Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2013 4:10 PM

Aug 2010
I am pretty sure this is the case but the characters are college freshmen right? In the US law school is usually only for graduate students, my school doesn't have a prelaw course that undergraduates can declare for.

Kaga is cute I am not sure how anyone can feel sorry for Mitsuo in his current situation. She has a strong personality too, reminds me of Taiga from Toradora quite a bit in that regard.

Actually not sure why this series doesn't seem even more hyped as I'm pretty sure Toradora was well recieved and with the combination of the same studio and author from Toradora, there's no reason this show can't be just as good.
Oct 4, 2013 5:09 PM

Jul 2011
FINALLY! I waited for so long...Great start, I am already loving it!

Someone else would like to join the Latin Music club?
Oct 4, 2013 5:23 PM

May 2008
Now THIS is what you call a great start to what's going to be a good anime.

Finally something that's a breath if fresh air with a nostalgic feeling to it. It reminds me of those older animes that would have came out early-mid 2000s.

I'm very happy with this.

Oct 4, 2013 5:36 PM

Jun 2013
late at the first day heh! bitch slap by flowers lol the glee club? wtf?! what a cliffhanger!
Oct 4, 2013 6:15 PM

Mar 2013
Anime in College instead of highschool...now that's rare!!
Nice start....really curious about that flashback at the end...
Oct 4, 2013 6:52 PM

Jul 2010
I must admit it felt NTR at first, just by reading the plot, but the OP denied this fact I guess. Anyway, good one. I kinda liked the soundtrack. Good premise for a soft romance.
Also, 24 episodes, this will be a long ride.

The cliffhanger in the end, was a flashback or what?
Oct 4, 2013 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
A nice refreshing change of settings for rom-coms.

I wonder if Koko is gonna be annoying.I hope she's not.
Oct 4, 2013 7:08 PM

May 2011
Off all the first impressions left by shows today, this one had the best one. Looking forward to future developments.
Oct 4, 2013 7:35 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmmm first episode was pretty great: ) JC Staff is terriffic with RomCom's :)
Oct 4, 2013 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
Couldn't wait much longer and so I decided to read the manga and LN. If they're going to do a faithful adaptation of it, this is going to be so awesome :D
xcheeOct 4, 2013 11:07 PM
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 4, 2013 10:33 PM

Jun 2013
Loved this first episode, that part in the classroom made me laugh quite a bit.

Now to wait for the next episode. D;
Oct 4, 2013 11:32 PM
Oct 2010
itsTriz said:
Anime in College instead of highschool...now that's rare!!
Nice start....really curious about that flashback at the end...

Other than the attire, it still felt like they were in HS imo. I hope they change that.
Oct 4, 2013 11:43 PM

Sep 2008
College setting is a big plus for me. I don't believe I've seen any other college anime (although I'm sure they are around).

Anyways, I feel like it had a pretty good start! Now I'm just hoping this doesn't just end up as a typical harem, although Banri's monologue on love is a bad sign. Also, I like the Kouko x Mitsuo pairing. I wouldn't mind if those two stay together!

Since this is by the creator of Toradora, I have high hopes for this series.
Oct 5, 2013 1:15 AM

Feb 2008
Very nice first episode. I'm expecting great things from this, especially considering who the director is.
Oct 5, 2013 2:24 AM

Feb 2012
and now we can get an idea of what Loli's will be like when they grow up xD

I really liked this show, pretty much the first romance heavy anime I've actually really enjoyed
Oct 5, 2013 2:39 AM

Nov 2009
Mitsuo imitating Kouko was funny. Seems interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2013 3:34 AM

Jan 2008
Well, not too bad for a first episode, I guess. Linda looks pretty interesting and I kind of like Koko.
And college-setting? Awesome! Haven't seen something like that in anime.

