Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2013 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
Everyone's saying that it got worse over time, but I feel like it almost got better. I am not the type for slice-of-life, but this was a really good show and I hope they make a season two. I'm particularly impressed with the voice acting... idk why but Tomoko's VA fit every aspect of her personality I could have ever dreamed of.
Also I loved all the openings and endings, which is really rare for me.
Sep 26, 2013 10:05 PM

Apr 2013
Despite the episode being a rather unresolved one, I was amazed by how seamlessly the Another reference was weaved into this episode; she sure may be right! This series had me bursting out in laughter numerous times. There definitely needs to be a second season to show Tomoko changing for the better however.
Sep 26, 2013 11:42 PM

Oct 2012
I agree with what Coldness just said. I would love to see a second season.

Many people have complained that there was not enough character development.
I think that is a fair criticism. However, you can see quite a lot of change in Tomoko
if you consider what she used to be like in junior high school and then read right
to the end of the manga. But I won't give away spoilers about the manga.

There are some other manga/anime where there is no character development at
all. Crayon Shin-chan and Sazae-san are classic examples. In the west, we have
Charlie Brown and Bart Simpson. In fact, in the west, stories typically do not
evolve over time. At least, not much.

A lot of people have complained that watching the show made them depressed.
I suggest that people don't watch things that they don't like. There are many
genres of anime that I won't watch. As for myself, I feel a lot of affection for
Tomoko, and I love the anime and the manga.

My hope is that we will see four or five seasons of the anime, taking us right up
to the point where Tomoko realizes her dream of becoming Japan's first female
arms dealer. Frankly, I think that studying the characteristics of Rocket Propelled
Grenades is a much more beneficial activity for a grade 8 girl than getting into
Role Playing Games.

One awesome feature of this series has been the music, including the regular OP
and ED, the special versions of the ED, and the insert songs. I don't normally
notice music, but I did in this case.
Sep 27, 2013 2:37 AM

Jul 2012
All those references! I only caught Haruhi, SnK and Another but there are probably much more xD

The final episode could've been better. Though I understand it's hard to end on a good note (Tomoko is still suffering in the manga, maybe another season...)

Anyhow, despite various things that were kinda annoying, this was one incredibly fun show to watch :3
Sep 27, 2013 2:56 AM

May 2012
I overall enjoy this anime..the best comedy anime for this season..lol
Sep 27, 2013 3:44 AM

Jul 2010
"It doesn't matter."

THANK YOU! GOD! I was hopping for that message at the end of this. That was the conclusion I was looking for, not one where she finally finds the secret to being popular and suddenly gains many friends, but one where she realizes that being popular isn't everything, and simply continues to live her life contently.

Overall, I loved it. It's honestly one of the best anime I've seen all year. I enjoyed the manga, and I wasn't expecting much of this when I first heard of it, and from the trailers I thought it looked cheap and generic, but it managed to exceed my expectations. Too bad no one else seems to appreciate it.
Sep 27, 2013 4:18 AM

Jul 2011
I really hope for a 2nd season now
Sep 27, 2013 10:32 AM

Jan 2011
Undoubtedly one of the best anime for me this season.

Great message at the end.
Sep 27, 2013 11:07 AM

Jun 2010
Great, unique show.

You can't really compare this to NHK since story itself didn't really try to develop. It's just pure gag and comedy. That what they aimed for and I think it was successful. The series itself was entertaining and funny. Although sometimes it is more like sad than enjoyable since our little main character always get the short end of the stick.

Of course I would love the show more if it did actually show a development. I think it would be better if it had a happy ending where Tomoko actually learns how to socialize with her class. But the problem is that it would defeat the goal of the manga if they went that route. Which is to be a long-time running gag manga.

Well, yeah. Great show. Half of the time I was laughing and half of the time I was sad for Tomoko. The parodies they did were epic :D Lol at the Another parody, everyone except Mei was like spot-on.

