Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 3, 2013 6:16 PM

Sep 2012
Vladz0r said:

If you look for Little Busters merchandise, you won't find anything with Riki. The entire story is about everyone else and their relation to Riki, and while it's not necessarily a bad thing, it transitions differently to anime.

And thats why I thought that Little Busters was different from Air, Kanon and Clannad. While the previous three had well defined main characters, and we can easily feel their emotions and pain, Riki isn´t like that at all. He´s the most "different" Key main character, hence why I feel that, for one to really feel Refrain, he/she needs to play the Visual Novel. I dont think any LB anime adaptation can convey the feels from the VN. It just wasnt made to be that way. And thats not a bad thing at all, I enjoyed the VN alot, Im just saying that expecting an "Anime > VN" is pretty much impossible at this point.

This said, we can still have a great anime, there are alot of VN adaptations that are inferior to their counterparts and are still able to be enjoyed, and some of them are actually pretty good. I can start by saying that I have no confidence in JC Staff, because its a studio with pretty much zero experience with VN adaptations, and they are used to make romcoms and other non-serious shows. Can we really expect them to make a godly adaptation? Maybe, but the odds are against it as far as I see it, and with the possibility of it being 1-cour, its even worse.

Adapting a VN like LB into a good anime wouldn´t be easy for any studio, but I really feel like they made a poor choice. Then again, I dont know the reasons why they chose JC Staff instead of, lets say, KyoAni, who had previously adapted three Key VNs, and they were all good adaptations as far as Im concerned.

I also thought it took them alot of time to do it, Clannad´s VN came out in 2004 and the anime was first aired in 2007, while it took 5 years for us to see a LB anime, so maybe there were some problems going on, I don´t know.

All we can do now is have hope, what I don´t like is that JC Staff is, once again, making more than one anime for this season. Hopefully that wont lower the budget, nor the quality of the anime.
Oct 3, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2012
There are some posts in the past about "Where's the Little Busters' anime" including interviews with Vava (Key's founder).
http://visualnovelaer.fuwanovel.org/2011/11/vava-answers-why-was-little-busters-never-made-into-an-anime/

It basically seems like the Little Busters potential anime was too short and became the Angel Beats anime instead.
Also, when Key asked KyoAni to do it in 2012, they said they were too busy with Hyouka and Chuunibyou coming up and only do 1 project at a time, so Warner Bros. and JC Staff gave them an offer.

The thing is that... Vava has always seemed aware at the potential backlash from Key, and in a poor adaptation resulting in an inferior product, he cited Kanon 2002, etc.
I just want to see how the pre-air looks tomorrow morning, because Little Busters season 1 may have just been rushed and poorly timed with how quickly Key wanted it to be produced.

It seems like Pony Canyon (and Kadokawa) have some kind of partnership with KyoAni that they've had for a long while now, where KyoAni would basically agree to produce adaptations of stuff that Pony Canyon would fund. I think it's part of the reason why Little Busters wasn't produced by KyoAni... say between 2009-2011. It wasn't done in 2012 because of Hyouka and Chuunibyou, and that's when JC/Warner put up the offer for it. Also, Pony Canyon and Kadokawa may have been busy with other works during 2009-2011 with other studios, and basically, Little Busters would only go well with KyoAni if it could get the same 4 cour treatment, with assistance from Pony Canyon.

So tldr;
Timing, producers, etc. weren't well timed with Key to produce another Clannad-level adaptation under KyoAni, and Key finally took an offer from JC Staff and Warner Bros that they felt was enthusiastic.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the pre-air and then actual episode 1 to see what we get. I'd like to think that Vava knows what he's talking about, and won't make us not regret Little Busters being done by JC Staff in the end.
Oct 3, 2013 6:46 PM

Aug 2008

Only 2 out of 3 of them are in the top 5 TV series. What?

My bad I was thinking old school MAL.

