Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2013 10:46 AM
Feb 2012
If you want to know what happened to the outside world and what it is like, the other games and material in the series cover it a lot more than this game did.

Dangan Ronpa Zero is a light novel that describes the events that lead up to the world falling into despair and the start of the School Life of Mutual Killing. Junko is also a more central character if you really liked her, but in my opinion she's a character who really loses her appeal if she's around too much, because she quickly goes from a really great character to a really annoying character. Also, it's not a very good LN.

Dangan Ronpa Another Episode is an upcoming Survival Horror game starring Naegi's sister that takes place in the world outside of Kibougamine Academy. It has also been confirmed to take between Dangan Ronpa and Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

As for Super Dangan Ronpa 2's relevance towards the outside world, if you really want to know if it covers that at all (Keep in mind that this is a spoiler, although really not even close to the biggest spoiler in the game)...

It has basically been announced that there will be a Dangan Ronpa 3, but nobody really knows where they are going with it, or even if it will tie back into the other games.
Sep 28, 2013 10:49 AM

Oct 2012
wtf who was that pink female monobear at the end

^ Why isn't this updating...
Sep 28, 2013 11:06 AM
Sep 2013
HiddenDoorway said:

Dangan Ronpa Zero is a light novel that describes the events that lead up to the world falling into despair and the start of the School Life of Mutual Killing. Junko is also a more central character if you really liked her, but in my opinion she's a character who really loses her appeal if she's around too much, because she quickly goes from a really great character to a really annoying character. Also, it's not a very good LN.

Personally I enjoyed the light novel and I like Junko even more as a character after reading it.

Pizuya said:
wtf who was that pink female monobear at the end

That's Monomi, Monokuma's sister who appears in the second Dangan Ronpa game.
Sep 28, 2013 11:09 AM

Dec 2012
This pretty much sums up how I feel about this whole anime:
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9999/iq65.png

Yup...
6/10
Sep 28, 2013 11:16 AM

Apr 2013
executions were really interesting mainly from Junko.
Sep 28, 2013 12:14 PM

May 2013
I was Expecting Togami and Kirigiri to survive and they did hahaha

Junko Died by all of the punishment including Neigi's Punishment which killed her

Hmmmm this is sometimes fun to watch even sometimes i just force my self to watch this but i liked it and i will missed it

I'm hoping for a after story what happens to them in the outside world and other things :D
Sep 28, 2013 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
Bored ending (junkois a bad character) but I like in general this anime adaptation.
Sep 28, 2013 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
Good episode, I like how everybody left their stands and went over to support Naegi. I’m ok with Junko only being present in one episode, her multiple personalities are exhausting to keep track on. I prefer her as Monokuma :) At my first impression of the Danganronpa cast I would have never expected the likes of Hagakure, Asahina and Fukawa to survive the mutual killing game. I like them as characters, but it’s a let down that they never contributed with anything other than “being in the way” or acting entirely useless during investigations and trials. They were pretty much carried through the show by Togami, Kirigiri and Naegi. Genosider Syo was useful at times, I was only bothered by the fact that a crazy serial killer is allowed to live. Then again if the outside world is in chaos and people get murdered daily she’ll probably feel right at home there.

The amnesia part is really cruel when you think about it and losing two years worth of memories is quite a shock. Imagine waking up believing you are 16, but in reality you are 18, and all the dead classmates you believed you’ve only just meet were in reality the closest friends you ever had. In fact Naegi and the others most have witnessed a lot of death and despair on close hold before shutting themselves inside the academy. I’m thinking the content on the motivation DVDs are real and their friends and families are either dead or fighting for their lives. A game statement that I wish would’ve been addressed in this episode is, that people from the outside world actually came to rescue the students, but Junko eliminated them by the gates with heavy firepower. I really want to dig deeper into the story behind Mankind’s Most Despairingly Maleficent and Monstrous Malefaction.