7/10 !
Sep 27, 2013 12:57 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah, this was a good finale. I expected something else but hey. The series gets an overall 8/10 from me. Not exactly perfect but far better than average. It was awesome, there, I said it. And I love Tomoko. If there's a second season coming out next year, I'll be there.
Sep 27, 2013 4:07 PM

Jul 2013
I did enjoy watching this series... a little. There was some moments that made me depressed and I was hoping the last episode shows tomoki changing in a good way, but there's no character development and she still the same as usual. Kind not satisfied with the ending. Hope they make a 2nd season.
Sep 27, 2013 5:49 PM

Mar 2012
Lol the Terra Formars cockroach part was funny. The series was so-so, nothing really happened.
Sep 27, 2013 5:56 PM

Apr 2013
something really new and weird each episode was just bearable. Kind of fun and embarrassing.
Sep 27, 2013 8:10 PM

Nov 2012
what a final episode..
weird like usual lol :p
(7/10)
Sep 27, 2013 9:44 PM

Apr 2012
i honestly didn't find this anime to be a comedy... at all.
at first it was pretty cool, but the more i watched the more pity i felt. it was ridiculous!
I can't see the comedic side of this, maybe laughing at her misery?
it didn't leave a positive vibe on me. it was alright but sometimes it was a pain to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2013 11:39 PM
Mar 2013
That ED...I could not stop laughing... (Watamote has the best OP and ED's in the history of anime...)

In my opinion the later episodes weren't as eventful or funny than the earlier ones but the last episode was really insightful and ends on a good note. I loved the parallels between the first and last episodes show that she's definitely grown since the beginning. I loved the end message...

I'm going to miss Watamote :(
Sep 28, 2013 12:54 AM

Apr 2009
The pain stops for Tomoko. For now, at least. Looks like the last third of the school year and Tomoko's "introduction" to the class didn't make the cut for the adaptation. Hina didn't get any more lines or extra screen time due to that... hopefully I'll see a lot more of her and Megumi if ever this gets a sequel. Including a certain somebody from Tomoko's middle school as well. Dat Another reference.
Sep 28, 2013 6:04 AM
Jul 2013
Great show. I think I could relate to it up to a certain point, but the exaggerated parts were so fun, I really do believe tey happen. I think we all have an unsociable mohjo part inside us, it's just that some have more of it and others less.
12 episodes of pure fun, a good comedy show, hilarious mentions of other anime, real life situations that we have all, in one way or another, gone through.
All the characters match this show's vibe.
I really enjoyed this.
Sep 28, 2013 11:19 AM
Mar 2013
That was a decent show. It started really good, the middle was weak but the last few episodes where really great. I really liked Tomoki I found him to be the best character.
Sep 28, 2013 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
What a pointless show. And what a forced ending. For the entire series all she can think about is becoming popular and making friends. Then, in the last 10 seconds, she just says, "well, I guess it doesn't matter anyway."
Sep 28, 2013 1:23 PM

Aug 2009
jsg said:
Went downhill with each episode doesn't even compare to NHK

I would say Welcome to NHK was a class of its own. Though the timeframe for both animes is different (school v/s working class guy), I think NHK portrays the bitter experiences of life much better than this anime. Plus watching NHK sucked me into a world which was really cruel and unforgiving.

Anyways, 7/10 for me; was a decent watch.
Sep 28, 2013 6:35 PM

Aug 2012
http://i.imgur.com/5FapkGy.jpg
Dat Another reference.

Man, i'm gonna miss this show and it's cringe humor. 10/10
Sep 28, 2013 7:10 PM

Nov 2011
Not as cringy as the manga but still hurts. Dat Tomoki kick. He needs a sports anime. 7/10.
Sep 29, 2013 12:43 AM

Apr 2013
I really thought that at least in the end something is going to change but no she failed again :S
Sep 29, 2013 2:31 AM

Feb 2012
this final episode made me really sad, for the fact that my life is pretty much like Tomokos, just no as extreme =-= even the "doing something to get peoples attention so they might talk to me, but leaving a worse impression" scenario has happened to me at school -__- and the whole thinking fun times will happen but in reality they don't~

bleh, that line "she's so quiet", just really annoys me, people call others quiet, but most of the time those people are quiet because they have no one to talk to, or don't know what to say, but then get blamed for it. welp, this show is more realistic than those anime where your casual friends all suddenly become good friends at one point, almost simultaneously, as if the entire time they had no friends at all, either that or abandoned them

8/10 for being different, but still leaves me depressed, and the comedy seems to have gone in the last few episodes :S
smilewolfySep 29, 2013 2:45 AM
Sep 29, 2013 10:46 AM
May 2012
I really feel for Tomoko, and i was really hoping for a development, but i didn't see much. If this is a comedy/gag anime, then i guess that's pretty normal. But i was still hoping for a bit of change.

