Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 5, 2009 9:32 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode just aired.

Summary:

Next episode:
Nightmare7Feb 6, 2009 10:21 AM
Feb 5, 2009 9:55 AM
Jun 2008
Ushiochan kawaiiiiii~~~~~ like nagisachan
Feb 5, 2009 1:02 PM

Jan 2008
Nightmare7 said:

...Ok, so a spoiler-tag was hardly necessary there, but still...

A pretty nice episode. Not as depressing as I thought it would be, which was kinda nice, because, as much as I loved last week's episode, (funny, huh? I loved an episode BECAUSE it made me more depressed than any other anime before it...) having too much sad stuff would just make it hard for me to actually keep watching. Also, for once, I actually kinda liked the ending-theme, especially how the final shot in the episode blends flawlessly into the ending animation, with the background being the only thing that changes. I have to wonder, was the ending made with this specific episode in mind?

...Not much more to say, really... At least, not right now.
Feb 5, 2009 1:55 PM

Aug 2007
I can't wait. <3
Usotsuki. 
Feb 5, 2009 2:03 PM

Dec 2007
Pretty safe to say the remaining episodes will be implemented in a fashion to further Tomoya's character development and introduce Ushio's all the way to her
Mitsukai-Feb 7, 2009 1:07 PM
Feb 5, 2009 3:46 PM

Mar 2008
so 5 years have passed after nagisa died.. and tomoya has worked like a cow and uses up his money on pachinko just to past the time and is trying to waste his lungs with cigarette..

when he comes home, nobody is there and the house is a mess.
where is ushio? he left her at sanae and akio's place.

so sanae and akio tries to fix things by letting them have some time to themselves. tomoya is indifferent and is really getting on my nerves. i understand it's hard to lose someone important.. especially when that person is the one who gave you a meaning to live for..

but wat about ushio? i guess he feels depressed when he sees so much of nagisa in ushio, but that's even more reason for him to look after her. well, put it this way, when tomoya dies and meets up with nagisa in heaven/hell, how would he answer to nagisa about ushio? "ah i left her at ur parents' place and never gave a damn about her"? i was really enraged at this episode.. he ignored 'shichigosan' and worked through it?

well, in a way, it's very typical of tomoya to be a pessimist.. he thinks that if he never spoke to nagisa on that path, none of the sad things would've happened..

for me i would think of ushio as nagisa's last gift to me and cherish her like how tomoya cherished nagisa.. there u go, tomoya. u still have something to live for, remember??
well, anyways, the ending synchroed well with this episode.. cool and creative.
the preview for next episode killed me. tomoya totally freaked ushio out and he might hurt her.. >.<

hmm it's a weird thing that nobody seems to have grown up except ushio after 5 years. especially sanae.. that was why i was so surprised when a 5 year old ushio came out. and ushio never called tomoya "otou san"..wat a sad man
Feb 5, 2009 7:24 PM

Jul 2008
Wow the time skips in the After Story are crazy. Has it been like 10 years since he graduated high school?

And Ushio is adorable!
Feb 5, 2009 7:40 PM

Jul 2008

Yes, Ushio is sooo cute indeed.
Keeps reminding me of nagisa.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Feb 5, 2009 8:09 PM

Jan 2008
i miss nagisa
MY SIGNATURE

Feb 6, 2009 1:20 AM
Mar 2008
This episode cheered me up a lot since what happened last week. At first I thought it was weird, I was expecting an emo Tomoya, but in the end I liked it, and Ushio is really cute.
Feb 6, 2009 2:06 AM

Jul 2007
Holy sh*t. This episode was just an incredible injection of cuteness. Just wow.

And the ending thing was pretty cool. Kudos to KyoAni for that and all the cuteness in the ep.
Feb 6, 2009 4:24 AM

Sep 2008
Wow, Ushio is sooooo cute i wan't more...
But i still miss Nagisa.
Good Job !
Feb 6, 2009 5:18 AM
Jan 2009
so sad..but at the same time theres a bit happiness...

i miss nagisa too.. =(
Feb 6, 2009 5:19 AM
Jan 2009
I found something interesting and i know this is not concern on the anime(I think.)

well anyways I like it.
XD
cascadyFeb 6, 2009 5:37 AM
Feb 6, 2009 6:13 AM

Aug 2008
Lol. The way tomoya met ushio is a bit.. epic =O

I was wondering was is going to happen next? It doesn't seems anything big..
Feb 6, 2009 6:23 AM

Sep 2007
Nightmare7 said:

I lol'd.
Also great introductory chapter for the best character of the series.
Feb 6, 2009 6:46 AM

Jul 2008
Ushio really resembles Nagisa and she is soooo cute ! ♥ And what a cute voice ! And Tomoya and Ushio finally had some father - daughter time !

... wait... wasn't there that kind of purple BIG toy in Kanon 2006 too? (the one which Sayuri gave to Mai :0).

