Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Genshiken
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2013 9:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Madarame's harem. LOL

I'm still enjoying the cosplay though: http://i.imgur.com/dREnx6m.png
Dat feels this episode and ending ;o
Sep 21, 2013 9:28 AM

Nov 2009
I can't wait to watch Mado's harem><!! The waaait.
**patiently waits** ;p
Sep 21, 2013 12:19 PM

Jan 2013
Soooo wait, I thought this was gonna be a 12 ep series? And yet the ep leaves off on such a cliffhanger (which I don't remember at all in the manga Hato running up to Madarame like that!?) and they also had a next ep preview at end, sooo, does anybody know if they were talking about either the Genshiken Nidaime OVA or the Genshiken Nidaime Specials?

Sep 21, 2013 12:36 PM
Apr 2013
Well overall a very nice episode although i don't remember that last part happening in the manga (Hato running towards Mada and hugging him). So that leaves me wondering. Are they going for a Hato route in the anime? I'd really like it if Genshiken got another season and didn't end just like that. Shows like Genshiken are rare. Also Mada bought Yosuga no Sora (good taste for Mada) dvds or is it just me? xD.
Sep 21, 2013 12:44 PM

Aug 2010
Good ep.

The ending was O_O

Loved the cosplay harem scene XD

And as usual Sue is <3

Lol when he was saying "She died during intercourse" XDXDXD

And Damn u Tanaka XD
Sep 21, 2013 12:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Fanservice next episode!
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 21, 2013 1:18 PM
Jul 2013
What vocoloid song called that keeps playing during Madarame scenes
Sep 21, 2013 1:20 PM

Sep 2012
Oh, man, just 1 more episode to go. I'll miss this show, it's the best of this season.
Hope we'll get Genshiken Nidaime 2 soon.
Sep 21, 2013 1:23 PM

May 2013
Lol that ending. One more episode to go.
Sep 21, 2013 1:23 PM

Nov 2012
Hehe, just thinking DON'T QUIT THE JOB UNLESS YOU"VE GOT OTHER JOB PLANS. Too dangerous with his lifestyle, might end up a hikiko if he decides that. What's his reason for quitting anyway?

CookieDoughFK said:

Lol +1 want to know as well

Sep 21, 2013 1:27 PM

Sep 2012
Orevataf said:
What's his reason for quitting anyway?

That bothered me too. I hope it'll be better explained in the next episode, or else it's a minus for the series.
Sep 21, 2013 1:28 PM

Feb 2010
nnnngggh I dont understand what was happening at the end but Im quite happy about it?
Such an enjoyable episode and Madarame harem.

Orevataf said:
Hehe, just thinking DON'T QUIT THE JOB UNLESS YOU"VE GOT OTHER JOB PLANS. Too dangerous with his lifestyle, might end up a hikiko if he decides that. What's his reason for quitting anyway?

CookieDoughFK said:

Wasn't it "Eenie meenie maney" vocaloid cover? I tought I listened before on youtube :< Anyway, I readed somewhere that was "Suki Kirai" by kagamine twins, but it doesn't really sound like that.
ovejachamaSep 21, 2013 1:35 PM
"...To kiss, that beautiful woman cherry-like lips"
Sep 21, 2013 1:49 PM
Jul 2013
Juhahamoutons said:
Wasn't it "Eenie meenie maney" vocaloid cover? I tought I listened before on youtube :< Anyway, I readed somewhere that was "Suki Kirai" by kagamine twins, but it doesn't really sound like that.

It was diffinatly a song with Len, just went back to the episode to listen to the song again.
Sep 21, 2013 1:55 PM

Jan 2011
Orevataf said:

CookieDoughFK said:

Previous episodes indicated that he isn't getting anywhere at work and it almost sounded like he'd been put in charge of looking out the window (given meaningless work so he would quit). But mostly he just doesn't seem to be getting anywhere with his life and his only real contact with females seems to be in Genshiken. (And what does it say about your life when you join an otaku group to meet girls?) Madarame needs a girlfriend, plain and simple, so let's cheer him on (and I'm not totally ready to give up on the Saki route just yet...)
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 21, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
so it seems like there doing an anime only ending, that's normally bad in my book, but hay there were anime only parts the original genshiken and they were some of my favorite parts..of season 2 anyway... and speaking of which did they say the original seasons are getting blu-ray release!? or was that just a crappy fan-sub job?...god i hope not
Sep 21, 2013 4:15 PM

Nov 2007
Madarame's shocked at everyone knows about who he loved. lol @ Kousaka! Nice cosplay. The farewell was ... ok. lol @ Sue.

Onni;s worries about the future. She doesn't want to give up cosplay, but her boyfriend want her to get a job instead of releasing cosplay collection. Cosplay session with wine?! So eroi. Confession for being together? Then Madarame quit his job and became dame ningen. Then Hato's confession?

