Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2013 5:42 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
New chapter out.

Looks like naruto has inspired everyone.
BlaineOct 2, 2013 5:46 AM
Oct 2, 2013 5:46 AM

Nov 2011
Seems like another set up chapter but eh, let's hope something good happens for the alliance; emphasis on the hope.
Oct 2, 2013 5:49 AM

Apr 2013
Worst chapter ever...
Oct 2, 2013 5:49 AM
Dec 2011
Decent chapter, slow progression.

Can definitely see Naruto dying now.
Oct 2, 2013 5:50 AM

Sep 2012
At least Shikamaru is still alive, phew
Oct 2, 2013 5:52 AM

Dec 2011
:D Good chapter!!
Oct 2, 2013 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
Terrible chapter...
Oct 2, 2013 6:02 AM

Jun 2013
Not much happened as far as plot progression goes but we did get to see a glimpse of Kakashi and Shikamaru is okay, thank goodness.
Oct 2, 2013 6:10 AM

Jul 2013
ah kishi is dragging this out we all know that the end is near :'(
Oct 2, 2013 6:10 AM

Dec 2008
Shikamaru saying Naruto needs him as an advisor <3 That part just gave me feels ;__;

Tsunadeeeee <3333
Oct 2, 2013 6:20 AM
Oct 2009
So dissapointed in Sakura. naruto and sasuke are far beyond their masters.... tsunade taps shikamaru and heals him immediately
Oct 2, 2013 6:20 AM

Dec 2011
Wow. Lots of feels. We got the set up chapter for Naruto last week, and now the set up chapter for everyone this time. Hopefully the next chapter is full of action!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2013 6:23 AM
Mar 2010
Decent chapter. And with that i believe is the end with all the set up chapters for now. I have a feeling that things are going to get really exciting from next chapter onwards.
Oct 2, 2013 6:37 AM

Aug 2008
It's more and more embarrassing to read all these mushy lines. Oh the friendship and other bull. Feeeeeelings~
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 2, 2013 6:39 AM

Aug 2012
That last panel...
"Sasuke and Naruto have finally got Obito to..."

I wonder what's that?
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Oct 2, 2013 6:39 AM

Apr 2011
Decent set up chapter. Guess next week will be focused on the battle since we've got set ups for both Naruto and the rest. As for Naruto's advisors, I'm guessing they'll be Shikamaru, Sasuke and Sakura.

Beyonder said:
So dissapointed in Sakura. naruto and sasuke are far beyond their masters.... tsunade taps shikamaru and heals him immediately

Indeed, she's very disappointing.
Oct 2, 2013 6:44 AM
Jul 2013
they've been saying lets go for quite a few chapters now...so slow too much yap
Oct 2, 2013 6:52 AM

Apr 2008
Is Kishi trying to get us to New Year? The climax is dragging; basically, HIGH MORAL SHOUNEN MOMENT today!

Kiba, you're not gonna be Kage ^^:

Let's get back in there Kakashi!

Time to whoop that tree and Bito-nuts.
Oct 2, 2013 6:56 AM

Apr 2012
yhunata said:
Decent set up chapter. Guess next week will be focused on the battle since we've got set ups for both Naruto and the rest. As for Naruto's advisors, I'm guessing they'll be Shikamaru, Sasuke and Sakura.

Beyonder said:

lol, Maybe she was low on Chakra
Oct 2, 2013 6:57 AM

Sep 2013
excalibur977436 said:
Decent chapter. And with that i believe is the end with all the set up chapters for now. I have a feeling that things are going to get really exciting from next chapter onwards.
Marhuto said:
That last panel...

I wonder what's that?

I keep wondering too

Next chapter is gonna rock!!! Some thing huge is gonna happen I kinda liked this chapter...
At the beginning I was getting this strange naruto vibe that shika was gonna die but hell no phew....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2013 7:14 AM

Jun 2011
lol the question.. where is madara? ;d
he's doing something xD
Oct 2, 2013 7:15 AM
Aug 2008
this chapter reads like a very bad, cheesy fanfiction
Oct 2, 2013 7:15 AM

Oct 2010
What a fucking waste of a chapter.

Lyjka said:
this chapter reads like a very bad, cheesy fanfiction

It's been fan fiction for a while now.
Oct 2, 2013 7:19 AM

Apr 2011
Helitenks said:
yhunata said:

Beyonder said:

lol, Maybe she was low on Chakra

Sakura's enveloped in Kurama's chakra, so there can't be a lack of chakra here.

Marhuto said:
That last panel...

I wonder what's that?

