Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2013 11:00 AM

Feb 2013
RediceRyan said:
apau said:
I think I am gonna kill someone right now. J.C Staff...what the fuck did you do? I mean, like 75% of Kurugaya's route adapted in 10 minutes?

Not even Tsukihime's non-existent anime was so fail.

If 75% of one characters arc was adapted in half an episode there must be a lot of story to tell in 26 episodes. The VN must be one of the longest.

Anyways, great first episode. Took a few minutes to get back into it, trying to remember all the characters. There were some great scenes.
5/5

It's not that the VN is long, the VN is reliant on a lot of building up so that the climax of the story has the biggest impact possible. By shortening Kurugaya's route it gives them more episodes to build up with so that the drama is really solid.
Oct 5, 2013 11:00 AM

Sep 2012
The feels are yet to come.
Nice episode.
Oct 5, 2013 11:02 AM

Apr 2010
mitch3315 said:
RediceRyan said:
apau said:
I think I am gonna kill someone right now. J.C Staff...what the fuck did you do? I mean, like 75% of Kurugaya's route adapted in 10 minutes?

Not even Tsukihime's non-existent anime was so fail.

If 75% of one characters arc was adapted in half an episode there must be a lot of story to tell in 26 episodes. The VN must be one of the longest.

26 episodes would be incredibly drawn out.

And 13 episodes would be rushing it incredibly fast. After Storys linecount was less than Refrain, but it took 13 episodes. They'd have to rush it far more than After Story while also fitting in Kurugaya and Rins routes. Thats just not doable without it being a total disaster.

Oct 5, 2013 11:10 AM

Sep 2012
*After Story took 14 eps, 9-22, and it's about the same length as Refrain.
I personally feel like they're going to do some nicely done development throughout Refrain and keep it a similar length, and pace Rin's route better (but I guess slower) than the other routes.

So yeah, extra common route, 14 eps for the weekly suffering arc, I mean the Refrain arc, and the rest for Kurugaya+ Rin.
Oct 5, 2013 11:14 AM

Jul 2010
Vladz0r said:
*After Story took 14 eps, 9-22, and it's about the same length as Refrain.
I personally feel like they're going to do some nicely done development throughout Refrain and keep it a similar length, and pace Rin's route better (but I guess slower) than the other routes.

So yeah, extra common route, 14 eps for the weekly suffering arc, I mean the Refrain arc, and the rest for Kurugaya+ Rin.

Yeah, I really want more common route <_<
Oct 5, 2013 11:16 AM

Sep 2011
Finally, I was able to watch it.

DAT OP
DAT FORESHADOWING
DAT RIN
DAT EVERYTHING
Such a great first episode.

Yes, it's just as I heard, Little Busters is saved!
Or, well, it seems like so far. I'm still hoping they won't screw it up in some way or another.

Like I said, the OP is absolutely wonderful (Both the song and the animation), worthy of Refrain without a second thought.
The ED however...is kind of meh :( It's not bad, but it's nowhere near as good as the two OPs and the previous ED. Or any other ending song from the VN :/
Oct 5, 2013 11:18 AM

Jul 2010
Oh yeah, show those girls who's boss Yuiko. JC Staff did a nice job with this episode. A few changes here and there but overall, quite enjoyable.
Oct 5, 2013 11:19 AM

Jul 2013
Damn a great start of the 2nd season, the op was pretty emotional too. A good start for Kurugaya's route, though what I heard that some viewers might think that the route would change directions and rushed most of the time. Well I haven't played the game for this so let's see how it goes in the next couple episodes.

Well same concept, animation, characters, ost, setting, and story, though it will be much more emotional than the previous season which I hope for the best.