Final ep. and onsen? lol @ CMing BD box of season 1 and 2!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 21, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
Surprised to see Yosuga no Sora eroge.

Really good episode. The OST is surprisingly good.
Sep 21, 2013 5:35 PM

May 2013
Juhahamoutons said:
What's his reason for quitting anyway?

In the manga it is explained quite clearly (man, it feels to me genshiken is not made by the author imagination, it feels biographical IMO), but I do not know if they will animate that scene or change the scene or the reason or if they will bother at all (fanservice? ohno boobies perhaps? will my screen be big enough?).

I wonder if this is one of those shows where a second season was already approved before it even started to air (whishful thinking, I know).
Sep 21, 2013 5:54 PM

Aug 2013

CookieDoughFK said:

Genshiken Nidaime MEBAETAME Music Collection vol.1
http://vgmdb.net/album/41503

Genshiken Nidaime MEBAETAME Music Collection vol.2
http://vgmdb.net/album/41502

So my money would have to be on song collection #2, track 17 the song called "ぽにぷにそんぐ (Vocaloid Ver.)" "Poni puni Song"?
Just because the word vocaloid was there.

there's also this
https://twitter.com/genshiken_2/status/376226798646075392
Sep 21, 2013 7:27 PM

Mar 2012
Solid episode. I am hooked on the ED.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Sep 22, 2013 12:13 AM

Apr 2011
judging by this epd it seems Season 2 is already in the works. (I hope) last week is the last epd, then the OVA
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Sep 22, 2013 2:33 AM

Mar 2013
Ok. I'll admit my naivety, but did Hato-kun just confess to Madarame-sempai?
Thought Hato wasn't gay.

But I am sure Tanaka confessed to Ohno though.

Someone please tell me this isn't some trap dream season, & at the end Oguie-san wakes up @ the start of the semester.
Sep 22, 2013 3:30 AM

Dec 2008
Ummm... up to this point I am the lone 3 vote. This is moving away from the continuing story line in the manga, so if there is a second season (which I would look forward to either way), what will it be based off of if it deviates from the plot in the printed story line? Or am I remembering things wrong?
There were great, pleasant, and enjoyable scenes added into this episode that I don't remember from the manga story line.
It was nice to see Kousaka being supportive, and everyone trying to cheer up Mada, the second known President of the club. The addition of that scene to the story line doesn't detract from the original story line, and is a nice sidebar. What is better I think is that Saki is leaving out a small fig leaf of a possibility for Mada (whether she realizes it or not).

All that being said, one more thing. Great Ohno scene.
Sep 22, 2013 8:16 AM

Mar 2008
Iku x Ichi, Iku x Ichi LOL
Seriously, second episode with penguindrum references and from the same episode director as ep.7 (with Seizon Senryaku) - Ichihashi Yoshiyuki. That must be an indirect confession to Ikuhara, hahaha

As for the story itself, I'm really curious where they are heading to now. I really hope they're not going for an original ending. Probably that was just Hato's fantasy and they'll be back on track next episode.
soulelleSep 22, 2013 8:19 AM
Sep 22, 2013 9:04 AM

May 2013
JALU3 said:
It was nice to see Kousaka being supportive, and everyone trying to cheer up Mada, the second known President of the club. The addition of that scene to the story line doesn't detract from the original story line, and is a nice sidebar.

That scene is taking right from the manga, it is in the next chapter so you should be able to find it easily.

I suppose the scene where Hato asks Madarame to not leave genshiken comes out as a love confesion, I suppose the real objective is to justify why Madarame didn't just pack his thing and went to live with his parents or a cheaper apartment; rundown/smaller apartments far from the university are cheaper so he could maximize his savings.

What is better I think is that Saki is leaving out a small fig leaf of a possibility for Mada (whether she realizes it or not).

That is the vibe I got from the manga, but in the anime they changed the dialogues a bit (in the manga Saki is vents about the half-assed confession) and in the anime it comes more like Saki really has no feelings for Mada.
Sep 22, 2013 2:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
broodo said:
Thought Hato wasn't gay.

Hato the boy is not homosexual (i.e. crush on his future sister-in-law). However, his other self is a GIRL. That's not really the same.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 22, 2013 3:36 PM

Jun 2013
only one more episode to go :(
Sep 22, 2013 7:27 PM
Aug 2008
Does anyone know the name of that Hatsune Miku song that they played starting around the 5 minute mark?
Sep 24, 2013 4:29 AM

Nov 2011
Ohhh Madarame what is going to happen to you now xD

That ending -.- Left me feeling like I wanted so much more

I hope so much for a second season of this because the amount I am enjoying this is way to high xD
Sep 24, 2013 5:34 AM

Jul 2009
Why do everyone say it is ending, there's still an episode left...