Overall, comedy was pretty good, but it left me depressed honestly. Maybe i should read the manga to help fill the hole.

6/10.
Sep 29, 2013 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
I won't lose many words about this episode because it was pretty much the same as the episodes before.

As an adaption you can only praise this work because of all the (nice) additions the producers put into the anime compared to the manga.
The show itself on the other hand, manga or anime, is way too bitter to be enjoyed. That being said the "comedy" tag feels really out of place.
And the main character's constant insults against others doesn't make it better, though Tomoko had her moments where see seemed pretty nice (ep. 11,12).

The show gets a 6/10 from me. Fresh between all those happy-go-lucky animes, but not as great as it potentially could be.
Sep 29, 2013 9:01 PM

Dec 2011
Lol at the Another reference. I used to feel bad for Tomoko but stopped as the show progressed. I would feel indifferent if there was another season. 7/10

Sep 30, 2013 9:44 AM

Apr 2012
Another reference was awesome, but Yuu stopping to play with the cat was...stupid/out of character. You don't see your friend running and crying and just suddenly stop because you saw a cute kitty. <_<

I feel that episode 11 would have been a better season finale episode, regardless if Tomoko starts doing better or not. The "silly" part just gave me the impression she gave up, instead of overcoming her ansionsess (which was probably the point of the scene).

7/10. It was cool although some episodes were pretty meh. If there was a 2nd season i'd watch it but i don't reallly care if it stays 1 season only.
Sep 30, 2013 6:37 PM

May 2012
I don't know why or how, but I really only enjoyed myself for four of this show's episodes. The last three significantly moreso.

Yet, somehow it still feels very worth it to have watched all 12 of them. Even if the other 8 were boring beyond belief. Maybe it's sorta like the Endless Eight? Where you just have to get through eight episodes of monotony to make it to the really good parts?

I dunno, but this show gets an 8/10 for me when it's all said and done~
Sep 30, 2013 9:28 PM

Feb 2012
DAT ENDING, wow did that have me laughing. I loved the show at the start probably enough to even give it a 9/10. I agree with what people were saying though in that the show was getting repetitive. Still enjoyed it and going to give it a 7/10. Pretty sure everyone could relate to Tomoko in one way or another unless you are a complete extrovert
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Oct 1, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2012
Pretty okey episode for a reason though there was a lack of interest in these last few episodes, although it sure was a funny and entertaining anime in general! The ending of this episode sure was nice and well I've got to say some moments really surprised me! The op for one and especially the Hatsune Miku ending in episode 6!

A pretty decent anime in general, if it ever would get a second season I'm sure to watch it :D
Oct 1, 2013 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
that was a strange ending. kinda mellow.
Oct 1, 2013 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
"Seriously, it doesn't even matter!"

A bit nihilistic, are we, Tomoko?

Good show. Entertaining. Good lead character.
Oct 2, 2013 8:00 AM
Feb 2012
That 'Another' part was unexpected but nice and overall good episode.

The ending was so weird,epic and funny, One of the most unique endings i've seen...

Overall was a nice show 7/10
Oct 2, 2013 7:28 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I have COMPLETED #Watamote! FINAL SCORE....4/10. This Anime was a total piece of shit. One of the worst Anime I ever completed and it might be the worst Anime I've seen so far this year. This Anime is seriously being called the "best Anime of the season" by American fans? HUUUUUUUH?! Wha? Are ya nuts?! I have no idea how or why I bothered to complete this POS. Started out bad and ended bad. There was no even remotely satisfying conclusion and no progress was made through out the Anime. Where it started is also where it finished. I wouldn't recommend this Anime, even as a joke. AS I SAID: 4/10 is its score and I regret wasting my time on it. The only good thing about this entire Anime was the opening.
Oct 3, 2013 10:36 AM

Oct 2012
Last ep was more of the ending than this one. Though reference to Sasami-san was good. And what about that cockroach song? It reminded me of God Knows from Haruhi in a way. Anyway, enjoyble series, can't wait for next season,

