Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 20, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2010
Bleh. The ending seemed to be a little too rushed, and I hate that she didn't choose anyone. Oh well.
Sep 20, 2013 2:14 PM

May 2012
I'm glad that this ended. 5/10

I'm now going to watch Diabolik Lovers, which already beat this by miles.
Sep 21, 2013 9:15 AM

May 2011
LOl, awww, Yusuke was so excited for Chii's acceptance over looking for his own. Certainly not my favorite brother but had one of the cutest moments in this end. xD
Sep 21, 2013 9:41 AM

Jul 2010
YES! A Natsume kiss again!!! OMG, he's just my ideal type!! If it was me, I would choose Natsume than anybody else!! :D :D :D

The ending was as expected but I still enjoyed it. Great series. This is probably one of my favorite reverse harem series. :D
Senjougahara: Don't call me "this chick"
Araragi: Then what should I call you?
Senjougahara: Senjougahara-sama.
Araragi: SEN - JOU - GA - HAA - RAA - SAA - MAA
Senjougahara: I don't like the way you say it. Say it properly.
Araragi: Senjougahara-chan~
Sep 21, 2013 6:45 PM

Jan 2012
Haha. After the novelty of laughing at the show because of how many boyfriends she had and how many stereotypical shoujo moments they could fit into an episode wore off, there wasn't any reason to watch this anime. It was really funny in the way that it was never intended to be, but even that isn't enough to get me to watch another minute of this show if they ever do make a second season. And I still didn't learn all the boyfriends names. Wow, nothing happened the entire anime.. NOTHING.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2013 6:29 AM

Sep 2009
What shitty ending is this :/
Yuusuke is really funny though ahahaha epic face.
Sep 22, 2013 11:11 AM
Mar 2012
Summing up this episode:
"I'm sorry, I only love you as my brother." - "Ok. But I still want to f**k you."
"You've turned them down for now. But there'll be a second season. Muhahaha."
Sep 23, 2013 2:50 PM

Dec 2012
it's kind of sad that not even yuki kaji and hiroshi kamiya as seiyuus could save that anime for me. usually i love their voices so much, but this time... it was the first time ever where i just wanted them to stop talking >_<

also, the heroine. submissive and stupid as always. and unfortunately i have to add "as expected". there wasn't a single moment where i liked her.

the brothers were supposed to be attractive, right? i mean that's usually the main thing about a reverse harem. but i couldn't find any of them attractive. they all just blurred together because they looked so similar (maybe it's because i didn't really like the character design/art style). their characteristics weren't really different either. i couldn't even root for anyone.

and the squirrel - wow, what an annoying character. and pointless as well.

not even the ending could save that anime. i'm glad she actually tried to reject them, but she failed, so it's the same ending as i thought - an open ending. (btw, i actually thought tsubaki and azusa were going for a threesome. well, that would be an interesting ending at least!)

all in all i give that anime 4/10 points. i'm glad that other people could enjoy it, but i couldn't find anything enjoyable or likeable about that show. welp.
Sep 24, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2012
And then there was the creeper Kaname who is an old monk, yuck, and Natsume who started out somewhat decent and then kept forcing himself on her too just like his twin brothers.

Kaname was pretty forward and flirty but he didn't do anything to her at least (unlike Fuuto who almost raped her)
Natsume was my favourite, even if he was really forceful to her. I think Ema was okay with his uh, kisses most of the time since Natsume's the one who understands her the most.
Sep 24, 2013 8:11 PM

Mar 2011
dat ending... i was cheering up for subaruxema or yuusukexema XDD

but any like other reverse harem, she ends up with all(none) of them

i'll miss the bishes ♥
Sep 26, 2013 5:42 AM

Mar 2013
It pretty nice. lol, idk but i think the game is much better.( it is much better as usual) , i noticed that they rushed things in this episode but overall it wasn't a big deal at all since they've ended it that way and its not that bad as i would thought . i love the series but tbh i didnt feel much shoujo-ish romantic feels or is it just me being dull boring shitty otaku idk. really. haha
Sep 26, 2013 6:49 AM

Apr 2008
it would have been amusing if it ended with Ema introducing a boyfriend to the family.
Sep 26, 2013 11:14 AM

