Forum Settings
Forums

OVA of Light Novel 'Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.' to Bundle With Vol 9 of the Novel

New
Sep 18, 2013 11:14 PM

Sep 2012
It was announced by publisher Kadokawa that the limited edition volume 9 of light novel "Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita." will have a Blu-ray OAD bundled. It will be the unaired episode 13 of the TV anime series which will start airing this October and is adapted from the novel. The light novel is scheduled to be released in early March 2014.

Source: Kadokawa

Previous related thread: Light Novel 'Yusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.' To Be Animated

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. OVA on MAL
NaruleachOct 5, 2013 7:37 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 18, 2013 11:26 PM
Feb 2012
Reminds me of Hataraku Maou-sama way too much. Is that novel any good?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Sep 18, 2013 11:40 PM

Nov 2011
I haven't read the LN yet but only one chapter of the manga. Hoping a preview would show up soon.
Sep 18, 2013 11:54 PM

Sep 2011
Have yet to see a PV of the show, but I hope it's not shit and more of something like Maou-sama.
Sep 18, 2013 11:55 PM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
Have yet to see a PV of the show, but I hope it's not shit and more of something like Maou-sama.
My feeling is that it will not like Maou-sama and moe level would be higher. Set expectation low and you won't get disappointed so easily lol

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 18, 2013 11:57 PM

Dec 2011
To me these extra episodes just mean "things where you have to switch to fansubs just for the last episode." Which is annoying, especially if said fansub group uses completely different wording/naming to what you are used to for the series.

I wish these episodes were put on legal streaming sites too, but I can see why they aren't.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 19, 2013 12:44 AM
Sep 2012
They must feel pretty confident in the show for them to roll out an OVA before the show airs.
Tyrel said:
It's unfortunate that they decided to air the show a few months after Maou-sama. No one expected Maou-sama to be that good, and so, was able to surprise us by how good it was. Yusibu now has all the expectations from being under Maou-sama's shadow.
Sep 19, 2013 2:08 AM

Dec 2011
To be honest, the similarity between the two series doesn't look like being more than superficial.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 19, 2013 2:46 AM

Aug 2012
I love Hataraku but it's best not to compare this new show with it.
Sep 19, 2013 3:37 AM

Jul 2013
The premise sounds kind of like if Maou-sama met Hagure Yuusha. Interesting.
MinagatachiSep 19, 2013 3:40 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2013 3:41 AM

Dec 2011
Minagatachi said:
Hagure Yuusha.

Where are you getting that from? This guy isn't the one who defeated the demon lord. And I seriously hope this series isn't about a guy going round sexually abusing everyone he meets.
Sep 19, 2013 3:44 AM

Jul 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
Minagatachi said:
Hagure Yuusha.

Where are you getting that from? This guy isn't the one who defeated the demon lord. And I seriously hope this series isn't about a guy going round sexually abusing everyone he meets.

"The work comedy revolves around this former Hero-in-training and the daughter of the demon lord."
It's probably quite a commonly used thing in anime, but when I read that sentence Hagure Yuusha was the first thing to pop into my head. There will probably be people trying to defeat the daughter of the demon lord, and the guy will have to protect her, sort of like Hagure Yuusha. I don't want to assume though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2013 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
It's not on par with maou-sama so don't increase your expectations.
What bothers me is there isn't a pv yet.

Edit: Oh wait.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-19/yusha-ni-narenakatta-ore-wa-shibushibu-shushoku-o-ketsui-shimashita-anime-tv-spot-aired
JoksPacifistSep 19, 2013 8:19 AM
Sep 19, 2013 8:52 AM
Feb 2013

Animation looks good for ecchi anyway. Maou-sama was great but i'd prefer something that wasn't a carbon copy and this doesn't look like it thankfully.
Sep 19, 2013 8:55 AM

Sep 2012
JoksPacifist said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-09-19/yusha-ni-narenakatta-ore-wa-shibushibu-shushoku-o-ketsui-shimashita-anime-tv-spot-aired
If you checked the main thread of Yu-Sibu here http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=546305 you would have seen I posted a PV there today.