7/10
Oct 3, 2013 5:25 PM

May 2009
Kind of a disappointing ending. I was hoping the show would go somewhere near the end, but nothing really changed with Tomoko. Very funny anime nevertheless.
Oct 5, 2013 5:40 PM

Jul 2010
I'm going to miss it. 8/10
That ending was fucking hilarious anyway.
Oct 6, 2013 1:05 AM

Aug 2012
Awwh was so close to her actually changing. Liked all the references throughout the series and it was full of cringe, although I guess that's pretty much the whole point of the show
Oct 6, 2013 2:07 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Gonna give whole series 6/10 .. I mean idea was good and some jokes were nice.. but that amount of extreme anti-social, social reject non-stop... just was annoying to watch.. she did try to talk with people but that... cant be even called talking.. and only close people who she talked to... was also full of lies and bullshit T_T . rather than being such anti-social, reject.. she had more of a fear torwards people...

I do believe that people like that exist... but cmon.. this way of living is simply retarded... I mean I dont like people much either and prefer not to put my nose into other people things... but when needed I can talk just fine....etc....

Point is I cannot comprehend people similar to this heroine... .

I loved side-characters more than heroine... and also references were quite good... would given higher score if heroine would actually become more of an human rather than piss-twat anti-social reject...

My fav characters would be Tomoki Kuroki, Yuu Naruse and Megumi Imae
Oct 7, 2013 5:29 PM

Feb 2010
This is probably one of the shittiest anime that I watched.
Yes its depressing, but seeing the main character fail with the most embarrassing and awkward way is just makes 'depressing' as an understatement.

It leaves a bitter taste to the mouth and seriously I never laughed in any of the 12 episodes.
I literally seek-seek throughout the whole series.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 8, 2013 3:20 AM

Feb 2008
The Terra ForMars reference was nice. And wow, I really didn't expect them to reference a show from 2003 that isn't even THAT popular. But the ending being done like the Air Master ending was hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAcBERwO4ko
ZetaZakuOct 8, 2013 3:28 AM

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 8, 2013 10:16 AM
May 2012
Well I enjoyed this Anime but I would love to see Tomoko develop but still I enjoyed this Anime as it is.

Tomoki is awesome and Yuu and Imae is just so nice :3 the jokes were funny and the situations Tomoko sometimes make ahahahaha.

Well I'm going to wait for the OVA and I hope that they're going to make a season 2 and I'll think about it if I should read the Manga oh and I like all of the OP and ED songs.

TengaiOct 8, 2013 10:24 AM
Oct 9, 2013 7:37 AM

Apr 2009
if this is a comedy, then my life must have been funny....

need season 2. Wanna see a happy ending.
Oct 9, 2013 7:45 AM

Sep 2013
10/10 Fucking Masterpiece
NHK cant even compare.
Oct 9, 2013 12:43 PM

Sep 2013
This anime is meh and its pretty boring.
Oct 15, 2013 3:14 PM
Jul 2012
uhh that ending lol. I don't know why Tomoko is laughing at the end. That definition is really like her.
Those plans by Tomoko haha cool but it doesn't work. And xd at when Tomoko tries to say hi and than the wind came.
Very good show. Glad that I watched it. The beginning episodes was the best, middle was good, the ending not really the best, but still enjoyable.
EDIT that Another reference whooo! And. What is the song called when the sun is about to go down Tomoko looks at the window?
8/10
LegendGoldDarkOct 15, 2013 3:26 PM
Oct 16, 2013 3:52 AM

Feb 2012
I fucking love this anime SO MUCH. I don't get it why it's so underrated. I'm giving it a 9/10 without hesitation.
I do understand that the humour can be a bit too much for some people, since the parody of Tomoko's poor social skills is a bit cruel sometimes, yet... I didn't laugh like that for months. Tomoko is one of the most amazing female characters ever, I love the little angsty pervert.
Second season, please!
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 16, 2013 10:47 AM

Oct 2012
Another reference + panty shot + Yuu-chan running ; Best damn thing ^^
Great episode IMO even if it end where it started and i feel a creepy vibe from Imae-san XD.
It was a cool show can't wait for the OVA
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Yesterday

1 by CatChud »»
Yesterday, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.