Jun 2008
I'm so glad that she didn't pick anyone in the end.
Sep 26, 2013 7:57 PM

Jul 2013
TooFy said:
it would have been amusing if it ended with Ema introducing a boyfriend to the family.
Throughout the entire series, I honestly was hoping for this to happen. I wanted her to be like "Sorry to disappoint you boys, but I've already got a hot stud right here so you guys can go and hit on the first girl that gets close to you. Bye!" XD Either that or she hooks up with Juli instead of the brothers. I would find that quite a comical twist.
After reading the summaries of the LN version of this, I was a little disappointed with the entire show. Half of the brothers didn't even appear most of the time and Natsume's kiss was too much of a Tsubaki/Fuuto move. But he's Natsume so I didn't hate him as much as I should. Many of the amazing plot twists of the LN weren't even used. Anyways, the only good thing that came out of it was the eye candy......
Sep 28, 2013 4:43 PM

Jul 2012
OKOK. Went back to a 6/10 after I got over my post-BroCon feels. LOL I realized how forgettable this was, and how the plot was so silly that it didn't deserve a 7/10 after all.

@oreinjji: Cute Kagami sig! :)
Sep 30, 2013 11:04 AM
Aug 2011
Why do I watch these fucking otome adaptations? gawd
The last line was so stupid and cheesy I almost barfed.

Too many irritating people and shit moments, not enough Louis.

Hope she ends up with Natsume because he's fugly and she's boring as fuck. They deserve each other.
Oct 8, 2013 1:41 PM

Dec 2008
I need second season >.<
Oct 11, 2013 7:44 PM

May 2012
A pretty meh ending if you ask me, well I wouldn't be amazed that there might be a second season but well I'm not too excited for it, the series was rather boring and had a very very bad pace... 3/10
Oct 12, 2013 8:38 PM

Feb 2011
one word for this anime... BROZONE. a zone much much worse than the friend zone (not that bad when u live with them in the same house though.... hmm)

totallly was rooting for natsume (and a bit for yusuke, i have a soft spot for him cos i love punk redheads, to to mention the fact that he was the first one to love her >:I )

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2013 5:45 AM

Jun 2011
Meh ending, I was rooting for Natsume.

I guess they're keeping their options open, in case there is another season.
Definitely not gonna follow though.
Dec 14, 2013 10:57 PM
May 2012
Well, that ending was alright..I guess.

I always get sad or kinda sad whenever I finish watching an Anime so now I'm kinda sad :/

If I were to really choose, I will choose Yuusuke for Ema because Yuusuke is the first one to like Ema and they're both at the same age that's why it can work while as for the other brothers they're just old for Ema.

If they'll make a season 2 I think I'll still watch it to know the conclusion ^_^

Out of curiosity, I'll still watch Amnesia and Diabolik Lovers because some of you said that they're all alike that's why I got curious. I think this is my first reverse harem anime and I am not into reverse harem anime, I just have a feeling that I need to watch these shows.

Now I need to watch some comedy anime :3 thank you ^^
Mar 6, 2014 12:21 PM

Feb 2014
wow brothers conflict ended so fast '-' i felt like one episode is 10 minutes or something but omg i laughed at every episode and all the romantic feelings and i kept saying to myself what a complicated family and i wondered if that can happen with my brother LOOOL awkwarddddd xD but i wanted her to end up with a normal person outside the family so they ca all b jealous xD

Mar 18, 2014 7:52 PM

Aug 2011
TooFy said:

Exactly my thoughts.

Anyway, the show was too stupid to be true. Characters are quite interesting in fact, but the development fails hard.

» Escapism.

May 9, 2014 8:16 PM

Jan 2013
This was SO much better than Amnesia and Diabolik Lovers. As far as reversed harems go, I was surprised to be so engaged in this because the previous two shows hadn't left me with high expectations. At least in BroCon the heroine spoke in complete sentences (unlike Amnesia where the girl's dialogue was mostly "Huh? Uh?") and not every single guy with exception of that butthole Fuuto was out to rape her like in Diabolik Lovers.

