Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 2, 2013 3:36 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Shikamaru as Naruto's adviser sounds nice.

Oct 2, 2013 3:37 PM

Sep 2013
They are dragging their conversation bit too far minimizing action.
Newbie Blogger: http://animetaru.wordpress.com/

You know it's funny how freedom can make us feel contained
Yeah When the muscles in our legs aren't used to all the walking...
Oct 2, 2013 3:49 PM

Aug 2013
IMO this was a really bad chapter. Let's see what we got: Never give up? Check. Can't let my friends die? Check. Wow Naruto has grown? Check. A panel for every main character? Check. The fight starts? Not check. I mean, no i have nothing against a set up chapter, but i do have against what, 4 of these in a row? It's more then time to finish this damn arc don't you think?
Can't see how people can get "the feels" from this same thing over and over. It never works for me... and i'm not even this tough.
I just hope Kishimoto compensate for all this set up with some good 3-5 action filled chapters. Can't see this battle ending in 1-2 chapters like it was nothing...
And I will keep saying this for the rest of the manga. Naruto just shouldn't be able to use chackra... He got sucked by the tree to almost death. Shikamaru couldn't even stand. Why Naruto is so special he can even go Bijuu mode?
Oct 2, 2013 3:52 PM

Jan 2009
talk no jutsu chapter
Oct 2, 2013 5:59 PM

Dec 2012
Shikamaru FTW. We finally saw Kakashi, Rock Lee and Tenten
Oct 2, 2013 9:17 PM

Dec 2009
Beyonder said:
So dissapointed in Sakura. naruto and sasuke are far beyond their masters.... tsunade taps shikamaru and heals him immediately

Lol. Looks like she's not there yet.

Only decent part of this chapter is Shikamaru announcing he will become Naruto's advisor once he becomes Hokage.
Oct 2, 2013 11:00 PM

Apr 2011
VanishingKira said:
Naruto saves Shikamaru unconsciously.

Shikamaru will become Naruto's advisor when he becomes Hokage.

Kiba makes his stupid Hokage joke again.

Tsunade comes in and heals everyone like nothing,and Sakura's just there like "This bitch."

Hokages and the alliance are inspired by Naruto.

Kakashi appears after like how many chapters.

Based on next week chapter's title seems like Madara is finally going to take the Jubbi from Obito.

Actually, Kiba seems to have given up on Hokage. He was talking about snatching the advisor position from Shikamaru.
Oct 2, 2013 11:34 PM

Mar 2013
This hope talk has been going on for past few chapters...hopefully that actually do some real damage next chapter :P
Oct 3, 2013 5:25 AM
Mar 2010
Shikamaru lives on and Kakashi seems okay.
Oct 3, 2013 7:33 AM

May 2012
The quality of the artwork has dropped again. Another lame generic chapter. 1/10 for this chapter.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 3, 2013 7:41 AM

Apr 2013
eh the power of friendship.. bad chapter.. cmon kishi hurry up.
Oct 3, 2013 7:54 AM

May 2013
No one wants to be Sasuke's advisor.
Oct 3, 2013 9:53 AM

Jan 2013
Alright, feels a little forced
Oct 3, 2013 11:55 AM

Mar 2013
Though there was no advances on the battle, the kages are back and reuniting each nation! A lot of feelings and everyone is hoping! "To lose is not an option!"
Best thing on this chapter: SHIKAMARU IS NOT DEAD OMFG! And now everyone says that we will be the one to seucceed Tsunade, and in that case, yes Naruto will much need Shikamaru!
Now next chapter I am expecting quite a blast!
Oct 3, 2013 12:32 PM

May 2010
Agree, pretty slow chapter, not bad though. It was pretty preditcable that Shikamaru isn't going to die anyway. Felt kinda fillerish overall. I hope that it's because Kishimoto-sensei wants to do something incredible in 650th chapter... Or something.