Feb 6, 2009 7:08 AM

Mar 2008
top marks to kyoani for this one. They put in just the right amount of emo-tomoya so that it didn't get dragged down by the negativity and coupled with kawaii ushio, it's a good follow up to last week. It really feels like we're transitioning into something good.
Feb 6, 2009 7:30 AM

Jun 2008
Can't believe they like breeze through the Tomoya depression part in the first few minutes.

Ushio is so adorable!!!!! :3
I can't wait to see the development between the two's relationship
Feb 6, 2009 7:48 AM

Dec 2007
This was a lovely episode! It actually made me feel upset more than 16 'cause I felt Nagisa should have been able to experience time with Ushio too! T_T
Can't wait to see things develop.

Also:
Feb 6, 2009 8:06 AM

Jul 2008
It is possible that Tomoya let Ushio live with Sanae and Akio because 1. she resembles him of Nagisa, 2. maybe he just didn't want to "lose" - I mean, he lived just with his father for a long time. He sees his own father and how he just couldn't take good care of him (and Tomoya was older, and now we're dealing with baby) and he didn't want to make the same mistake. Not that this is the best (and he's not like his father too) solution, but still, he is young and has almost no experiences - it would be too tough for him. But I think he would be great father with Nagisa ^_^
Feb 6, 2009 8:07 AM

Dec 2008
OMG A LIL NAGISA!!

Ushio's sooo cute :3
I hope Ushio & Tomoya further their relationship, and hopefully maybe Ushio can call Tomoya "Father".

Good Ep, Loved it.

~Abs
Feb 6, 2009 8:20 AM

Feb 2008
and i was wondering how is kyoto animation going to pull off the rest of the episodes after nagisa's passing away. and they did a great job!!! ushio is just so super cute~~~ as much as i miss nagisa but i am officially an ushio fan now~~~~~

Feb 6, 2009 9:02 AM

Jan 2008
I am really sad about this father-daughter relationship, just because that cute, innocent child looks like Nagisa and was, like the cause of her dead...That's just not enough to give her away for 5 years!
Dammit Tomoya...T__T (something inside of me cried, when Ushio was running away and hiding from Tomoya ._.)
But still, awesome episode, I am really curious what will happen on that trip...
I still dont really get this light orb thing (well, kind of, but stil...), I wonder how KyoAni will fit this in the Anime.
Loved this episode.
(And I want to see Fukooo~)
AnimanisFeb 6, 2009 9:43 AM
Feb 6, 2009 9:47 AM

Jan 2009
=( no more nagisa

Feb 6, 2009 10:20 AM

Oct 2008
woop said:
Nightmare7 said:

Summary:

Amusing that you actually have no clue about what happened in this episode :D

I watched it live, how could I know what happened? I'm not Japanese or somethin'.
Feb 6, 2009 11:06 AM

Jul 2008
i thought tomoya would be a lot more depressive, now that he is still able to live and work wonders me. but ushio is awesome,if all children would be like her^^

Feb 6, 2009 11:11 AM
Jul 2008
Tomoya is a horrible father he won't play with ushio at all makes me kind of sad for her
Feb 6, 2009 11:16 AM

Dec 2007
blt071289 said:
Tomoya is a horrible father he won't play with ushio at all makes me kind of sad for her

Depression strikes again; yay~

Seriously, I love all these comments that say Tomoya is now a horrid man. Have you watched the series or not, people?
Feb 6, 2009 11:30 AM

Sep 2007
Tomoya's relationship with Ushio is weird. I thought it would be the opposite of what it is, considering Tomoya's own experience with his father.

Great episode. Ushio is pretty much the cutest thing in existence. I like that she looks exactly like Nagisa - kind of explains Tomoya's distance from her.

Man, though, I totally thought they were going to revive Nagisa. Depressing that it didn't happen.
Feb 6, 2009 12:24 PM

Aug 2007
lonehunter88 said:

so sanae and akio tries to fix things by letting them have some time to themselves. tomoya is indifferent and is really getting on my nerves.

Yeah... It really grated on my nerves... The scene in the preview of the next episode screaming at Ushio to GTFO was also sad... although I've actually scene worse than that IRLxD
But I think its understandable...
Based on his thinking... however flawed it is... anything that ever happened between the two of them... including Ushio, was a mistake... I think realistically speaking its was probably better for Ushio's child development to have been raised by her grandparents the last five years and give Tomoya a little time for his wounds to heal... This is probably also what Sanae and Akio believe.

I was actually hoping to see more of those two in this episodexD
Like see flashbacks of their reactions or under what specific circumstances Tomoya asked them to take care of her. That and I just love Akio xD... sorry... "AKI"
Feb 6, 2009 12:38 PM

Nov 2007
OMG <3 Ushio is so cute =3 !
Feb 6, 2009 1:32 PM
Oct 2007
I find this anime more and more interesting as time goes on, also extremely realistic as even though Tomoya had a horrable relationship with his father its easier to go the route you know and not try something different, especially when your in pain. After all to my knowledge they never really talked about Tomoya's mother in the whole series, we just knew the father was distant, maby for the same reason Tomoya was. I know the movie ending and im quite happy to see its not following that road exactly but would certainly like to see a resolution between Tomoya and his father as well as Tomoya and Ushio to truly become family.
Feb 6, 2009 1:59 PM

Oct 2008
I swear, Tomoya can at least TRY to care about his daughter. I'm sure it's hard for him, but he has a daughter now, and he needs to at least have some type of bond. It just seems like Tomoya's a plain babysitter than a parent. I hope he changes.... And on a note, what Key just did was take the ending to the movie, and go, "Fuck it, let's just have them go on a trip and them never having a bond!" -_- BAD decision
Feb 6, 2009 2:27 PM

Dec 2008
Nightmare7 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode just aired.