Sasuke and Naruto have finally got Obito to "come out of his hiding place". He was hiding inside that ball-like thing, remember?
Oct 2, 2013 7:29 AM

May 2010
another useless chapter..
Oct 2, 2013 7:44 AM

Jun 2012
As if there was ever any doubt that Kakashi was alive...

Nice chapter. I don't get the people who hate it. You can't have fighting in every chapter you know.
Oct 2, 2013 7:46 AM

May 2013
Good chapter. Good that Shikamaru is going to be okay.
Oct 2, 2013 7:49 AM

Jun 2010
im glad shikamaru is alive
Oct 2, 2013 7:53 AM
Aug 2011
I would be impressed if they killed Naruto, seeing as it feels like death flags around him.

Though at the same time I wouldn't mind the happyish ending.

I don't mind set up chapters, that's part of story telling you need them too.
Oct 2, 2013 7:54 AM

Apr 2011
prism2525 said:
As if there was ever any doubt that Kakashi was alive...

Nice chapter. I don't get the people who hate it. You can't have fighting in every chapter you know.

It's Naruto. That's more that enough reason to hate it.
Oct 2, 2013 7:57 AM

Mar 2008
feelings feelings blabla
Oct 2, 2013 8:02 AM

May 2013
Epic chapter.
Oct 2, 2013 8:05 AM

Aug 2013
Very good chapter IMO. Not much action, but I think it was needed. It would have been weird to see the Kages jump into action just after their arrival.

And Sakura did very well with Shikamaru, keeping him alive until Tsunade's arrival. You guys say that it's disappointing that she didn't heal Shikamaru by herself and all that Tsunade had to do was to touch him to make him recover, but don't forget that Tsunade got a full recover thanks to Karin, and not Sakura herself... so I think she did a good job, even though I thought she would use the jutsu that Chiyo used on her and Gaara... I'm just disappointed in that, but otherwise, seeing Tsunade praising her was lovely (and yeah, don't hate on poor Sakura people ! unlike Sasuke and Naruto (or even her master, Tsunade), she doesn't have the talent of shinobi in her blood, she's just a normal girl, and I think she managed pretty well getting at this level given the fact that she doesn't have special powers like her team mates, you just can't compare them).

What really shoked me was (again) Hinata. Even though she's not exactly my favourite character, I always want to think there's still hope for her but nope... I mean, at this part of the chapter everybody was expressing their relief about Shikamaru's recovering, and NO, the only thing Hinata was thinking about at this moment was AGAIN and AGAIN Naruto... Come gurl, Shikamaru is also one of your comrades ! You could feel a bit happy for him, even Sai was (and he's not really connected to Shikamaru either).

Other than that, I loved the moment with Tsunade and Hashirama. It was cute !
And I can't wait to see what Mei is up to. Let's hope ladies will have more panels in the coming chapters.

Finally, I don't know if I'm happy to see Kakashi back... I really like him as a character for comic relief, but I've never been able to enjoy his fights (and him as a shinobi in general). I hope he will die as a hero now...
LadyDianaOct 2, 2013 8:15 AM
Oct 2, 2013 8:18 AM

May 2012
what a twist man.. didnt expect sakura to be the next villian..

anyways good chapter too much feelings..
Dark_MessiahOct 2, 2013 6:41 PM

Oct 2, 2013 8:20 AM

Feb 2012
Too much talk in this chapter.
Oct 2, 2013 8:26 AM

Jun 2010
Shikamaru approaching that Gokudera feel.
Oct 2, 2013 8:46 AM

Jul 2013
If a chapter can make me smile and/or tear up, I praise it as being great in my eyes. Upon the first reading before my lecture, I was grinning from ear to ear. When I got back to my dorm and read it again, not only was I grinning, but I was feeling them feels.

When Shikamaru stated that, "When Naruto becomes hokage..." I lost my shit. Great moment in the manga. If you're a die-hard naruto fan, there's no reason to hate this chapter, none at all. This is all building up towards to final climactic battle; this is great storytelling. Just sit back and enjoy the rest of the ride, regardless of this being the concluding arc or not, enjoy what's presented before us.

On that note, can't wait for next week. Naruto, kick some ass and fight Sasuke [;
Banishment, this world!
Oct 2, 2013 8:59 AM

Jul 2007
Dang just basically build up but a nice set up to the final battle against obito at last.

We got to see kakashi again, yay! and this chapter actually proved my point in the last discussion that shikimaru is just to important and probably not going to die, seriously that would of the worst screw up ever on kishimto's part.

But what did kishimoto mean by "and finally?" I feel a plot twist or another revelation coming. It seems like next chapter is probably 95% really going to be the conclusion to this battle and something else is going to happen. I predict orichimaru may be involved. Can't wait.