Beyonder said:
So dissapointed in Sakura. naruto and sasuke are far beyond their masters.... tsunade taps shikamaru and heals him immediately

I loled at that :D I loved how 'tehee~' Sakura was after she got patted, people are dying there, god damn it.
Oct 4, 2013 9:31 PM

Dec 2012
Monad said:
Marhuto said:
That last panel...
"Sasuke and Naruto have finally got Obito to..."

I wonder what's that?

a) Fuck them
b) marry them
c) laugh
d) become friends.

e) All of the above.

Corny as it was, Shikamaru hit me right in the feels.

"Maybe it isn't so bad in here after all... Yup, this'll do nicely." -Kakashi
Oct 5, 2013 7:17 AM

Jan 2008
Meanwhile Kakashi is sewing up himself...
Oct 6, 2013 3:14 AM
Jul 2011
Way too much fat in this chapter with all the hope talk. I'm sure readers have gotten that point by now.

Only real piece of meat here was Shikamaru finally openly stating to everyone would be an advisor to Hokage Naruto if need be...something again most readers were lead to believe anyways but better than to see than all this hope talk.

This chapter final panel nearly the same as 648's in execution.
Oct 20, 2013 12:18 PM

Jul 2009
FlameWingman21 said:
No one wants to be Sasuke's advisor.

I lol'd.

I guess Sakura was all talk? Kishi has kept her useless after hyping up her growth.

I really dislike how the past few chapters have moved the story forward so little. The plot line is literally in the same place it was 4-5 chapters ago. I can't tell if Kishi is stuck or if he's just stalling to drag things out a little longer.
Jan 23, 2014 9:19 PM

Jun 2011
3 chapters before, Naruto and Sasuke was preparing to launch an attack on Obito, 3 chapters later Naruto and Sasuke is still in the way of moving to Obito, when they can move very fast.

100 chapters ago the fight with Madara and Obito started, 100 chapters later we got basically nothing of.. nothingness? Like what? It's moving even slower than the One Piece god damn Punk Hazard anime version arc. Every chapter is basically 99% pointless shizz and 1% of something.

Oh man, I really can't wait to see that tsudecimo naruto fanboy reaction to this damn war.

Edit: Oh and I missed something, Naruto and Sasuke attacked Obito, so yeah, took them 2 chapters for f's sake.
ToG25thBaamJan 23, 2014 9:31 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 6, 2014 9:48 PM
Aug 2014
Wow, almost 3 chapters of emotional bullshit. This is really starting to lose its impact, about 30 chapters of the same old bullshit, over and over again. To summarize those 30 chapters (more than 600 pages) this is enough: hokages get revived, sasucke and Michael Jackson turn "good" (the latter is still a pedo), the current hokages are healed and join the battle, some barriers get blown up, 600 pages of naruto and the hokages failing miserably and not learning anything, not exposing any weaknesses, obito turns into a goddamn weed, everyone cries constantly over and over again, naruto gets treated like a god and apparently seeing the memories of a school loser is more motivating than having the first hokage, considered a god, talking to you and telling everyone how shinobis and the world were created. Yeah I'm mad.
Nov 4, 2014 7:54 PM

Oct 2013
The best part of the chapter was Shikamaru saying he has to be Naruto's right hand man. Honestly, I can't think of a better person for that job, indeed.

Aside from that... zzz. This pacing is ridiculous. How many "WE CAN DO IT" chapters are there gonna be before someone important dies?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Aug 10, 2018 5:14 AM

Feb 2013
Shikamaru is ok now.
Apr 25, 2021 8:54 PM

Jan 2020
I hope shikamaru can survive all of this

Mar 29, 12:14 PM
Jan 2021
The Naru-Maru bromance is so moving, as always 🤗🤗 Shikamaru is probably the best-developed character in the Manga. He's the only one who can play your brain-strings and your heart-strings just as easily
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 63 Discussion

jeanfarias - May 3, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 11, 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.