Anyway it's not a big deal what MAL thinks right? I mean even if it's a perfect adaption I doubt it'll get in the top 5. And that's not a big deal really (I find it shocking that Steins Gate is up there, and I love it with a passion).
Oct 3, 2013 6:48 PM
Mar 2011
HaXXspetten said:
DateYutaka said:
SaberKino said:
DateYutaka said:
its a late night anime what you think its going be popluar on mal
Irrelevant

no its not its a trened you see any one can see

Late night for whom? The Earth is round you know

late night anime anime brodcast after 10;01 pm [ most even later] Japan
and i see that trend and since this this like that sort of anime it wil no hgh
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Oct 3, 2013 6:51 PM
Jul 2012
uh no
Oct 3, 2013 10:19 PM

Sep 2011
Uhmm.. No. The reason for this is because of J.C Staff tbh and some other reasons.

I'd be surprise if it even reached Top 50. Refrain is great and all (Obviously VN player here) but after first reasons adaption, I'd have to say no. If it's a 1-cour season, it's an obvious no; If it's a 2-cour season it can maybe get top 60
Oct 3, 2013 10:48 PM

Sep 2009
God, I hope not.

Maria_Sama said:
I doubt it, the Top 5 never changes.

You can't have been here for that long.
Oct 4, 2013 12:55 AM

Jan 2013
If they adapt it faithly to the VN, yes. It will be, even it could be in the top 3.

At least for me, and I think that for a great part of the Kagikko, Refrain it's like...100000 times better than Clannad AS? And I love After Story, it's one of my favourite animes and Visual Novel (Clannad, I mean) but Refrain is simply too much, Refrain it's the perfection made Visual Novel or route whichever you prefer. AS was sad yes, and I cried like anyone would but "a certain moment" in Refrain killed me, I thought i was gonna dehydrate.

Then again, it's J.C Staff and in the 1st season they didn't put one thing that it's necessary to explain Refrain. They won't adapt it faithfully, which is truly sad.

Obviously the "Refrain>>>>>>>>>>>Clannad AS" it's just my opinion haha. But it's not strange to find more people like me.

So my final opinion it's that no, it won't reach even top 200 because J.C Staff and because LB! 1st season left an extremely important thing to explain, without it, we cannot explain "The secret of this world".
この世界の秘密が知ってる?
Do you know the secret of this world?
リトルバスターズは不滅だ。
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"-Magus
"What are two halves? One Fren Da"
Oct 4, 2013 4:04 AM

Aug 2012
It is possible, if JC Staff won't be the ones to be doing it. Well, at least, I'm expecting this one to be in the top 20. The goddamn source material is easy to adapt.
Oct 4, 2013 4:06 AM

Feb 2013
Well at least the animation quality is upped from what we could see.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 4, 2013 4:23 AM

Sep 2011
Let's find out!

But the best thing we only do is to just stop posting spoilers!! (Maybe it can affect the animation quality) XD

But I have no choice but to ignore it since spoilers is everywhere T_T
Oct 4, 2013 9:36 AM

Aug 2008
If you don't want spoilers I would advise you to stay off MAL, Tumblr and youtube. Seriously you WILL get spoiled for any anime series based off those 3 things hah.
Oct 4, 2013 3:43 PM

Jul 2011
If it is anything like the first season, then HELL no.
Oct 4, 2013 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
lets just hoping....

Oct 4, 2013 3:49 PM

May 2008
MAL is full of elitists, so unless this show is really that good, then no!
Oct 4, 2013 3:52 PM

Aug 2011
idk man.. theres alot of questionable stuff up in the top 50..
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 4, 2013 4:59 PM

Feb 2012
well if people actually bother with Refrain, after all the hate the first season got, then I think it can make it to the top 50~ that first half of the episode was amazing :3

however since Shingeki no Kyojin isn't in the top 5, and we all know how everyone views that anime, I'd say it's near impossible for this adaptation to get that high~
Oct 4, 2013 5:44 PM

Jul 2008
It won't happen. The only similar show (Key or Maeda Jun involvement) that is that highly ranked is Clannad After Story, and that show had Kyoto Animation behind the reins. Also the first season of Clannad was much better received than LB!'s first season, so there would need to be a lot more change in opinion of the series for Refrain to do that well.