Since Danganronpa is really popular in Japan and the anime works as a promotion for the game series and fanservice the fans, I aren’t surprised that the 2nd season is in the work. I don’t know what lies ahead I just hope it will have more than 13 episodes and better pacing.
Sep 28, 2013 2:03 PM

Jul 2009
NihonFalcom said:
parfaited said:
A very generous 5/10

parfaited said:
NihonFalcom said:
Meh. Didn't see the appeal in Junko.

You're not the only one.

My kindred spirit.

This.

Not waiting for a 2nd season.
Sep 28, 2013 2:21 PM

Dec 2012
Topic Clean

Please behave appropriately with fellow MAL users
Sep 28, 2013 2:35 PM

Mar 2013
I don't think I can explain this any better than in my review.

As a stand-alone, I don't think this episode was a grand finish, just a direct continuing of the story. Not much drama in it, unlike in the game, but oh well, it was a nice watch all in all. :)
Sep 28, 2013 2:48 PM

Aug 2009
Tennouji_ said:
Her reaction totally bothered me in which I really thought she didn't voluntarily take her sister's place so I couldn't buy the sister-swap-explanation thing until your answers.

I've read that the original plan was to have Mukuro create a scene with Monokuma, then get thrown into a dungeon as the punishment to set an example for the other students. After that Mukuro would have been able to assist Junko behind the scenes. However Junko killed her instead for no particular reason other than she was tired of her :/
Sep 28, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2010
Dem Junko boobs.
Ya' know I'm alreading waiting for some doujin.

Anyway, 7/10 and I didn't play the game. I wanted to know how was the world outside but 'K.
Now waiting for a S2.
Sep 28, 2013 4:20 PM

Aug 2010
Junko is so evil and crazy and sexy. Anime was decent but no where near on the level as the VN. I'm glad I played the VN first.

I wonder who the mastermind will be in the second game.
Sep 28, 2013 4:50 PM
Dec 2012
The mastermind is totally insane... when she laugh I also laugh...
Sep 28, 2013 7:30 PM

Oct 2012
Holy sh---and I thought Fukawa was unstable.

Junko takes the cake... her personality is alllll over the place. Love her.
As for the whole experience...kinda feels like watching a rushed walkthrough of the game which I unfortunately don't have the means to play.

By the time my cousin marathoned most of it and I was caught watching with him, it was too late.

Still had fun though, kinda of wished I played the game instead though considering how much I love VNs. I knew I would have fallen in love with it. 3/5
Sep 28, 2013 7:35 PM
Aug 2013
I love Junko :D I love her insanity, multiple personalities and crazy laugh, it made me feel like I'm the mastermind too XD
Sep 28, 2013 8:05 PM

Mar 2013
Bitch! You've just been hit by the hope bulet!! :)
Damn, alot of question still have to be answered....hopefully there's a second season.
Naegi X Kirigi ftw
Sep 28, 2013 8:37 PM

Apr 2012
Tennouji_ said:

Her reaction totally bothered me in which I really thought she didn't voluntarily take her sister's place so I couldn't buy the sister-swap-explanation thing until your answers.

The original plan was that she would be punished by being "put in prison" for attacking Monokumu, so then she'd be free to keep working with her sister behind the scene. Instead, Junko betrayed Mukuro by killing her, leading to her shock.

And the fact that she died like this just shows how completely caught off guard by the betrayal by her beloved sister. As explained in the show, Mukuro is the super soldier who never received a single wound in 3 years of combat. If she was in her battle mode, she could probably have dodged the spears, but she mistakenly trusted her sister and let her guard down.

Also Mukuro had a crush on Naegi and is always looking in his direction in all the school photos for being the first person that treated her like a normal girl despite her reputation as a soldier. Alas...

If anyone is interested in learning more about Mukuro, there is a translated official "what if Mukuro survived" story called "Dangan Ronpa if" that was included with the second game, where she takes over as the protagonist and sides with Naegi. You can read it at:

http://untuned-strings.blogspot.com/2012/12/dangan-ronpa-if-part-1.html
Sep 28, 2013 10:48 PM

Aug 2007
I think if I ever get the urge to revisit the Dangan Ronpa plot, I'm going to replay the game.
As cool as it was to see them in action, I enjoyed the game much more.
The anime was just average for me.

