Forum Settings
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 29, 2013 9:38 AM

Jun 2013
Good OVA, I missed Hachiman + Yukinon.

Really want a 2nd season.
Sep 29, 2013 11:48 AM
Feb 2013
Oh a wedding theme thingy, and teacher wants it badly, no surprise foe a 30 something to still be single.

Hikky protecting tennis boy from Yui's hamburger steak, makes me think he's GAAAAAYYY!
Sep 29, 2013 3:32 PM
Aug 2012
this episode was better then the series
Sep 29, 2013 4:28 PM
Mar 2009
Geezus, whoever/whichever group did these subs didn't bother to proofread or even edit properly. There's sentences that don't make any sense, like the beginning monologue from Hikigaya; punctuation is missing, so separate thoughts just blend together into some clusterfuck; and the misspellings, holy shit the amount of misspells.

That aside, it was great to see the whole gang again except Yoshiteru, he didn't really last long.

Totally got the feeling that Komachi orchestrated the whole thing to either glorify herself or see if Hikigaya would see one of them as potential girlfriends. But Hikigaya only has eyes for Saika, protecting him from Yui's hamburger thing, haha.

Haha, Hiratsuka-sensei was really into the mock bride contest.

Hope the author writes some more light novels soon so that they can make a second season.
Sep 29, 2013 4:49 PM

May 2011
Lmao, it was so easy to know who said what even for a lot of the questions without their voices and images. Of course my favorite bit was Hachiman protecting Saika from terrifying food. xD; Although I was hoping to see Saika dressed up as a bride!
Sep 29, 2013 5:13 PM

May 2012
A pretty okey ova, didn't really expected much so wasn't too disappointed of nothing big happening in this ova. it was a fairly enjoyable ova though and a nice addition to the main series.
Sep 29, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2013
Holy balls, the Cancer subs ruined the experience for me. The OVA did make me wish for a second season.
Sep 30, 2013 8:48 AM
Jan 2011
EEEWWW, Hachiman protecting Totsuka from eating Yu's hamburger steak, it makes him GAY!

About the wedding dress, hummm:

Yui's wedding dress kinda reminds me of those guys from TLC's "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding"

Almost like this:
[img]http://img.poptower.com/pic-81250/my-big-fat-american-gypsy-wedding.jpg?d=600[img]
Sep 30, 2013 5:47 PM

May 2012
After watching the OVA, which is really good, it made me crave for a season 2! I want to see more of Hikki and Yukinon!!! As well as the other casts. The little sister is so cute too. And that trap. It was funny when Hikki eat it all in order to "protect" his smile. Hehe. And that quiz!
Oct 1, 2013 10:02 PM
Aug 2012
TonyTin said:
Holy balls, the Cancer subs ruined the experience for me. The OVA did make me wish for a second season.

Yeah there were a few mispelled words (did they even look it over), and everything was poorly worded. It's almost as if it was done by a middle schooler with a semi decent understanding of Japanese.
Oct 2, 2013 6:37 AM
Aug 2012
There's only one question that needs answering.

What kind of magic did Hiratsuka use to tie up all of her hair?
Oct 2, 2013 8:10 AM

Dec 2007
dutchah said:

So I'm not alone in wondering about that, though I'd add one more thing:

Does anybody else think there's something wrong with Yui's dress? Specifically at the top? It makes her look more like an extra in something like High School DXD . . .
Oct 2, 2013 10:06 AM
Aug 2012
ErwinJA said:
dutchah said:

Does anybody else think there's something wrong with Yui's dress? Specifically at the top? It makes her look more like an extra in something like High School DXD . . .

To be fair, Yui is quite stacked so she needs a big dress.
Oct 2, 2013 12:48 PM

Dec 2007
dutchah said:
ErwinJA said:
dutchah said:

To be fair, Yui is quite stacked so she needs a big dress.
To be fair, she's not that stacked.
Oct 2, 2013 2:55 PM

Oct 2010
I think I enjoyed this OVA more than the whole anime. Imouto-chan was super adorable. Ready for a second season Brains Base
Oct 2, 2013 3:57 PM
Mar 2008
Disappointing episode, so random and full of pointless fanservice.
Oct 2, 2013 4:42 PM

Sep 2012
merurin said:
I think I enjoyed this OVA more than the whole anime. Imouto-chan was super adorable. Ready for a second season Brains Base
PS Vita game spoiler...
Oct 2, 2013 4:54 PM

Jan 2013
Can sensei just win already?! I'm also glad Komachi was a big part of this
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 3, 2013 7:00 AM

Aug 2013
The OVA was great. I enjoyed the wedding dress part. Especially when the teacher showed off (what a transformation :D) and stared at Komachi.