But that "And finally?" gets me, what does kishimoto have planned, hmmm

Oct 2, 2013 9:02 AM

Mar 2012
I'm always know that there is no better one to be Naruto advisor aside for Shikamaru.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 2, 2013 9:22 AM

Jul 2007
I am guessing chapter 650 is going to be the big one. The final climatic battle to put this mother fcker down, god i hope.

Oct 2, 2013 9:23 AM
Oct 2013
I usually like people praising Naruto, but I was ready for them to start attacking the tree a few chapters ago, after everyone felt Naruto's determination not to give up. I mean, they have 15 minutes to chop down the biggest tree in the world whilst fighting off the main boss of the series and they're all standing around thinking how great Naruto will be as hokage. I'm glad Shikamaru's ok (he's one of my favourite characters) but his decision to stay by Naruto's side kinda reminded of hinata's (if you know what I mean) and not just because of her cameo. Not that I don't want him to be Naruto's adviser, I glad he will be. I've been expecting it for a while. One thing's for sure, Naruto will become hokage soon if Kishi's reassuring everyone that although Naruto's dumb he'll have someone smart helping him when he runs the village. Which also means Tsunade will either die or stand down as hokage soon. I liked the scene between her and the first, though I was expecting at least a "wow you've grown" from her grandpa. I'm glad Kakashi's back too, he's also one of my favourites. When chapters are slow paced like this I try to remember that it's written as a volume and we're only getting it a little at a time. This wasn't a bad chapter, I just think I would've liked it more if the clock wasn't ticking and they weren't in middle of the most important fight of the series. Seriously, what are Madara and Obito doing while this is going on?
Oct 2, 2013 9:30 AM

Mar 2012
link9us said:
I am guessing chapter 650 is going to be the big one. The final climatic battle to put this mother fcker down, god i hope.
And then Oro become the last boss with this.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 2, 2013 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
NeoAnkara said:
I'm always know that there is no better one to be Naruto advisor aside for Shikamaru.

I think that about everybody saw that coming a long time ago already x).

@ BigTimeFan >> It looked like a "long" moment for us, but I think that it only took a minute or two in the story for everything that happened in the chapter. Not a big deal if everybody is going at Obito/Madara at once afterwards (my guess is that Shikamaru will do his usual "thinking pose" to find some kind of genius plan, relayed to everybody by Ino and then attack).
LadyDianaOct 2, 2013 10:22 AM
Oct 2, 2013 10:23 AM

Aug 2012
pretty decent chapter but god damn the pacing has been so slow lately it's literally all dialogue and naruto and sasuke get to take like 3 steps. the pacing in this final fight is getting to bleach levels of terribad and although i appreciated the dialogue i wish kishi could've traded the panel time wasted on fodder being motivated with something that could move the actual plot forward.
Oct 2, 2013 10:27 AM
May 2013
Beyonder said:

Hinata was just mimicking a statue and looking pretty...yeah, Sakura is sooo disappointing :/
Oct 2, 2013 1:35 PM

Feb 2012
Kishimoto again used stall no jutsu, it's supper effective. :/
Oct 2, 2013 1:51 PM

Jul 2013
Nice chapter, can't understand the complaints. You realize one major plot point is that Naruto needs to stop the cycle or hatred, yet when he gets highly-prestigious people like the Hokage saying he could do it people complain?

Anyway, fight resumes properly next chapter it seems like.
Oct 2, 2013 2:12 PM

Mar 2013
Talk no jutsu this chapter was so strong, my computer screen almost cracked.
Oct 2, 2013 2:12 PM

Jun 2008
Marhuto said:
That last panel...

I wonder what's that?

a) Fuck them
b) marry them
c) laugh
d) become friends.
Oct 2, 2013 3:21 PM

Jul 2011
Oh yeah I almost forgot about kakashi...well anyways am I the only one happy to see the return of Lee and Tenten?!
"When people realize how lonely it is being on their own, they will become kind."
— Mirajane (Fairy Tail)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 342 Discussion

kittykun2011 - Nov 8, 2008

5 by Chfenj_ »»
Apr 13, 9:54 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 244 Discussion

Thystrix - Mar 20, 2016

6 by Chfenj_ »»
Mar 30, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 97 Discussion

jeanfarias - Aug 7, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 13, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 87 Discussion

jeanfarias - Jul 4, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 12, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Naruto Chapter 63 Discussion

jeanfarias - May 3, 2012

5 by MissDoublefinger »»
Mar 11, 5:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.