Honestly I would be surprised to see its ranking even break 8.00 by the time it finishes airing.
Oct 4, 2013 5:49 PM
Mar 2011
as i said the trend back up that this will be popular on Mal
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Oct 4, 2013 5:51 PM

Sep 2013
Especially for the RinxRiki fans, if they put in the Romance.
Oct 4, 2013 5:59 PM

Feb 2010
Oh yeah LOGH is back on 5, I didn't know that yet. Good Day.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 4, 2013 6:01 PM
Mar 2011
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Oh yeah LOGH is back on 5, I didn't know that yet. Good Day.

Sense back the MAL it semes a bit

Oct 4, 2013 6:02 PM

Aug 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
Especially for the RinxRiki fans, if they put in the Romance.
if they don't put that kissing scene in I will be mad. Well actually the end of the op already states that the scene will appear.
Oct 4, 2013 6:06 PM

Sep 2012
Half the people in this thread:
"Hurr durr I didn't watch the first season/read the VN/ watch the Refrain OP or the pre-air or look at anything about Refrain, but looking at other X Key show and seeing that this isn't KyoAni, Little Busters will still be shit."

I don't care if you say it won't be in the top 5, but I doubt it's going to anywhere near as low as some of you guys say it is, at this rate.
I at least think that the climax of Refrain will be one of the highest rated episodes of anime all time.
Vladz0rOct 4, 2013 6:11 PM
Oct 4, 2013 6:13 PM
Jun 2013
Game Spoiler:

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.
LunaOct 4, 2013 11:06 PM
Oct 4, 2013 6:59 PM

Sep 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
Game Spoiler:

Game Spoiler:

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags.
LunaOct 4, 2013 11:07 PM
Oct 4, 2013 7:01 PM

Sep 2012
Maybe if JC adapts it right. The material definitely has the potential
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Oct 4, 2013 7:12 PM

Sep 2012
Vladz0r said:
Half the people in this thread:
"Hurr durr I didn't watch the first season/read the VN/ watch the Refrain OP or the pre-air or look at anything about Refrain, but looking at other X Key show and seeing that this isn't KyoAni, Little Busters will still be shit."

I don't care if you say it won't be in the top 5, but I doubt it's going to anywhere near as low as some of you guys say it is, at this rate.
I at least think that the climax of Refrain will be one of the highest rated episodes of anime all time.

This, along with episode 18 of Clannad AfterStory, I expect the semi-last episode of Refrain to bring me a storm of feels.

Ol-Hybrius said:
Game Spoiler:

Spoiler reply:

Modified quote and added spoiler tags in reply just in case.
LunaOct 4, 2013 11:08 PM
Oct 4, 2013 7:14 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
As an active and loyal member of MAL for 13 years, I believe it will be in the top 5, assuming the rumors are true and LB: Refrain ends up being better than Clammad: After Story.
Oct 4, 2013 7:16 PM

Sep 2012
Lolicon said:
As an active and loyal member of MAL for 13 years, I believe it will be in the top 5, assuming the rumors are true and LB: Refrain ends up being better than Clammad: After Story.

In terms of story, Little Busters is as good or better than Clannad, the question is: Can the anime version surpass Clannad AfterStory? To be true, I doubt it, but I may be wrong.
Oct 4, 2013 7:17 PM

Sep 2013
masterfxx1 said:
Spoiler reply:

Game Spoiler:

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags!
LunaOct 4, 2013 11:09 PM
Oct 4, 2013 7:18 PM

Apr 2011
Maria_Sama said:
I doubt it, the Top 5 never changes.

Steins;Gate anyone ?
Oct 4, 2013 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:
At least for me, I prefer Riki x Rin. But yeah, we better not expect a big deal of romance in her arc.

Game Spoiler:

Game Spoiler:

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags!
LunaOct 4, 2013 11:02 PM
Oct 4, 2013 7:21 PM

Sep 2013
masterfxx1 said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:
At least for me, I prefer Riki x Rin. But yeah, we better not expect a big deal of romance in her arc.

Game Spoiler:

Game Spoiler:

mhm, all we can do is hope, 2nd refrain ending was best. Still no confirmation of how many episodes we will get aswell, bleh.

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
LunaOct 4, 2013 11:04 PM
Oct 5, 2013 12:19 AM
Jun 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:

Game Spoiler:

Game Spoiler:

mhm, all we can do is hope, 2nd refrain ending was best. Still no confirmation of how many episodes we will get aswell, bleh.

