Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Little Busters! Ecstasy' to be Animated

New
Sep 16, 2013 6:10 AM

Sep 2012
During the fan event KSL Live 2013 held today, it was announced that visual novel "Little Busters! Ecstasy", also known as "Little Busters! - EX", will get an anime adaptation. The game is an adult and expanded version of the visual novel "Little Busters" and was released in July 2008 for Windows. It was later ported to PlayStation2, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita, and PlayStation 3. The original "Little Busters" was adapted in anime in two 2-cour seasons: "Little Busters!" was aired from October 2012 to March 2013 and its sequel "Little Busters! Refrain" will start airing October 2013. The main additions in "Little Busters! Ecstasy" are three heroine routes involving the characters Futaki Kanata, Sasasegawa Sasami, and Tokido Saya. It is not yet known in what format the anime adaptation will take.

The official anime website is already up and running. The working title of the anime is "Little Busters! EX".

Source: Official Little Busters Twitter, Mainichi

Little Busters!: EX on MAL
NaruleachOct 5, 2013 6:50 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2013 6:13 AM
Jul 2011
just as expected *^*
Sep 16, 2013 6:16 AM

Sep 2012
For old time's sake, here is the PV for the LB! EX game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3rnq5zHe1k

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 16, 2013 6:17 AM

Jul 2013
Yeah my dream comes true. Sayaaaa~
Sep 16, 2013 6:17 AM

Sep 2012
I'm just going to copy and paste the top comment on that video

'As each day passes until October, my inner tambourine shakes more and more violently. Can you hear it?

Shaka-Shaka-Hey!'
Sep 16, 2013 6:19 AM

Jan 2011
And all the Saya Tokido fans went crazy. xD Looking forward to it. :)
Sep 16, 2013 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
Oh yeah! Can't wait to see Saya's route (which was written by Jun Maeda, btw) animated.

I just hope that the studio won't be J.C Staff again.
この世界の秘密が知ってる?
Do you know the secret of this world?
リトルバスターズは不滅だ。
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"-Magus
"What are two halves? One Fren Da"
Sep 16, 2013 6:24 AM

Sep 2012
apau said:
Oh yeah! Can't wait to see Saya's route (which was written by Jun Maeda, btw) animated.

You're kidding me right?
Sep 16, 2013 6:26 AM

Jan 2013
egnaro315 said:
apau said:

You're kidding me right?

i wish that XD

It's just a stupid wish of me, i know it's impossible but oh yeah. Still Saya's route is great so I'm really looking forward for this.
この世界の秘密が知ってる?
リトルバスターズは不滅だ。
"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"-Magus
Sep 16, 2013 6:27 AM

Sep 2012
@apau
Lold.
Warner/JC Staff announce EX adaptation while Refrain is still being produced (also by them) and you think it's going to be a different studio.
Sep 16, 2013 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
Vladz0r said:
@apau
Lold.
Warner/JC Staff announce EX adaptation while Refrain is still being produced (also by them) and you think it's going to be a different studio.

Yeah. I know how this works, as I said above i was/am just hoping for some kind of miracle since IMHO the anime adaptation was pretty bad.
この世界の秘密が知ってる?
リトルバスターズは不滅だ。
Sep 16, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2007
Nice to see Ecstasy finally confirmed!
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Sep 16, 2013 6:37 AM

Sep 2012
I think Saya looks pretty cool in the anime character design:

http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/seiyufan/imgs/5/0/50d3dd48.jpg
http://blog-imgs-61.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/c1.png

Sep 16, 2013 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
This is awesome news indeed, I was expecting them to animate the EX routes, I'm assuming they'll be separate ovas. Either way this is exciting, now I just hope that JC Staff puts in Sha la la Ectasy, and I'll be a happy man.
Sep 16, 2013 6:39 AM

Jul 2013
apau said:

Yeah. I know how this works, as I said above i was/am just hoping for some kind of miracle since IMHO the anime adaptation was pretty bad.

Refrain anime is not yet aired and i think JC staff did their best in second season.
So I hope Refrain anime will be good and give great tearjerks to all fans of anime.
if so there's a hope ecstasy will get good adaptation too and finally my never ending wait of EX translation get cured

*fixed lol
Eien-StorySep 16, 2013 6:46 AM
Sep 16, 2013 6:46 AM

Jan 2013
Eien-Story said:
apau said:

Refrain anime is not yet aired and i think JC staff did their best in second season.
So I hope Refrain anime will be good and give great tearjerks to all fans of anime.
if so there's a hope estacy will get good adaptation too and finally my never ending wait of EX translation get cured

I was talking about the first season. Yeah, I know that the best of Little Busters! is Refrain, but the content that was adapted in the first season was also good and IMO J.C Staff arruined it.