Oct 5, 2013 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Is JC Staff gonna animate those glorious kurugaya moments in riki's flashback that appeared this episode?
Oct 5, 2013 11:21 AM

Oct 2012
Riki and Yuiko Romance? although I prefer Rin and Riki
i love OP & ED *-*

Oct 5, 2013 11:23 AM

Aug 2013
InabaHimeko said:
Riki and Yuiko Romance? although I prefer Rin and Riki
i love OP & ED *-*
In fact I like both couples for some reason, so it doesn't matter who ends up with who for me 030
Oct 5, 2013 11:54 AM
Jul 2012
I really love the anime. And it makes me want to pay the visual novel. But I CAN'T TAKE JAPANESE! Or I have to take an extra year of language.

Its nice to see the anime back. I'm definitely going to enjoy it. And the animation was really good this episode. DOOR-KUN!!!!! Good job showing an example.
Oct 5, 2013 12:01 PM

Aug 2011
Acxelion said:
I really love the anime. And it makes me want to pay the visual novel. But I CAN'T TAKE JAPANESE! Or I have to take an extra year of language.

You do realise there is an English translation, right?
Oct 5, 2013 12:02 PM

Jul 2010
Kurugaya best girl. Just saying.
Also, dem OST.

Anyway, my feels are not ready.
Oct 5, 2013 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
mitch3315 said:
Acxelion said:

You do realise there is an English translation, right?
Unless ur talking bout EX
Oct 5, 2013 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
This episode man. the way how Kurugaya was when she snapped, I was literally shaking.

Not bad for a start.
Oct 5, 2013 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
First thing I have to say... every soundtrack was SO misplaced. Seriously, it makes me sad that they don't know how or when to make us of some tracks.
Now... Kuragaya was so baddass! I love her character, probably the only one I care about from the none-former-Little-busters characters.
The OP is really pretty, I like it better than the one from the first season. The animation looked very fluid, but they're probably not going to be able to keep it like that for the rest of episodes.
Anyway, nice episode!
Oct 5, 2013 12:27 PM

Mar 2013
Yes!~ Finally I can watch Little Busters again :)
First episode was amazing too <3
Oct 5, 2013 12:28 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode! Kurugaya.. wow! I can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 5, 2013 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
Best girl coming through http://i.imgur.com/or1koUn.jpg

sweetdrops said:
First thing I have to say... every soundtrack was SO misplaced.

wat
Maybe compared to the VN there was different placement, but compared to how badly placed and at what volume the music was last season, this was much better. I didn't find anything as glaringly wrong as last season.
Oct 5, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
Magnificent episode, great OP & ED.

Pancake party. YEY

Why would such a person put a thumbtacks on Kud's bag and torn Komari's notebooks.

I'll make sure that i won't pick a fight with Kurugaya.

The girls reaction was so funny. http://i.imgur.com/GwHmT42.jpg

Great ED song.

Looking forward to more of this.

Mar 2012
I want to hear it again the piano that Kurugaya play. She is indeed the best LB heroine. I really miss the day when LB gang fooling around.

Journal 20th July day 1.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.

Aug 2013
Vladz0r said:
The holding hands scene was unexpected to me possibly because I never knew riki had dem female like hands
Oct 5, 2013 12:39 PM
Jan 2012
Oh man awesome start... Already love the OP...
Oct 5, 2013 12:53 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
epic_joelle said:
Vladz0r said:
The holding hands scene was unexpected to me possibly because I never knew riki had dem female like hands

well he always had a lot of feminine sides

also female seiyuu ^^
Oct 5, 2013 1:00 PM

Mar 2011
LITTLE BUSTERS SAIKYOOOOOOOOOoooo *wheeze wheeze* lol

gotta love Kyousuke
Oct 5, 2013 1:08 PM
Feb 2013
HaXXspetten said:
epic_joelle said:
Vladz0r said:

well he always had a lot of feminine sides

also female seiyuu ^^

Timing is the definition of feminant. Though that's for a reason. Also considering he's being voiced by ayu. I'm glad they decided to deviate from the Kyoto style of animation and make things more artistic.
Oct 5, 2013 1:24 PM

Nov 2010
Wat? There's a real budget in my little busters animu???

