaberella said:

On a lighther note....Who has noticed Inko-chan's tongue is pink? Parrots have black tongues, not pink ones. It's something I noticed when I saw the ep. I think that's why he might be a bit loopy.
Budgerigars - I have one. As far as I know, his tongue is pink with enough gray to discolor it. But hey, it's an anime. ;)
CriticalDesignFeb 15, 2009 6:57 PM
Feb 15, 2009 8:20 PM

Aug 2008
The official rule of a Harem is that the main character must have at least three potential love interests. I knew this was going to happen and I was giving Toradora a chance, but now I regretfully say that THIS ANIME TURNED INTO A HAREM. Dammit society, I hate you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2009 8:44 PM

Jan 2009
CkretAznMan said:
The official rule of a Harem is that the main character must have at least three potential love interests. I knew this was going to happen and I was giving Toradora a chance, but now I regretfully say that THIS ANIME TURNED INTO A HAREM. Dammit society, I hate you.

Sadly. At first, I tought Shuffle! was going that route until it threw me for a loop. When I was watching Lovely Complex, I had a vague feeling about it, then knew I was right about it. I was thinking Toradora! would follow Shuffle!... but I guess it doesn't look that way at all. My 7 may drop to a 6 depending on the rest of this show.
Feb 15, 2009 9:01 PM

Jun 2007
a lot of people seem to be bashing minorin, and I think i understand,, I thought she's an interesting at first but i just can't get to like her w/ her suuposed to be comedic personality..
Damn, as a Pro-Ami, i hated that scene when taiga called for ruuji,,

NExt episode..how can they go back to being happy-happy after all that happened?
Feb 15, 2009 9:55 PM

Aug 2008
I loved the ep, but I had to admit that I was surprised at how strong Taiga's reaction was to Ryuuji going after Minorin. WOW! This is just going to make things much more complicated.

And I really was wondering why the hell Kitamura had no shirt on!

edit: oh & couldn't help but laugh when Ryuuji showed up in the Santa Bear outfit. The horrible thought that that was pedo bear creeped into my head. "Oh god, no!" DX
Feb 15, 2009 10:39 PM

Aug 2008
This can easily be the best episode so far. ^^
I particularly loved the transition they made when they introduced their new ending... It really had a big effect when put together with the episode's mood.
The santa-and-Taiga thing near the end was really good.
This show truly just keeps getting better and better each time. <3

I'm thinking that the poll reflects what pro-Minorin(or ppl that leaned more towards her) fans thought of this episode.
To be honest, I always liked Ami more, and taiga above the other 2(not that I hated Minorin or anything).

TAIGA FTW!! W00t (^_^)
Feb 15, 2009 10:42 PM

Aug 2007
nooooo MINORIN :(((
taiga should just go and disappear somewhere, damn tsundere :P
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Feb 15, 2009 10:54 PM

Feb 2008
who didn't see this coming? who?

six more episodes. if its an all is well that ends well, happily ever after crap it will have been a terrible show after all that. one of them should suffer in agony.
Feb 16, 2009 12:38 AM

Mar 2008
Although I really like Minorin, I'm glad she made the choice to let Taiga have Ryuuji instead of herself. From the first few episodes, I had this idea Taiga's feelings for Ryuuji only got stronger and stronger. Now that she finally has realised she needs him, I wonder how things will go further. We still have six episodes left. It that enough to give some more drama and couple changes...?
Feb 16, 2009 1:10 AM

May 2008
Awesome Episode!!!!!!!!!

Feb 16, 2009 3:33 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
oh wooowwwwww i TOTALLY was NOT expecting THAT to happen. NOOOO wayyy.
p r o f i l e 👀
Feb 16, 2009 4:10 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was incredibly predictable.
Feb 16, 2009 5:17 AM

Jun 2008
I had liked Toradora from the beginning since it was a tsundere anime, voiced by Kugimiya that didn't have my eyes rolling from the cliché storyline....until now. As for this pairing having to be as some seem to think due to the closeness, I say closeness doesn't have to result in love interest. If anything, I was hoping for the two be each other's best opposite sex friend. Personally, I have someone that I'm about as close to as Taiga is with Ryuji, but that person is more like family to be as opposed to a lover(or interest).
Though even with that, I would have been for a tsunderexmale protagonist pairing if it had been played out without this cliché melodrama. If Ryuji and Taiga naturally just had gotten close to each without the "I got rejected by my crush" then it would at least, to me, have been less annoying. It's almost feels like forced pairing or "we're together cuz we're close and things didn't go our way with our first love". At least that's the impression I always get from these types of situations in romance anime.
Feb 16, 2009 5:17 AM

Feb 2009
Yuunagi said:
Prepare for the inevitable.

See that expression? It's got "Let's make puppies" written all over it.

LMAO =D

I seem to be one of the endangered people who hate the Christmas song, but the only poster who thinks that Ami and Taiga are much better looking in their normal attire. But hey.

Taiga has seem "out of character" recently. I apparently missed the gap where she went from tsudenure (however you spell it >=/) to soft. Minorin, in contrast, seemed much more developed given the time she was on screen, simply because she made the most mature decision. Ami, my personal favorite, seems to have a lack of an arc. BLASPHEMY!

Cynically, I see Taiga's crying scene a bit shallow and corny. Am I the only one so cold hearted and still biased against her?? D= Yeah, I agree its the most probable out of the bunch, but the reason Toradora! attracted me was because it seemed un-harem like. I guess I've been disappointed again.

In the influence of Yuunagi: Prepare for the inevitable. Puppies.
Feb 16, 2009 6:46 AM

Jan 2009
i
TechDragon said:
Awesome Episode!!!!!!!!!

^^ yahhh
ask you KNOW where i can download mp3 of
Holy Night by Rie Kugimiya, and Eri Kitamura
huhuhu
stein41Feb 17, 2009 12:49 AM
Video Games ruined my life, good thing I have two extra lives.:D
Feb 16, 2009 7:09 AM

Apr 2008
Good episode, really liked it and can't wait for next to come. It's really becomming harem, where all girls fall for one guy, but who didn't think that it will end that way? Seriously I was prepared for that kind of situation and I think that Toradora is simply awesome in this way. That's all.
Feb 16, 2009 11:00 AM

Nov 2008
I don't understand why some of you were just a few weeks ago saying "Omg I love how in this anime you don't know who will get with who!" But now that we finally have a more obvious pairing say "Omg it was SO obvious he'd get with Taiga *insert complains here*" hypocrisy much?

They are defiantly more then just best friends or brother and sister, there have been little hints here and there that have defiantly shown otherwise. If they left them as friends it would have been awkward because it always seemed like there was a little something more there, but of course they didn't see it because they thought they had crushes on other people thus focused on that. Ami has noticed all this, that's why she keeps telling Ryuuji to stop playing Dad, because it's apparent he feels more then that as does Taiga.

Taiga and Ryuuji do have the most development, the closest bond, so yes they make the most sense together. It's not as cliche as everyone make it seem because it hasn't always been so obvious, there have just been hints here and there. Usually one of the two characters realize there feelings early on, not wait until episode 19.
YukiKumoFeb 16, 2009 11:58 AM
Feb 16, 2009 11:14 AM

Aug 2008
Taiga had her little blush about Ryuuji pretty early on. I don't remember what episode it was, it might have been after the Fireworks episode, but the point is, the "hints" aren't so small. The show is called Toradora, folks.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.