Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jan 1, 2016 5:05 AM

Jun 2009
This seems pretty good so far. Will Tada Banri fall in love with every girl he meets? Time will tell.
Jun 2, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2008
I saw the visuals for this, very bright vibrant, and Koko's amazing fashion sense and said okay I'll try this one. I don't typically go for the romcom's but everyone needs a change of pace.
Dec 15, 2016 3:00 AM

Mar 2013
"MITSUO, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH!" lmao

Well, it's my 2nd time watching this.
OP/ED still look lovely.
Nov 23, 2017 12:42 PM

Jul 2009
I was pleasantly surprised by this. University as opposed to a high school setting should allow for some more maturity in the series, and all the characters are reasonably likeable at this point, even though yes, Kouko is a bit of a stalker :P Both the OP and ED visuals were gorgeous, but the songs themselves were fairly mediocre to me. Either way seems like Banri/Kouko is going to be endgame, so it'll be interesting to see how her affections change from Mitsuo to him. Plus Linda and Chinami are interesting as well, though I like the former more than the latter. I really like Kouko's style and outfits though, fashion would be a great fit for her, and the animation was pretty on point as well. Hoping this will be a good series! :D
Feb 22, 2018 8:59 PM

Sep 2017
Amazing episode. I loved the animation and how they portrayed the college life. Also, the showcasing of clubs was sweet.

Mitsuo was interesting. Kaga Kouko was hot in her first appearance and was sweet.(She removed the thorns, so I like her already. May be my next waifu! ).Also, I was able to see that she was behind them in the college classroom. Well done anime. Well done. They purposefully made those long shots with students covering them so that we won't get a hint that Kaga was behind them.

Also, seems like Banri is on his way to making his own harem. Cool.

I ship Banri x Mitsuo BTW. I don't think they met by coincidence. They were fated.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Apr 6, 2018 11:14 AM

Apr 2013
So the first episode wasn't oustanding, but also not bad. Kouko seem to be a huge stalker, almost diving into yandere territory. That second girl was a bit creepy already calling him a friend after talking two words with him. Last girl seemed a bit like a tease, but a nice one.
Nov 3, 2018 5:15 PM

May 2013
After finishing Anohana, I wanted to watch a lighthearted rom com and so far, this seems right up my alley :D

Mitsuo is handsome and his blahblahblah mock on Koko was so funny LOL

Linda was stunning <3
Kokoro_KotashimaNov 3, 2018 5:19 PM
Mar 7, 2019 3:03 AM

Feb 2018
Nice couple xD.So funny
May 27, 2019 5:27 PM
May 2019
It was grate I loved it
Jun 29, 2019 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
Brilliant way to end the episode.
Jul 15, 2019 7:05 AM

Jan 2018
I just started watching this but it was recommended to me years ago lmao
Apr 15, 2020 10:23 AM

May 2017
Rewatching cause koko is cute and got nice legs XD

Sometimes When you love a tsundere guy , you have to slap him with flowers !
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Sep 30, 2020 4:32 AM

Jan 2020
A typical but pretty entertaining start.

I'm questioning why Mitsuo is so dissatisfied with Kouko. Yes, she's clingy and possessive, but she's so beautiful and adorable! How can you think she's annoying?

The last part of the episode was quite interesting. I'm keen in learning Banri's backstory now.

I really like the ending song by the way. It's pretty catchy.
IrrelevantGuySep 30, 2020 4:40 AM
Oct 1, 2020 6:13 PM

Jun 2020
Loved how the episode started, I am definitely interested in the way this series progresses for sure after this episode.
Have a great day!

