Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 5, 2013 11:24 PM

Apr 2011
This was just spectacular for me, <333 the singing!
Oct 5, 2013 11:34 PM

Dec 2012
This captured my interest right from the start, really enjoyable first episode. The way the pianist, Ogiso, and Haruki all played together at the end was really nice. The music in this is beautiful. This might become my hidden gem of the season.

phantom19 said:
Could it be?! A non beta MC!! This was probably my favorite start to the Fall season so far. The MC is a strong willed guy and the girls seem great as well. For some reason the song at the end sounded familiar but I've definitely never heard it before.

Definitely, Haruki is a complete win so far. I like how perceptive and casual he is. I also feel like that song was somewhat nostalgic and a bit sad, but it's a first for me as well.
ZekkenshinOct 5, 2013 11:37 PM
Oct 5, 2013 11:47 PM

Sep 2008
So far, so good.
Since I skipped the first season, I wasn't originally intending to watch this show. If it wasn't for the relatively high rating it has and the realization that the two seasons are mostly unrelated, I wouldn't have even given it a chance, but so far, this has been one of the more enjoyable starts I've seen this season. I'm pleasantly surprised. The music in particular is great.

I do hope it doesn't disappoint later on, although I'll try not to get my hopes up since I can easily see that happening.
KatOct 5, 2013 11:56 PM
Oct 5, 2013 11:56 PM
Sep 2012
Everything seems better in White Album 2 than White Album so far. Even the male lead isn't a fucking indecisive, cheating, stupid asshole - this is no joke (for those who haven't seen the first one). I can't tell you how many times I wanted to strangle Touma and just about everyone else besides Yuki and Rina
Oct 5, 2013 11:57 PM

Feb 2012
Wow. That was unexpectedly amazing. The conversation, witty exchange of dialogues and of course the characters were absolutely near perfection. I really love the whole atmosphere of the show. Will definitely keep this show. Didn't disappoint.

DAMN This season is really fucking amazing especially the romance themed shows. It's kicking some ass unlike some other shows last year which didn't really give up anything.
Oct 6, 2013 12:20 AM

Nov 2010
This is a better start than a slow start that I was expecting. A beautiful romantic drama that I've been longing for!

Now, this anime is about WA2 ~Introductory Chapter~ (VN), right? That VN is said to be much better than WA1 (VN), and WA1 is adapted poorly to anime. Simple calculation makes WA2 anime would be very much better than WA1 anime if WA2 (Introductory) is adapted right.

Now, imagine what will WA2 ~Closing Chapter~ (VN) will become if it's properly animated one day since it scores even much better than the introductory (and it's astronomically higher rated than WA1 (VN)).
Oct 6, 2013 12:37 AM

May 2010
It's better than I expected especially I think this one the guy isn't the usual stupid MC that I've been seeing mostly this summer( I'm tired watching those guys again and again ), he is more serious a bit strict but I guess it's okay

Plus I really like the song, can't wait to see more
Oct 6, 2013 12:52 AM

Sep 2008
zeroyuki92 said:
Now, this anime is about WA2 ~Introductory Chapter~ (VN), right? That VN is said to be much better than WA1 (VN), and WA1 is adapted poorly to anime. Simple calculation makes WA2 anime would be very much better than WA1 anime if WA2 (Introductory) is adapted right.

Now, imagine what will WA2 ~Closing Chapter~ (VN) will become if it's properly animated one day since it scores even much better than the introductory (and it's astronomically higher rated than WA1 (VN)).

Huh, I never knew that there was a sequel to this. It has a ridiculously high VNDB rating too (8.67)! That certainly makes me quite a bit more interested in this series. I wonder if it'll be like Clannad to After Story then, because that would be lovely.

Now I'm really hoping that this series does well enough to justify a second season! Apparently the Intro VN is on the short side, while the Closing VN is a heck of a lot longer. Since I don't know how many episodes this will be, could that mean the first season will be a single cour while the season with be two? Or perhaps they'll try to squeeze both of them into a double cour show? Regardless, I'll be looking forward to it if it ever comes around.
Oct 6, 2013 1:16 AM

Mar 2013
That was nice :)
Will continue watching to see where this is going....
Oct 6, 2013 1:49 AM

Aug 2012
That already by far exceeded my expectations. I'm normally rather sceptical when it comes to Drama genre, because I get bored quite easily if I don't particularly care about the characters, but it seems to work out for this series. Great start!
.................................................................................
Oct 6, 2013 3:03 AM
May 2013
Interesting.... hope its better than the first one....
Oct 6, 2013 3:13 AM
Apr 2011
Fortunately, I knew how to read Chinese and I have completed the game with Chinese translations. The anime is quite loyal to its VN in the first episode.

