Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oo, not bad for a start. I find Yukina kinda badass. It had a little fanservice I guess. Dat panties.

Nice weapon though: http://i.imgur.com/KO4gVHv.png
The episode had more humor than I had thought though.

I'm kinda curious about those flashback like scenes though. Hope some more will be revealed soon with our main characters. Anyways, yeah. I also found the final scenes of this episode to be intense along with what's to come next with the PV.
Stark700Oct 4, 2013 7:56 AM
Oct 4, 2013 8:20 AM

Feb 2011
That was a very interesting episode. Been waiting for this until I saw the PV. I have great expectations. Silver Link is a great studio so I'm looking forward to this series.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
LunaOct 6, 2013 2:32 AM
Oct 4, 2013 9:04 AM

Dec 2012
Looks good!

Was pleasantly surprised, I just picked this up thinking it is one of the anime I could drop if it wasn't interesting, but I think I'm definitely going to complete this now.
ClawViperOct 4, 2013 7:12 PM
Oct 4, 2013 10:32 AM
Dec 2012
OK episode. Felt like warming-up. Typical LN-based story & character settings: a caring boy meets a tsundere girl in a fantasy world.
Oct 4, 2013 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
Another anime based on the location of Tachikawa (after Railgun/Index and Gatchaman Crowds) and again we see crime happening there LOL

Yukina pretty cute I must say.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 4, 2013 12:40 PM

Jul 2010
Yukina sure opened up quickly. I like her though because of that.
Oct 4, 2013 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
Warming up episode but overall pretty good!

Elite60 said:
Yukina sure opened up quickly. I like her though because of that.

Totally agree with you there mate.

Stark700 said:
... I'm kinda curious about those flashback like scenes though. ...

Same here, it peaked my curiousity atleast, aswell as asking a couple of questions .. whats going on? why did it hurt when he tries to hard to remember it?

I was almost as clueless as this kid: http://i.imgur.com/cHd8z3j.png

But then there was the mention that Yukina is a friend of a "Nagisa" ... oh the clannad feels are coming back now...
Oct 4, 2013 1:13 PM

Jul 2012
so is everyone on that island like him and her with powers and stuff or just some people I couldn't really tell by the way he said it
Oct 4, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
Surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting much of this but now I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.

Is it just me or does this show remind you of Kaze no Stigma?
nitrohawkOct 4, 2013 1:29 PM
Bring back down votes on reviews
Oct 4, 2013 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty decent action and comedy. Yukino is cute, and Koujo's past looks pretty dark.
Those last couple minutes got me hooked. The opening is awesome, love it.
Oct 4, 2013 1:37 PM
Sep 2011
That was simply painful to watch with its uninspired storytelling, dull visuals and equally dull characters. Where's the thrill, the intensity befitting a series about nocturnal monsters fighting to the death (and no the super-emo flashback sequence doesn't count) ?

Please come back Oonuma Shin to your resident place at Silver Link, while you do have your share of flaws, at least the shows under your direction had some fancy visual tricks to spice things up.
Oct 4, 2013 1:38 PM

Aug 2010
Top5 of the season for me.

Really loved it.

The setting is pretty nice.

The mysteries of the past are intriguing.

The 2 MCs are both likable. Yukina is kawaii <3 And Kujou seems to be BA when it comes down to it. Can't wait to see him in action with those red eyes.

Lol at how he drinks his nose bleed to quill his urge XD

Loved the ED(OP?). Both Audio and visually...seems that there will be a lot of awesome characters to come ^^
Barion-ZaraOct 4, 2013 1:44 PM
Oct 4, 2013 1:44 PM

Oct 2010
My most anticipated anime this season, and it got off to a good start. I'm glad Yukina isn't a typical tsundere and opened up. The 2 protagonists seem like a good duo.
Oct 4, 2013 1:47 PM

Aug 2010
therandomestguy said:
so is everyone on that island like him and her with powers and stuff or just some people I couldn't really tell by the way he said it

From what I understood...that doesn't seem to be the case.

While it seems that demons and people with powers are common on this island and a normal case. From what he said (he used to live on the island before he turned to a vampire) I guess we can deduce that there are some normal people there too.