Still, this episode was perfect. Madarame fuel in the whole second part, as well as his confession actually being animated. My dream is complete, just bring back all the old seiyuus in the OVA.
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
Sep 24, 2013 1:03 PM

Nov 2010
WTH! Madarame x Hato?!?

Nice episode again and mood and setting was just right
Sep 26, 2013 10:15 PM
Apr 2013
I'm just so happy to see Madarame being his old self! Going to Akihabara and chilling in the club room. I'm a quite sad we have one more episode + OVAs to go. I really hope there is another season. And finally the cat is out of the bag. I was wondering how long they planned to keep Madarame from confessing. Also Tanaka and Ohno are like the perfect couple in my eyes. So cute. Especially in this episode!

It kind of feels mean though. After discovering and watching Genshiken a couple years back I was lucky back then cause Genshiken 2 was almost finished airing. Afterwards though it was very heartbreaking that there wasn't more to obsess myself in. Now there is and its coming to an end again! Its like someone is deliberately trying to torment me.
Sep 27, 2013 1:53 PM

Jul 2012
Love this anime :)
Sep 28, 2013 9:20 AM

Mar 2013
wakka9ca said:
broodo said:
Thought Hato wasn't gay.

Hato the boy is not homosexual (i.e. crush on his future sister-in-law). However, his other self is a GIRL. That's not really the same.

Thanks for the reminder on the Hato x Sister-in-Law part. I know he really appreciates BL, but he's starting to blur the lines on fantasy/reality a bit. Sorta like when Kasukabe said BL was ok, then everyone got excited. She brought em back down with her, "I have a few gay friends" statement followed by the girls sighing & being disappointed by reality.

We need more Kousaka!!!
Oct 3, 2013 8:46 PM

Apr 2013
I really want that vocaloid track its bloody killing me slowly
Oct 6, 2013 3:16 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode, it seems to where this is going there might be another season after this!
Nov 4, 2013 9:15 PM

Sep 2012
That was a rather large bottle Ohno-san polished off...
Sep 27, 2014 1:26 AM

Feb 2013
Glad to see Madarame is okay after being rejected. I couldn't tell who Ohno was cosplaying as on 11:53. Also thanks to the guy who found out the song. It being Poni Puni Song Vocaloid Version.

Found out who Sue was cosplaying as. The one with the crown. She's cosplaying as Merurulince Rede Arls from Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland.

Good episode.
Nano1124Sep 27, 2014 1:38 AM
Mar 29, 2015 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
An episode that really kept me in suspense until the end, with a twist in the finale really unexpected.
Narrative that shuffles the cards on the table proposing the events that I was surprised, like a bolt from the blue.
Plot that knows how to be loved, bringing into play Ohno-san to divert attention of Madarame then back on him with that final crazy; doing so, has really attracted attention to the next episode.
Drawings and excellent animations, stage not least as quality.
A little sorry that you have already completed the TV series, but do not wait to savor the last episode.
Jun 5, 2015 9:44 PM

Jan 2010
Madarame just can't catch a break, as it seems. He also seems to be going down the route of Kanji in the second season. This is gonna have to be wrapped up in a single episode as it seems, unless they leave this hanging.

Also, it's probably because I don't pay attention to Ohno much, but since this is the first time Genshiken has emphasized her breasts, I think they've grown since the first season. As in, almost double in size. Her personality has also changed from extremely meek with a mean cosplay streak, to plain eccentric all around. Huh.
ShockedJun 5, 2015 9:47 PM
Mar 28, 2016 1:20 AM

Jun 2013
Aah! So Ohno-san is a fan of Legend of Galactic Heroes (or at least a fan of Alexandre Bewcock)! Never knew they would even reference that.
Dec 13, 2016 3:11 AM

Feb 2013
Madarame got rejected, finally, he even quit his job.
Aug 2, 2017 6:26 AM

Oct 2012
Madarame got fake harem route
My life is complete xD

I feel bad for Madarame
He's still and will always my favorite character in Genshiken

Nice advertising, Saki xD
"Signature removed"
Sep 16, 2022 8:35 AM

Jan 2020
Poor Madarame, at least he has some friends to fall back on.

"It is written she died during intercourse." Alright, lmao.

Seems like things aren't going super great for Ohno either. But, I mostly just feel bad for Tanaka.

Hm, perhaps we're going Mada x Hato after all.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Jan 1, 11:43 PM

Feb 2019
good thing nobody else saw that hug, otherwise people would start thinking and fantasizing about things lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

89 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 2, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

91 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

38 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Genshiken Nidaime Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

42 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jan 1, 10:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.