Sep 29, 2013 3:37 AM

Jul 2011
2nd season? I will be glad.

8/10
Sep 29, 2013 4:28 AM

Jun 2011
THAT ENDING THOUGH
Sep 29, 2013 4:51 AM

Nov 2012
junko is suprisingly cute and sexy! XD
damn I was thinking she is a masochist ;3

and about the end.. WOW I want season 2 now! XD
pink monokuma?!
Sep 29, 2013 5:22 AM

Feb 2013
DOES THIS MEAN SEASON 2 CONFIRMED?! if so then hell yes! I really liked this anime, 8/10.
Sep 29, 2013 7:31 AM

May 2012
I didn't like the ending, but the series was good overall. Hope there is 2nd season

8/10
Sep 29, 2013 8:43 AM

Jan 2010
Mittee said:
SDR2 CONFIRMED GET FUCKING HYPE!

Moderator Edit:
According to our news staff, Second Season is not confirmed, only hinted at. Please refrain from posting it as fact because it may confuse other users.

that mod edit
Sep 29, 2013 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
Second Season for the second game!!

EVERYONE GO OUTSIDE AND SCREAM OF HAPPINESS
Sep 29, 2013 10:37 AM

Jun 2011
Awesome series, was enjoying every weeks episode. Though they did not explain what exactly caused the worst event but it was still good.

Waiting season 2
Sep 29, 2013 11:09 AM

Aug 2009
6/10
I had no interest in this show what so ever, lost it somewhere along the way..
Wont bother with the second season.
Sep 29, 2013 11:38 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
7/10 to whole series. Quite enjoyable and very unique, but some times really annoyed me.

Also few things I doubt and question...

The end when they left it made me question if world was actually messed up or not.. also whenever every1 actually died or not. Maybe it was all plan of some sort of a game...

Anyways.. a lot of things made me doubt..
Sep 29, 2013 1:05 PM

Apr 2010
What a shitty ending, the series could have been so much better than this

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Sep 29, 2013 3:36 PM
Mar 2009
That was a great ending. A little annoyed we didn't get to see through the exit, but I guess that fits with the whole theme of, "Hope to repel despair."

Super Duper Nasty Torture wasn't as graphic as I thought it was going to be, lol. And I guess they might animate the sequel too?

Gotta find a play through now to see what they cut.
Sep 29, 2013 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
If the outside world is fucked up, who was watching the show?
Sep 29, 2013 6:33 PM
Sep 2013
kamensentai said:
If the outside world is fucked up, who was watching the show?

We were watching the show. :)

Sep 29, 2013 10:17 PM

Sep 2008
Story would've been top-notch if Junko actually had a motive for what she did. But as it stands, she just did what she did for no reason at all.

Still, the story and mystery was really good but didn't get the adaptation it deserved. Oh well.
Sep 30, 2013 1:14 AM

Jun 2012
um, so. ., Kirigiri's father is an evil bear? Well, I guess it's not the first I've heard of something like this- http://tinyurl.com/latcsz2
Naegi never runs out of that ammunition, I must say. . .
lol, all those personalities.
I'll never look at the words "hope" and "despair" the same again, though it'll be kind of cool if I think of this series.

Pretty good series, I hope for a season two, *shoots hope bullet*, though I haven't played the game so I don't know how much farther it really goes.
Anyway, cool stuff, I didn't expect Hagakure and Asahina to survive. Well, actually, I thought it would just be one survivor with this elimination way of doing things, up until the last trial. Too bad for Ludenberg. . .

Sep 30, 2013 6:23 AM

Aug 2009
Saburo-kun said:
um, so. ., Kirigiri's father is an evil bear?