It almost cried when I heard "White Album" by Setsuna. This story is very heartbreaking and IC is just a prologue only. Hopefully, they could adapt it well and even give it a season 2 or 3 to complete the entire VN.

Off topic:
I could finally login to MAL after few months of error trying to log in.....Hope it stays.:(
Oct 6, 2013 3:56 AM

Oct 2012
Oh wow, I really loved this. I mean, I heard that this was based of a really good VN, but I didn't expect to like as much as I did. Definitely gonna keep watching.
Oct 6, 2013 4:54 AM

Mar 2008
opernlied said:
Pretty much the expected point to stop at, which is great. Main issue is that they spoiled things by showing the concert scene at the beginning, instead of how the original handled it.

the script is written by the original author, you can't get better than that tho : )
Oct 6, 2013 5:53 AM
Jul 2013
firezero10 said:
Fortunately, I knew how to read Chinese and I have completed the game with Chinese translations. The anime is quite loyal to its VN in the first episode.

It almost cried when I heard "White Album" by Setsuna. This story is very heartbreaking and IC is just a prologue only. Hopefully, they could adapt it well and even give it a season 2 or 3 to complete the entire VN.

Off topic:
I could finally login to MAL after few months of error trying to log in.....Hope it stays.:(

Sir, mind if I ask you to PM spoil me the whole story please? (IC+CC+ Coda) I'd really appreciate if you do. But if you don't, I won't blame you either!
firezero10 said:

Off topic:

That bug is still there? I thought Xinil fixed it o-o. But anyway, welcome to MAL.

Also, mind if I ask you a favor? Could you please spoil me the whole White Album 2 story? (IC+CC+Coda) I'm one of those type who enjoy the story more if he/she's spoiled. I'd really appreciate it if you do, but if you don't, I won't hold a grudge against you either!

Thank you in advance!
Oct 6, 2013 6:26 AM

Jul 2009
do i need to watch the 1st White album before watching this series?
Oct 6, 2013 6:35 AM

Nov 2010
kson said:
do i need to watch the 1st White album before watching this series?

Nope,no relation at all besides same setting (with 10 years gap).

Since this has been asked so many times, I think we need a giant FAQ where it says "NO THIS IS NOT A DIRECT SEQUEL AND YOU DON'T NEED TO WATCH WHITE ALBUM 1 BEFORE YOU WATCH THIS.". Probably a simple review would suffice?

And so far it's also has a big quality gap due to both material quality gap and adaptation quality gap.
Oct 6, 2013 7:34 AM

Jul 2009
Thank you
Oct 6, 2013 7:41 AM

Feb 2009
Yeah, I'm picking this up just because I heard it was really good and it's not connected to the first White Album which I haven't watched yet. And I really like it so far. That song at the end was pretty good. The characters don't have much life yet but we'll get there.
I can't really help but be reminded of NGE's Asuka and Another's Akazawa with Ogiso though. And she has the seiyuu of the latter.
This is my surprise show of the season.
Oct 6, 2013 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
yea someone might want to clarify the ambiguity between this and wa1 in a review or on the synopsis

Xinception said:

Could you please spoil me the whole White Album 2 story?

lets not spoil anything here, spoiler tags dont always work. ask him in private.

off topic
firezero10 said:
Fortunately, I knew how to read Chinese and I have completed the game with Chinese translations.

中国人吗?
Oct 6, 2013 8:10 AM

Jun 2012
Dunno why I felt like checking out but once I learned you didn't need to watch the first since this is separate from White Album 1 I thought "Why not?"
Oct 6, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2012
Wow. I didn't cringe at all from the dialogue, and this is coming from someone who cringes from the smallest things. Please, MC, keep up the good work with your interactions with the female characters and don't turn into Makoto or a beta-fag for me, yeah?

Edit: Music was great. Loved the singer's voice.
Oct 6, 2013 9:28 AM

Apr 2010
That wasn't a bad episode at all. Much better than White Album 1 for sure.