Well it does seem like his friends in the cafe had powers. I wonder if they know he's the 4th progenitor though?
Oct 4, 2013 1:50 PM

Dec 2012
Yukina reminds me of Shana, and the island reminds me of Blood Lad where everyone is a demon.. This will be good, looking forward.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 4, 2013 1:57 PM
Mar 2013
This was awesome, can't wait to see how this will pan out. Is it going to be amazing and get a 8-10 or will it be decent and get a 6-7.
Oct 4, 2013 1:57 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good! I don't know about you guys, but it has a feel like To aru majutsu no index. Anyways, I'm interested to find out about Akatsuki's past and the previous Fourth Progeniator. By the way, what is that <-- (progeniator)?
Oct 4, 2013 2:06 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
nitrohawk said:
Surprisingly good. I wasn't expecting much of this but now I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.

Same here, I was put off by the ecchi tag, but it seems like there's really not much of it at all (yet?) and also Yoshino Hiroyuki being in charge of series composition. But the first episode was really interesting, I liked the bgm, the action, the humor, and those flashbacks are so mysterious. I also like the character designs a lot. Yukina is probably my favorite female mc of the season so far.
Oct 4, 2013 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
The story seems interesting enough. The art style and character design kind of reminds me of Denpa Teki. I probably will continue with this.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 4, 2013 2:35 PM

Jul 2013
I really enjoyed this first episode.
Also, feels like Index with it's setting (Note that I'm relatively new to anime) plus Hidan no Aria wich the MC unleash his power(?) when sexually aroused.

Looking forward to more.
Oct 4, 2013 2:58 PM

Sep 2013
I loved it. Worth the wait! Love the 2 main characters and I am so glad that she is not a typical tsundere. Animation, voice acting, character designs were top notch! I shall watch this till the end. _/\_
Oct 4, 2013 3:02 PM

Aug 2011
Looks like its gonna be really good. Looking forward to this one.
Oct 4, 2013 3:03 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty good start so far, the MC's played off really well, with their personalities are likable. The animation, character designs and story were also promising especially the ending scene of Akatsuki's past.

Well can't wait for next week's episode.

Oct 4, 2013 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good I suppose.
Animation wasn't amazing or anything, neither were the character designs.
Oct 4, 2013 3:27 PM

Feb 2012
Lol the Lion King organization.

Nice beginning, I already like the MC dude, some chars from the ending looked pretty bad ass, we'll see how this rolls in the upcoming weeks.
Oct 4, 2013 3:35 PM

May 2011
An okay start I guess. The main characters don't seem bad so far, I'm interested in what kind of powers Akatsuki has.
Oct 4, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2012
Well, always glad to see more vampire shows. I hope it won't disappoint. So far it looks interesting.

Oct 4, 2013 3:53 PM

Mar 2010
Just the kind of anime I wanted to see, good start, nice fanservice, can't wait for the next ep.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 4, 2013 3:58 PM

Feb 2010
Well there was a lot of clichéd vocabulary thrown around, but overall this was a decent first episode. If the ecchi stays at the current level I'm probably gonna enjoy this.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 4, 2013 4:01 PM

Aug 2012
phantom19 said:
The story seems interesting enough. The art style and character design kind of reminds me of Denpa Teki. I probably will continue with this.
Was thinking the same thing. Same voice actor for MC's too. I was waiting for the Juuzawa Juu tongue click.
Oct 4, 2013 4:19 PM

Dec 2010
Fuck this episode was awesome! Above my expectations!
Oct 4, 2013 4:41 PM

May 2012
Interesting concept and not bad for the 1st episode.. Nice accent and voice also for the main character guy (reminds me of Arata in Chihayafuru).. but I hope this will not turn into a harem...
Oct 4, 2013 5:13 PM
Jul 2012
I wasn't expecting this to be so good. Great first episode, and the ED too. Definitely going to keep up with this.
Oct 4, 2013 5:21 PM

Jan 2011
wasn't half bad don't mind the MCs so far,story seems cool

hopefully this doesn't turn into an harem or a *monster of the week* and we should be good.

ED was sweet too.
Oct 4, 2013 5:34 PM

Oct 2012
Not bad. I knew what to expect as I've read a bit of the manga, but it was still quite enjoyable. The animation was alright and the OP was pretty good.