The brothers who were given screen time actually left somewhat of an impression on me. I was rooting for Natsume all the way before I even realized he was the favorite among fans. He had just this really genuine concern for Ema and the little things he did made me feel good about him.
May 26, 2014 4:44 AM

Jan 2012
Hmmm I'm actually surprised about the mediocre reviews this got. I wasn't sure if I'd like it when I started watching but I ended up finishing it in 2 days. I absolutely loved this Anime even though the setting is a bit weird (I was kind of relieved they're just her step brothers and not related by blood, that'd be awkward). So anyway, I really liked quite a few of the brothers, Natsume and Tsubaki the most.

I think she made the right decision not to go for anyone though, it'd ruin their family completely and be sort of awkward for the others. Ema is a pretty good main girl compared to other heroines (e.g. Diabolik Lovers + Amnesia) for the first time I could genuinely understand why people would fall for her because she's just so cute, kind and not as dumbfounded.

It's probably not quite worth the 9/10 I gave it but I reeeeally enjoyed it. (can't stop listening to this damn happy intro song either.) :D
NendzMay 26, 2014 4:55 AM
Jun 20, 2014 2:31 AM

Dec 2012
This whole show was so many levels of ridiculous and asinine, yet I couldn't help but enjoy the crazy train regardless. It was just so amusing to watch the brothers tease Ema and I found this to be a very guilty pleasure. The conclusion was really so-so, but that's a typical harem so nothing new. Not to mention I went into this with realistic expectations, so good writing is the last thing I would expect.

I'm at least glad that this didn't turn out to be as similar to Diabolik Lovers as I had been led on to think. Sure Ema was a passive doormat (which she realizes and corrects, so +1 to her) and the guys were pushy, but it seemed relatively lighthearted and no one truly got hurt. Speaking of the guys, I think that for the most part they were...well, not unlikable at the very least. I think Louis was my favorite since he was so laid back and in his own little world while looking out for Ema as a brother. Wataru was really hilarious too, especially his innocent goal to win Ema over one day. Juli was a hilarious yet random addition.

Although I really do think a 5/10 suits this show better, I can't deny how much I enjoyed it regardless of common sense. 6/10
Jul 2, 2014 6:17 AM

Oct 2009
In the end she didn't choose anyone. What a surprise..>.> But at least she addressed it unlike some frog-eyed heroine from a singing anime.

I was so happy that one of the bros turned off the TV. Good to know none of them like Futo, like me!

My final verdict: I give this anime 6/10.

The show obviously isn't amazing but isn't terrible either. It does has its special moments, and some of the brothers are tactful and likeable, while some are just plain unlikeable or devious, while some didn't even have enough screentime to have a concrete opinion on (eg. Iori).

This anime tries its best to be provide romantic moments but to me, I'm not feeling it so it fell flat instead. That being said, it does has its heartwarming family moments, although some of the moments were a bit cheesy and exaggerated.

I also assumed that this was adapted from an otome game, kinda surprised that it was originally a LN series.

I'm okay with the brothers falling in love with a plain girl, but I don't buy that all of them fell in love with almost instantly after she first appeared in the house and to have such deep feelings for her when some of them spent time with her for a short while and some having spent no quality time with her at all. And the way they express their love to her...hugs I don't really mind but it's the kisses that are out of line. It's just my opinion. I have my own expectation of the proper way a person should express their love to another person but obviously not in the manner shown in this anime.

With that being said, I was expecting a conspicuous kind of chaos from the title of the show but what is being shown, the chaos is pretty contained.
Jul 10, 2014 6:06 AM

Sep 2011
That declaration of war at the end was pretty sweet.
Aug 31, 2014 4:45 AM

Jan 2012
sloot gonna sloot

brb getting kissed by 10 different brothers and don't mind b/c she wants all of the cawks

the fuck is this shit

and how the fuck did i complete the whole thing
May 7, 2015 2:37 PM

Jun 2009
this was the worst episode among the series. why? it was the end (for now). xD
Nov 3, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2013
I managed to survived from this series, somehow. I like Yuusuke's expression when he received the letter lmao. And Hikaru was really interesting tho. The boys were really persistent and the girl didn't choose anyone in the end /smh
_kukiyomenaiNov 3, 2015 5:43 PM

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Feb 15, 2016 12:00 AM

Feb 2015
Natsume kissing her was just random. I don't get his popularity.