And if Refrain is gonna be adapted at least decently it'll become one of the best anime ever made xD

Yup, I hope to see Ecstasy well adapted or, at least that in doki fansubs they'll hurry up in the translation when they see that is getting an anime adaption xD
この世界の秘密が知ってる?
リトルバスターズは不滅だ。
Sep 16, 2013 6:48 AM

Apr 2008
SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA! ASDFGHJKLKJHGFDSASDFGHJKL!!!
Sep 16, 2013 6:50 AM

May 2012
Alright guys.. don't be silly stupid or dumb... the next person that talks shit about kami-sama staff is going to get raped by the big ass dino in rewrite... also I wanna put 500 dollars down and say that warner bros will ride little busters dick till the end... kud wafter adoption will be announced soon..they are fucking over hyping me me heart can not handle it.. fuck my life... also you guys should be thankfull that one shitty studio isn't touching refrain because inb4 removes all ex character to fit the story into 2 seasons and also making kuds and haruka route 1episode ova
Sep 16, 2013 6:50 AM

May 2011
Okay, I totally wasn't expecting this. This is great news! I personally thought that JC Staff did a decent job for the first season. I wondered how JC Staff was going to squeeze the entire Refrain story into 2nd season along with the EX routes, but this just cleared any doubts I had. I'll be looking forward to the Refrain arc and now this too.

Kazejimonji said:
SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA SAYA! ASDFGHJKLKJHGFDSASDFGHJKL!!!

Saya is the best, so I approve of this :D Looking forward to (hopefully) Sakurai Harumi as Saya again!
Check out my list here. That's the Brigade Chief's orders!
Sep 16, 2013 7:00 AM

Jul 2013
i wonder if the EX patch will be out before this airs.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Sep 16, 2013 7:18 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
For old time's sake, here is the PV for the LB! EX game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3rnq5zHe1k

This is really my favourite version of the「Little Busters!」OP theme song :D
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Sep 16, 2013 7:26 AM
May 2012
Fuck yeah upcoming season 2 and now this!!!!!
Sep 16, 2013 7:37 AM

Feb 2011
OMG More Little Busters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 16, 2013 7:44 AM

May 2010
Whoa~!!! Can't wait, especially for Sasami route <3

Now it's a really tough decision tough, should I play the Ecstasy first, or wait for anime :(
Sep 16, 2013 7:45 AM

Nov 2008
recently started watching the first season i'll to see if it's good
Sep 16, 2013 7:50 AM

Oct 2012
Sasasesasasasasesagawa Sasasasesami is best girl.
Really hope is is another 26 eps anime!
"But there's nothing wrong to worrying. It's like a wall you need to overcome, to make it to the next level. If you're running up against that wall, it means you're moving forward. I wonder how many walls I've broken up until now, but if you wont move yourself, you will never get anywhere." - Aiko Muto

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/PersonX&sclick=1]
Sep 16, 2013 7:56 AM

Feb 2012
was meant to sleep early tonight, last day of high school tomorrow with many parties, but nuuuuuuu, this keeps me up for so long *A*

anyway, wah totally excited ^_^ I haven't played the ex routes yet, but for those who have *looks at Tennouji* would you say it's possible to watch only Sayas route and not the rest of little busters?

coz many of my friends hate little busters for season 1 but I want them to be able to experience some of it at least, and I've heard Saya's route is kind of different~
Sep 16, 2013 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
I think it's kind of funny that Little Busters is getting more seasons for J.C. to ruin, at least it sells so we'll get some decent anime from them in the future, so it's a necessary evil.

Sep 16, 2013 8:10 AM

Jul 2011
Man, oddly enough, I was expecting a h-adaptation. Thankfully, that's not the case.

Let's not read Key for the hentai.
Sep 16, 2013 8:14 AM

Oct 2007
I can't wait to sit through 2 more anime of LB.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Sep 16, 2013 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
I plan on playing the entire VN at some point.