Also, apparently this is going to be a 2-cour anime? Well, that would certainly be interesting if it was.
Oct 4, 2013 5:34 PM
Aug 2012
Drawing and animation is definitely well above average. Hopefully it can maintain its faced paced action sequences. I'm surprised I never heard of Silver Link before.
Story seems okay. Kinda found the underwear humor weak. Though we finally get a reasonable excuse for the nosebleed effect.
Definitely investing myself into the anime now.
KVVOct 4, 2013 5:50 PM
Oct 4, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2009
This was as generic as expected. Average in every aspect, not bothering with this one.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 4, 2013 5:49 PM

May 2013
First episode was awesome, Yukina is really badass + fanservice definitely gonna be following this series!
Oct 4, 2013 5:56 PM
Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
This was as generic as expected. Average in every aspect, not bothering with this one.

I liked that the main female character actually has a great deal of power, not only did she know who he was, but she certainly suggested that she was more than capable of killing a progenitor which is why she did not have an issue opening up to him; I am hoping that this show will rise above generic and actually have a strong male-female team.

A couple of fanshots, not quite as blatant as Yuushibu so not as annoying. Looks like we are in store for some vampire erotica between the two. Can see a couple of ways that will go, hope it turns out creative. Let's see what 2 has in store.
Oct 4, 2013 6:27 PM

May 2011
This is why i have to read the plot synopsis, so know what to expect from the premise. Overall, a very meh start, not expecting anything great; i see myself dropping within a couple episodes if i see i am unable to finish episode 2/3.
Oct 4, 2013 6:46 PM

May 2008
It seems the whole "special" island/place idea is becoming more common?

I want to know what the main male character had asked of the fourth progenitor which led to him becoming the new one to fulfill her request, and why she wanted to no longer be the fourth progenitor.
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Oct 4, 2013 7:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
The typical fantasy series of the season. A keeper for sure. I just enjoy these series when it's done well.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 4, 2013 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
Can't wait for the moment he will first bite the girl! :)

OP is so so.
Oct 4, 2013 7:43 PM

Jun 2012
I honestly don't know what to think of the pilot, because at times I thought it was boring at others sweet and then on the fight scene pretty hyped up. I liked it though, probably one of my favorite pilot episodes for this season.
Kurini said:
Can't wait for the moment he will first bite the girl! :)

I dunno if that's an actual spoiler, but D:
Oct 4, 2013 7:44 PM

Jul 2013
This was a good first episode, I'm starting to like Yukina for not being so pissed off about Koujo seeing her panties, those two look like they will make a great team. But I'm curious as to why he starts shaking when he has those memories, and his desire for blood when he gets turned on.
Oct 4, 2013 7:55 PM
Oct 2012
45Ravager said:
This was a good first episode, I'm starting to like Yukina for not being so pissed off about Koujo seeing her panties, those two look like they will make a great team. But I'm curious as to why he starts shaking when he has those memories, and his desire for blood when he gets turned on.

Well, in Vampire lore, the vampire who converts a human into a vampire has control of that vampire and that vampire's vampires. I am guessing this what a "progenitor" is. My guess is that when he feels desire he wants to dominate the person as a vampire lord would. His shaking is probably tied to the wish the vampire (the previous Progenitor) granted him, but this knowledge was so traumatic that when he tries to remember he has an anxiety attack.

Yukina is the key to this series (imo). If she remains a strong agent, then this show will be good, but if she is only the "damsel" to the MC, I see this show becoming all too common.
Oct 4, 2013 7:57 PM

Nov 2010
This is good so far. I'm interested in the main character and the girl. Hopefully it won't go down the mostly comedy and then action at the end route, the people in the preview makes me think it will have more action. I wonder what the MC's power is.

I do have to say those familiars look pretty cool, especially their faces.
Oct 4, 2013 8:02 PM

Sep 2011
It was a ok 1st episode, generic but fun i like yukina already xD(dat pantsu). I hope this anime gets better it got potential to be greatness.
Oct 4, 2013 8:03 PM

Feb 2012
How to not nail character designs and as far as I can tell it's gonna be rushed quite a bit. It's still gonna be entertaining though.
Oct 4, 2013 8:13 PM

Feb 2013
Mhmm, i quite enjoyed the first episode. Although confusing at times, the mild humour really made up for it :) will definitely continue watching this and see how things go from there; and I really like the main characters so far!! She's so cute :3
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.