Sep 19, 2013 9:26 AM

Nov 2008
badgerkins said:

Animation looks good for ecchi anyway. Maou-sama was great but i'd prefer something that wasn't a carbon copy and this doesn't look like it thankfully.

I doubt there will be much ecchi in this anime.

Sep 19, 2013 9:42 AM

Jul 2013
Hoppy said:
badgerkins said:

Oh, but there will be a lot of "plots" going around :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeRSbiPp_zw

Sep 19, 2013 10:08 AM

Nov 2008
EasyGo-er said:
Hoppy said:
badgerkins said:

Oh, but there will be a lot of "plots" going around :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeRSbiPp_zw

I loled

The gainaxing isn't bad at all.

Sep 19, 2013 10:12 AM

Feb 2008
Why are all light novel titles so ridiculously long?
Sep 19, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2008
Veronin said:

Because it's supposed to tell you what the story is about, I say it's ridiculous as if you want someone to read it, put a cute female on the cover as that's already the bait needed to lure in a reader.

Sep 19, 2013 10:20 AM

Dec 2011
Hoppy said:
Veronin said:

Because it's supposed to tell you what the story is about, I say it's ridiculous as if you want someone to read it, put a cute female on the cover as that's already the bait needed to lure in a reader.

But (almost) every light novel has that.
Sep 19, 2013 10:21 AM

Sep 2012
Veronin said:
We know that sometimes an editor could even force a longer name on the novel if he thinks the title provided by the author is not descriptive enough. To stand out from the myriad of light novels lying around and given the short attention span of the young readers, it makes sense to use the title as a kind of short synopsis. The idea is to get the potential buyers to take up the book so that he would look at the illustrations and read the actual synopsis printed on the book cover. If the titles fail to catch the attention, then the battle is lost already.
symbvSep 19, 2013 10:27 AM

Sep 19, 2013 11:28 AM
May 2012
Oh yes I'll watch this :3 "boobs"
Sep 19, 2013 12:16 PM

Jun 2012
I read one chapter of the manga and it was excellent.

Granted it is only one chapter but it had amazing art and there was a lot of chemistry between the MC and the female lead. It also had some fanservice that was nicely balanced with the comedy.

I am very excited about this one.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 19, 2013 1:46 PM

Nov 2008
i keep on open mind but i'm definitely leaning on watching
Sep 19, 2013 3:53 PM

Jul 2013
JoksPacifist said:

Not too happy about that ecchi, I could really do without them flaunting their tits around every 3 seconds.
Sep 19, 2013 10:01 PM
Dec 2007
kuuderes_shadow said:
To be honest, the similarity between the two series doesn't look like being more than superficial.

Exactly. Except for the words "Demon Lord", there's nothing in the synopsis that seems remotely close to Maou-sama. I'm expecting something like Working/Servant x Service with much less slice-of-life and much more moe, plus some superficial demon/hero background. Doesn't seem really interesting to me.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 25, 2013 9:11 PM

Jun 2013
Sweet! Will keep eye out for this OVA.

Raniero said:
I love Hataraku but it's best not to compare this new show with it.

I don't understand the need to compare any comedy show with a remote connection to 'the demon lord' to Hataraku Maou-sama. Sure it was a great anime adaptation in its own right, but comparing this show with Hataraku is just comparing apples to oranges.

And it's just shallow minded. I don't know if its a edgy trend by anime watchers of recent, but when a Blood Lad adaptation was announced people were immediately comparing it to Hataraku before airing thinking Hataraku's setting the standard for new fantasy comedies with slight romance touches to it.

Seriously hope this doesn't happen to Yuusha ni Narenakatta.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by alfrado »»
2 minutes ago

» 'Ninja Batman tai Yakuza League' Sequel Anime Movie Announced

Hyperion_PS - May 30

4 by Haneken2086 »»
Yesterday, 5:02 PM

» Voice Actor Takeo Ootsuka Announces Marriage

Hyperion_PS - May 31

11 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 2:23 PM

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Unveils Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - May 28

3 by DafuqBOOM »»
Yesterday, 7:04 AM

» Visual Novel '9' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - May 29

16 by nachomaxo1 »»
Yesterday, 4:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.