Anyway, I'm kinda afraid that they will use a ton of still images again thx to the first 10 seconds, but I'm glad that the rest of the episode are so fluid (compared to the first season, of course). Finally, some deserving budget!

From this point I haven't continued the VN, so I'm pretty much blind this time. I'm somehow still pretty skeptical that this will got 24/26 episodes (I hope Rita spoke a truth though lol) since the first episode is pretty fast paced, but we'll see...

Anyway, the ED is OK and OP is excellent. I think it could grow pretty much similar like After Story's OP.
Oct 5, 2013 1:26 PM

Apr 2010
I like to see Kurogaya angry for her friends.
This new season seems better than the first one. Nice to see some new music tracks.
As a VN reader I approve the first episode. 4/5, it could be a great season!
Oct 5, 2013 1:43 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread Cleaned.
Removed all posts that were discussing subs, the chatting, and other spam posts.

Please see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules:
4. Single phrase responses (e.g., "Good episode") do not contribute nor promote discussion and will be removed without notice.
5. Do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch an episode.
6. Refrain from comparing/conversing about whose fansubs to use or watch in the Episode Discussion.

Please also see the Site & Forum Guidelines. The definition of spam is in the second post.

Please only post to discuss this episode, everything else is off-topic and will be removed. If you want to discuss how many episodes this anime will have or to speculate about what will happen later please use a separate thread. If you want to chat, please use your profiles.
Oct 5, 2013 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
Loved it<3. Kurugaya badass kick moment there, was waiting for that one. Those 3 girls always pissed me off in the game and I'm glad she scared them shitless.

Edit: Loved the OP, but damn that ED doesn't fit for Refrain.
TyrelOct 5, 2013 2:07 PM
Oct 5, 2013 2:02 PM

Nov 2010
Lol, thread wipe.

Anyway, some things that I noticed from this episode (or season), could anyone confirm this?

1. Is this the first time they show both the clock AND the time in it? I forgot the first date in LB timeline, although I doubt if they ever shown it in the anime.
2. Is it the first time they use "water drop" effect, infamous in the beginning of the VN? (preview doesn't count)

A bit OOT, not a spoiler :
Oct 5, 2013 2:11 PM

Feb 2013
zeroyuki92 said:
Lol, thread wipe.

Anyway, some things that I noticed from this episode (or season), could anyone confirm this?

1. Is this the first time they show both the clock AND the time in it? I forgot the first date in LB timeline, although I doubt if they ever shown it in the anime.
2. Is it the first time they use "water drop" effect, infamous in the beginning of the VN? (preview doesn't count)

1. they've showed the time before but never the date. They only did that since the date is important during Kurugaya's arc and is essential to the development that occurs.

2. From what I remember, i don't think that they've used the "water drop" effect before, although they should have.
Oct 5, 2013 2:12 PM

Aug 2011
the water drop effect has been used many many times in season 1.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 5, 2013 2:14 PM
Jun 2013
ExakaTeddy said:
zeroyuki92 said:
Lol, thread wipe.

1. they've showed the time before but never the date. They only did that since the date is important during Kurugaya's arc and is essential to the development that occurs.

2. From what I remember, i don't think that they've used the "water drop" effect before, although they should have.

There is actually a "water drop" effect (doesn't that sound like some kind of video game's attack ?) at the beginning of the first episode from season 1. Can't remember another one.
Oct 5, 2013 2:15 PM

Mar 2011
it actually appears at the beginning of episode 1 (first season)
Oct 5, 2013 2:17 PM

Feb 2013
Funya-Usagi said:
the water drop effect has been used many many times in season 1.