I find it so much more interesting when I watch the Anime first, so I might, but I did want to have a experience playing a VN where I didn't know what was going to happen.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 16, 2013 8:16 AM

Feb 2012
and with this, everyone has forgotten that the pre-air episode was cancelled :3 oh how hope can so easily vanquish desbear, upupupu
Sep 16, 2013 8:18 AM

May 2013
That was good news to hear.
Sep 16, 2013 8:24 AM

Mar 2012
That's good, so I don't have to worry. I wanted to play the EX routes first when translated before adaption, and now I can watch Refrain and skip EX til then.
Sep 16, 2013 8:35 AM
Oct 2009
LB Ex is exactly the same as the original game but with 3 new routes and H-scenes.. right ?
Sep 16, 2013 8:36 AM

Nov 2009
Yay for the Sasami, Kanata and Saya routes.

Not that I've had a chance to play them yet but from what I hear Saya's blows every other route out of the water to many fans.

So yeah, I'll look forward to this ^_^
Sep 16, 2013 8:36 AM

Jun 2008
I'm ready.
Shaka shaka, Hey!
Sep 16, 2013 8:42 AM

Aug 2010
With all the hype Saya is getting...I really want to play it!! >_<!!

I hope this will be a good reason for the translators to pick it up at faster speed!!!
Sep 16, 2013 9:13 AM

Nov 2010
smilewolfy said:
and with this, everyone has forgotten that the pre-air episode was cancelled :3 oh how hope can so easily vanquish desbear, upupupu

It means they have more time to polish the actual series, so for me it's all good. much better than releasing unfinished product later.

I don't even mind if they (just if) suddenly postpond the actual TV running as long as they could polish it as good as possible. I don't mind waiting for good product, we have previously waiting for around 5 years anyway
Sep 16, 2013 9:19 AM

Nov 2011
I'll be watching this for sure. Too bad about the preair oh well.
Sep 16, 2013 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
smilewolfy said:

It means they have more time to polish the actual series, so for me it's all good. much better than releasing unfinished product later.

I don't even mind if they (just if) suddenly postpond the actual TV running as long as they could polish it as good as possible. I don't mind waiting for good product, we have previously waiting for around 5 years anyway

^
I was gladly ready to wait until April 2014 before the start of Refrain. I didn't expect them to only wait 6 months inbetween, although I predicted it based on the Tokyo-MX re-run of season 1. Hoping for another PV on their channel soon to get a good idea of what JC Staff is capable of so I can ease my anxiety >_<
Sep 16, 2013 9:28 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, I didn't think that people would still be going on about how J.C. Staff supposedly "ruined" the first season.

Anyhow, looking forward to this as I only only played up untill the end of Refrain.

Sep 16, 2013 9:41 AM

Nov 2011
Btw a question, is it required to watch the upcoming Refrain to fully enjoy LB Ecstasy?
Sep 16, 2013 9:47 AM

Nov 2010
Stark700 said:
Btw a question, is it required to watch the upcoming Refrain to fully enjoy LB Ecstasy?

Yes, because I think it will spoil Refrain a lot.
Sep 16, 2013 9:50 AM

Oct 2012
this is what i needed.... really cant wait to see another route from LB,

Sep 16, 2013 9:54 AM

May 2011
zeroyuki92 said:
Stark700 said:

Yes, because I think it will spoil Refrain a lot.

Yes and no IMO. It depends on which character's route we're talking about. If I recall, Sasami and Saya's routes require a certain amount of understanding of the Refrain route to make a little more sense, but Kanata's route pretty much runs parallel to Haruka's route. Nothing much from Refrain was mentioned in Kanata's story, because it was meant to fill in some more details that was missing in Haruka's route. It is still highly recommended the watch Refrain first of course, because that's the way it was meant to be.
Check out my list here. That's the Brigade Chief's orders!
Sep 16, 2013 9:54 AM

Oct 2010
apau said:

I thought we were through with that subject for a long time.

Come to me, Saya <3
Sep 16, 2013 9:55 AM

Mar 2012
Yay this news made my day. I'm so happy that I can finally see Tokido Saya in action one day. She by far my most favorite character out of them all {when I read up on the characters that is}. Atleast I know she will be a main in this series.
Sep 16, 2013 10:19 AM

Jun 2008
More Little Busters is welcomed : D
Sep 16, 2013 10:20 AM

Dec 2011
Omg Saya animated HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG <3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yami Shibai' Gets 13th Season in Summer 2024

DatRandomDude - 8 hours ago

3 by Haou-Judai »»
48 minutes ago

» 'Shoushimin Series' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
3 hours ago

» Gainax Begins Production of 'Aoki Uru' Anime Movie After Lawsuit

arsonal - Jun 23, 2017

25 by wallus81 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

16 by EcchiGodMamster »»
6 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.