Mar 2, 2021 10:24 PM
Oct 2019
light and kind of fun

kind of felt like a harem, except, instead of a bunch of girls wanting him, there are multiple girls he starts to like. that's not a reverse harem. would it be an inverse harem? haha idk. i could be wrong, too, but those are the vibes the first episode gave me

should be interesting to see how all these new acquaintances and friendships play out

i totally forgot the description mentioned he had amnesia, so when that scene at the end happened i was all like "oh shit". it would be hilarious if he completely forgot everyone he just met hahaha

7/10 first episode. nothing overly special but it was nice and entertaining. i feel like there's a lot to work with
May 31, 2021 5:49 AM
May 2020
borderline yandere. gonna love dis styll
Sep 15, 2021 7:07 PM

Dec 2013
I can understand why Mitsuo would run away. Koko really is crazy.

RIP Banri at the end?
Mar 6, 2022 1:22 AM
Mar 2022
i cant see this epesode
Aug 31, 2022 5:19 PM
Mar 2021
shit was coo and shit ig
Feb 7, 2023 2:10 PM
Jul 2022
assssssssssssss dog shit
Jul 11, 2023 1:13 PM
Jul 2023
this was amazing first ep
Jul 19, 2023 3:00 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Watched a few episodes of this, years ago close to when I first started really getting into anime. Pretty much I had so many anime that I wanted to watch, and dropped the ones I started which I didn't have that strong of an interest in. This was one of them; not bad, but definitely didn't seem as appealing as everything else that I had my eyes on at that time.

Fast forward to now, when I have pretty much cleared out my PTW list (only things there are future titles), and looking for something to watch that isn't one of those airing this season. And I've decided to pick up Golden Time again, mainly because of a trash taste highlight I watched a while back where they are discussing this and Toradora for a bit, and stating that they were written by the same guy. That piqued my interest, as well as Conner saying that he actually preferred this over Toradora, which I myself enjoyed quite a bit. Probably would enjoy it a bit less on a re-watch now, but I'd still like it almost as much nonetheless. Maybe it's because Toradora was your typical high school setting, with characters acting slightly more childish and annoying, and Golden Time offers the small improvement (hard to tell teens and adults apart in anime after all) of having a college setting, MAYBE with characters that act a bit more grown up. For me, yeah I'll take anything I can get.

Looking forward to properly experiencing this anime which I've dropped so long ago. Heck I don't know if I even made it past the 2nd episode. Anyway, hope this is as good as I'm expecting it to be, and so far from first episode impressions it looks promising. Definitely enjoyed this more now than I did back then. And yeah this is literally the 2nd last anime on my ptw list that is available to watch, other than the Garden of Sinners movies. After that, unless other titles catch my eye, I'll have finally completed my ptw and will simply be watching seasonals.

Enough from me, if you're watching this too, for the first time, I hope it does indeed give you a good time.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Aug 12, 2023 1:32 PM
Jul 2023
I thought it was pretty okay. I liked the cliffhanger at the end of the episode, which definitely makes me wanna watch the next episode. I also didn't like some parts but overall a good episode
Oct 20, 2023 4:01 AM
Mar 2013
So far I like pink hair girl more than the main girl. I hope that she gets good scenes. I wonder it they'll introduce a friendly rival character like Ami. I hope this show is just as good as Toradora! :D
Dec 26, 2023 10:49 AM

Dec 2018
The OP song is kinda a spoiler isn't? Pretty sure Banri will in relationship with Koko in the future... Koko is so clingy.... She thinks the guy is a tsundere.... Obviously he is not...
Not a good first episode for me... The ED song is not bad.

Mar 19, 2:32 PM

Feb 2022
First of all I love how relatable the main character is, he is the most basic type of guy, while also being decent in terms of social skills and mentality, utter perfection. I just think he blushed at too many things.

The other guy is also very chill and cool. Three girls were introduced straight away, which means there will be some serious love polygons going on, but I'm all for it. Honestly on first impression Kaga doesn't seem so impressive, from a personality perspective, Nana made me a lot more interested in how a love story goes with her, I just hope she doesn't end up heartbroken by the end.

It seems like it will be a super cool slice of life, down to earth, funny, interesting and enticing nonetheless, from the glimpse of the backstory of Bani we cheekily got at the end.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.