This show definitely deserves a 2nd season. We haven't seen the real "Love Come" part yet.
Oct 3, 2013 4:41 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, I really will miss the series.

Definitely my favorite scene would be Komachi announcing the results of the bride contest xD
Too bad that guy died in the first challenge. . .

5/5.

Oct 5, 2013 6:31 AM

Sep 2012
Neizaru said:
Even though I root for the Yukinon route, undeniably Hachiman&Sensei is the only OTP here. Would be nice if there was a second season, just as long as it keeps going in some direction rather than full random harem comedy mode.
PS Vita game spoilers, see my original post on Crunchyroll:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-798311/my-teen-romantic-comedy-snafu?pg=38#44473553
hpulleyOct 5, 2013 1:07 PM
Oct 5, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
Neizaru said:
..is there a PC emulation? Suddenly I want to play lol
I think it is PS Vita only. Not sure if they are working on other ports or if it could be emulated.
Oct 5, 2013 7:09 AM
Sep 2012
after watching the OVA i realised how much i missed the series, i hope it comes back for season 2.
Oct 5, 2013 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
GAWD, I miss the series so much. It felt so nostalgic watching this OVA, see the characters again, hear them talk about new stuff...

Great OVA. Lots of Oregairu-like comedy. Pretty enjoyable.

And it's kind of a nice feeling to write down another Hikigaya monologue in my blog ^^
Oct 5, 2013 11:45 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was quite heavy handed. I can't say Hikki and co was out of character, but they didn't fit well. I was suprised when I heard WW writen it as well.

But I got see Shizukawai in weding dress, so I don't have right complain.

PS: from what I heard from Vita game spoilers that both shizuka endings (bad as well as good) end with their marriage.In other hands even with good endings of other characters it wasn't supposed be anything explicit. So I going accept it as 100% cannon.
Oct 5, 2013 11:48 AM

Sep 2012
The OVA is from a chapter of book 7.5 by Watari himself. He worked on the game too.
Oct 6, 2013 9:53 AM

Dec 2012
I missed this opening song, great to hear it again! Komachi is now without a doubt the best imouto ever.
Oct 6, 2013 1:05 PM

Jan 2012
This episode brought back so many feels. ;_;
Loved how it was centered around Hiratsuka-sensei, she 'kinda' (not too much) lacked in the anime, but this OVA showed that her ending up with Hiki would be awesome.
I just wish for a second season, i just wish
Oct 9, 2013 9:12 AM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
Great OVA! Nice to see Hachiman back with the others.

The OP song was refreshing to listen to as well. For some reason, the OVA made me quite hungry. Lol @ the quiz session too. So funny. Hachiman, you always make my day~

That's what's all in my mind while watching, cool.
Oct 13, 2013 7:04 AM
May 2012
Oh I really miss this Anime :3 It's nice to hear the Opening and Ending song again :D

Good to see all of them again and Hachiman and I kinda think the same and that's cool and why the hell is Shizuka still single?? she is hot :3

Well I'm going to wait for the second season so please make one and put more romance in it :D
Oct 14, 2013 5:35 PM

Aug 2012
HybridMBL said:
Sensei is the only true end for Hikky

I agree
Oct 16, 2013 6:38 AM

Oct 2011
Great OVA, can't wait for another season.. too bad it will take years to get enough material. :(

If it wasn't for Yukino, Shizuka would be my number 1 woman for Hachiman's side. She has a great charm and is beautiful as well. And she really cares for him.
Well, but she still can't beat Yukino. Their dialogue in the beginning was as good as always, they really match each other. And watching her in her wedding dress.. <3
Oct 21, 2013 2:02 PM

Apr 2010
The episode was pretty nice the topic wasn't.
So the good parts where the answers and sensei's cooking which sounded awesome i also like the way how she persuaded Komari to let her win it was funny.

What i disliked was the topic of marriage i don't like the concept of it, and i am happy in here in Europe we are more open minded regarding marriage.
People living together or having kids together without being married is perfectly accepted here, and there are many advantages to not being married.
The main advantage of being married is that you have less paper work especially when children are involved.
That you must be married to be happy is nonsense, i know many couple that aren't married and live happily together.
And there are also many misconceptions about marriage plus people with a wrong opinion about it, for instance that one of the couple doesn't work and always stays at home is unnecessary.
Oct 23, 2013 12:06 AM
Jul 2018
draker said:
Disappointing episode, so random and full of pointless fanservice.