So I will stick around!
Oct 5, 2013 3:48 AM

Jan 2012
Did anyone else feel that in the CR version the voices were really low volume compared to the background music and SFX? This is the first time I've ever experienced this but it really does sound out of proportion to me.
Oct 5, 2013 4:19 AM
Sep 2013
I really liked it. Hopefully the comedy stays consistent and doesn't get stale over time. This seems like it would be better as a 12 episode series. But hey, it might actually get better.
Oct 5, 2013 4:25 AM

May 2012
02:07 hashire〜

03:21 i'm sure the girl'd pop out of nowhere soon

08:18 i think i'm in love

10:30 the angel's right behind you

7/10 for this ep. The colorings were kind abad.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 5, 2013 4:39 AM

Jan 2010
I just watch half way of first ep, anndddd...I already HATE that girl! Might be not my taste! Urghhhh..annoying! Consider on-hold-to-drop.

Oct 5, 2013 4:49 AM

Jan 2013
I have never read the manga but I think I already really enjoy this anime. I'm half expecting it to be the happier, goofier version of Honey and Clover (one of my all time favorites). I just get a feel good vibe from this anime and I'll definitely continue on with it.
Oct 5, 2013 6:50 AM

Jul 2012
Well, I fell in love with this anime with only the first episode, that is some powerful sorcery!!!

AMAZING EPISODE!!!
Oct 5, 2013 7:02 AM

Jun 2013
You know, this is actually one of those awesome times where finally Horie Yui gets to play the deuteragonist and main love interest for our absolutely special Tada Banri.

And Kaga Kouko is a perfect fit for her kind of character. Eccentric, carefree, super beautiful, and assertive. Eugh, to drool for, for a primary love interest that seems nearly perfect.

It just sucks that Yanassan's kinda an asshole that really doesn't know how to handle the situation with her. Honestly.

Last thoughts are that its been a while since JC Staff have picked up another 2-cour romcom (that actually feels as if there's a focus on romance and drama), and they've started off pretty well. I really like the soundtrack, OP, ED, and animation so far, and with this kind of direction could very well be a 9 or 10 in my books. And if its 2-cour, we're possibly getting an adaptation of the first four light novels?

To add, I just wish that one of the fansub groups like UTW, FFF, or Vivid picked this up because I seriously love this show. Don't really mind or care if its late but I love having the karaoke subbed and better TL's with sign typesetting and things like that. But school's important, so I hope it works out for them.

Kanpai for the tea ceremony club! *cough cough* And now what flashback will happen to Tada Banri?
Oct 5, 2013 7:45 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Not mindblowing but it's refreshing to have a romcom that's not set in high school or junior high. Koko is one pushy lady and I can totally see why Yana would be sick and tired of her.

Tada already has a little harem lined up? I hope it doesn't turn into that kind of show.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 5, 2013 8:35 AM

Jun 2013
LOL i liked the first episode and really looking forward till 24th episode of this series ^^
Oct 5, 2013 9:05 AM

Feb 2012
Wow great start to the series. I wasn't expecting too much from this, but I thought the first episode was really enjoyable. Looking forward to next week. Best part of the episode Linda <3
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 5, 2013 9:21 AM

Feb 2010
Ricetaffy said:
You know, this is actually one of those awesome times where finally Horie Yui gets to play the deuteragonist and main love interest for our absolutely special Tada Banri.

And Kaga Kouko is a perfect fit for her kind of character. Eccentric, carefree, super beautiful, and assertive. Eugh, to drool for, for a primary love interest that seems nearly perfect.

It just sucks that Yanassan's kinda an asshole that really doesn't know how to handle the situation with her. Honestly.

Okay, he's the crazy one, and not her...?
More rights for stalkers!

But seriously, Yana is just a pitiful victim here from what we know so far.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 5, 2013 11:59 AM

Feb 2012
Great first ep. Kept my interest the entire way through.

Oh, and Koko is beautiful. I wouldn't mind a chick like her stalking me ;D. The other chicks were cute too.

I look forward to future eps!
Oct 5, 2013 1:35 PM
Feb 2013
Well, well,well, this is quite a unique rom-com genre, reminds me of "Legally Blond."
Oct 5, 2013 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
Did not think Koko would be that crazy. Thought she would be tsundere if anything with that light brown/red hair.
I don't see myself rooting for anyone longterm yet. Chinami and Koko are a little too eccentric for me, and Linda's too ordinary.