Game spoiler :
Oct 5, 2013 12:20 AM

Feb 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:

Game Spoiler:

Game Spoiler:

Yep, I'd like to see that second ending as well. XD
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Oct 5, 2013 1:16 AM

Sep 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:

Game Spoiler:

Game Spoiler:

Game spoiler :

DeathyZAOct 5, 2013 1:27 AM
Oct 5, 2013 1:24 AM
Jun 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
Ol-Hybrius said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:
DeathDoUsPart said:
masterfxx1 said:

Game Spoiler:

Game Spoiler:

Game spoiler :

Game spoiler :

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tag in the quote.
LunaOct 5, 2013 2:11 AM
Oct 5, 2013 1:25 AM

Sep 2012
lol DeathDoUsPart I know you're excited but legend has it that some anime viewers still lurk the threads so you might want to use some spoiler tags :P
Oct 5, 2013 1:27 AM

Sep 2013
egnaro315 said:
lol DeathDoUsPart I know you're excited but legend has it that some anime viewers still lurk the threads so you might want to use some spoiler tags :P

Will do :]
Oct 5, 2013 1:31 AM

Dec 2012
Not impossible, but I'm kind of doubting that it will be on the top 5.
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 5, 2013 1:36 AM
Jun 2013
Just noticed that we have to pay to watch on CR. Since they buy Refrain, I doubt another team will fansub it, would they ? Anyway, no free watching and bad subs (as people say, I didn't knew CR until the last few days) can really affect the views and rates of the anime...
Oct 5, 2013 1:43 AM

Feb 2012
Ol-Hybrius said:
Just noticed that we have to pay to watch on CR. Since they buy Refrain, I doubt another team will fansub it, would they ? Anyway, no free watching and bad subs (as people say, I didn't knew CR until the last few days) can really affect the views and rates of the anime...

don't worry, anime sites always rip off of CR and post them to watch for free~
Oct 5, 2013 1:47 AM
Jun 2013
smilewolfy said:
Ol-Hybrius said:

don't worry, anime sites always rip off of CR and post them to watch for free~

Glad to hear that since CR is now in France too, I started to think I possibly couldn't be able to watch the show I was waiting for months. :)
Oct 5, 2013 1:48 AM

Sep 2013
Ol-Hybrius said:

Given my 48-hour guest membership away yesterday :/ wouldve given it to you so you can atleast watch the 1st episode in peace.
Oct 5, 2013 1:49 AM

Aug 2010
What's with people saying since it's JC then no.

I know they didn't do that well with S1 but lately they've been on a friggin roll. I think they can do this. (I hope XD)
Oct 5, 2013 1:51 AM
Jun 2013
DeathDoUsPart said:
Ol-Hybrius said:

Given my 48-hour guest membership away yesterday :/ wouldve given it to you so you can atleast watch the 1st episode in peace.

Thanks for the thought anyway ! :)
Oct 5, 2013 9:31 AM

Aug 2011
DramaEnthusiast said:
For a while now, or rather, a long while, the top 5 Anime on MAL haven't changed much. But in a mere three days, what is supposed to be Key's greatest visual novel/story ever made is launching, even if it is in the hands of J.C Staff.

So what do you think? And will you participate in watching it?

Mod Edit:
Please use spoiler tags for VN spoilers!

yes
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Oct 5, 2013 9:37 AM

Jul 2010
Barion-Zara said:

I know they didn't do that well with S1 but lately they've been on a friggin roll. I think they can do this. (I hope XD)

Bakuman was done by JC Staff and is in the first 30...
Oct 5, 2013 9:38 AM

Sep 2012
NayukiShiina said:
Barion-Zara said:

Bakuman was done by JC Staff and is in the first 30...

Yep, and Bakuman wasn't even that amazing and had crappy romance from what I've heard.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2013

538 by PepegasLand »»
Apr 19, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

351 by FUNNYDOGE »»
Apr 13, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2013

391 by Remurst »»
Apr 9, 2:48 AM

» How good?

kam1n0 - Dec 12, 2021

21 by Donkunsan »»
Apr 2, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters!: Refrain Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sycheras - Nov 9, 2013

371 by kusanagi_ZFG »»
Feb 22, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.