Indeed
Oct 31, 2013 1:34 PM

Apr 2013
It wasn't that interesting to watch. But it's nice to see Hachiman in his usual mood again.
Hope that there will be a second season.
Nov 11, 2013 10:53 AM
Feb 2013
Nice OVA.
8man, U NO LOVE TOMATOES?
Komachi was really cute. Same for the others girls.
Hikki, just fucking marry Sensei-chan.
Nov 14, 2013 7:05 AM

Jun 2013
Aversa said:
The episode was pretty nice the topic wasn't.
So the good parts where the answers and sensei's cooking which sounded awesome i also like the way how she persuaded Komari to let her win it was funny.

What i disliked was the topic of marriage i don't like the concept of it, and i am happy in here in Europe we are more open minded regarding marriage.
People living together or having kids together without being married is perfectly accepted here, and there are many advantages to not being married.
The main advantage of being married is that you have less paper work especially when children are involved.
That you must be married to be happy is nonsense, i know many couple that aren't married and live happily together.
And there are also many misconceptions about marriage plus people with a wrong opinion about it, for instance that one of the couple doesn't work and always stays at home is unnecessary.

Im also from Europe, and thats a load of BS if I ever heard anything. Maybe somewhere like Sweden and the Nordic countries sure. But overall Europe is still relatively conservative at least in the South, East, and Central, and West and pretty much everywhere outside of the Nordic countries.

Plus you are a little daft are you not? Couples who have been together are long time without officially being married can still be construed as married through commonlaw. Just because you don't use the same term does not mean the same laws and same principles do not apply.
Dec 8, 2013 10:28 PM

May 2012
Decent episode

This ova reminded me why I want a season 2 badly.
Dec 9, 2013 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
Nice ep, missed these guys
Dec 19, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2013
"This is.... Death"
I lol'd

Good ova
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Dec 25, 2013 4:07 PM

Dec 2008
for a show with such a cool dude ( in my mind at least, hes pretty real with it) there should have been a 2nd season...but most male characters with potential in anime these days are getting progresively less kool and interesting...*sighs*.....it was ok...5/10
Dec 28, 2013 1:53 AM

Feb 2010
teacher end plz
Dec 28, 2013 3:51 PM

Apr 2012
Please tell me you are coming, 2nd season.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 5, 2014 7:47 AM

Aug 2012
Hachiman is so lucky to have that adorable and kind imouto <3

These Vita spoilers made me want to buy the game. I hope it will get localized in the future.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jan 8, 2014 8:23 PM

Jun 2013
Choroshi said:
Hachiman is so lucky to have that adorable and kind imouto <3

These Vita spoilers made me want to buy the game. I hope it will get localized in the future.

His sister is actually manages to be a non annoying bro con.
Jan 9, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2012
Komachi...so adorable ^^. That teach ( Hiratsuka ) is such a looser ^^
Once again the only one really knowing what there doing is Hikky and Yukinon, i liked those character picture. So Hikky was deceived when the perfect "bride" is actually is sister, so special bride training :
Yuu food just killed that guy ( fuck). So BBQ sauce is a winner .
Great dresses girl, they all looked so good in them but no Saika ( pretty sure Hachiman would have liked taht XD) So great OVA hope for another adaptation when there will be more material.
Jan 9, 2014 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
Komachi is great in the game, she gets so much time! I wonder if the game has more dialogue than the entire 14 episodes of the series, I think it does. Just talking with Komachi in the kitchen is a great joy...
Jan 9, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2014
As for me, I kind of fell in love with this anime! The reason for me watching it is that I saw once a picture of Hikki which had the following sentence on it "Hikigaya Hachiman has a list with people tokill on it" .. At first I thought it will be sth like Death Note or Elfen Lied but it turned out to be one of the greatest Slice of Life anime i've ever watched ..

And this OVA was just as awesome, what I liked most was Komachi, that anime character is just adorable *.* .. Hachiman's reaction to Totsuka are also hilarious, I am absolutely against guyxguy relations in anime but just for once I can make an exception XD
Jan 26, 2014 6:19 PM

Jun 2012
Imouto is now second best.
Sensei is now confirmed best.
Feb 6, 2014 10:15 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty nice ova. Feeling pretty bad for sensei :( Hopefully she'll get married sooner or later.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Hiki's shirt

threestepsahead - Oct 15, 2013

6 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 7, 2015 10:06 PM

» Preview!

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2013

19 by onesnowyday_ »»
Sep 24, 2013 9:16 PM

» Hopefully more romance

Chho - Jul 19, 2013

9 by jose21 »»
Aug 14, 2013 11:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.