6.5/10 for this ep
Oct 6, 2013 10:04 AM
Mar 2010
I played the VN. The anime is rather fast-paced compared to the VN. But if I were to treat the show itself as a stand-alone anime, then it has a really good pace
Oct 6, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2011
Ending was great, loved the singer's voice :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2013 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
Looks like I have myself another anime to follow this season.

Started out alright, really liked the song. Can't rewatch right now, but the scenes in the start were from the school fair? not that much spoiling then as people are claiming, unless I'm missing something. I'm sure we're gonna get some few episodes when they get together, and then we have the performance. After that, we probably get a bunch of drama, at least that's what seems to be implied at the start. Here is where I feel the anime could dissapoint.
Oct 6, 2013 1:56 PM

Jul 2009
BEST EPISODE 1 OF THIS SEASON. HANDS DOWN.
jesus ive watched 90% of the anime out so far this season and there are a few good ones but white album 2 struck a cord with me. it was amazing. the MC is incredible; smooth, perceptive, and easily admirable. and that setup with the 2 rooms beside each other where the characters play music -- communicating, motivating each other through music every day. it's romantic, it's beautiful.

9/10 for the first episode.
Oct 6, 2013 2:25 PM
Feb 2013
Neither played the VN, neither seen WA1.
I found that first episode pretty nice. Gonna keep watching.
The MC seems good. Almost BA. Liked the music too.
Oct 6, 2013 2:54 PM

Jan 2011
That was such a lovely melody <3

Oct 6, 2013 4:29 PM

Jun 2013
that's not what she wanted to hear not really sure about this one guess i'll watch few more episodes and see how it goes
Oct 6, 2013 6:50 PM

Jun 2008
SweetKotomi said:
I think WA2 will be similar to Tari Tari.

Um.. No. Tari2 doesn't have the purest form of a romance drama, and in the end it just become a regular school drama.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 6, 2013 8:09 PM

Mar 2012
I've never been a fan of flashback from the start, and I don't think it's appropriate here. Sure, it's not much of a spoiler if we know the paths of Haruki, Setsuna, and Kazusa will cross, but the foreboding few seconds where we find out about how the concert was the last of them being together aren't necessary at all. Usually flashbacks are meant to bring the audience to look forward to the "why," but I personally feel like in this case it's made me less excited as to the "what will happen." We've already ended up finding out a lot about what will happen, it seems.

That being said, the rave reviews about WA2 the VN are probably no fluke and chances are this will be a rather sophisticated romance story we're gonna see. I only hope this series won't suffer from pace because of budget issues, but otherwise this was an excellent episode one. I'm pumped about how it'll go from here for sure.
Oct 6, 2013 9:36 PM

Jul 2008
I agree with some people that the opening scene flash forward/back whatever was unnecessary. It just spoiled things for those who haven't read the VN.

But I still really enjoyed the episode. The song at the end was so pretty.
Oct 6, 2013 9:45 PM

May 2013
Love that song at the end.
Oct 6, 2013 10:08 PM

Aug 2012
the mc feels...different than other harem protagonists and that's a good thing
Oct 6, 2013 10:27 PM

Apr 2009
I really need the single for that song at the end in my life.
Oct 6, 2013 10:45 PM
Nov 2010
tezann_t said:
I've never been a fan of flashback from the start, and I don't think it's appropriate here. Sure, it's not much of a spoiler if we know the paths of Haruki, Setsuna, and Kazusa will cross, but the foreboding few seconds where we find out about how the concert was the last of them being together aren't necessary at all. Usually flashbacks are meant to bring the audience to look forward to the "why," but I personally feel like in this case it's made me less excited as to the "what will happen." We've already ended up finding out a lot about what will happen, it seems.

That being said, the rave reviews about WA2 the VN are probably no fluke and chances are this will be a rather sophisticated romance story we're gonna see. I only hope this series won't suffer from pace because of budget issues, but otherwise this was an excellent episode one. I'm pumped about how it'll go from here for sure.