But I expect this will turn into a melodrama shitfest at some point like romcoms these days tend to do, so there's that to look forward to.
Oct 5, 2013 2:38 PM

Mar 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Okay, he's the crazy one, and not her...?
More rights for stalkers!

But seriously, Yana is just a pitiful victim here from what we know so far.

With how long this has been going on I'm not sure how to look at both parties. There could have easily been a time when Yana and Koko actually got along alright. Maybe they were fine childhood friends until she got heavily emotionally invested and started to seek more from Yana than he felt for her and was comfortable with. Time passes and now we have an extreme situation here. He can't see anything positive in her and really everything is tainted. While she does go to stalker extremes of following him everywhere and treats his rejections as being tsundere.

This is a situation that really needs outside interruption. Clearly their parents don't care to get involved. While I think somewhere in her heart Koko does get the situation she's so invested that she can't face the reality. Someone like Banri needs to pull her away. She needs someone that can accept her and respond to those feelings, not someone that clearly isn't interested.

I can't blame Yana in the present since he can't be much more clear than he is. As to how things to to this point who knows if he played much of a part in things spiraling out of control.
Oct 5, 2013 2:51 PM
Oct 2010
Tanabersson: So, we're here to talk about your new novel, Takemiya.

Takemiya: Yes, Mr Tanabersson. Well, it's going to be a college romance-

Tanabersson: Hold, hold. First, the gimmick.

Takemiya: The gimmick?

Tanabersson: Yes, the gimmick that will substitute for an unforced, naturally progressing romance work that does not rely on stupid crutches to move the story along; we are aiming for an anime adaptation, you know. Tsundere?

Takemiya: No, sir, I thought to myself 'tsundere is so early ohs'. So I took the liberty of drafting a different archetype and this time it will indubitably strip the work of any credibility, realism or relatability!

Tanabersson: Tell me more.

Takemiya: So, this girl is a criminally dangerous control freak with the monetary power to enforce her sick delusions on the world, specifically targeting her hapless childhood friend. Naturally, we will be treating her conduct as a rather cute if troublesome character trait rather than the product of serious mental illness that it is, ensuring maximal frustration.

Tanabersson: Hmm, seems obnoxious enough, but surely this is not all.

Takemiya: Perish the thought! Needless to say, the childhood friend is going to be completely miserable and unable to break her out of her delusions.

Tanabersson: And that childhood friend is the MC? Seems pathetic enough.

Takemiya: No, no, it's even better. The childhood friend is a friend of the MC, who meets the girl through him. I decided not to make the MC the loser target this tim-

Tanabersson: WHAT?! Takemiya, are you out of your frigging mind?! Next you'll tell me you'll give the MC a personality!

Takemiya: No, hold on, now it's going to get good. Picture this scene: so the MC and the childhood friend are walking down the road when a fancy car suddenly stops nearby. The girl walks out of the car with a bouquet of roses in her hand, stops in front of the childhood friend and starts slapping him with the bouquet while boasting in front of the mc her power to stalk, harass and generally control his life.

Tanabersson: Oh ho ho funny stuff. But what does the MC do?

Takemiya: Ah, here is the big clincher. Now, a normal person would say something to the effect of “I don't know how you got that massive, swollen head of yours inside your ass, miss, but you should pull it out and look at the world around you, you insufferable bitch.” On the other hand, a person who is merely pathetic would just sit around helplessly as his miserable friend is pelted with roses.

Tanabersson: Yes, I see that this doesn't pack the fresh, invigorating punch to the stomach we're looking for.

Takemiya: Indeed not. So instead, here's what happens: as the MC watches the girl admitting to charges of stalking, harassment, and being a U.S.P.O. certified five inch asshole, he suddenly feels a storm inside his heart and starts blushing.

Tanabersson: He does what now.

Takemiya: He. Starts. Blushing.

Tanabersson: * silence *

Takemiya: And not just once. Later, when he is alone with her and she's spewing a delirious harangue about the circumstances of the pixies in her magical la la land and how she projects them onto the real people around her, he blushes again and his heart begins to throb. And this, my dear editor, should give you an idea about the focal point of my new mature (lol), college romance novel.