Really? I'm sure that I would have remember if they used that, but I'm probably wrong since the "water drop" effect is really important. Clearly, I need to go back and watch the 1st season for the third time.
Oct 5, 2013 2:19 PM
Jun 2013
By the way, the date(13/05) is also shown in that episode. ^^
ze1151154Oct 5, 2013 2:22 PM
Oct 5, 2013 2:21 PM

Nov 2010
Niyari said:
it actually appears at the beginning of episode 1 (first season)

Thanks! Finally I checked the first episode of S1 again and turns out that there's a water drop but with a normal water drop sounds. I think it's the first time they use the same SFX as the VN (which kinda sounds like a booting SFX for a program/OS :D )
Oct 5, 2013 2:36 PM

Dec 2011
In the beginning of episode 25 there is a water drop sound too :o
BunnerzOct 5, 2013 3:14 PM
Oct 5, 2013 3:07 PM

Aug 2012
Wow! nice to see J.C. Staff upped the quality a bit. Nice first episode too.
Oct 5, 2013 3:16 PM

Apr 2012
thankgod jc staff didnt screw up refrain. can't wait for teh romance. kurugaya x riki all the way.
Oct 5, 2013 3:24 PM

Sep 2012
iRadiance said:
thankgod jc staff didnt screw up refrain. can't wait for teh romance. kurugaya x riki all the way.

my nigga
http://i.imgur.com/or1koUn.jpg
Oct 5, 2013 3:35 PM

Nov 2009
koagzero said:
egnaro315 said:
I feel so trolled, THOSE HANDS WEREN"T RIKI AND RINS FROM THE PV

LOL didn't expect it too. Looks like tonnes of the material in the PV was from the very first episode :o
Same goes for many of the other new animes, their PVs used a lot of the scenes from the actual first episode XD
Oct 5, 2013 3:36 PM

Jul 2009
BEST GIRL?!
women can be quite scary
Oct 5, 2013 4:25 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
iRadiance said:

my nigga
http://i.imgur.com/or1koUn.jpg

That was a really good first episode. A bit surprised by the pacing, but I could see why they would do it this way.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 5, 2013 4:35 PM

Sep 2010
Kurugaya scared me and I kinda liked it. :3 Best girl.
Oct 5, 2013 4:39 PM

May 2010
FINALLY got to watch new episode.... And I'm totally blown away.

Seriously. Didn't expect it to be THAT good since the begining. Like, this one episode totally owns already most of the first season's.

Firstly Kurugaya... KURUGAYA! I played the game about two years ago, but anime version of her anger was just splendid, imo even better than the vn's scene.
The rest was just fine as well. Pancake party was short but sweet (good, in the game it only made me hungry), also I didn't expect them to include so many "flashbacks" at once, whoa. Really hoped for some love arc for Yuiko, but I guess that won't happen.

Almost forgot, opening is DAMN GOOD, I should have expected that from something used with "Boys Don't Cry" soundtrack, but in the trailer it didn't have that impact, dunno why (maybe because I hoped that Rita will sing it after all). With the whole animation it's simply wonderful. I'm ashamed a bit, but totally cried during it, like a kid T^T
Ending song on the other hand is some freaking disco though, what the hell O.o It's not bad, but, ughh, kinda didn't meet my expectations, I guess. Will admit though, Kengo in the school uniform - omnomnom <3

I don't rate anime after watching at least half of the series, but this is 10/10 material for now. I keep my fingers crossed for 26 episodes.
Oct 5, 2013 4:46 PM

Oct 2012
still cant believe it, i can watch this awesome part..... i felt the feeling... :")

Oct 5, 2013 4:55 PM

Sep 2012
NeoAnkara said:

I'm sure that when this is over many will marathon this.

Pretty much. It'll be like Shinsekai Yori except with a crappy prequel start, rather than a slow start in general. It'll get attention once it finishes.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaOct 6, 2013 1:40 AM
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

» Is it likely Little Busters Refrain will reach top 5 in MAL? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Oct 3, 2013

308 by polarbeararmy »»
Apr 16, 8:53 AM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.