Well, not like viewers can't guess what gonna happen in a story and setting like this one though. Instead, showing the end like that is interesting in its own way. I mean I know what to expect whenever I watch the show. Moreover, the love triangle was not completely spoiled, you know. I saw 2 main heroines with the mc BUT I don't know who the mc gonna end up with.
Good job, WA2 got me completely hooked. Now I'm off to watch WA1, heard good things about it.
Oct 6, 2013 10:50 PM

Sep 2012
The music is pretty good.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 7, 2013 12:34 AM

Dec 2008
Let it be known that the white album 1 game in itself was actually rather terrible. White album 2 however has won quite the bit of awards for how good it was in the VN industry and is top rated on most japanese VNDB-esque sites.

Also how was the plot spoiled? You have three season's to go through which would be fall, winter, and then spring where the novel ends. The concert in the beginning is not the end BUT the beginning of where things pretty much fall apart. Also people complaining about the 'plot' yet nobody knows what the plot is yet though. How are people going to judge so much from just one episode and have NOT played the actual game yet.
tysonultimaOct 7, 2013 12:46 AM
Oct 7, 2013 12:46 AM

Sep 2012
I'm liking what I see. The singing was nice.
Oct 7, 2013 1:17 AM

Aug 2008
So far I like it, except that the story feels like it's going to take place on a 3-4 month period, so I think it will feel a bit constrained. Is there going to be enough character development? It also seems like it's going to be a love triangle setting, which could be interesting.
The character designs are pretty too.
Oct 7, 2013 1:45 AM
Apr 2011
tysonultima said:
Let it be known that the white album 1 game in itself was actually rather terrible. White album 2 however has won quite the bit of awards for how good it was in the VN industry and is top rated on most japanese VNDB-esque sites.

Also how was the plot spoiled? You have three season's to go through which would be fall, winter, and then spring where the novel ends. The concert in the beginning is not the end BUT the beginning of where things pretty much fall apart. Also people complaining about the 'plot' yet nobody knows what the plot is yet though. How are people going to judge so much from just one episode and have NOT played the actual game yet.

I agree with you. The concert is just the start...... Wait, I should not spoil it any further. I really hope this anime do justice to the game. It is best game I have played (or the best romance story I have came across).
Oct 7, 2013 2:31 AM

Jul 2013
firezero10 said:
tysonultima said:

I agree with you. The concert is just the start...... Wait, I should not spoil it any further. I really hope this anime do justice to the game. It is best game I have played (or the best romance story I have came across).

You're not spoiling though. It's right out there if you pay attention when watching.
Oct 7, 2013 2:54 AM
Apr 2011
Ntaig said:
firezero10 said:
tysonultima said:

You're not spoiling though. It's right out there if you pay attention when watching.

Oct 7, 2013 3:00 AM
Jul 2018
Genix said:
So far I like it, except that the story feels like it's going to take place on a 3-4 month period, so I think it will feel a bit constrained. Is there going to be enough character development? It also seems like it's going to be a love triangle setting, which could be interesting.
The character designs are pretty too.

No the entire story spans a long time. (Time gaps included)
Oct 7, 2013 4:33 AM

May 2012
The VN is highly regarded, but I'm roo much of a lazy fuck and I have too many others to go through.
Looks promising! Has a nice atmosphere and the characters seems more down-to-earth than the ones you usually find in the genre.
Oct 7, 2013 7:48 AM

Nov 2012
Surprisingly liked it, main character is a judgmental asshole though. But then again a bit of a confident asshole might be refreshingly different for a change. Not much of girls shown so can't say much about them yet, but for now will keep watching.

Oct 7, 2013 8:09 AM

Jun 2009
Seems exactly like the kind of series I'll lik. It hit all the right notes so to speak. I like the protagonist, Haruki. Also, I don't have a problem withe the flashforward at the end. With a show like this it's expected for something like a love triangle to happen, so showing that in advance is a nice bit of honesty. Now it'll be interesting as to how that comes about.
Ston3_FreeN7Oct 7, 2013 8:26 AM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 7, 2013 8:48 AM

Jun 2011
Pretty glad that I decided to give this a go. Almost went under my radar.

I'm really liking it so far. Haruki is the least beta harem protagonist that I've seen in a while, which is very refreshing. I'm liking Ogiso's personality too - reserved but still sociable. That song at end was pretty nice too. Definitely one of the better shows I've seen this season.

5/5
Oct 7, 2013 9:06 AM

Jul 2013
The first season pissed me off a lot due to the harem in it. Though I am going to give this a shot, but I am seeing similar trends in the first season in this one episode already...
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.