No no, we don't know who is controlling Monokuma at the end. Kirigiri's father has always been a good guy, but he is obviously dead.
Sep 30, 2013 8:44 AM

Oct 2012
Well epic ending, really an great episode and show too. Junko is the hell of a crazy despair ! but she is hawt and also she has a personality problem or what ?!
So Naegi pumped up everyone i guess he deserved is hope title. Also that ending...nice
Sep 30, 2013 9:51 AM

Jun 2013
buh, the outside world revelation was all rushed up, but the hope vs despair part....DESPAIRINGLY AWESOME!!!!

but wow... she just really had that fettish toward despair of death just who is she anyway?

anyway:

story: 8/10
Music: 8/10
Characters: 7/10
Atmosphere:8/10 (but the game gives you 10/10)
themes/OP/ED: 6/10

over all: 7.4/10

SDR2!! yes, yes!! it's coming!

come to think of it, did they reveal the situation of the outside world on SDR2? since SDR left us with that cliffhanger light,,
Sep 30, 2013 8:48 PM

Sep 2012
Junko's happily going through all the punishments look so surreal but then it also makes the watching (and her character) somehow more tolerable, weird as it may sound.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 1, 2013 5:46 AM

Apr 2011
The anime was nice. I like the mysteries and most of the characters.

And the tease at the end. I hope for SDR2 now.

8/10
Oct 1, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
symbv said:
Junko's happily going through all the punishments look so surreal but then it also makes the watching (and her character) somehow more tolerable, weird as it may sound.

You mean her tits made the watching more tolerable .
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Oct 1, 2013 7:26 AM

Nov 2012
Man this show was terrible, I think the final straw for me was the uber cliche of 'Oh, we need a password. It turns out it was the name of his daughter...' -.- Seriously? Seen that way way way too many times.
ED was pretty badass though, I'll give it that.
5/10

Oct 1, 2013 8:53 AM

Feb 2010
Looking forward to getting the game :-3. Can't wait to play it. Great series, lol Junko and her craziness. It was nice to see them beat the mastermind. Would love to see an adaption of the next game. Hopefully they'll confirm it soon!
Oct 1, 2013 10:41 AM

Nov 2012
FluffyFlesh said:
symbv said:

You mean her tits made the watching more tolerable .
Lol they were a bit distracting.
Oct 1, 2013 7:21 PM

May 2012
Weird ending. But one of the top shows of the season not gonna lie. Hope we get a sequel ova or something.
Oct 2, 2013 3:05 AM

Jun 2011
zakkun89 said:
I'm thrilled that they might adapt the sequel as well but more importantly...
http://i.imgur.com/5MWPcYr.jpg

WHEN,WHERE OR HOW DID DAT ASS HAPPEN !!!!!!!??????

This is what popped up in my mind when I saw that. Too bad it's only in the game huh.

One word for this episode, LAME. We didn't even get to see how will they live after they get out, we didn't even get any information about the outside world and etc.. Why or how or when or whatever did the catastrophe happened. Nothing is fucking explained.. 2/10, lame characters (with some exception like Togami), interesting concept, poor written mystery, poor execution, still animation (copy and paste from the game?), and.. especially the super duper high school hope MC dude, some speech and they regained their composure and hope? What's that? Talk no jutsu? Oh well.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 2, 2013 1:49 PM

May 2012
A pretty fucked up ending but quite one hell of a good ending! Quite enjoyed this anime as it was case solving and everything got figured out in the end and ow was it good! The last death scene was also the best, and I really love how they totally change the art for those death scenes :p and for a reason that last one she was super cute :p

Either way quite an interesting anime with a great and interesting ending!
Oct 2, 2013 9:06 PM

Sep 2012
meh alright, 12 should have been the last ep,

curious to know what the outside world looks like.

and man im going to need Yasuhiro to die, hes so lame.
Oct 3, 2013 7:39 AM
Dec 2011
So basically, Monokuma has been previously programmed to case end like? Or he has self-consciousness?
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2013

263 by Gator »»
Sep 13, 2023 8:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.