Overall not a bad show. 6/10.
Jul 2, 2017 9:42 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
its like the 2nd or 3rd anime that female mc rejects everyone .... its starting to get on my nerves -.-

Oct 19, 2017 9:57 AM

Mar 2016
Though I would have preferred she chose Subaru, I'm kinda glad they left it open ended. I had a feeling it was going to be this way from the start. Ema's not the type of girl to compromise her earnest desires like that and all she ever wanted was a real, big, dango family.

8/10, would watch again.
Dec 27, 2017 7:45 PM
Dec 2017
Not gonna lie: this series had me in my feelings. Sadly I was disappointed in the last episode, mainly because I didn't sense the romance much. As much as I would have loved to see who she might've picked it did end with that "i love all of you as friends" cliche ]. Then again if she didn't pick the brother/brother (@the twins) i would've have been even more upset. Btw does anyone have a guess as to who turned off the tv?
Jan 19, 2018 11:03 AM

Sep 2014
Just as i thought it was an open ending but it was wrapped up nicely. Ema rejected them but their feelings still remains the same. If Ema ends up with Natsume that would be perfect imo. One thing that disappointed me is that some brothers didn't got enough screen time. Aside from that it was a good anime.
Feb 22, 2018 11:16 AM
Aug 2016
why god why!!!!! She is literally drowning in handsome mans but doesnt chose anybody;? Like REALLY??!!!! How can she do that to my tsubaki and subaru!! I am just so disappointed *-* *-* *-* *-* *-*
Juvia lives for the ones that she loves. You've got to as well
Feb 27, 2019 3:50 PM

Oct 2011
lots of cringe. maybe the anime scripting congested things.. she practically kissed everyone. the family aspect felt a bit misused(?) something happened every few minutes per episode. haha

but, I do see potential in this thing. maybe the original is better. solid character backgrounds.

Jun 4, 2021 5:05 PM

Jan 2021
5/10 that wasn't so “bad“
I actually kinda enjoyed.??? I feel a bit guilty>.>
Jul 30, 2021 1:53 PM

Jun 2016
It feels like we ended up exactly where we started in the first place, but I'll take that as a positive for once.

Ema went and told everyone -that mattered- her feelings towards them, although it appears none of them actually listened to her, so kind of pointless from my perspective.

As a whole, the series was about average, brought down by a variety of plain, boring moments, a barely functioning mc and overdramatic moments that are guaranteed with a show called "Brothers Conflict".

Dec 14, 2021 1:20 PM
Aug 2020
enjoyable in a cringe way, she should've been more harsh when rejecting them
Jan 3, 2022 1:22 PM
Dec 2021
i really enjoyed this anime. Lots of sexy boys, and the mc is also pretty.
Dec 25, 2022 4:10 PM
Dec 2022
The drama runs deep
Feb 12, 2023 6:14 AM

Jan 2021
"Just keep yapping!"
"I mean, that pisses me off!"
It's good to see everyone is irritated towards Fuuto.

The end. If you ask me, I'm rooting for Ema with Natsume. But in the end she didn't choose anyone, huh? Well whatever, as long as she doesn't end up with Ukyo, Louis or Masaomi I think anyone is fine. They were too good, better keep them as a family.

Oh also not with Fuuto. He's so unbelievably annoying.

Nov 25, 2023 10:15 AM
Oct 2019
Why watch this, over something better like Pretear or Fushigi Yugi?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Ema ends up with...? (Spoiler)

MR_FURUKAWA - May 4, 2016

10 by superstaff »»
Feb 4, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 23, 2013

92 by saraar »»
Sep 29, 2023 2:16 PM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 2, 2013

184 by BL00DY_SLVT »»
May 21, 2023 2:46 AM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 9, 2013

91 by ceylin_unal »»
May 2, 2023 1:05 PM

Poll: » Brothers Conflict Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jul 16, 2013

92 by 6Knotty6Thotty6 »»
Mar 23, 2023 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.