Tanabersson: * turns to assistant * You see, Jimtaro, this is why he is a famous LN author and we are just editors who help him along. Let's go, we have a lot of work to do. What you are witnessing at this moment is literary history in the making.
hentai_proxyOct 5, 2013 3:50 PM
Oct 5, 2013 3:08 PM
Oct 2010
Oct 5, 2013 4:09 PM

Mar 2011
I generally like Romantic Comedy likes these, so I find this a great watch! Especially love triangles according to the OP song. Will be looking forward every week for this release
Oct 5, 2013 4:14 PM

Jun 2011
This looks like a fun show!

I really enjoyed the first episode ^^ Looking forward to next week!
Oct 5, 2013 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
I really like those love-hate relationships in anime especially how it was pulled off in this anime, can't wait for next episode.
Oct 5, 2013 6:10 PM

Dec 2012
Loved the episode & cannot wait for the next one!
Oct 5, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2012
awesome yes yes yes! XD I love it (9.5/10) it is gonna be a masterpiece just like a toradora maybe..
oh maybe I should say.. it is like a toradora but a bit older.. :3 they are college! XD
kaga is really energic girl! XD
mitsuo is really funny sriously..! XD I love the scene "blah blah blah" XD totally funny :3
and banri :3 yes he is our new protagonist..
Oct 5, 2013 9:11 PM

May 2011
not bad at all, i really want to see the development, i was laughing all the time, good start for the first episode.. hmm i didn't read the manga and i can't expect what is gonna happen and that what i'm searching for
Oct 5, 2013 11:02 PM

Jun 2008
The start seemed very promising~! It's been a while since i saw a love story like this now~ :X
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2013 3:12 AM

Aug 2012
Is that Miss Monochrome in minute 6:16? :D

lovely episode

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Oct 6, 2013 3:56 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Seems like a decent rom-com so far; the cast looks interesting to say the least. I'm not sure if any other characters are going to come in but Kouko didn't come off annoying (as I might have dreaded) for me and I thought that this was a funny and promising set up.

24 episodes is gonna be a long time, I'm certainly wondering where the story will go.
Oct 6, 2013 5:45 AM
Feb 2013
I had the same reaction but not for the same reason. She's GORGEOUS

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/168708Capturedcran20131006144333.png
xikarraOct 6, 2013 5:55 AM
Oct 6, 2013 6:34 AM

Sep 2012
I didn't like this 1st episode very much, it wasn't interesting at all to be honest. It's a shame, I had greater expectations...
"Ouvis? Falai vós cortês! Vós, fidalgo, cuidareis que estais na vossa pousada? Dar-vos-ei tanta pancada com um remo que renegueis!" Auto da Barca do Inferno, Gil Vicente

Ignorância gera violência, nela nunca procurei abrigo
Cultivo a paz pela subsistência da existência deste universo onde resido.
Se estás a um passo do abismo pensa bem,
Não queiras para os outros o que não queres para ti também.
Sala 101 - Dealema
Oct 6, 2013 6:45 AM

Jun 2011
Gonna see how this series turns out as im not a big fan of those NTR series. I know this show isnt NTR but it has the same feel to me cause Kouko and the other guy are pretty much a couple in my eyes and im pretty sure Kouko is gonna fall in love with Banri soon.
Oct 6, 2013 7:05 AM

Sep 2012
Not that many anime are based on characters in college, so it is good that after Genshiken Nidaime we have this anime. Hopefully it will not get as melodramatically emotional as Sakurasou....
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 6, 2013 7:15 AM

Dec 2012
First episode was pretty good, i enjoy it alot.
symbv said:
Hopefully it will not get as melodramatically emotional as Sakurasou....

I hope that as well.

Oct 6, 2013 7:16 AM

Jul 2011
Tha_Na said:
symbv said:
Hopefully it will not get as melodramatically emotional as Sakurasou....

I hope that as well.

+1
Oct 6, 2013 9:22 AM

Sep 2007
This looks like my kind of anime ...

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.