Summary:

Feb 6, 2009 2:29 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode!
I can see why its hard for Tomoya since 1. Ushio is split image to Nagisa and 2. and how he looks at her thinking " it your fault"

But Ushio is totally adorable and looking forward to the development of the father/daughter relationship
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2009 2:36 PM

Dec 2008
LOL, the relationship between Ushio and Tomoya ._.;
haha. And yeah.. Ussshiiioooo~ <3 so cute haha. :3
Feb 6, 2009 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
I don't like her voice ><...

Feb 6, 2009 2:40 PM

Jul 2007
Since the beginning of After Story Kyou's part in the intro has her surrounded by little kids about Ushio's size. Will she be Ushio's teacher?

Nice, Lirael! She is definitely hugging Ushio. That would be awesome if she woke up.
Feb 6, 2009 3:07 PM

Oct 2008
Even though Tomoya did the opposite of what i'd done, I still understand where hes coming from. Hopefully with this whole set up him and Ushio have been pushed into there can still be a happy ending.

as for myself: im never pushing a spoiler tag again until the series is over. seriously between people who've seen the movie and played the game, those of us who are only watching the anime are like the blind walking through mine fields. its hard enough reading another persons post without fear of spoiling things
Feb 6, 2009 3:08 PM

Aug 2008
How disappointing...the most dramatic part they fly right through and in exchange we have this...almost no awkwardness between Tomoya and Ushio. Pretty dumb.
Feb 6, 2009 5:39 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting episode

Feb 6, 2009 5:48 PM
Oct 2007
Ushio is soooooo cute! XD And I LOVE her voice! She is now officially one of my top favorite Clannad characters, alongside Kyou.

Title of the next episode, "Ends of the Earth," sounds depressing. =(

noteDhero said:
How disappointing...the most dramatic part they fly right through and in exchange we have this...almost no awkwardness between Tomoya and Ushio. Pretty dumb.

What? No awkwardness? I thought it was pretty awkward. There were quite a few moments of silence and at the market, Tomoya had lots of trouble answering that lady's questions. I thought he must've felt pretty awkward around Ushio. And he had no idea how to communicate with Ushio. When Ushio kept coming back and said, "I did it all by myself," I kept thinking, "Tomoya, you idiot, you're suppose to praise her." Good thing the poor little girl didn't completely take his indifference to heart.

Tohdman said:
Since the beginning of After Story Kyou's part in the intro has her surrounded by little kids about Ushio's size. Will she be Ushio's teacher?

Hey, good call! I think Ushio's the little girl at the bottom right looking to the right. If that's so, I can't wait to see Kyou again. :3
Feb 6, 2009 5:50 PM

Aug 2008
I think considering Tomoya's character, that's as natural a relationship with a daughter I see coming from him. Ushio seems to act more like Tomoya than Nagisa, so I felt more of an understanding than awkwardness between the two.
Feb 6, 2009 5:52 PM
Dec 2007
Ushio is soooooo cute!
Now if only Tomoya would stop acting like an idiot, we'd have the perfect father/daughter family picture.
Feb 6, 2009 6:29 PM

Jan 2009
They did a great job in balancing sad/awkward Tomoya and the adorable Ushio. I'm actually glad they didn't go overboard with his emoness. Their relationship right now makes sense to me.
Blackhawk5017Feb 6, 2009 6:37 PM
Feb 6, 2009 7:32 PM

Oct 2008
I dropped this thinking the rest of the series would continue on a bad note, but Ushio was way too cute so I couldn't >___>'
Feb 6, 2009 8:21 PM

Jun 2007
Rikuna said:

Same here. Her voice is to deep.

@noteDhero - I agree...they skipped over the most dramatic part.

One thing I noticed though was when the lady by the store said "Oh your out with your father", Ushio did a double take looking at Tomoya. I'm gonna take a reach here and say maybe Ushio hasn't been told who her father or mother is yet and now she's peacing it together.
Feb 6, 2009 8:59 PM
Jun 2007
Rikuna said:

lol well she's supposed to sound like a guy.

Awesome episode. Looking forward for more Tomoya and Ushio.
Feb 6, 2009 9:48 PM

Oct 2008
Ushio is too cute for words. I thought this ep would be more depressing, but I was amused. And Sanae is awesome as usual. The transition to the ED was so much better this episode than last.
ironchefflipFeb 6, 2009 9:56 PM
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1171 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jello - Mar 8, 2009

285 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 8:20 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 11, 2009

135 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

quentinlau - Feb 19, 2009

177 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

728 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 20, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.